Options

[FFRK] Realm draws tonight! Login for a free 11 pull for player favs! (Daily Draw!)

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    @kuhlmeye - might want to trim that down, image is almost 3 megs.

The 6* which I get the most use out of:

Meltdown
    Curada
    Valigarmanda

Omega Drive gets use thanks to Cloud USB
    Dervish gets use thanks to legend-dived Onion Knight, probably wouldn't have made it otherwise
    Affliction Break doesn't get much use but in places it's needed it's SUPER useful

I still have never bothered to even make the other 6.

• Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Argh, I need a damned break. Nightmare CPU is just royally kicking my ass, and it's just so damned cheap.

I think the strategy of getting the other two cores to go berserk must have been patched out, because I tried it and it sent him right into his Phase 3 abilities with 95% HP. About the only strategy I have left is blowing a handful of mythril to jack up my stats and hoping I can do enough in the way of limits to bring the damn thing down with a sheer amount of rage- about as much as I'm feeling at being unable to actually finish this fight.

I've tried almost every strategy I can think of on this damned thing and it still taunts me by reviving a core a second before I kill the second one, or repeatedly throwing up all the buffs and then going crazy dumping Globe 199s on me.

You have to kill both nodes at the same time to move from Phase 1 to Phase 2. If you kill both nodes at the same time again, that triggers the move to Phase 3 (which you don't want, because that's the instant-wipe Globe 199 garbage).

If you hit one of the nodes with Full Break/Multi Break while it's in Haywire Mode, it will self-destruct. If you use Multi Break when they're both in Haywire Mode, they will both self-destruct, which means they're both dead at the same time, and welp there's Phase 3. You can't just spam Multi Break, you have to time your re-cast of Multi Break so it lands after the nodes calm down out of Haywire Mode.

You could also be having this problem due to some SB you're using. Wakka's BSB for instance is random-target Full Break, which would also cause the nodes to self-destruct. For that matter, any random or AOE SB is a danger for killing both nodes at the same time, which again pushes it to Phase 3 where you Just Lose.

Don't ever spend mythril to finish a fight, IMO, the rewards are never worth it.

This is the lineup I'm using:

My preferred RW is a Fran with her BSB that deals damage and reduces every single stat.

My problems: I can't ever keep the CPU clear to even trigger Haywire mode. I'm supposed to lower their atk/def/mnd/res somehow without killing them, and the only way I know how to us by either taking up lots of slots for stuff like Power/Armor/Magic/Mental Breaks, which hurt them, and then away we go to instant-wipe land because I burn down the nodes and yay, time to pack it in and play something else because this thing just keeps kicking my ass.

I have a Ramza I could break out, if that might help, but I'm burning out on this fight pretty hard.

Don't burn out! That's important. If this fight is making you unhappy, come back to it on a different day.

Is it a different day now? OK, here's some strategy:
    - in order to clear off the buffs that the nodes put on the CPU in Phase 2, you're supposed to use the Support 4* X-Breakdown abilities (or the equivalent 4* dances). A breakdown will clear one of those effects in a single hit. The Combat 3* X-Break abilities will take two hits, and yeah I could see that leading you to killing off the nodes
    - Generally for Nightmare dungeons, you're supposed to pack in as many characters as you reasonably can that have 5* in the relevant ability, because those characters will get Bravery Synergy which means ALL of their gear gets synergy bonuses, regardless of what realm it's from. If you have Ramza stuff, you definitely want to cram him onto your team. If I'm not mistaken you've also got a Quina robe in there, which could also be a good choice. I think you have a Lenna robe in there as well, you could put her and Penelo to work with 4* dances.
    - Full Break and Multi Break both on Tyro is redundant. I'd probably recommend Multi Break plus whatever single target damage ability nobody else is carrying. Also that RM isn't doing anything for him (he's not hitting elemental weaknesses). That Beatrix RM isn't doing much for you, either (the "attack has chance to become X ability" RMs are pretty awful)
    - Ideally you want to have Power Breakdown, Armor Breakdown, and Multi Break all on different characters. Figure out how to down the first two nodes simultaneously (Crushdown and summons are probably doing that for you fine). Get the nodes down to one hit remaining, then wait until everyone's ATB is full and waiting for orders. Apply the finishing attack, then as soon as the new nodes spawn in, queue up Power Breakdown on the Attack Node, Armor Breakdown on the Defense Node, followed immediately by Multi Break. This should put both nodes into Haywire Mode and be a huge help. Then just punch the CPU in the face for a while.
    - If you're going to use Rydia, you may want to give her one summon and one black magic, so that she can do single-target attacks on CPU once you're successfully out of Phase 1.
    - I don't think you want Fran BSB as your RW. Assuming Tyro has Sentinel Grimoire or Divine Veil Grimoire (give him Dr. Mog's Teachings so you can start with it, BTW), I would recommend some sort of ATK buff so your Support characters can hit harder. I'd consider onion's ninja USB. Or if you're keeping Rydia, a mixed ATK/MAG buff of some variety, such as Onion BSB.

Another option that I haven't tried, but may work: Just RW some Arcane SB. I haven't mathed it out, but that ought to take a pretty significant chunk out of CPU's HP.

Since I just did all these, and cpu gave me a hard time too...

I tried for a long time to go all in in the gimmick and it just wasn't working. What finally did it is what @fry outlines above.

Have 1 person with multi break, 1 with power break down, 1 with armor breakdown. These three need full atb when you kill both nodes in phase 1. Queue up a PB on attack node, AB on defense node, then multi break. This should knock them into haywire mode, then you go to town on the cpu. Be patient with the multi break person, as you can time a multi break to land as they come out of haywire mode but before they put up any barriers and it should put them right back into haywire. I didn't need this, as I was able to dps the cpu down in 1 haywire phase.

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I might want to do a pull on the FFT banner part 2. Some real nice stuff in there, like Orlandeau OSB and Marche USB. I'm kinda cold on the Meliadoul stuff, though, and Alma's USB, while really neat for rolling out nearly everything you'll need at the start of a fight, isn't a Medica, so I'd need to get lucky and get her BSB as well, if I want to field her in anything but Magicite.

The next FFT event isn't for more than 6 months, though, so this may be my best shot at Marche for a while.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Way too many traps on those two banners. Holding for the next fest seems the best idea if you can clear the normal content.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Alma USB is...not great. It’s fine if you don’t have anyone else who can WHM, since it gives all of those ‘must have’ buffs, but at least on the new Torment, where you’re going to want to bring a decked out Knight/WHM party anyway, it’s pretty useless.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Overall I think Alma's USB is fine. But I've also got her BSB to toss in the mix so that probably colors my opinion.

• Options
    So I pulled

3/11, 2 Discos: Ovelia LMR, Ovelia USB, Montblanc USB

No dupes and that's great, but also not what I was looking for. Hmmm.

• Options
    On the other hand, banner 1 has stuff to make Agrias and Ovelia a lot stronger, including their Dulcast LMRs. If I got Agrias's LMR, I wouldn't need to keep thinking about spending a bunch of motes on diving Beatrix. And Ramza becoming my best Holy unit would be hilarious. But then again, I have four dupes here. Well, I have 29 myth right now (with stuff on the table) so it'll take me at least a few hours to be able to pull. By then, I'll probably have made a solid decision.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    anybody else having connection issues?

I think intern~kun is drunk at the helm again

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    3/11 - Ramza/Ovelia USBs, Montblanc BSB. That'll do game, that'll do.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Hmm. Found and deleted 7 poison resist accessories. I had always assumed they were resist element, but turns out they were resist debuff. What is the point?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    So I must have blacked out or something because now I have all the LMRs, a bunch of dupes, and 100% self loathing.

Now aiming for 100% head injury as I go slam it into my desk.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Okay, the Torment frustration banner's here. I really want Ramza/Agrias/Ovelia stuff, so I'm ready to dig in deep.

100-gem: Ramza USB2!

Erm, guess I didn't really have to dig very deep after all. :P

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Oh my GOD, I'm cleaning up FF VIII stuff and doing Red Giant.

If you get doublecast procs, HE FUCKIN INTERJECTS FOR BOTH OF THEM

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I pulled way too much and missed Ovelia USB

Did manage to snag Ramza USB2 and LMR2 so maybe I can make a stab at nutorment with just Ovelia SSB

• Options
    Ugh, I had complete Ramza for like, a week, but nope now his USB2 is probably going to elude me forever.

• Options
    Ugh, I had complete Ramza for like, a week, but nope now his USB2 is probably going to elude me forever.

Is fine. Complete Ramza of last week is amazing. Top tier support is top tier support. It's not like he can run boost and knight at the same time.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

Is fine. Complete Ramza of last week is amazing. Top tier support is top tier support. It's not like he can run boost and knight at the same time.

That's actually my tentative plan - BSB2 with Mako Might, use his C2 to Wrath up, drop his USB2 and Assault Sabre. With his LM2, it should last long enough to either be recast without lapsing or just stay for the whole sub-30 attempt (for Hades or whatever). It's gonna be rough running without breaks, though,

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    FFT-1 100 gems: 3* blah

Data for posterity:
    14 misses in a row

36/292 lifetime

3/37 this batch

14/95 2nd batch (about on EV for this batch.)

9/65 1st batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain, Basch USB, Nine USB, Sephiroth USB, Pecil USB1

silence1186 on
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    40.15 second D??? whale clear of the FFT Nutorment WITHOUT OVELIA USB (I just whaled for nothing)

The secret ingredient was crime Alma legend dive (made possible with all of the motes)

Ramza @ Dr. Mog, Assault Saber R4/Entrust R3, LMR2/LM2 (USB1 used twice)
    TGCid @ Truthseeker, Assault Saber R5/Assault Saber R3, LMR/LM2 (USB used 3 times)
    Alma @ Gathering Storm, Curada R5/Hastega R3, LMR/LM2 (BSB used 3 times)
    Agrias @ Azure Blade, Assault Saber R4/Shellga R3, LMR/LM2 (USB and OSB)
    Marche @ Mako Might, Divine Cross R3/Guardbringer R3, LMR/LM2 (USB used 3 times)

Evrae primary magicite, Evrae/Seraph/Gizamaluke/Firemane secondary

Timed reapplying hastega at 05:30 and after the first fowlheart, should push boss past the third HP threshold to abort the last slowga cast

I need more assault saber hones (at least R4 on Cid and another R4 for Marche)

Beasteh on
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    40.15 second D??? whale clear of the FFT Nutorment WITHOUT OVELIA USB (I just whaled for nothing)

The secret ingredient was crime Alma legend dive (made possible with all of the motes)

TGCid @ Truthseeker, Assault Saber R5/Assault Saber R3, LMR/LM2 (USB used 3 times)
    Marche @ Mako Might, Divine Cross R3/Guardbringer R3, LMR/LM2 (USB used 3 times)

Timed reapplying hastega at 05:30 and after the first fowlheart, should push boss past the third HP threshold to abort the last slowga cast

Huh

I have...almost all of that but for the hones and magicite.

I need to get to grinding.

• Options
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Oh my GOD, I'm cleaning up FF VIII stuff and doing Red Giant.

If you get doublecast procs, HE FUCKIN INTERJECTS FOR BOTH OF THEM

Its best to bring AOSB for that guy.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Relative to the delay to equip a party or load into a fight, I didn't even notice Red Giant's text, I just went through it on auto

• Options
    This event he wasn't too obnoxious. A while ago he had a lot more life and my leveling party was very annoyed with the constant unskippable text.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited July 2018
    I decided to go again and tighten up my strats with the knowledge that the bosses' turns are completely scripted

Ramza went entrust to TGCid > ass saber > chain > ass saber > history's truth
    TGCid went instant Mog chain > instant USB > ass saber spam
    Alma went hastega > reapply hastega at 6 seconds > curada spam > BSB > call Evrae > command 2 spam to keep people up in the last phases
    Agrias went shellga > ass saber spam > USB > ass saber > OSB
    Marche went USB > divine cross > guardbringer spam (gave him Ramza's CSB shield for 5 hits)

Got relatively lucky with TGCid triplecasts and well here are the results

image.png?width=308&height=547

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Decided to brave the dupes on this banner in the hopes of something new and fun.

4/11, 1 disco

Ramza BSB2 dupe
    Ovelia BSB dupe
    Agrias BSB dupe (come the hell on)

Ovelia USB!

Well, that was interesting. Could've been a lot better (LMRs instead of dupe BSBS, for example), but Ovelia USB is a nice get. Insta Medica with Last Stand is always nice. And I think it's better than Pure White Magic? Because it has a RES buff instead of Reraise? Depends on the fight and whether I want Porom BSB or Ovelia SSB more, I guess.

I don't think this can get me a sub-30 Cuchulainn 2, but I'm willing to try. If nothing else, it's an objectively powerful healer tool that I'm happy to have.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    3 copies of ass saber.... hmmm

• Options
    edited July 2018
    An investment I guess. Unless they make a better knight ability somewhere down the line before you power creep up enough on DWHALE
    At least 6 mo out

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    That D260 CM is rough. My Tactics team is almost all frontline knights, so I shoved them all in the back row and it somehow worked. Definitely not used to seeing Ass Saber do less than 3k per hit.

• Options
    The 6* "Enhancing Raid" knight ability that's due in ~6 months is a pretty good power creep over one copy of Assault Saber. More damage, and it dishes out some HP. It'll be pretty great to have Orlandu double- and triple-casting that in the clutch parts of the fight. Still need at least three other copies of Assault Saber though :X

• Options
    I'm missing so many other parts of that team that I'm not going to start honing anyone soon

• Options
    I just need 1 more R4 Assault Saber and I'm confident I can sub-30.

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »
    That D260 CM is rough. My Tactics team is almost all frontline knights, so I shoved them all in the back row and it somehow worked. Definitely not used to seeing Ass Saber do less than 3k per hit.

Ditto, except I had the amusement of going "maybe I shouldn't bring my levelling magicite team" and actually kitted out a full physical holy magicite team so my damage went UP when I went to the back row.

I'm knocking on the door, but may need to re-adjust a bit so that Marche is effectively a second full-time healer. He's the only medica I've got in the realm, and Ovelia solo-casting curada (or ultra cure if charm hits) just isn't cutting it

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »

Did you BSB2 with Ramza to start? Weird having an Entrust but no Wrath and wanting to use USB1, without the C2 of his BSB

• Options
    The "default" clear for D$$$ is to have Marche USB on turn 1, and Ramza Entrust to Orlandu on turn 1 so that Orlandu can USB on turn 1 or 2.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Why not, pulled on banner 1

100-gem: bupkiss
    4/11, THREE disco: Ovelia BSB, Ovelia USB(!), Montblanc USB, Montblanc USB

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I'm finally getting around to the harder Summer Fest content... probably won't finish the hardest MO fights, and maybe the hardest Zeromus EG, but should be able to get through the rest of it. Sapphire Fellstar was simple enough, mastered first shot even though I flubbed OK's BSB recast on the first dispel, and Elarra's Shellga recast on the second, resulting in three dead at the last moment. Good enough!

Onion Full Break / Chain Blizzaga / BSB / LMR, LM2(M), MM
    Shelke Wrath / Entrust / -- / LD, Ace Striker
    Elarra Curada / Shellga / USB / LD, DMT
    Rinoa Faith / Chain Blizzaga / CSB, BSB / Battleforged
    Squall SSS / SSS / BSB (for re-en-ice) / LMR, LM2, 30% weakness
    RW: Wall
    Magicite: Wendigo (99) + Dullahan (99+10% ice), Isgebind (99+15% ice), Evrae (99) x 2

Daffydd on
  • Options
    ...I just got a 30.46 clear on Cuchulainn part 2, thanks to Ovelia USB and retooling Ramza's strategy to USB1 spam.

I could get this to sub-30, and get my hands on Blastspell Strike, if I were to Legend Dive either Delita (for Dualcast Snowspell) or Orlandeau (for general power increase and 2 instant turns at the start of battle). Due to the scripted natur of the fight, I know this would work, (provided the damage push doesn't send him into a phase skip I can't handle) and I have 600 VIT and nearly 500 DEX motes, so it's really tempting to just go for it.

I just have this lingering thought of "when else will you use either character?" battling "clearing content and getting prizes is the reason that you Dive people".

• Options
    What do you have for Orlando. I dived him with just his OSB I think he’s a pretty safe dive if you have anything for him

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I have his SSB (instacast 6 Holy/Lightning attacks to all enemies, gives himself two turns of Powerchain). It's not absolute destroyer territory like his OSB or USB, but it does good work, especially under this Tactics Chain.

This discussion has been closed.