As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mega[chat]a

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    kamakamakamakamala khaaaaan

you come and go

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    ehhh I would agree with this re: the internet fracturing our ability to pay attention to a single stream of information

I have certainly found it's the case with myself
    I think that's certainly true, what's funny is that she apparently thinks there was ever a time in history that people did the readings for a required English class.

Coinage on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Class is way easier to pay attention to if it's interesting which y'know

Gen Ed English probably is not

Fuck freshman English classes with That Guy

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

My university had a required Writing 1 course.

The incoming freshmen were so bad at writing and so poor at following instructions that the professor had a minor breakdown in front of the entire class.

(I can't say I blame him. My classmates were pretty awful.)

This was in the late 90s. Couldn't really blame cell phones or the Internet then. Maybe the problem was cable TV and CD players.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    jacobkosh wtf why does ms marvel have bendy powers and a weird pug in this game?

I'm guessing the dog is Lockjaw

The current Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) has bendy powers in the comics

well I appreciate brown superheroes with weird dogs so I'm going to allow it

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Hey chat! Colorado was dope. Went for a monster hike the morning I left. Few years ago the altitude would have killed me. Kicked my butt a little bit yesterday but in a good way!

Few days home, then on to NY.

Hope you're all well.

@Organichu

Less-considered benefit of returning to the coast

Your lungs will perform on par with those of an elite athlete! :surprised:

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i remembered my anti-harassment training today and how a guy in our group kept interjecting, thought that being told "good morning" was harassment and that his boss was harassing him by telling him to come in on time.

Why do i work in hell?

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    ehhh I would agree with this re: the internet fracturing our ability to pay attention to a single stream of information

I think that's certainly true, what's funny is that she apparently thinks there was ever a time in history that people did the readings for a required English class.

ah, yes, well. history too.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    i remembered my anti-harassment training today and how a guy in our group kept interjecting, thought that being told "good morning" was harassment and that his boss was harassing him by telling him to come in on time.

Why do i work in hell?

Is he wrong tho

Is he really wrong

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    The very concept of time is harrassment, if you think about it

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

The incoming freshmen were so bad at writing and so poor at following instructions that the professor had a minor breakdown in front of the entire class.

This was in the late 90s. Couldn't really blame cell phones or the Internet then. Maybe the problem was cable TV and CD players.

Kids and their damn Napster and ICQ.

• Options
    linear time remains the real dark souls

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

They spent too much time jerking it, and as you know masturbation wasn't invented until 1991 with the release of Touch Myself by Divinyls

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    The Kamala Khan khamics comics are dope as fuuuuuuck you should read them Eddy.

Also the new Hawkeye comic.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

They spent too much time jerking it, and as you know masturbation wasn't invented until 1991 with the release of Touch Myself by Divinyls

No, that couldn't have been the reason, considering how good of a student I was versus how much I masturbated in college

• Options
    so much

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    after a long day of first 10 hours work and then Magic from 5 pm to about 23 pm I was too wired to go to bed and so I'm closing in on having been up for 24 hours after about 3 hours sleep

what even is this body

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    A
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    Ex who ghosted me since April has invited me to get a drink and catch up. Apparently she is married now.

This is gonna be fun.

Update: it was a mistake and she still 10000% wants to fuck

Who could have foreseen this chain of events

Gonna be honest. I just thought she wanted to catch up!

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    Ex who ghosted me since April has invited me to get a drink and catch up. Apparently she is married now.

This is gonna be fun.

But she's married now though.
    Just eat it at room temp, god

*squints*

• Options
    A

This is gonna be fun.

You've been with your partner since you were like 12 what do you know about exes

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    linear time remains the real dark souls

for your consideration, another thing that is also dark souls: left unity

• Options
    Milski you did not specify that they were monog but im assuming so given the context clues

• Options
    A

This is gonna be fun.

You've been with your partner since you were like 12 what do you know about exes

All my exes are in texas

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Oh my God this is hilarious
    Katherine Hayles, an English professor at U.C.L.A., has written about the change she sees in students as one from “deep attention,” a state of single-minded absorption that can last for hours, to one of “hyper attention,” which jumps from target to target, preferring to skim the surface of lots of different things than to probe the depths of just one.

At Columbia University, where every student is required to pass a core curriculum with an average of 200 to 300 pages of reading each week, professors have been discussing how to deal with the conspicuous change in students’ ability to get through their assignments. The curriculum has more or less stayed in place, but “we’re constantly thinking about how we’re teaching when attention spans have changed since 50 years ago,” said Lisa Hollibaugh, a dean of academic planning at Columbia.
    People aren't doing the reading for your required English class? I need to lie down to handle this disturbing news

I just watched that Giant Bomb look at the new WoW expansion and in it there's a guy who spends most of his time complaining about WoW.

One of his points he brings up is along the lines of "Yeah but you and the other guy I know that play WoW always have something on TV or your second monitor so clearly it's not that fun" and I had to chuckle.

Because it's like man do you know when the last time I didn't have something on my tv or my second monitor was? About 20 fuckin' years ago when I didn't have a second monitor or a tv near my PC.

• Options
    A

This is gonna be fun.

All my exes are in texas

And they want to bang milski

Keep up, shark! :P

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Why do i work in hell?

Is he wrong tho

Is he really wrong

If you think being told to do your job is harassment, maybe working isn't for you.

• Options

Why do i work in hell?

Is he wrong tho

Is he really wrong

If you think being told to do your job is harassment, maybe working isn't for you.

That's the decision I made

• Options
    I don't have any ex's in Texas. because I've mostly been too emotionally fucked up to try.

I'm sort of thinking that's probably going to be changing soon.

• Options
    redx wrote: »
    I don't have any ex's in Texas. because I've mostly been too emotionally fucked up to try.

I'm awesoming this because it sounds like there are positive improvements buried somewhere under this post >_>

• Options
    edited August 2018
    redx wrote: »

I'm awesoming this because it sounds like there are positive improvements buried somewhere under this post >_>

ehh, I'm probably going to stop shtupping my fuck buddy hopefully managing to keep her as a snuggle partner, and start dating people who want to be in a relationship.

redx on
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I poked my head into my room tentatively and the wasps seem to have just.. died? okay.

Now I am in a clean, mold-free zone I am.. so happy

gonna buy the last couple tickets for my europe trip and then stream commissions I'm working on if anybody wants to watch later ^^

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    I poked my head into my room tentatively and the wasps seem to have just.. died? okay.

gonna buy the last couple tickets for my europe trip and then stream commissions I'm working on if anybody wants to watch later ^^

what happened with the wasps?

• Options
    I learned my miserly ways re: using A/C in the summer or heat in the winter from my mother

Both for financial and environmental reasons, we're both reticent to turn either on until absolutely necessary, and will happily endure mild discomfort without complaint

But I was talking to my mom earlier about coming out and housesitting for her this weekend, and she says "To sweeten the deal, I'll even let you turn the A/C on!"

"Scandalous!", I replied

Gonna crank that shit down into the floor, [chat]

Between the A/C and running her laundry machines 24 hours a day, I'm going to be responsible for the bulk of her electricity bill for this month :P

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

Dead? Or tricking you into lowering your guard?

• Options

I was on it, that's all you need to know

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Killed by toxic mold

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

No, that couldn't have been the reason, considering how good of a student I was versus how much I masturbated in college

Can confirm.

• Options
    Fuuuh... I got into my hotel room last night at 12:30am and it freaking reaked of mold. After an awful that was delayed 3 and a half hours, to go to my job's hq in nowhere PA, where it was going to be most if a week without any friends, after some kinda difficult emotional stuff (which I am hoping will actually have a positive resolution soonish).

that's wierdly the closest I've been to crying in a while(years). sort of my dad's house here and my workplace, pre-remodle, were both kinda constantly were moldy. Also, the shitty apartment in Austin I had for a while, when i was sort of miserable there. Bring back just bad emotions.

Got moved into my new room over lunch, and am hating life a whole bunch less

• Options
    Just received an email from my mom

"Okay I know I said you could fend for yourself this weekend for food at my place, but I had some extra time so I ran out and bought a few goodies."

... She spent more on 3 days worth of food than I spend in a week

*shrugs helplessly*

Mom pls

This discussion has been closed.