As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Battle for Azeroth has landed!

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Sweet, ended up finishing my Conquest bar and got my 345 staff that upgraded into having a socket. Will be interesting to see how long it takes to do that next week when we don't have the extra First Win coming from the Brawl queue.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    wow i just realized that the cost of reforging armor just goes up and is not tied to any one piece of armor. Thats so dumb, especially when there are so many pieces of armor and so many specs
    Wait, the reforging mechanic is still in the game?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    wow i just realized that the cost of reforging armor just goes up and is not tied to any one piece of armor. Thats so dumb, especially when there are so many pieces of armor and so many specs

Just for the Azerite traits you've chosen. It's respeccing for Azerite armor.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Sweet, ended up finishing my Conquest bar and got my 345 staff that upgraded into having a socket. Will be interesting to see how long it takes to do that next week when we don't have the extra First Win coming from the Brawl queue.

the answer is Too Long

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I got my conquest bar filled up really fast just doing some 2s and 3s.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

Well, you're meant to maintain separate sets of azerite gear for offspecs, not respec them when you want to heal a dungeon or two. The cost was balanced around doing it every so often when you wanted to try out a new trait, or they got balanced somehow, not something to do daily or even weekly.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Got a 370 Azerite helm from the "complete a Stromgarde scenario" mission chest, nice. Given the only other way currently to get higher than 340 is apparently only through raiding and getting a whopping one per week from the M+ chest, I fully expect my chest Tuesday to be another 370 helm.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Just for the Azerite traits you've chosen. It's respeccing for Azerite armor.
    Oh okay, good. I was about to feel really stupid that I wasn't liking all the versatility showing up for me and there was a possibly solution. And there isn't!

... wait that's still D:

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I need to get the timer beat on a M+ for something tomorrow, so I have something in my chest. Pretty sure, the +2 shrine of storms I did won't count since we didn't beat the timer.

So unless the Commander changes each day, probably have gotten what I'm going to get from Stromgarde's scenario for now. I think I'm only missing the shoulder mog, but I wasn't going to use that mog set anyways. I ran a ton of them today and unless I was really unlucky, doesn't look like it's worth running more for a shot a ring or trinket. Also annoying that most of the pieces I got didn't come with haste.

• Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Unless they changed something you don't actually have to beat the timer in order to get stuff from your weekly m+ chest.

• Options
    Do the Horde not have a portal to Silithis in their portal-hub in BfA? O.o

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular

They do, if you're standing next to Baine at the Great Seal, directly across the hallway lower level is a door that leads to the portal room. It's in there.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

It only shows up after you hit 120.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    It's the first week of raiding and we already have raid/guild drama!

:bzz:

• Options
    I'm so close to exalted with more BfA reps on my main, and Champions is starting to surge up because I've been watching out for the boat missions for their rep and doing everything I can to double the pay out with the bonus. Turtle rep meanwhile... woof. It's fitting. I may actually hit exalted on the old Legion reps I'm trying to play catchup with before I hit exalated with the turtles. So the next two months I'm going to be hearing stories about Loh and turtles making it to the water.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    guild tried heroic uldir tonight, downed the first two bosses with relatively no difficulty but we hit a wall on Vectis. The encounter seems to be tuned for more people than our 14 man raid as we entered the 2nd phase with an average of 7 debuffs on the entire raid. It was brutal!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I'm 1000 Proudmoore reputation and 4000 Turtle reputation away from BFA Reps complete.

But most important it's also 100 Exalteds

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    guild tried heroic uldir tonight, downed the first two bosses with relatively no difficulty but we hit a wall on Vectis. The encounter seems to be tuned for more people than our 14 man raid as we entered the 2nd phase with an average of 7 debuffs on the entire raid. It was brutal!

There aren't that many sources of unavoidable stacks to get 7+ on 14 people, but the fight is definitely harder with smaller raid sizes. I would suggest going through and making sure your raiders know to pay attention to dodging the waves of blood that come out of the liquefied blood during the intermission phase, as each of those hits applies a stack.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

How difficult is it to fill up a Conquest bar? I haven't touched PVP this expansion. What fills up the Conquest bar?

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Shadowhope wrote: »

How difficult is it to fill up a Conquest bar? I haven't touched PVP this expansion. What fills up the Conquest bar?

Winning anything, or doing rated. You can mouse over the various sections of the PVP tab to see what gives what.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    With Prot Warriors being in a bad spot atm how does Arms/Fury compare? Warriors always have been in a bad spot in WOW because of a lack of self healing and being healer dependent. Other toons I do have are a Mage and a Rogue. I did play my Arcane Mage the most in Legion. Haven't dusted the Rogue off in quite a bit though.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Arms/Fury are in a pretty good spot, Rogues currently have all three specs in the top 10, with two in the top 5. Mages are crying.

But at the end of the day none of this matters unless you're hardcore. If you are willing to learn how to play your spec appropriately and know what stats/habits you need, you'll do fine for the most part.

That old mantra of sure you can do top dps, but only for 1.5 seconds before you die to an ignored mechanic. (Or uh... accidentally smashing that Warbreaker+Bladestorm combo before the tank has aggro)

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options

Pretty much any pvp stuff. If you hit 'H' it should open up the pvp menu. The rewards for the different activities are listed in that menu.

• Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Arthil wrote: »
    Arms/Fury are in a pretty good spot, Rogues currently have all three specs in the top 10, with two in the top 5. Mages are crying.

But at the end of the day none of this matters unless you're hardcore. If you are willing to learn how to play your spec appropriately and know what stats/habits you need, you'll do fine for the most part.

That old mantra of sure you can do top dps, but only for 1.5 seconds before you die to an ignored mechanic. (Or uh... accidentally smashing that Warbreaker+Bladestorm combo before the tank has aggro)

I'm not too worried about the raid scene. I'll usually do LFR, maybe pug the normal raid a few times, and then hang up the mantle. I made a personal promise to myself that once I start doing laps around whatever is the capital for the new expansion for entertainment is the time I unsub. :razz:

I'll probably dive in then come October. Looking forward to making my Warrior go from Gnome to Dark Iron. :D I'll have to experiment between Fury and Arms and see which one is more enjoyable. I really enjoyed Fury in Legion, but the whole, "Blademaster" concept that Arms has always draws me back to it as the Blademaster was a personal favorite hero from Warcraft 3. (Followed by Mountain King)

Looking forward to playing BFA in October! Just have to move cross country before it can happen...

Waffles or whatever on
  • Options
    Prot is still viable. No tank can survive without a healer right now.

• Options
    LD50 wrote: »

Pretty much any pvp stuff. If you hit 'H' it should open up the pvp menu. The rewards for the different activities are listed in that menu.

Right, but can I realistically still get the 345 weapon tonight?

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options

I was able to do it in 1 day via some 2s and 3s, but I had friends to do arenas with. I'm not sure how long it would take doing other stuff.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Depend on who you can find to pvp with.

They all give more the first win than all after. But the rated seem to be better for consecutive wins. 3v3 arenas go pretty quick and give 50 for the first then 35 for all wins after. So that is like 14 wins of just 3v3 arenas. Which can easily be done in a night. You just need a team willing to go the distance. Also... they need to be good.

The benefit though is by Monday good teams should all be ranked and fairly high now. So if you find a few good mates you should be able to tear through games because you are playing either outright bad players or players not used to PVPing yet.

I do know you can get the quest for brawls from Dalaran and if you win one of those, you get the 40 from the first win and the quest gave like 60. So that is a huge boost, but only if you win. BGs take a long time though so 3 losses in a row would REALLY hurt there.

On the plus side, by doing arenas I got a ton of marks of honor. Also by getting in some PVP you apparently get a chest with gear like M+. So I look forward to a solid M+ chest and that one to boost me up. I used my marks on some sweet ass transmog because my Warlock kept looking like ass and now I look a legit badass. I realize now I should have saved those marks though for seals since I can't afford them with money or resources.

Also, I had a lot of fun relearning arena pvp. My first group was pretty bad with a feral and shaman heals. They just did nothing to keep melee off me, and I got trained every match. I noticed even dying first and being shut down I matched the feral in damage. Last night when I capped, I had a mage and various healers (most was with a resto druid) and oh my gosh the difference. Mage could keep melee off me with frost slows and roots and the druid was immense backup for that too. I just got to run amok and my damage was downright absurd. frost and aff went together better than I thought. I even noticed by having two caster dps instead of one that the interrupts would get spread out which made a WORLD of difference. Getting 4-6 second shadow shutdowns twice every 15 seconds was not a good time. I... also got better at juking.

I would offer to pvp tonight with anyone who wanted to but I will be busy. But if you intend to keep up with the conq point gear and are alliance please let me know. I think I am going to arena every single week.

• Options
    Arenas were really fun to do, especially since I was doing them with friends. I wasn't even going in with a goal in mind (I only went because a friend wanted a partner). I got conquest capped by accident and gear drops like candy. The base ilevel for ranked arenas is 340 and it goes up as your ranking increases. It can also warforge/titanforge and roll extra stats and sockets.

I would say that the brawl is 100% worth doing, but I'd stay away from battlegrounds.

• Options
    Prot is still viable. No tank can survive without a healer right now.

Blood DK is close - I'm still averaging 65-70% of my damage taken in self healing, and never less than 50%. Most healers have a whole bunch of passive healing coming out, which can handle most of the gap.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I only had one actual piece of gear from a win and it was yet another bracer, of which I have had a superb 355 for some time but keep getting bracers from everywhere.

• Options

I was able to do it in 1 day via some 2s and 3s, but I had friends to do arenas with. I'm not sure how long it would take doing other stuff.

I'd just be doing random battlegrounds.

I guess I'll find out tonight.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Part of me is legitimately baffled at how bad some of these players are. There's a giant wurm casting this spell repeatedly. You have this debuff on you with the same name as that spell. It is stacking up rapidly. You are losing health rapidly. There is only one target. Why are you not interrupting? This is a core mechanic in the game! I'm not asking you to read guides or watch videos or whatever. Just INTERRUPT THE THING IN FRONT OF YOU.

Isn't the default debuff bar the little icons with no names? Most players expect the healer to be healing them while they do damage, which is what they did for the last 120 levels and it worked fine. There's a lot of buttons to press and a lot of fire not to stand in. Interrupting doesn't even do any damage!

Blizz could do a better job of training players to do that stuff I think.

Problem is for some like demo warlocks nothing I can cast interrupts most things in dungeons. All my interrupts are stuns or fears which mostly don't work on anything you would care for them to work on. It is irritating as hell watching all this stuff not get interrupted and nothing I can do helps. They really need to make the felguard stun an interrupt if the target is immune to stuns.

• Options
    AFAIK, all the warlock pets have their dps normalized. Even so, the felhunter pet can interrupt AND purge, which is super good in dungeons. The imp can dispel allies and the succubus can CC humanoids. Ideally, she should be able to soothe as well since thats a thing now

Which is fine for all warlocks other than oddly enough demonology warlocks. We have multiple good talents that require the use of the felguard to function. The felguard stun should work as an interrupt on things immune to stun.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Part of me is legitimately baffled at how bad some of these players are. There's a giant wurm casting this spell repeatedly. You have this debuff on you with the same name as that spell. It is stacking up rapidly. You are losing health rapidly. There is only one target. Why are you not interrupting? This is a core mechanic in the game! I'm not asking you to read guides or watch videos or whatever. Just INTERRUPT THE THING IN FRONT OF YOU.

Isn't the default debuff bar the little icons with no names? Most players expect the healer to be healing them while they do damage, which is what they did for the last 120 levels and it worked fine. There's a lot of buttons to press and a lot of fire not to stand in. Interrupting doesn't even do any damage!

Blizz could do a better job of training players to do that stuff I think.

Problem is for some like demo warlocks nothing I can cast interrupts most things in dungeons. All my interrupts are stuns or fears which mostly don't work on anything you would care for them to work on. It is irritating as hell watching all this stuff not get interrupted and nothing I can do helps. They really need to make the felguard stun an interrupt if the target is immune to stuns.

You can always summon another demon. It's a DPS loss, especially if you're talented into any of the Felguard talents, but that seems to be how Blizzard intends the spec to be played in these kinds of situations (as per a blue post I saw at some point).

• Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Fel Hunter interrupt should have been baseline for Warlocks for ages now. Fel Hunter's special thing should just be the offensive dispel.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options

It actually does not seem that bad. Basically get your daily win for each of the queable types of PVP stuff gets you pretty big hit of conquest. Then if you have the desire do stuff like rated battle grounds/arenas and what not to up your ratings and improve the rewards.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Two weeks in, and we are officially past that mark where the early adopters have moved on from PuG dungeons to M+ and premades and heroics and M0s have normalized to their shitshow level of quality. Healed a bunch on a fresh alt this weekend and it was utterly disheartening. The more active dungeon design does not scale well with people who don't give a shit about interrupting, purging, and moving. Fortunately, early healing is pretty powerful right now compared to some other expacs, so you can cover a lot of mistakes, but it is not a lot of fun for the effort. I don't see a lot of joy in low level M+ pugs, which is a bummer, because I really dug that in Legion and met some pretty cool players that way.

Of course, it's all moot if everyone just sits in the Warfront instead. =P

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I despise PvP in MMOs. But I'll give blizzard this. As someone obsessed with pretty princess dress up, PvP gear seems to consistently be some of the coolest looking gear you can get. It makes me wonder if I should give it a shot.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    PvP in WoW would be better if it used fixed keyboard and mouse bindings. People have gone through extensive amounts of trouble to change their keybindings to be able to jump and run around on others (thus creating direction and LoS problems for their prey) while also being able to use their abilities pretty damn easily. So if you play with a pretty standard k&m layout, it's clunkier and you're automatically at a huge disadvantage.

Henroid on
This discussion has been closed.