Options

[Phalla] Big Trouble in The World Tree! Traveler/Evil Victory - Thanks for playing

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Welp. I'm surprised it took this long to be a target of something. Just figured it'd be the mafia before the village... :/

The mafia are killing people too slowly :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    Obi and Austin should be dead as well. Sorry if you guys are village. Those shots are based on re-evaluating assumptions and chasing potential information leaks. Bluecyan was the shield bearer when killed and Lost was a seer. Only 5 people knew lost was getting the seer: myself, Lost, Obi, Brody, and SOE. Brody has claimed King which I believe for now due to a queen coming forth. lost and myself have now died village, and SOE is certainly a special.
    Huh.
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Somebody out there shared who won the Dwarven Paladin vote, or a block of people made that happen. There is mafia among you, and that knowledge is way more valuable to us right now than the vote record!
    :whistle:

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Obi and Austin should be dead as well. Sorry if you guys are village. Those shots are based on re-evaluating assumptions and chasing potential information leaks. Bluecyan was the shield bearer when killed and Lost was a seer. Only 5 people knew lost was getting the seer: myself, Lost, Obi, Brody, and SOE. Brody has claimed King which I believe for now due to a queen coming forth. lost and myself have now died village, and SOE is certainly a special.
    Huh.
    Somebody out there shared who won the Dwarven Paladin vote, or a block of people made that happen. There is mafia among you, and that knowledge is way more valuable to us right now than the vote record!

Oddly that made me suspect you a bit more. Seems like exactly what you would say if you were mafia in that situation (where it was obvious there was a likely infiltration)

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    For the record here, I didn’t actually know about either of those power winners until after they died...

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Day Six: A man in a robe, claiming communion with the Divine? Madness…

Jdarksun knocked on the door of the church. “Please let me in. There is much to discuss and the hour is growing late. Someone you are meeting with is corrupted. If you continue this path you will get us all killed. “ His cries fell on deaf ears.

JPants peered out of the window of the church. A mob was forming there and it would not be accurate to describe them as ecstatic. Enthusiastic perhaps. He turned to peer at his diminutive counterpart.

“Ah, I worry that your people are becoming corrupted, they seem to feel as if we are failing them.”

“Nonsense.” Replied his friend.

“Still the faithful do seem to be falling in fairly large numbers.”

“That cannot be denied. Still I think you worry too much. Every flock has a surplus of sheep for this reason.”, said an exasperated SaberOverEasy.

“Yes but if we don’t stop the wolves we won’t have any sheep left!” A scream pulled JPants back to the window. He looked out the window as a particularly vicious dwarf bit off jdarksun’s finger. Other dwarves slammed his body with rocks and branches.

“We will discuss this with our friends when they arrive. Our champions will take out the trouble makers and then things will go back to normal. Care for a drink?” SaberOverEasy offered JPants a glass of water. JPants hesitated.

“Is that -”

“Fountain Water”

“From which fountain?”

“Does it matter? Water of Life my friend.”

“Ah. I drank before I came here actually.”

“Now now, you are offending me. That was an isolat-” SaberOverEasy was interrupted by the door being opened. Two hooded dwarves and two hooded elves sat down to join the two gurus. The door slammed shut.

JPants cleared his throat. These dwarves made him feel uncomfortable. “Now that we are gathered here, I have missions for you and it is imperative that you not miss. Locus I’ll need you to kill ObiFett. Chamberlain, I’ll need you to kill AustinP0027.”

SaberOverEasy nodded. “With jdarksun’s death we will be in a great spot tomorrow.”

Obifett pulled his hood down and absentmindedly extended and retracted black and blue pulsating tendrils from his hand.

Brody grinned and leaped into the air, spraying white hot fire from his mouth. The two gurus were quickly ignited and ran screaming in circles around the room. A quick swordslash slpit the air. AustinP0027 leaped into the air and crushed the flaming gurus to custard with his powerful lower limbs.

Chamberlain presented Locus with the Guru’s severed heads. Locus smiled and patted the Elven Queen with a chitinous forked arm. Although Locus’s mouths were not capable of speech, chamberlain hear it clearly. <You have done well my pet. All of you. Clean the rest of this filth from this pitiful plant you live in.>

Locus gestured outside.

The few remaining elves and dwarves escaped to the outskirts of the tree and closed the gates. The Elven fountain of life, protected through the herculean efforts of Auralynx allowed the elves to hold out as the world tree twisted and warped with evil. The Dwarves went insane and started to fight the few remaining elves forcing them into smaller and smaller safe areas. They needed a miracle.

The Dead:
    jdarksun - Dwarven Villager
    JPants - Elven Guru
    SaberOverEasy - Dwarven Guru

Everyone Voted! I am a Happy Host! @kime >_<

Game Over - The Traveler Victory!

The Victorious Living:

Locus - The Traveler
    ObiFett - A Blasphemous Abomination
    Brody - A Hideous Overly Muscled Dragon
    AustinP0027 - Zoradohna
    chamberlain - A Fascinated Elf Queen

Don’t have negative thoughts.
    Remember your mantra.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    For the record here, I didn’t actually know about either of those power winners until after they died...

you were one of very few people I had vote for Blue. And i just couldn't shake that you had skated day 1 and that I had given you a pass all game.

• Options
    Yup, that;s pretty much my worst nightmare right there

• Options
    Huh.
    Oddly that made me suspect you a bit more. Seems like exactly what you would say if you were mafia in that situation (where it was obvious there was a likely infiltration)
    I can see that, but it's just the result of what I've been trying to warn against all game. Folk are getting into these unconfirmed enclaves and treating them as sacred, then shooting at the folk outside. As a guy on the outside, it certainly seems like why we're losing. I'll guess we'll find out soon.

• Options
    Good game mafia

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Congrats Obi, you played the village like a fiddle. Well, good to know my gut can be relied on but, alas, my suspicions fell on deaf ears.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    To be fair he was village when he was on discrider

• Options
    Easily my worst performance to date. Ugh.

• Options

you were one of very few people I had vote for Blue. And i just couldn't shake that you had skated day 1 and that I had given you a pass all game.

You had me vote for myself, btw.

Game is over so, seriously I had no idea blue had the shield

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    You know, I don't feel that bad from the results alone vis-a-vis deductions / not letting on about my role, but whoof. That's ugly.

I commend myself for recreating the status quo at the start of Faxanadu, even.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    I was village until Start of Day 5

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Locus - The Traveler
    AustinP0027 - Zoradohna
    6 mafia in a 26 player game? Or were there conversions?
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Jdark - who do you think is mafia?
    1) Bedlam is playing totally differently than they were in previous games.
    2 & 3) kime and Locus seem to be doing their best to just skate by, and kime didn't even vote.
    4 & 5) AustinP0027 and Wildcat are voting in pairs and that's damned odd.
    Not great, but 2 / 5 is still better than we voted all game.

• Options
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Locus - The Traveler
    AustinP0027 - Zoradohna

There were conversions. The mafia had a max size of 4 but corrupting the dwarf fountain gave them an extra member.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    One of the others would have to give a better timeline. I was end of day 4, and chamberlain was the day after me

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    How many day one mafia? Just three?

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Conversions you can pick?

Yup, not surprised that was how it ended up.

• Options
    Locus - The Traveler
    AustinP0027 - Zoradohna
    There were conversions. The mafia had a max size of 4 but corrupting the dwarf fountain gave them an extra member.
    So we ended the game with more mafia than we started with? Brutal.

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Once again, for emphasis: Don't Trust Soft Networks! Also, kudos to those players who were @ ing people to explain themselves and vote. Villagers (myself included) need to take a more active role in discussion and not be afraid to throw votes around. Be suspicious of people trying too hard to be opinion leaders, especially when they're not confirmed, like ObiFett and chamberlain today.

We have a tendency to defer to those to speak authoritatively, and the mafia exploited that very well this game, to their credit.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Eh conversions are hard to fight - I'll consider this a win for Gizzy

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    If we're doing "Ha ha my list was good..."
    Probably mafia if we assume they're trying to hide in plain sight by steering things
    Locus
    ObiFett
    Brody

jdarksun

Not totally sure how we ended up voting to the wrong one out of the four.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I didn't get converted till night 2. So days 1 and 2 was all true villager. Locus got converted night 1.

Was I right that there wasnt a mafia to start?

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    discrider was the first evil one, locus became the second

• Options
    I didn't get converted till night 2. So days 1 and 2 was all true villager. Locus got converted night 1.

God, I even mentioned to JPants or Saber that you'd stopped PMing me at all after a couple nights earlier. How did we end up voting for jdark?

• Options
    Locus was also the hammerdwarf

• Options
    Yeah, conversions are the worst. That should be the takeaway here.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Auralynx wrote: »

God, I even mentioned to JPants or Saber that you'd stopped PMing me at all after a couple nights earlier. How did we end up voting for jdark?

We were surprised as well. We thought SOE’s vote was a trap and if anyone jumped on it, they’d eat the vote. And then you guys kept piling on...

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    How did conversions work?
    How did Negative Thoughts work?

• Options
    Egos wrote: »
    discrider was the first evil one, locus became the second

So.... we voted out the only evil person one day 1? Or we started with locus and Discrider?

• Options

Obi was getting whacked. Thought it would be easier to vote jdark than Obi.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. Conversions are rough. Also I think your and SOEs powers could've been explained/understood better: they weren't to heal the parasites, they were to prevent someone from being converted. If ya'll had been using those daily, this would be a much different outcome.

• Options

Obi was getting whacked. Thought it would be easier to vote jdark than Obi.

Yeah, I can see it was just a bad call due to him being away most of the day, but geez. I'd be salty but, you know, I lived, so you guys are going down once someone boots up the cartridge.

• Options

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. Conversions are rough. Also I think your and SOEs powers could've been explained/understood better: they weren't to heal the parasites, they were to prevent someone from being converted. If ya'll had been using those daily, this would be a much different outcome.

I did use daily but without any indication (like infection) it was shooting blind.

So how did Lost get healed if the Meditate wasn't to heal that? I'm super confused still

• Options
    @Auralynx wtf was your role by the way?

• Options

We were. But there was literally no way we could know that.

And after a little while, we needed to use them on each other. I had JPants targeted every night.

Without a seer or any other way to see things, there’s really no way we can every figure out the converted. Plus, with the ability to potentially convert vigs, we’ll never catch up.

Maybe there’s something in the full rules here that I’m missing, but straight conversion, with the ability to steal vigs? I really feel like we needed a lot more power in the village to have much of a chance against that.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Egos wrote: »
    To be fair he was village when he was on discrider

Oh.
    Then I'm coming for him.

discrider on