As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragalia Lost] Alliance vs Dragon Trials

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    ok so if you have euden's 10% rank xp ability unlocked, it works as long as he's on your team even if he's unused in coop

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Ive been using coop to make it through chapter 6 because my team just stand around and die.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I keep seeing Ezelith as a fusion between Cagliostro and Clarisse from Granblue.

• Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    She reminds me more of Clarisse and Rin Tohsaka for some reason.
    EDIT: Yes I know now...

Adellios on
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Whew, finished ch6.

Gotta get bigger weapons and stuff. Also mana...

Running coop to get weapon statues as well.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I don't see this raid thing anywhere

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    A reasonably important note I just discovered: You only spend wings on coop if you are a guest. Host gets free.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Yeah nobody is sure what is up exactly

The thinking is maybe it got delayed along with the banner

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »

Yeah nobody is sure what is up exactly

The thinking is maybe it got delayed along with the banner

I thought the banner was Thursday, raid today?

Maybe delayed because of the typhoon hitting Japan right now?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    A reasonably important note I just discovered: You only spend wings on coop if you are a guest. Host gets free.

Host pays stamina

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    One thing I'd like to figure out sooner than later is what the power differential for being a strong element type (e.g. water vs. fire) vs. a neutral element type. I definitely find myself wondering whether I should bring a level 40 dark guy or a level 15 water guy vs. fire.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Used my 10fold voucher hoping for some decent 4stars since all I have is Berserker and Orion. Got another Orion and Prints for days. Used the 5star ticket from the starter pack Id bought hoping for Xander, Xainfried or Hildegard. Nefaria...at least it wasnt Hawk or Maribelle...I guess? Ugh

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    So far the only good thing I've pulled is a Poseidon dragon, and he's pretty awesome. Most of my units are trash though, unfortunately.

• Options
    Defensive stuff is being wildly underrated right now

That is your tip of the day

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    what even is defensive stuff? heals and defense buffs?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    Having a defensive buff on my controlled character has been pretty good, as I have like 15 million skills across characters and prints that proc of receiving a defensive buff.

• Options
    Here’s what the raid is gonna look like, probably
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DragaliaLost/comments/9kdwe4/phraeganoth_raid_boss_shown_on_app_store_stories/

Here’s a direct link that you can only view with an iDevice
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/story/id1434051293

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    what even is defensive stuff? heals and defense buffs?

Defense buffs, Heals, Dragons that increase HP

Everyone went in going "You can sodge attacks so focus on damage"

But then you can really only dodge the telegraphed attacks, you're gonna take a lot of smaller hits throughout fights that you can't reasonably avoid

Also we've already seen one fight that begins with a massive explosion that just kills everyone

• Options
    so the raid boss is akantor, got it

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Also we've already seen one fight that begins with a massive explosion that just kills everyone

What fight was that

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Xaviar wrote: »
    Having a defensive buff on my controlled character has been pretty good, as I have like 15 million skills across characters and prints that proc of receiving a defensive buff.

skills that proc off receiving a defensive buff? I don't think I've seen any of those

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Xaviar wrote: »

skills that proc off receiving a defensive buff? I don't think I've seen any of those

X Doublebuff, I've seen strength and healing. There's a 4* who has a party defense buff and healing doublebuff so he gets HP regen whenever he uses his skill. Makes him really tanky.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Did another multi. Prints for days.

I really hope they think about adjusting the rates or this game will die quickly to frustrated players with 200 prints and 8 people to equip them on.

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    So far the only good thing I've pulled is a Poseidon dragon, and he's pretty awesome. Most of my units are trash though, unfortunately.

There are a lot of great 4* units. Even some of the 3*s are cool.

Hell, the main story units are even pretty good!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »

What fight was that

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Did my 10 pull last night...got 3 5* Wyrmprints, and 3* everything else. Fun!!!

Seeing your squad fill out and get stronger is really fun.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    I changed my helper from Julietta to Hildegard. I've been grabbing healers to help whenever possible while solo questing and it helps a ton, so I thought I would help out all the PA friends. I'll be making sure to add everyone in the friend code spreadsheet.

Come and get your 3 free heals!

• Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »

What fight was that

So that’s what that defense against that one guy in particular wyrmprint is for huh

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    How much story is currently available? I pushed through chapter 5 so that I could have one 4 star dragon of each element, but the end of chapter 5 was getting a bit dicey. Is there anything else yet after chapter 6?

Edit: And by dicey I mean I barely survived. I may be able to do some upgrades and push through chapter 6, but it could be rough going.

Cururu on
  • Options
    Please excited for update

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    As near as I can tell, finishing chapter 6 just enables new challenge events and hard mode for the campaign. I haven't tried a hard mode story yet, but even on normal mode, chapter 6 is tough and has one extra dungeon I haven't been able to finish solo.

Tulabelle on
  • Options
    The first hard mode chapter 1 mission seemed easier than the chapter 6 missions for what that's worth

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The first hard mode chapter 1 mission seemed easier than the chapter 6 missions for what that's worth

Hard mode unlocking after chapter 5 is extremely deliberate

• Options

Hard mode unlocking after chapter 5 is extremely deliberate

Also of note - hard mode gives 1.5k eldwater for each chapter cleared. Just as incentive, that's enough to bump some people up to 4*...

• Options
    Also, sell your 3* wyrmprints

Dunno if it's been mentioned here already, but they're worth 150 eldwater a pop

3* dragons too

• Options
    Also, sell your 3* wyrmprints

Dunno if it's been mentioned here already, but they're worth 150 eldwater a pop

3* dragons too

Uh... eventually, maybe. I'd watch what skills are on them, because the stats of wurmpeints are tiny but the passives are useful.

Dragon 3*s... also maybe not, you really want element matching so...

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Up to a point

If you unbind and level up the freebie 4* greatwyrms though, the raw stats will generally outdo element matched 3*s

And if you're not planning on using that character to shapeshift anyway, you don't really lose anything in the deal

Keep at least one of each 3* dragon for gifting/stories though

EDIT: As for wyrmprints, I got a decent number of 4* wyrmprints so I don't see myself ever using the 3*s, and it's mostly just a PSA so that people don't use the 3* wyrmprints to feed them into other wyrmprints for XP

Maddoc on
  • Options
    I can't resist the urge to have one of everything, even if I don't think I'll use it. I admit it isn't optimal, or maybe even smart, but I try to keep and unbind one of everything I have gotten so far.

I know that I shouldn't be playing this as a collectible game, but I can't help myself!

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Up to a point

If you unbind and level up the freebie 4* greatwyrms though, the raw stats will generally outdo element matched 3*s

And if you're not planning on using that character to shapeshift anyway, you don't really lose anything in the deal

EDIT: As for wyrmprints, I got a decent number of 4* wyrmprints so I don't see myself ever using the 3*s, and it's mostly just a PSA so that people don't use the 3* wyrmprints to feed them into other wyrmprints for XP

Huh are the 2 star wyrmprints that drop in missions worth any eldwater? Those are the only ones I've had spares of to turn into exp so far.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Up to a point

Huh are the 2 star wyrmprints that drop in missions worth any eldwater? Those are the only ones I've had spares of to turn into exp so far.

No. 2* are worth 50 rupies, 0 eldwater. :sad:

Tulabelle on
This discussion has been closed.