Dragalia Lost is an action RPG from Cygames (of Granblue fame/infamy) and Nintendo's fifth mobile game (sixth if we count Pokemon Go). It's about a Prince, the youngest in the royal succession, who has to form a pact with a dragon in order to save the kingdom against generic fantasy enemies, the fiends. But things quickly get more complicated than that. Gameplay is comprised of short action segments broken up with story bits: you lead four characters into battle, moving around with swipes and attacking with taps. Characters have their own skills you can use, and you can swap between characters to personally control them. The big gimmick is shapeshifting, with a meter filling up allowing anyone on your squad to shapeshift into whatever dragon you "bonded" (read: equipped) to them. You can also get a helper skill from an online player (or nobody if you choose to be antisocial) to help you out in a pinch. You can use helper skills from friends more often than randos, so work on that friends list.
The game also features co-op, which is probably a good idea since characters you AREN'T controlling in solo games have dreadfully bad AI. There's also things like raids which is basically a co-op game but everyone has their own squad of four. Sounds like a delightful clusterfuck.
If the game has a downside, it's that it's a gacha, which means one of the more abusive forms of "free-to-play" in mobile gaming. Fortunately the game does throw decent four-stars characters at you throughout the story campaign, so you should be able to do everything at a base level comfortably. Just don't stress out about min-maxing and focus on your four favorite pulls and everything should work out.
Here's a lengthy video from Nintendo about the game if you want to know more:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4wz7Mb8KqwHot Dragon Tips
- You get wyrmite for playing with new people online, so do co-op games until that dries up.
- There's an introductory event for launch with endeavors that award a free ten-pull, so get on it.
- Rerolling is for cowards.
- Don't forget the free item summon every day.
- Tap "More" on the main menu, then "Options" and then "System." Scroll to the bottom and download the whole game so you don't have to wait all the time between quests.
- Always tenfold summon unless there's some event that alters rates