As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    What are the banners?

I have yet to complete the story because well I have been lazy and just play for free and the arcade/events but it was my brother talking about I can make something and pointing to a set of numbers on the castle why I can been trying to catch up in the story {I have no idea where it ends or which I have to finish to get that thing he is talking about}

I only have 4 healers and only leveled two of them Loki and Maria

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    EDIT: NONE OF THE BEAST UNITS WERE DEMOTED!???? WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK!?

Yeah this is kind of bullshit. I hope it's not a trend...

Anyways, got everyone but spent way too many orbs. Stupid shared color. Kept pulling Lughs. Finally managed to get two Sues, one +ATK and one +SPD, so now I don't even know which one to use... Thea (Tate :3) also took freaking FOREVER to get. She's probably getting demoted so I should have just given up but I wanted at least one copy. She is like +ATK/-HP so that seems pretty good at least.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I think I'll finally make AR tier 19 this week. Need so many more stones to upgrade my defenses though.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I think there is no way I don't make AR tier 21 thankfully. I'm like 140 away or something. I'd have to completely wiff every match for the next few days and get a bunch of lost points.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I hope to make T21 as well. I’ve still got one escape ladder use left and I’m only a few points behind Warlock, so here’s hoping!

I’ve also dig myself into a hole. I need to spend 350 stones to get a level 4 offensive fortress. I have 390, but cannot spend 350. I can spend 300 or 400.

However, I’ve been looking at defensive matches and anyone with a level 4 offensive fortress only has a level 3 defensive fort at best, so I’m picking on them!

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Not too crazy about this banner or any of the upcoming ones, but I did get an Adrift Camilla off the free pull. Ehhhh.

This new heroes banner is a pretty easy skip, though, for the most part.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I've kind of become a big fan of Binding Blade lately, so this was a pretty hype banner for me. I've been playing through the game and it's so damn fun. Hard as hell (and this is on normal mode, I haven't even unlocked hard yet) but super fun.

That said, WTB Gonzales as soon as possible plox. Best character.

Edit: Woo, forging bonds got me the last 20 dew I needed without having to do any new refines:
    mmcc1guaoay1.png

I feel like this is gonna be an insane build

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Thea's Forging Bonds story is great so far. Says she wants to get paid to fight for the Order of Heroes and Anna reacts like she's found her soulmate.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I never really liked Forging Bonds until I realized it was a FEATHER FACTORY!

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Forging Bonds has been almost totally fine since they completely removed the summoner from the equation.

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Good AR defense or Best AR defense?
    ruVH2k2.png

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Managed to get an idunn and a Sue. Bad side both are - atk. Probably not bad for idunn but Sue's atk already sucks

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Armed with 20 orbs and the summoning tickets, I got a -atk Sue too. Now she can join my -atk Legendary Lyn as another wielder of the dreaded "green nerf bow."

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    So I have a habit of never spending Divine Dew. Usually it's "Oh, I like this character and their weapon effect is cool, but I don't rely on them enough to justify the Dew cost." I'll use it on my most-used units of course, but most of them don't have a Divine Upgrade.

So now I've gone ahead and done some accounting. Number of units in my army with upgradable weapons: 20. Number of weapons I can afford to upgrade if I used all my refining stones: 14. So uh, maybe I shouldn't worry so much. :P

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Stones were a commodity at first but now not so much

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I just noticed that testing aether defenses doesn't take into account the fortress levels, which makes it a lot less useful for testing unless you invested more in defense than offense.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I just noticed that testing aether defenses doesn't take into account the fortress levels, which makes it a lot less useful for testing unless you invested more in defense than offense.

Yeah, this is one of the things that made me stop overthinking my defense team and also stop upgrading my defense fortress early on. I did some tests and created a setup specifically so that my lead Cherche would be able to survive being attacked by Aversa, but then quickly found out that she would lose if someone was up a fortress level on me.

On the note of Aether Raids, it sure feels good to finally have Null C-Disrupt on Fae. Had a battle today where I shoved her out there in range of Veronica, B.Lyn, Reinhardt, and L.Azura. There were no survivors.

• Options
    mts wrote: »
    Stones were a commodity at first but now not so much

Hopefully trails get the same treatment. But I'm not holding my breath.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    rq64ohu0l0c3.jpg

Looks like Easter banner about a week away and there'll be an accompanying Tempest Trial for it

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Yay they did a new calendar finally. Guess they wanted to wait for DST to start. Or end, I can never keep it straight.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Note that since DST has started, the confusing "this starts on the day before it actually starts" timing for anyone in the US east of the Pacific time zone is gone.

Opty on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Just noticed something really cool about Gray Waves. If a unit with the movement bonus triggers Galeforce, it can still move 3 squares as part of its Galeforce turn.

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    They'll also still move 3 spaces if another dancer refreshes them again.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Rutger is weeb as fuck isn't he?

• Options
    edited March 2019
    You know, I was thinking this morning it's really a missed opportunity that they didn't get Rutger Wrath as his B skill. First off it would be a nice bone to throw to F2P players who could spend grails to get access to it without having to fodder Nephenees/Karlas, while still not making it super duper common by putting it in the permanent 4* pool (heck, it could even be locked to 5* to force a 20k feather investment). It would also fit his character WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Vantage, considering the dude is literally known for his crits. Maybe then swap out his A skill for something a little more fitting, like Fury, L&D or a Brazen (probably ATK/DEF to make it less value if you're giving Wrath out already). If I had more Wrath fodder I'd totally give him the skill purely for the flavor. But I mean, he's not a character I'm really gonna use and Wrath is too rare a skill to throw away like that :/ (still very very tempted tho...)

At least he comes with Slaying Edge+ and Vengeance. As garbage as Vengeance is as a skill, it's 100% flavor appropriate. And he starts with a Killing Edge in Binding Blade too (but giving him a Killing Edge now in Heroes would be an ass move). Though Wo Dao would have also been acceptable (I think Slaying Edge makes the most sense though)

Edit: Ok I just couldn't not do this... The meme potential was too stronk. I also had a few Owains and forgot he has Wrath too. Soo... Umm... Rutger also got Blue Flame :3 I'm seriously debating on the A skill. I have Fury 3 right now to synergize with Wrath but I kinda sorta wanna give him Brazen Atk/Def too (which is to say I gave it to him cuz I have plenty of Areseses, but he didn't learn it yet). Maybe for the seal instead. I did a quick melee training map to farm him some more SP (can't learn Blue Flame yet, not enough SP) and yeah, between his Slaying Edge and Wrath he had a special up almost every turn.

Thought about giving him a Wo Dao but I think he needs the extra cooldown reduction of slaying edge to really be Critger. Blue Flame is basically a super Wo Dao special anyways.

Edit 2: Ok, decided why not go all the way...
    8yw03ulolaat.png

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Well I've got a 3740 score in Arena, I wonder if that'll be enough to score me my first Tier 21 promotion. Apparently the 3730's would get you there in February, so hopefully that holds true again. Fingers crossed.

• Options
    Man, fuck aether raids tier 21. Jesus. I am gonna need to rethink my offense team :/ I'm already out of escape ropes.

At least I got here though. Any ranks over 21 get lost anyways so whatever points I get from now on are just a bonus

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Man, fuck aether raids tier 21. Jesus. I am gonna need to rethink my offense team :/ I'm already out of escape ropes.

At least I got here though. Any ranks over 21 get lost anyways so whatever points I get from now on are just a bonus

What kind of BS are you encountering? Teleporting infantry pulse? Flier emblem? Double legendary Azuras that are both +10?

• Options
    Oooh is there a particularly brutal Flier Emblem defense strat floating around? ...Asking for a friend.

• Options
    Acheron wrote: »

What kind of BS are you encountering? Teleporting infantry pulse? Flier emblem? Double legendary Azuras that are both +10?

Teleporting infantry pulse for sure. I had one where I tried to block a blue cav, he lunged me, then literally the entire team teleported and wiped out my whole squad. I have a hard time dealing with Special Spiral BS setups too. I need to figure something out. There were also an absurd number of +10 Dumas which aren't the *worst* but the DC ones can be annoying.

• Options
    Oooh is there a particularly brutal Flier Emblem defense strat floating around? ...Asking for a friend.

I've just seen some unpredictable ones with all the teleportation skills. And LAzura making them move so far can be brutal. Nothing particularly common or standardized though.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    There’s a part of me that wants to create a fallen Takumi squad to use Skadi to inflict -30 hp and panic ploy on a team before running in there with someone that’s got CC and vantage to wreck them. Pick the one unit that might have hardy bearing to kill first and be done with it. This is aether raids for reference.

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    I somehow, despite having gotten enough copies to +10 him, have never seen a +Atk Ares.

Real shame, I think he's obnoxious as shit and would love to start merging mine beyond the current +1.

• Options
    Ooo, ended up with enough grails today to buy another Aversa. Now up to +9! One more to go!

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Ooo, ended up with enough grails today to buy another Aversa. Now up to +9! One more to go!

When's her GHB rerun set for? I'm stuck at +8 on mine and to be quite honest, I'd be happy to keep her at +9 forever if it means I don't have to burn 850 more grails to finish her out.

Edit - She's after Garon, whose revival is in early April. Bleh, so probably another month and a half, at the minimum. By the time that hits, I could spend the same amount of grails on, like, 3-4 more merges on Panne. Seems way more worth it.

Kasyn on
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Kasyn wrote: »

When's her GHB rerun set for? I'm stuck at +8 on mine and to be quite honest, I'd be happy to keep her at +9 forever if it means I don't have to burn 850 more grails to finish her out.

Edit - She's after Garon, whose revival is in early April. Bleh, so probably another month and a half, at the minimum. By the time that hits, I could spend the same amount of grails on, like, 3-4 more merges on Panne. Seems way more worth it.

No clue. She feels pretty recent still so I imagine it's not for a few months, but who knows, we're getting Garon again...

Edit: Oh didn't see your edit. Honestly it'll probably take me that long to get another 400 grails, so that's probably fine..

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    It really just doesn't seem worth it, especially when +9 is the one that tacks on more of her most desirable stats, +10 is more for completion than anything. The scale of grail costs just don't seem to justify it when I could spend just as much getting several merges on another project unit, or the really valuable +1 merges on 4 different grail units. Or keep 'em for inherit fodder.

Then again, I'll probably be staring at the +9 and lose all resolve and get the last, dumb merge just for the border and OCD purposes.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I mean, if the rerun is really in April, I'm fine waiting for that for my last merge. Like I said, it's gonna take me at least that long to build up enough grails anyways. I'm not 100% sure what stats she even gets on +10 to be honest. (if it's another point of HP that's actually pretty good)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I mean, if the rerun is really in April, I'm fine waiting for that for my last merge. Like I said, it's gonna take me at least that long to build up enough grails anyways. I'm not 100% sure what stats she even gets on +10 to be honest. (if it's another point of HP that's actually pretty good)

Late, late April. Probably at the earliest. But that's just based on me eyeballing the recent calendars and assuming they do the next revival at roughly the same rate.

It's Def and Res at +10, btw.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Anyone want to make predictions about the new Spring banner? I’m gonna say...bunnygirl Tharja.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen