As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Plug 'n Play Paradise: The Most 'Mini' Thing About Genesis Mini 2 Is How Many They'll Make

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Turbografx-16 Mini release date, complete games list, etc. Includes several Japanese versions of games.
    American games:
    • Air Zonk
    • Alien Crush
    • Blazing Lazers
    • Bomberman ‘93
    • Bonk’s Revenge
    • Cadash
    • Chew-Man-Fu
    • Dungeon Explorer
    • J.J. & Jeff
    • Lords Of Thunder
    • Military Madness (Nectaris)
    • Moto Roader
    • Neutopia
    • Neutopia II
    • New Adventure Island
    • Ninja Spirit
    • Parasol Stars
    • Power Golf
    • Psychosis
    • R-Type
    • Soldier Blade
    • Space Harrier
    • Victory Run
    • Ys Book I&II

Japanese PC Engine games:
    • Akumajō Dracula X Chi No Rondo (Castlevania: Rondo Of Blood)
    • Aldynes (SuperGrafx game)
    • Appare! Gateball
    • Bomberman ‘94
    • Bomberman Panic Bomber
    • Chō Aniki
    • Daimakaimura (Ghouls ‘N’ Ghosts - SuperGrafx game)
    • Dungeon Explorer
    • Fantasy Zone
    • Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire
    • Gradius (Nemesis)
    • Gradius II – Gofer No Yabō (Nemesis II)
    • Jaseiken Necromancer
    • Nectaris (Military Madness)
    • Neutopia
    • Neutopia II
    • Ninja Ryūkenden (Ninja Gaiden)
    • PC-Genjin (Bonk)
    • Salamander
    • Snatcher
    • Star Parodier (Fantasy Star Soldier)
    • Super Darius
    • Super Momotarō Dentetsu II
    • Super Star Soldier
    • The Kung Fu (China Warrior)
    • Ys I&II

It's a good list of games, but has some glaring omissions. For example, why would you include Alien Crush, but not Devil's Crush? Devil's Crush is the superior evil pinball game!

Hopefully this is something that can be, uh, fixed. We'll see what the modding community can do.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Oh God I'm gonna need both of those.

And if not I'm gonna need to stuff a lot of the Japanese games into the Euro console.

I started with a PC Engine GT, the Japanese handheld version, and although I only had a very small handful of games for it, they were all awesome. And between these two line-ups all but one (the arcade-perfect conversion of Vigilante, shut up, I enjoyed it) is on there. The others are Fantasy Zone, Moto Roader, Super Star Soldier and Dungeon Explorer. (SSS in particular is one of the finest shmups I've ever played, it's glorious.)

When I worked at the indie game store I was at back in the mid-'00s, one of my colleagues was a huge retro gamer, and something of an importer and collector. Absolutely lovely guy (who I've sadly lost touch with now), and he'd bring his machines in for us to play on after hours or on slow days, and of course PCE/TG games were part of that, so it's thanks to him I got to play a bunch of those others on original hardware, including Rondo and the completely bonkers Cho Aniki.

Later I managed to snag a Turbo Duo with a bunch more games, and it's to my lasting regret that I no longer have it (not by choice, mind). I loved that thing, one of my all-time favourite consoles. So I got to catch up on even more games with that, including both Gradius II and Ys I&II on CD.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Jazz wrote: »

Both? All versions include all of these games! :)

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Lords of Thunder fuck yeah!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Also, no Splatterhouse, another strange omission.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    SteevL wrote: »

Both? All versions include all of these games! :)

...I missed that. :eek: :biggrin:

Best classic mini ever. Sorry, SNES, you got beat.*

* - well, it's damn close.

Edit: seriously, one of those line-ups of games would be strong. Both is an embarrassment of riches.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I'm sold. Although I find it funny that Bonk's Adventure is missing but Bonk's Revenge got in.

That would be like leaving off SMB1 and adding in SMB3. Weird.

Either way that is a pretty great list, even with the duplicates.

Boy are people in for a strange ride with Cho Aniki

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Oh yeah. Cho Aniki is nuts.

• Options
    Bonk's Revenge is definitely superior to Bonk's Adventure, but it appears both games are actually included! It's just that Bonk's Adventure is Japanese-language only in the form of PC-Genjin.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I'm sold. Although I find it funny that Bonk's Adventure is missing but Bonk's Revenge got in.

Yeah I thought that same thing. Except they put in the Japanese version of Bonk one? Also no Keith Courage? That thing was a box in for the US version. Guessing license issue for it. Same as Devil's Crush and Splatterhouse.

But I'm seriously bummed that there is no Final Lap Twin. Plus a duplicate of Military Madness? I know that game is awesome and I'm glad to see it in there, but two copies?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

Yeah I thought that same thing. Except they put in the Japanese version of Bonk one? Also no Keith Courage? That thing was a box in for the US version. Guessing license issue for it. Same as Devil's Crush and Splatterhouse.

But I'm seriously bummed that there is no Final Lap Twin. Plus a duplicate of Military Madness? I know that game is awesome and I'm glad to see it in there, but two copies?

I could see licensing being an issue for Splatterhouse (That was a Namco joint) but there's no logical reason we should be getting Alien's Crush and no Devil's Crush.

Also, I think the main reason there's no Keith Courage is that everyone hated it.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Oh poo. The release date is March 2020. That's... a very long way off.

• Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »

I could see licensing being an issue for Splatterhouse (That was a Namco joint) but there's no logical reason we should be getting Alien's Crush and no Devil's Crush.

Also, I think the main reason there's no Keith Courage is that everyone hated it.

Ah, I never played much of the Crush games so didn't know that there would not be any reason to have both (or Devil's). Sucks that if Devil's is the better one that it is left off.

I... I liked Keith Courage. Mainly because it was the one of the two games we had for it we got it. The other game was Legendary Axe. My brother and I played the heck out of both till we got more games later on.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I tell you what, I'm kind of loving this mini console craze.

Now give me a mini N64 and Dreamcast! Ooh, or a mini Saturn!

My office has a tv with a mini NES, SNES, and PS1 now. Soon it'll have a mini Genesis and TG-16. I'm kind of loving this. :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular

That would be like leaving off SMB1 and adding in SMB3.
    Frankly I wouldn't mind SMB1 being left out of a collection in place of another decent or better NES game. SMB3 is really all the classic Mario you need for NES.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    I tell you what, I'm kind of loving this mini console craze.

Now give me a mini N64 and Dreamcast! Ooh, or a mini Saturn!

My office has a tv with a mini NES, SNES, and PS1 now. Soon it'll have a mini Genesis and TG-16. I'm kind of loving this. :P

I'd totally be down for mini N64, DC and Saturn.

And the mini original Xbox I mooted a lineup for some time ago :wink:

We need a photo of that setup in your office too :)

Jazz on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Ah, I never played much of the Crush games so didn't know that there would not be any reason to have both (or Devil's). Sucks that if Devil's is the better one that it is left off.

I... I liked Keith Courage. Mainly because it was the one of the two games we had for it we got it. The other game was Legendary Axe. My brother and I played the heck out of both till we got more games later on.

Alien Crush was pretty neat for its time, but Devil's Crush is a big improvement.

Alien Crush:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmqte-TrB6w

Devil's Crush:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7iC8z6q8s

Devil's Crush has actual scrolling and a great soundtrack. Probably one of the best soundtracks for the system.

SteevL on
  • Options

:winky:

• Options
    Here's the TG-16 Mini lineup trailer. Pretty neato:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWbNzvb_mv8

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Glad someone caught that :winky: :lol:

Jazz on
  • Options

If anyone here doesn't know about this absolutely bizarre series....read this.

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/sexual-games/10.php

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Ok, I have never heard of this game before and now am dying of laughter over here. That write-up was hilarious!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

If anyone here doesn't know about this absolutely bizarre series....read this.

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/sexual-games/10.php

Don't spoil it! Just extoll the beauty of the game and revel in the surprise.

• Options
    Here's the TG-16 Mini lineup trailer. Pretty neato:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWbNzvb_mv8

Also the PCE Core Grafx Mini (European) trailer (identical to the TG16 trailer except for the console's appearance):
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o7cZVjP7CVg

And of course the PC Engine Mini (Japanese) trailer, wherein the lineup of Japanese games get some love:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-ng6Aki9wfI

• Options
    It's Prime Day at Amazon, and with that, pre-orders for the PCE/TG16 Mini are open. Got mine in. Now to try to forget about it until March next year...

• Options
    It's Prime Day at Amazon, and with that, pre-orders for the PCE/TG16 Mini are open. Got mine in. Now to try to forget about it until March next year...

The US version, as of right now, either sold out quickly or hasn't been made available yet.

• Options
    I guess Hori is manufacturing the official accessories?

TG-16 controller: $24.99
    TG-16 multitap: $29.99
    TG-16 AC adapter: $19.99 (yeeeaaaahh, just use any ol' adapter lying around the house instead).

• Options
    edited July 2019

The US version, as of right now, either sold out quickly or hasn't been made available yet.

That's odd. Hopefully it's the latter and they sort it out soon.

The UK one is here, although the price tag is higher than I'd like at £100. Since the US one is supposed to be $100 I'd hoped for £80 or £90, but then again with Brexit still looming... anyway, it's an option if something's happened with the US one.

Or there's the Japanese one, of course, which is closer to the $100 mark before shipping.

Edit: Wow, that link didn't work. It's easy to find on Amazon.co.jp , though.

Jazz on
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular

TG-16 AC adapter: $19.99 (yeeeaaaahh, just use any ol' adapter lying around the house instead).

Wtf is up with the price of that ac adapter ?

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »

Wtf is up with the price of that ac adapter ?

It must supply some Real Ultimate Power at that price.

• Options
    It must be something to do with Feka.

• Options

I ordered an extra controller and the multitap in case they're in short supply later. System needs to hurry up and be available though.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    The system (in all three variants) appears to have two USB ports where the original single controller port was. I wonder if we won't need the multitap for two-player games (obviously we will for 3 to 5 players, where the likes of Bomberman and Moto Roader will come into their own).

Jazz on
  • Options
    The system (in all three variants) appears to have two USB ports where the original single controller port was. I wonder if we won't need the multitap for two-player games (obviously we will for 3 to 5 players, where the likes of Bomberman and Moto Roader will come into their own).

Luckily Amazon has a generous return policy if that's the case.

• Options
    Gonna be fun times in March/April next year. Watch Dogs Legion, the PC Engine Mini, and Cyberpunk 2077 in the space of less than a month and a half.

• Options
    @SteevL it's active now. Just got mine in.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I went with the MK cab, as the nostalgia factor was much stronger for me with it, and I'd never regret buying it if a MvC Arcade1Up cab came out down the road like I would if I'd bought the Marvel cab about to release. I assembled it this weekend and after moving my furniture around was able to slot it into my living room with inches to spare. Maybe I'll take a picture to share, maybe I won't. You're not my supervisor!

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    +1 tg-16 preorder, thanks for the heads-up!

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Yay got mine too!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      Nice! Thanks @SteevL and @Shadowfire for the posts. Got my pre-order in as well (used Amazon Smile to give Child's Play some money as well).

oosik_betsuni.png