As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Yu-Gi-Oh] Card Games On Message Boards

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Oh yeah. Eater is a hilarious card.

He’s even immune to Kaijus/Sphere Mode, because he can’t be tributed. It was probably intended to balance out a monster that you can summon so easily, but it just turned into protection.

I hear he’s especially fun in a Gren Maju deck, since you’re totally allowed to banish all 15 cards from your extra deck to summon him.

Yeah and that's exactly how I've been using him

I wonder if there's anything I could do to make Banquet of Millions keep their extra deck banished. My gut says the answer is either no, or it'd involve such a big combo that it wouldn't really be feasible

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    I don’t think you can, no. The idea is that you use that to lock the opponent out of their extra deck for one turn, most likely rendering their usual combos non-functional for their first turn and giving you time to set up an OTK. Like, If they rely on using cards like Apollousa or Zeus, losing their extra deck for a turn could straight up end their turn.

or… you could try using DD Dynamite on that same turn, lol.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Weird. Interrupted Kaiju Slumber is banned in the Xyz event. Not any of the Kaiju themselves, or other board-wipe tools like Dark Hole or Raigeki. But this specific one.

• Options
    "Bring out the full potential of Digital Bug monsters with cards like 'Stumbling' and 'Butterspy Protection'"

Whoof. That uh, says a lot about the potential of those monsters.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I don’t think you can, no. The idea is that you use that to lock the opponent out of their extra deck for one turn, most likely rendering their usual combos non-functional for their first turn and giving you time to set up an OTK. Like, If they rely on using cards like Apollousa or Zeus, losing their extra deck for a turn could straight up end their turn.

or… you could try using DD Dynamite on that same turn, lol.

Yeah you'd have to like scoot them from banishment to the gy and back or something

I don't even know offhand if there are cards that could do it and if there are for sure wouldn't be worth the necessary setup

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Considering how important the extra deck is I can't think of many cards that mill it, however, restricting special summons can be quite effective.

My Gren deck locks my opponent out of their extra deck with Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo as it's just a full special summon floodgate when it's face up, that can shut down some decks or force them to beat over it and do their plays in main phase 2, which isn't half bad and is assuming I don't have other disruption in play.

It does clash with Eater and Orochi, but it's not designed to be out forever, and Dark is like the most common type, so Barrier Statue of the Abyss isn't suitable.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    True King Lythogasm (spelling?) can do it, he lets you get rid of three extra deck cards if you summon him by destroying two Earth monsters.

• Options
    it's so fuckin funny to fight an exodia deck, banish a single piece of exodia, and have them instantly resign

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Hoo boy.

Just had a really long duel with a Sky Striker deck. Got dropped below 1500 LP relatively quickly, and had to fight off some pretty nasty monster setups a few times to survive to the next turn. Doesn't help that the deck has a direct-attacker with 1500 ATK, who he summoned on two separate turns. Had to destroy one, and negate the effect of the other, with no cards to spare. Managed to just squeak out a win by getting Zeus out at just the right time, but it was a really close thing the whole way.

Was pretty exhilirating, honestly.

Also, my opponent managed to use my own copy of Pankratops on me more times than I did...

Enlong on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    So a fresh round of hack-cheating's entered Master Duel. This time it involves being able to play a deck well below the minimum required card-count. You can probably guess how it's being used as seen here.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Oh wow, even going for the Pot of Greed. Even the OCG isn't wild enough to have that unbanned.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Oh wow, even going for the Pot of Greed. Even the OCG isn't wild enough to have that unbanned.

Yeah, that's the other part of the current bit of cheating; using banned cards.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Oh god. What is this.

I'm trying to do this solo-mode duel to get the World Legacy field cosmetic. And the loaner deck is trying to mash up Mekk-Knights and Ursarctics.

Leaving aside the way that Ursarctics love to discard their own hand to make any plays, they also like to lock the player out of summoning anything that doesn't have a level. And Mekk-Knights are a Link-focused deck. I have no idea what Konami was thinking with this one. Meanwhile, the opponent has Mekk-Knights + Galaxy, which seems considerably more stable.

So, while I'm trying to decide between going -2 to summon a big bear that locks me out of my link monsters, or summoning a Mekk-Knight with a card that locks me out of the big bears, my opponent is stacking Xyz monsters on top of other Xyz monsters, blowing up my field, and stealing my monsters as material for more Xyz.

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I've climbed into the Platinum tiers now (Platinum 5; the lowest one). And granted, I've had some very lucky duels, duels with pretty low-power decks, and a lot of coin flips in my favor for the first turn, but still, this Super Quantum deck has proven fun and effective.

I do dread running into like, Eldlich trap control where they go first and set up 4 negates and the gold boi, but that's a worry for every kind of deck out there.

I'm also trying to acquire some generic Xyz monsters for random potential issues. I've got Downerd Magician for invincible Crooked Cook stall, and I wanna get Bagooska for just general emergencies.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Definitely glad I added more Frogs to my Paleofrog deck, Toadally Awesome stealing people's boss monsters is never not funny. It's even funnier when they try to negate Toad's search and I just sac Toad, recycle him back to the extra deck and get my Frog summoned and their boss monster.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    I've climbed into the Platinum tiers now (Platinum 5; the lowest one). And granted, I've had some very lucky duels, duels with pretty low-power decks, and a lot of coin flips in my favor for the first turn, but still, this Super Quantum deck has proven fun and effective.

I do dread running into like, Eldlich trap control where they go first and set up 4 negates and the gold boi, but that's a worry for every kind of deck out there.

I'm also trying to acquire some generic Xyz monsters for random potential issues. I've got Downerd Magician for invincible Crooked Cook stall, and I wanna get Bagooska for just general emergencies.

The XYZ classics are always there, here's an article about them, Rank 4 toolbox still opens a lot of options:

https://qtoptens.com/top-10-rank-4-xyz-yugioh-monsters/

From the Utopias, the more reliable ones are regular Utopia and Utopia the Lightning, rest are more gimmicky.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    Zoodiacs are officially my least favorite deck to fight

Utopia is a close second

• Options
    With you on Zoodiacs (haven't fought many Utopia decks), but Sky Strikers have pushed me to actually surrender rather than take the hit.

They're both very slow and have ridiculous advantage, I don't know what Konami were thinking when they decided that you only need 3 spells in the gy to get all their second effects. And I used Sky Strikers quite a bit in LotD, but that was just against the CPU.

• Options
    Mobilize Engage is also just a ridiculous card. Search 1, then draw 1 if you have 3+ spells in grave, and it's got no restrictions on how many times you can activate it per turn.

The TCG banned it at one point for a reason; so many decks were putting it and Hornet Drones in their deck as a draw/link engine, to say nothing of actual Sky Striker decks.

It really feels sometimes like there should've been more restrictions on some of these Sky Striker cards. Maybe requiring more spells to get the extra effects, or maybe if they locked you into Sky Striker monsters for the turn (wouldn't hurt actual Sky Strikers one bit).

In other news, I've been having bad losing streaks in platinum. But, I'm still having pretty hilarious interactions when I do win. I have seen way more people than I'd have expected, try to negate the effects of a boss monster that can't be effected by other cards. To the point of discarding stuff with Forbidden Droplets in the attempt.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    People not reading cards is just something that happens:
    https://youtu.be/Owal-fIgo-o

Myself, getting into YGO again with this, so just used my free gems (and some money) to make Virtual World (annoying part is to just have to craft staples since they don't come on the Virtual World booster packs) so will see how that goes.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    Oh, and I went and spent some crafting points on Bagooska. The stinky tapir is very dumb looking, but shockingly effective.

• Options
    sky strikers are annoying but i am charmed enough by their gimmick that they don't piss me off as much

probably also helps that playing a banishment deck means that when they fight me they gotta work to get those three spells in the GY

• Options
    edited February 2022
    there's something amusing about throwing in a weird tech card that just prevents all the plays someone is used to doing. I went up against a tricked-out Thunder Dragon deck*, and when he destroyed my field spell (the one that lets me actually cheat out my Xyz monsters), I dropped Bagooska as a plan B, to stall for hopefully 1 or even 2 turns to get my resources back together. Being unable to use his monster's effects on the field was apparently devastating enough to his usual strategy that it took him most of his hand and field to put something on the board that could remove the stinky man. Then he went and surrendered before it got to my turn; probably because his Apollousa came out with low enough ATK that I'd be able to punch it in the face and do my stuff in phase 2. It took a while, and was really weird, but it felt kinda nice to actually have a plan B in my deck.

*Side note: I kinda love how Thunder Dragon, of all cards, got a full-on entire archetype based around its way-ahead-of-its-time effect. I'd love to see other old-ass cards get that same treatment.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Archetypes having a Pot of Greed is fine, but Engage also being half search is busted, to say nothing of Multirole and the recycling it provides.

I am considering spell floodgates, Imperial Order would be the most pragmatic, but I'm hesitant to spend mats on cards that should be banned, as the wording in-game implies you are SOL if the banlist changes.

Now Anti-Spell Fragrance on the other hand...

• Options
    Anti-Spell Fragrance has long been a neat semi-floodgate. Slowing down all Spells even slower than Traps doesn't make them useless, but it kinda wrecks the speed of most decks. Granted, a lot of meta decks will have Knightmare Phoenix lying around somewhere, but that means they have to put resources into making Phoenix before using any spells.

And if your deck can also summon Dark Simorgh...

• Options
    ...I should put Crystron Halqifibrax in my Crusadia deck.

Have I become my own villain here?

• Options
    turns out that using Bagooska in a Crusadia deck (with Parallel eXceed as the level 4s to make him) is absolutely hilarious if made to go first, or if you can't OTK. First, he gives a respectable 2100 ATK to Equimax (though Crazy Box is still a better rank 4 to use for pure ATK points). But even better, since this is a Link strategy, Equimax isn't effected by Bagooska's defense mode lockdown effect. So if you can summon Equimax, put Bagooska on the field, and get a Crusadia or World Legacy monster in Equimax's other zone, you can block a lot of strategies until your next turn.

• Options
    So they just added a bunch of battles to solo mode, most of the rewards are legacy tickets, with 200 gems, a Destiny Board mate base and some (flat) Magical Hats for the GY/Banish Zone being the only noteworthy things.

What's hilarious is that they mistranslated Dark Magician in the description as Dark Spellian, presumably it was an automatic thing because spells are still magic cards in Japan.

• Options
    It's also a bunch of anime-reference duels. Yugi (Gaia/Curse of Dragon) vs Weevil, Yugi (Magnet Warrior rock deck) vs Mako Tsunami, Joey vs Mai, and so on, up until Yugi vs Yami Yugi.

• Options
    Thought I could trounce the new duels with my Paleofrog deck. The second CPU uses A Legendary Ocean, which turns my monsters into level 1s that can't go into my XYZ monsters :v

• Options
    LOL. So last night, I got killed by a trap-focused deck that burned me for 9000 LP in my first draw phase. They used Banquet of Millions to temporarily banish all 15 cards from my extra deck, and then flipped two copies of D.D. Dynamite, for 4500 damage each. I checked their deck after, and it was all draw cards, trap searchers, and anything else to make that strategy a bit more consistent.

And yeah, that was basically an FTK, but I really can't even be mad, because I had been thinking of that exact strategy ever since I first saw Banquet of Millions get revealed as a card. I honestly have to salute someone trying a silly janky burn strategy. Similarly, I wouldn't be able to get mad at someone running Nurse Burn with Gift Card.

• Options
    yeah i got hit by the exact same thing

• Options
    OK, this solo mode Yugi vs Joey duel is some BS. Yugi's deck is absolute garbage.

The insulting thing is that in the last two fights, he had some very decent decks making use of the recent Poker Knight support. I was able to summon like 5 dudes easily, and they even have a card that can be used to normal summon an Egyptian God. But for this duel, Yugi's chucked all that useful support in favor of stuff like Ra's Disciple and Millenium Seeker.

• Options
    Another 1000 gem login reward and a new story gate, this time Weather Painters. They've gotten stingier with the rewards though, you don't even get a single Weather Painter card, it's mostly orbs.

Also had my first matchup against Unchained, they had lethal against me and I had no disruption, but they went into their boss monster with less overall attack. One Kaiju and topdecking Orochi and Gren later I won. God I love Gren Maju.

• Options
    So, end up not liking Virtual World, so went to a more old school deck, that has always fascinated me: Gem Knight FTK. Need to get good at it, but man, is satisfying to pull off.

And, as always, Block Dragon is busted.

• Options
    So it looks like the latest gimmick deck is about turboing Banquet of Millions and two copies of DD Dynamite for an ftk, snipping your extra deck to 13 will prevent the damage from being lethal and essentially is an instant win against it.

Also the next festival is N/R only, self ftk and some low rarity archetypes are getting hit, should be interesting.

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    https://www.yugioh-card.com/uk/limited/

New tcg banlist is out.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    Wow, they finally banned Verte Anaconda, huh. As someone using Predaplants in MD Verte is just mega busted in any deck that could run it, which was any deck. MD has been doing its own thing with the banlist though so I'm not holding my breath just yet.

Yata-Garusu has been banned since 2004, on the very first banlist, it and Time Seal probably won't see play, but could still be degenerate.

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    I keep thinking Yata is a winged beast, but it's a fiend. It's a bird, it makes more sense to be a winged beast!

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I keep thinking Yata is a winged beast, but it's a fiend. It's a bird, it makes more sense to be a winged beast!

Its a japanese yokai

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.