Options

[FFRK] Realm draws tonight! Login for a free 11 pull for player favs! (Daily Draw!)

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Exdeath can also heal, though his soul breaks don't complement that strategy.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Are you planning to sub 30 all on release? FF V teams can work from the back row. Lots of bows and thrown.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Well, lemme just see what I have for V healer reli--

s-l300.jpg

O-oh.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Well, if it really comes down to it, and you haven't used your Acolyte Archive draws yet, you could pick up Lenna's SSB (Curaga Medica + large RES buff), or her... actually, maybe not her BSB. The one on the AA draw is Cura Medica + Reraise, and command 1 is a white magic attack. Her BSB2 may be weirdly focused on BarIce, but it does have a healing command 1.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Well, lemme just see what I have for V healer reli--

s-l300.jpg

O-oh.

I think I have Lenna's full raise unique SB, finally it will have its time to shine.

My ffv relics in general are complete trash, even though I pulled on many of the banners. Only USB is Exdeath's and the bursts I have are all very old.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I actually think I have a 7* FFV staff. Judgment Rod. From back when there were relics without even a shared SB.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I sincerely doubt I'll be able to sub 30 every nu torment on release but I should at the very least be able to clear them

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I have lenna’s Usb but I don’t think that’s gonna hellp. It’s not very good.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Also the realm healer USB is REQUIRED to sub 30 the D??? which you'll notice becomes a Thing

You said that about FFT, too, and have already proved yourself wrong

Obviously it'll be good to have the best SB possible on the mandatory character (healer), but nature finds a way

• Options
    She gets a USB2 later. Medica + bubble + last Stand, not instant

• Options
    So I was trying to do Furnace Brynhildr this morning, and was really struggling. "This thing is tankier than 4* magicite, wtf" I was thinking to myself. Barely managed to limp out of there with a 1-alive clear after many tries.

Went to go "relax" by doing some Crystal Tower fights, and noticed that somehow I had managed to unequip all of my magicite. Yeah, leaving 50% of my damage on the party screen will make things seem ridiculously tanky. Went back in and got the appropriate number of 9s from my attacks, easy peasy.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    She gets a USB2 later. Medica + bubble + last Stand, not instant

Ah. Weird, that seems like it should be instant with those things.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Whew, Hades finally down too. What a bitch that was.

Team:
    Ramza CSB LS/AS MM
    Rosa USB Curada/protectga Battleforged
    TGCID OSB Divine cross/Guardbringer +Holy
    Tyro USB1 Affliction Break/Powerchain DMT
    Marche USB AS/Shellga TGCidMode

I think my setup could still be a lot better and my doublecast luck was terrible, but he's dead so I'm happy.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    What last stands are there in v anyway?

I've got lenna's SSB and BSB, so I've got a few reasonable healing options, and I've got at least one decent damage USB in dorgann and both a 30 mag boostga and a 30/30 boostga available. No last stand though.

• Options
    Lenna USB2 will be actually the only Last Stand in the realm.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Lenna USB2 will be actually the only Last Stand in the realm.

Okay, THAT is a bit unfair.

• Options
    I could see a Holy 5* magicite or Earth 5* magicite having a Last Stand effect.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    53 second mastery on Torment ???, I could probably get sub-50, but I have no fucking clue how to put out enough damage to get sub-30, aside from insane doublecast luck.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Blargh, my phone is so hot from endless Zeromus attempts it's lagging and killing my attempts. Time to take a break.

• Options
    Hmm. Thinking this USB might actually get me SUPER close to sub-30 Hades. I'm knocking on the door, just having a little trouble staying alive.

Larsa BSB is better than Iris here, right?

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Hmm. Thinking this USB might actually get me SUPER close to sub-30 Hades. I'm knocking on the door, just having a little trouble staying alive.

Larsa BSB is better than Iris here, right?

Hades was super predictable for me, so I could squeeze in a few Wraths.

• Options
    I tried Iris, but couldn't keep up. I needed Larsa's Wrath access, with Tyro throwing Curadas. Maybe if Iris had Entrust support.

• Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    I pulled on the Tactics banner, only thing of note was Ovelia's USB. . . I'll take it, considering my only other healers right now are Rosa and Porom, the latter of whom is at the level cap.

• Options
    Ugh. So close. I sacrificed so many holy orbs at the altar of this attempt but it's just not quite there and I don't want to also throw motes after it too.

I'll have to get a level 99 seraph to inherit and get a second 10 dark resist, I think.

I'm falling into a place where I'm either too slow, or crit TOO MUCH and get into the 80% range before I have Astra up.

Problem I'm hitting most often now is my first black cauldron is what is followed by dispel, and then an immediate Savage strike which... Well fuck.

• Options
    So in d450 for the Torment - is ovelia SSB (h85) more useful than BSB (h55)? I'm going to select one or the other at some point.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    ah another week of not completing keystone quests because I waste all my time failing on hades.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Did anyone kill Boundless Zeromus and write it up? I don't recall seeing anyone's impressions.

12 hours and I can't crack it.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    ah another week of not completing keystone quests because I waste all my time failing on hades.

I'm hammering out some quick Isgebind clears right this moment.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Gonna beat up Mist Dragon a bunch today, which should get me to a 4th R4 Assault Sabre. 2 on Orlandeau, 1 on Agrias, 1 on Ramza, and Marche gets the R2 Divine Cross and R3 Guardbringer, which I may end up shattering to get another Assault Sabre. Then I can make a run at sub-30 Torment

• Options
    Putting everyone in the back for Elmdore is a trap. Much easier time with everyone in the front and instant ko resist.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Depending on your characters, of course. Could probably do some stuff with a back-row team leaning on Montblanc, Rapha, and Marach, depending on your FFT relics.

• Options
    Finally got hades down. 41 seconds. Used Raines osb to force him to dispel right when wall was wearing off with tyro sitting on an instant cast. Still took four tries. I guess I should worry about getting the rest of them after keystones go away.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Wow, those dark attacks from Cuchulainn are pretty ridiculous even on the lowest difficulty. Made it through the middle difficulty under 30 seconds with a team of Rapha (BSB+LMR), Ramza (BSB2+LMR1), Ovelia (LMR, no SB), Meliadoul (BSB), and Orlandu (USB), no especially ridiculous hones or duplicate copies of Assault Saber required. Don't know that I'm even going to bother trying to get to 50% on the whale difficulty.

• Options
    Fell star ruby and sapphire down. Not really sure on the other three.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Finally, finally, after 20 of the last 26 hours devoted to killing him (on and off, with breaks for sanity and battery recharge), Boundless Zeromus EG is dead and mastered, and his song is mine at last.

That was... not satisfying. I mean, it was an awesome moment when I killed him, but I'm disappointed in myself it took that much failure, learning, and revising to finally figure it out. These Boundless bosses are getting MEAN.

The deets, for the curious:
    Party order matters
    Yuffie: Reflecting Pool/Raging Waters (BSB1, BSB2, AOSB) +DMG (LM2, R)
    Shelke: Wrath/Entrust (SSB! Yes, I used it!) Ace Striker (LM1, 2)
    Aerith: Curada/Hastega (USB2) Lionheart (LM1, R) Half LD
    Onion Knight: Full Break/Magic Breakdown (pUSB, BSB) DMT (LMR, w-cast Celerity)
    Tidus: Lifesiphon/Sapphire Shot (Chain, BSB2, AOSB) +DMG (LMR)
    Magicite: Kraken (Main)/Gizamaluke/Seraph/Evrae/Evrae
    All 99 with level 80/99 passives inherited on them, and mostly max inheritance

Gear:
    Yuffie +40% Water, moderate dark resist
    Shelke: moderate dark and lightning resist
    Aerith: minor lightning resist armor, major dark resist accessory
    Onion Knight: moderate dark and lightning resist
    Tidus: +40% Water, moderate dark resist

Since defensive stats don't matter, I geared for +element and element resist gear. Everyone had +ATK weapons, except Aerith ofc.

The goal between the gear and magicite passives was to resist dark primarily, with Seraph dark resist, Gizamalkue magic resist (and fire resist), and dark resist accessories, and then lightning second, since it crushes the middle three characters the most after dark. Add in stacking -MAG breaks from Onion Knight, and healing wasn't troubling.

This fight was really long and can't really do a play by play. I had Zeromus's turns open on the screen in front of me and responded almost organically.

Yuffie EnWatered, Imperiled the boss, built up Blink stacks (hopefully two at once), then Raging Waters spam. Reapply Blinks, and EnWater as needed. In Phase 3 she tried to fire off her AOSB before Curse (I failed, but she tried), EnWater again if needed, then reapply BSB2 as often as possible, and spam C1.
    Shelke did Wrath/Entrust things, to Aerith, Yuffie, and Tidus, as needed. She also was in charge of hitting orbs. With basically permanent Triplecast, it was not a problem reversing the flow of time as needed (aside, targeting the orbs is a major PITA. Some animations froze my screen and made it impossible to interact with the UI). In phase 3 she actually cast her SSB once all her Entrusts were gone, to cancel Sap.
    Aerith put up Hastega at the start, then Curadas, a USB to jump start the offense, then weave Curadas and USBs as needed. Occasionally hit the orbs. In phase 3, she USBs after the gravity attack, and whenever Guts triggered during the boss's ridiculous salvo. Was in charge of calling the RW after the boss switched to permanent de-ether attacks.
    Onion Knight waited for the boss to be targetable, then did Full Break, Magic Breakdown, the pUSB, which landed right after the pass 45s Dispel. Then he'd weave breaks and keep EX mode online, making his attacks near instant. Eventually went into BSB mode and wove in C1. In Phase 3 he Full Broke the boss, then cast his BSB in time to land after the Dispel, then Magic Breakdown, and C1 spam.
    Tidus LS until Chain, then Sapphire Shot until BSB2, then more Sapphire Shot. Reapply Chain and BSB2 as needed. Phase 3 was a tad difficult juggling his AOSB, reapplying the Chain, and building enough meter to BSB2 so he had not terrible commands.

Eventually the boss was spamming de-ether, and Tidus/Yuffie were spamming BSB2 C1s. Bit of a slog, but I got there.

The final insight was not saving all four RW uses for phase 3. I used one when the boss was ~50s, hammered him a bit, then when he was low I went below 45s, dealt with Dispel again, and let the clock run down to ~40s, instead of ~50, giving me MUCH more time in phase 3 to whittle him down with BSBs. The boss eventually stops dealing damage in phase 3, so I just had to cast Aerith's USB ~3 (4?) times after the gravity attack, the first attack barrage Guts trigger, and the second barrage Guts trigger. This also kept everyone fueled with Triplecast speed 3.

This took many iterations. I tried physical dark, physical water, physical holy, physical ice, and finally came back to physical with additional tech I had gained from the first four iterations, especially the ice team. Glad to be done.

Based off of this video, though he has better tech for the most part, and made it look much easier than it was for me.

• Options
    Hell of an accomplishment, silence

• Options
    Okay got Ultima weapon too. ELARRA USB is pretty crazy. I love just coasting on the Regen. I have no clue how to take out emerald and diamond. I have zero summon hones and I am not interested in starting now.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
    demynnp0obho.png

edit: fuck you Guardian. Stupidest fight ever.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    The 18th cannot come soon enough. I hate marilis so much right now lol

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I almost lost rewards on the FFVIII event, because I forgot that it was still on.

And now I need to decide how much of the Weapons and Zeromus fights I want to get done.

This discussion has been closed.