Wrecked season 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J60PnZN2WRU&frags=pl%2Cwn

Star Trek: Discovery season 2 featurette: 'Captain Pike'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7PGrwpCObE&frags=pl%2Cwn

Anton Mount has a career after Inhumans. *wipes brow*

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Seal wrote: »
    I'm not really feeling the Venom movie, but I hope I'm wrong.

I really hope those effects are not the finished product.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I think it was a mistake to go with a glossy skin for Venom, it will always look fake because it's impossible to match the surrounding lighting consistently.

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    It looks fine to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Like I've just accepted at this point that any given superhero movie is going to have dodgy CGI. The entire genre is built around it. I'm much happier seeing a film using digital effects to make something crazy and slimy and fun to watch, vs. digital recreations of actors doing stunts or nightmare-inducing de-aging effects.

Plus, it's a trailer, so it's bound to be unfinished.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Holy fuck that Blood Machines trailer. Turbo Kid was one of my favorite movies recently. And now they've got music by Carpenter Brut!?

I'm dumb. It says Turbo Killer, which is the music video for Carpenter Brut's song, Turbo Killer. Video is below and looks amazing.

urahonky on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    urahonky same dudes did hte video to turbo killer. they been brutin together a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er416Ad3R1g

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    urahonky same dudes did hte video to turbo killer. they been brutin together a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er416Ad3R1g

This is incredible, thank you for showing this to me!

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited August 2018

Awesome a typo in the first thing shown! Unless they are running along the sea shore. Seems kind of narrow in scope. Edit: Oh, it's not an official trailer I take it.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    You got a little LEGION in my Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Man, I'll watch Emma Stone, like, sell soap; hell yes I'll watch that.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Can we stop making Emma Stone blonde?

Please?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    What if she wants to be blond?

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    She is blonde.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    She is blonde.

Oh.

No one's perfect.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    haw haw

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Kidding looks really good, reminds me of Death to Smoochy, the dark comedy that bombed years back but actually wasn't nearly as bad as people thought.

Jim Carrey is a treasure and needs to never stop doing what he's doing. One of the best three or four comedy actors of all time is still out there doing his weird thing, I appreciate it.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/n6ffPP-PDkg

Simon Pegg getting paid movie.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    You say that, but I'm definitely seeing it.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    You say that, but I'm definitely seeing it.

Yep, it looks fun. Always down for more Frost & Pegg.

Hoped for Edgar Wright, but I wasn't that optimistic.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    47 Meters Down 2: This Time With No Recognisable Actors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZq48P0uSlw&frags=pl%2Cwn

This got a sequel? I guess the shark cult want to feed more pretty actresses to their god again.

Wreck It Ralph Breaks the Internet clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsJc12jp-7M&frags=pl%2Cwn

Malevolance 2: Bereavement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLWc3yD25Pg&frags=pl%2Cwn

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Gotta love the screen cap that doesn't even appear in the trailer.

Breastolance 2: Cleavegement

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    It looks like that might have sat on the shelf for a bit while Daddario became a bigger name, like that Bradley Cooper horror movie he made 3 years before Hangover.

One Punch Man Season 2 trailer.....or rather a bunch of text blurbs and scenes from season one ultimately leading to one new screenshot saying April 2019. Like seriously bros, put a real teaser together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRAQxhDQMMY

• Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    I'm starting to get worried about Wreck it Ralph 2, the entire marketing and media focus seems to be on the Disney princesses with article after article about how they look in CGI and now about them in casual clothes. Its usually a bad sign for a film...

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    So this is where the trailer thread went.
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    If this makes money I wonder if the long talked about Akira live action adaptation is going to be made.

Allegedly after IT2 is done the live action Robotech is supposed to move forward.

Robotech/Macross/Whatever live action has in some form of development hell for longer than some forumers here have been alive. I remember reading about efforts to get it made in magazines back in the early 90's.

I'll believe it exists when there's a trailer.

No.

Wait.

Scratch that.

I'll believe it exists when I have a ticket for it, and am sitting in the theater, and the closing credits are rolling.

And even then I'll only be about 90% convinced.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Forar wrote: »
    If this makes money I wonder if the long talked about Akira live action adaptation is going to be made.

Allegedly after IT2 is done the live action Robotech is supposed to move forward.

Robotech/Macross/Whatever live action has in some form of development hell for longer than some forumers here have been alive. I remember reading about efforts to get it made in magazines back in the early 90's.

No.

Wait.

Scratch that.

I'll believe it exists when I have a ticket for it, and am sitting in the theater, and the closing credits are rolling.

Pacific Rim getting made was a miracle. I don't think Amerimecha is ready for intergalactic warfare backed up by epic idol singing.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

No.

Wait.

Scratch that.

Pacific Rim getting made was a miracle. I don't think Amerimecha is ready for intergalactic warfare backed up by epic idol singing.

And random exclamations of MIN MEI!

• Options
    edited August 2018

No.

Wait.

Scratch that.

Fun fact: Pacific Rim only got made because del Toro couldn't get the license for Godzilla.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    No.
    Wait.
    Scratch that.
    Sure, having the end battle set to whoever won American Idol most recently might be a bit odd, but I think that the public is ready for transforming F-14s in space fighting giant aliens.
    If nothing else, the fact that we're getting yet another Transformers movie seems to imply that there's enough money in giant robot movies to keep getting funding, even after a handful of under performers.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    No.
    Wait.
    Scratch that.
    Sure, having the end battle set to whoever won American Idol most recently might be a bit odd, but I think that the public is ready for transforming F-14s in space fighting giant aliens.
    If nothing else, the fact that we're getting yet another Transformers movie seems to imply that there's enough money in giant robot movies to keep getting funding, even after a handful of under performers.

Giant robots blowing up things is something everyone can enjoy.

Personally I always want more fleet battles in my cinema(which is why I loved Rogue One), so I hope Macross actually happens.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    What Men Want Trailer #1:

https://youtu.be/ttOcHmRxmQ8

Green Book Trailer #1:

https://youtu.be/9ZS5d9l8XL0

• Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    Macross isn't happening because most Americans only know it as "the first part of that robotech thingy in the 80s". Next to no market exposure, easier to make a new IP rather than shelling out money for another Japanese one. Might as well ask for Gundam Live action while you are at it.

Robotech isn't happening because its a unholy mashup of three series with multiple conflicting owners. That and Harmony Gold is a copyright troll that is more interested in making money of suing people for using "their" IP then actually making new stuff.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Ziggymon wrote: »
    I'm starting to get worried about Wreck it Ralph 2, the entire marketing and media focus seems to be on the Disney princesses with article after article about how they look in CGI and now about them in casual clothes. Its usually a bad sign for a film...

Disney probably doesn't want them talking about anything else, is my guess

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Macross isn't happening because most Americans only know it as "the first part of that robotech thingy in the 80s". Next to no market exposure, easier to make a new IP rather than shelling out money for another Japanese one. Might as well ask for Gundam Live action while you are at it.

Robotech isn't happening because its a unholy mashup of three series with multiple conflicting owners. That and Harmony Gold is a copyright troll that is more interested in making money of suing people for using "their" IP then actually making new stuff.

Macross isn't happening because of Harmony Gold patent trolling, not exclusively because of anything you posted but those are factors. And there actually is a Gundam Live action property happening again.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
This discussion has been closed.