As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Natural Disasters] Talk About Your Heavy Weather Here

1333435363739»

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Can this hurricane just wreck one of Trump's golf courses so we can dump like a trillion bucks into FEMA and just specify that the money can't be used on property owned by POTUS or its family or transferred to other departments.

At the moment, it might.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    The official US Government message on the storm:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvJo8W-ipHg
    Transcript (courtesy Daniel Dale of CNN)

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    i hate that when i read that it's in his voice.

I hate it.

I hate just about everything about that statement

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    That reads like it was written by a 3rd grader.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    The oxford dictionary defines hurricane as...

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    In conclusion, Hurricane Dorian is a land of contrasts. Thank you.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    The oxford dictionary defines hurricane as...

[Night Shift]What are we talking about here. What's the essence. Spell it out for you if I have to. Hurricane. You know a lot of time it'll help you to understand a word if you break it down. So lets do that now, shall we? First part? "Hurr". ...doesn't mean anything, forget about that. "I" I think we all know what that means. "Can" as in I can because I have all the best people I can be sure that we're just the best when it comes to being ready. "E" ...doesn't even really belong in this word anyway so lets get rid of that. You know um, like to take a moment here uh, and I mean this, what I'm about to say. I feel a lot of love in this room. I dunno maybe it's me but it was here a minute ago and uh, it was really beautiful. So at this moment I think it's important that I see all of your breasts. [/Night Shift]

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    In conclusion, we like hurricane Dorian very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very much.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Can this hurricane just wreck one of Trump's golf courses so we can dump like a trillion bucks into FEMA and just specify that the money can't be used on property owned by POTUS or its family or transferred to other departments.

You know he wouldn't direct excessive money to FEMA if that happened.

If it was Maralago, there'd be an Executive Order directing funds from FEMA to be spent on "Preparation For Presidential Readiness" or some such shit, that worked to repair his resort, the airport, and a direct line between the two.

And Republicans would remain silent on the issue, and a few shameless spokespeople would say it was necessary, and look, it still provides money, for people who are paid to clean up his property.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »

You know he wouldn't direct excessive money to FEMA if that happened.

If it was Maralago, there'd be an Executive Order directing funds from FEMA to be spent on "Preparation For Presidential Readiness" or some such shit, that worked to repair his resort, the airport, and a direct line between the two.

And Republicans would remain silent on the issue, and a few shameless spokespeople would say it was necessary, and look, it still provides money, for people who are paid to clean up his property.

This would 100% flip FL blue.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    The official US Government message on the storm:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvJo8W-ipHg
    Transcript (courtesy Daniel Dale of CNN)
    The first thing I thought after reading his speech was that video clip of Dubya telling Mike Brown he did "a heck of a job" with New Orleans.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    God, the man really is completely incapable of putting two coherent sentences together.

I miss when Sarah Palin was the least comprehensible person in our politics.

But he is, at least, learning (or someone is). I don't think he said a word about Harvey before it hit (retweets don't count) and he did use landfall as cover to pardon Arpaio.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    That statement is disgusting.

He tweeted about the Hurricane literally blaming Puerto Rico for being in its way and took the opportunity to attack the mayor of San Juan again.

NOW that the Hurricane is going to miss Puerto Rico and oh my god is on its way to the state with his resort then oh my, we'd better make a video of me standing in the Rose Garden talking all "serious" about serious hurricane business.

Aaron Ruper of Vox has put it best I believe.

when the hurricane is headed toward brown people vs. when it’s headed toward white people

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Ear3nd1l wrote: »
    Bullhead wrote: »
    Ear3nd1l wrote: »
    69133032_10157270342567367_5314033658040942592_n.png?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQlMcM3h0rLftP30dbsEReWiDP2o7Ghz31eeJjwj8bycUHxXYIRxF3APmA_CkYI1yXw&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=65e0abc35a2775a2d3bb1c4691cd05b2&oe=5DC854B7

As a panhandle resident, I can't help but feel a little hurt that South/Central would just leave us with Alabama and skip town.

I mean it's commonly referred to as Lower Alabama, so.... :P

I'll also accept "Floribama".

The Flora-Bama is actually beach bar on the border, so I would be even more disconcerted if they left us to weather the storm there!

(Though perhaps drunk enough to get over it)

Looks like they've got it taking a sharp turn after landfall to track up the middle of Florida now; and taking a few more days to get there.

I am not thrilled about either of those things.

Edit: Unless whatever is pushing it suddenly north could cause it to miss entirely if it slows down a little more. That would be pretty ideal.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Let’s make a fresh thread for this

Geth, please close this thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.