As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I'M FINALLY FREEEEEE! She may be -Atk, but Halloween Myrrh has finally come home! It didn't take too many orbs, either, so I swung on over to the Corrin banner and got a Corrin, too. Interestingly, they were both on the upper left, and were the only on-color orbs in their circles.

And then I went back to the Mythic banner looking for a good Myrrh or a Yune, but no such luck. Instead I got two Ryomas, a Brave Celica, and Lewyn. Not to mention an extra Reyson and the final Cherche I needed for my +10 merge project. So a pretty good night overall.

Now I'll need to decide whether or not to look for a +Atk Myrrh or Yune before the banner ends, or whether to feed Death Blow 4 to Cherche or merge my Brave Celicas together to make one without -Spd.

EDIT: The answer to both is probably no. I should probably be happy with my Myrrh and pull for Yune on a Legendary banner with better green pitybreakers, spending my orbs on Easter instead. And I should probably wait for a Brave Celica that has a GOOD Asset instead of settling for "Not -Spd"

EDIT 2: Maybe next time Yune's on a banner it'll be along someone goo- OH NO IT'S GUNNTHRA
    0et09jo351p21.png

Dr. Flamingo on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Some unfocused rolling got me a +Attack Brave Lyn. That strikes me as the best thing I could have gotten from this banner, given how frequently I already use her.

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I just spent 130 orbs to only get 2 five stars. Baaad rate for a legendary banner... But after a kagero I got a +atk -spd Yune, so it still feels good!!

I also awoke to a replay of the aforementioned Black Knight rampaging through an aether raids team, killing 4 units. It's hilarious how many people think they can tank a bold fighter black Luna and end up finding differently.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Huh. This may sound dumb, considering you just gave an anecdote, but how good is Bold Fighter on Black Knight? Or better yet, how far does it push him over the top? I have one source of Bold Fighter and have been too afraid to pull the trigger, wondering if Vengeful or Special Fighter is better.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Yea I just got another hardin that I can merge into my old one or give bold fighter. that seems way better to fodder.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    My first circle had 4 greens, hiding 2 Lewyns. That makes 3 Special Spiral fodder hanging out in my barracks. Gotta figure out who to use them on.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    80 orbs got me all new heroes!

Yune
    Ophelia x2
    H!Kagero
    H!Myrrh

IV’s aren’t good, but I haven’t seen this kind of orb per 5* hero ratio in a long time!

I kind of want to push green more for Lewyn, but I think I need to stop and save up for something else.

Good luck to everyone!

• Options
    Huh. This may sound dumb, considering you just gave an anecdote, but how good is Bold Fighter on Black Knight? Or better yet, how far does it push him over the top? I have one source of Bold Fighter and have been too afraid to pull the trigger, wondering if Vengeful or Special Fighter is better.

The setup I use ensures a black Luna to the face unless BK gets one shot, regardless of phase. Given BKs speed and tankiness, that isn't always easy to do. Black Luna is so disgustingly powerful that I think he is a great user of bold fighter.

He is also possibly my favorite armor unit in the franchise, so favoritism was easy to justify. I will say that the only other setup that attracted me was steady stance 4 + vengeful fighter. Makes him an enemy phase monster.

I just love the guaranteed initiation of bold fighter. Gets him so many kills he wouldn't get otherwise.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I finally got Bowcina , +HP/-ATK ... but then I pulled a +ATK one so life is great! I also got an Ophelia and Lairzura copy so it's been a really good haul for about 150 orbs.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    I ended up with another Lyn, two Eirs, Ophelia and a Llweyn. Think I'll stop while I'm ahead.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Can I get some advice about aether realms? I've really been neglecting it and most of the game since I've kinda been on hiatus with it for awhile, bar participating in tempest trials enough to get new seals.

Which structures should be my biggest priorities to upgrade and such?

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I went with upgrading the aether fountain, aether storage, fortress, escape ladder and then all the other buildings to at least level one so you can rotate the bonus building in.

The fountain and storage will get you more battles per day, the fortress will give you decent bonuses ( or prevent the opposing team from getting them) and the escape ladder gives you some retries when you muff a battle or get a crappy opposing team.

Kakodaimonos on
  • Options
    Well I dropped 30 or so and got a +res leg. Azura so I'm happy if nothing else comes of it

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    30 orbs in, pull three blue orbs on a ring, +ATK Lucina, followed by a +SPD Lazura and then another Lazura.

Hm...I should definitely stop now, but I probably will not.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I hate all of you. I dumped 200 orbs in and all I got was a dumb pitty break of an ophelia.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    3 Halloween Myrrhs in the 40 orbs after, all in a row across two rings.

Okay banner, I guess you'll get my orbs. E: Zip for the remainder until last set had a -SPD Ophelia, the unit I was actually aiming for. Pretty good for ~190 orbs.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Yea i got a h. Kagero. Not sure where she really fits in but ok

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I did pretty ok with this banner. Was able to +10 my Kagero without a lot of BS, got a decent number of Yunes and even a lot of Celicas which was like the one thing I wanted on red (only like one Myrrh and no Ryomas.. woo). Only disappointment was I could not pull any Halloween Mias at all so rip, but oh well, I do have her already.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    My free pull was Azura. So I guess that's something. -SPD/+ATK isn't great, but that's not really the most important thing anyway.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Yeah, dancer IVs are almost totally irrelevant. If you didn't have a LAzura before, just having one of her is a huge win because she's crazy. Throw a seal like Earth Dance on her and now when she dances someone, she's giving them +1 move and +5 all stats. Ridiculous.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Yeah, dancer IVs are almost totally irrelevant. If you didn't have a LAzura before, just having one of her is a huge win because she's crazy. Throw a seal like Earth Dance on her and now when she dances someone, she's giving them +1 move and +5 all stats. Ridiculous.

Yeah, obviously survivability stats are most desirable (I think +SPD tends to be the best for most dancers) but it really doesn't matter that much. It's good just to have the dancers (esp. broken L!Azura)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Any tips on cleaning 5-5 without dying for the quest? It seems like no matter who I use, Gustav completely wrecks then. He can ORKO any red armor I have. And Thea/Sue make it hard to approach defensively.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Any tips on cleaning 5-5 without dying for the quest? It seems like no matter who I use, Gustav completely wrecks then. He can ORKO any red armor I have. And Thea/Sue make it hard to approach defensively.

Use a blessing.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Did you know that one merge and one dragonflower gets S.Veronica to a flat 40 HP, letting her Ardent Sacrifice an ally to activate Desperation while maintaining her weapon's effect?
    0pcvs802ckp21.jpg
    (This was originally pointed out by someone over on Reddit and I've shared the build there too, but I like how she turned out so I'm posting it here as well.)

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Interesting to see how that shifts the meta

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    No wonder feh channels take so long, with a 100 turn cooldown

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Huh, they changed how the voting gauntlet works now so you can stock up on votes and don't have to do it every 30 minutes. Thank goodness.

• Options
    s1wtbzfvplp21.png
    A slightly crueler April Fool's...

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I like this voting resource change.

Also, now that I finally have Bowcina in my life I can truly appreciate just how good Future Vision is. Holy hell this is just so damn satisfying to use.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Interesting. There's a multiplier even when you're winning.

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Yep, "Endurance Bonus". It can't get as high as the "Disadvantage Bonus", the exact formulas for both are in the notification for the current Gauntlet.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Yeah I assume this is their solution to prevent "team with multiplier last round automatically wins"

Edit: Ok, this will never happen again so I'm gonna enjoy it for the few minutes it lasts :3 (I merged all my other Eirs for the bm extra points for bringing two :P)
    6cd96yx9o8ig.png

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Here's a statement I'm sure will piss someone off:

I've been pity broken by L!Azura twice.

• Options
  • Options
    Oh. Oh! Come onnnnn demotion...

• Options
    Having a great start to my week of AR. Didn't get that second Eir, but my Yune pull means I can lose only 60 lift max on defense. I dark blessed BK, Ophelia, and Klein, and luckily it's water week so LAzura counts.

Klein works surprisingly well when he starts next to a dancer. There are almost always soft aerial targets to hunt between all the Eirs and Aversa. So far I actually have 2 defense wins and zero lift loss.

Offense has been harder, but I only used 1 escape ladder and am 450 away from 11,000 now. Could be the week for T21!

• Options
    edited April 2019
    https://youtu.be/9rOUoL4PtBM
    I don't know if I care for them literally removing half the 5* roster entirely...

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    The 5-star change is such garbage. It's completely doubling down on never changing their policy of not adding new heroes to the 4-star pool. There are plenty of popular series mascots in the lower ranks that making heroes like Lucina, Azura, or even Ike more common would have increased hype levels massively. And now they're less common. I'm straight-up never going to pull Alm or Minerva now unless I go big on some random Heroes With Draw Back type of banner. This stings and the only way to reverse the disappointment now is to slowly trickle down 5-stars like with weapon refines.

I may as well look at the positive side of it, at least. Not only are Book 2 and forward heroes more power-crept strong, there's also probably less of them, since that's when IS was experimenting with decisions like, "Only 3 heroes a banner for awhile!" and "No new heroes in the game, only seasonal banners!" So now there's better odds of getting Tibarn or Airlivia or Idunn instead of Luke or Leo or... Luke. But it also means your odds of getting some of the best pity breakers like Hector or Brave Ike are zilch, at least on the more popular "Shiny NEW Hero" banners.

In other news, that "20,000 feathers plus 30 orbs instead of 23" bundle is looking pretty good, to the point where I wish that were the monthly bundle instead.

EDIT: HA! They listed the wrong Olwen!

Dr. Flamingo on