As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I don't know if I care for them literally removing half the 5* roster entirely...
    It seems perfectly balanced, as all things should be :snap:

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    To everyone out there that needs more explanation or didn't watch the video, the Book 1 Heroes, these guys:
    -Azura
    -Elise
    -Hector
    -Hinoka
    -Leo
    -Linde
    -Lucina
    -Lyn
    -Minerva
    -Ryoma
    -Takumi
    -Young Tiki

-Ephraim
    -Julia

-Eldigan
    -Olwen
    -Sanaki

-Jaffar
    -Karel
    -Ninian

-Alm
    -Faye

-Ike
    -Mist

-Celica
    -Genny

-Katarina
    -Luke

-Delthea
    -Gray
    -Saber
    -Sonya

-Amelia
    -Innes
    -Tana

-Brave Ike)
    -Brave Lucina
    -Brave Lyn
    -Brave Roy

-Elincia
    -Nephenee

-Deirdre
    -Sigurd
    -Ayra

-Dorcas
    -Lute
    -Mia

Will no longer be available to accidentally summon on banners with New Heroes or new Seasonal Banners. They will still pitybreak you on other banners such as: Heroes with [Skill], New Power!, Voting Gauntlet, Tempest Trials, and seasonal banner reruns.

So now, the new pitybreaker pool for New and Seasonal Heroes banners contains only:
    Red
    -Camilla (Adrift)
    -Celica (Evil)
    -Celica (Brave)
    -Chrom (On a Horse)
    -Eirika (w/Black Magic)
    -Flora
    -Idunn
    -Karla
    -Keaton
    -Laegjarn
    -Laevatain
    -Leif
    -Lene
    -Olivia (Flier)
    -Owain
    -Reinhardt ala Sword
    -Siegbert
    -Tibarn
    -Zelgius

Blue
    -Corrin (Adrift Male)
    -Hardin
    -Hector (Brave)
    -Ishtar
    -Kliff
    -Micaiah
    -Morgan (Flying Female)
    -Nailah
    -Ophelia
    -Quan
    -Selkie
    -Shiro
    -Sumia
    -Thea (Also a 4-star or GOD HELP ME)
    -Ylgr

Green
    -Corrin (Adrift Female)
    -Ephraim (Brave)
    -Helbindi
    -Kaden
    -Kana (Green, Girl)
    -Lewyn
    -Lugh
    -Myrrh
    -Olwen Green Forme (Despite what the video says)
    -Nino: Look Who’s Flying Now! Edition
    -Reyson (Also available at 4-star)
    -Rhajat
    -Robin (Male Grima)
    -Sue
    -Surtr

Colorless
    -Hinoka’s got a bow
    -Leanne
    -Loki
    -Maribelle
    -Mikoto (Adrift)
    -Nina
    -Velouria
    -Veronica (Brave)

Chronological Order:
    -Rhajat
    -Shiro
    -Sigbert

-Micaiah
    -Zelgius

-Eirika w/ Black Magic
    -Myrrh

-Celica (Evil Mode)
    -Hardin
    -Robin (Male Grima)

-Chrom on a horse
    -Morgan (Flying Female)

-Leif
    -Olwen Green Forme (Despite what the video says)
    -Reinhardt with Sword

-Hinoka’s got a bow
    -Kana (Female, green)

-Ishtar
    -Lene

-Karla
    -Nino: Look Who’s Flying Now! Edition

-Maribelle
    -Olivia (flier)
    -Sumia

-Celica (Brave)
    -Ephraim (Brave)
    -Hector (Brave)
    -Veronica (Brave)

-Lewyn
    -Quan

-Flora
    -Nina
    -Ophelia

-Helbindi
    -Laegjarn
    -Laevatain

-Kliff
    -Loki
    -Owain

-Camilla (Adrift)
    -Corrin (Adrift, Female)
    -Corrin (Adrift, Male)
    -Mikoto (Adrift)

-Surtr
    -Ylgr

-Leanne
    -Nailah
    -Tibarn
    -Reyson (Also a 4-star)

-Kaden
    -Keaton
    -Selkie
    -Velouria

-Idunn
    -Lugh
    -Sue
    -Thea
    I'll admit, this does look like a MASSIVE improvement, particularly for the colorless pool. Still salty tho.

Dr. Flamingo on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Ok, I have thought about this a bit. I'm coming around a little on it. Like, these are your new pity breakers:

It's kind of nice to get newer stuff when I'm pulling on newer banners, and I guess you can still get them from other banners. Still, I think I would have liked to see a handful demoted or left in. Like, why remove Ayra? Why remove Hector? Is anyone sad to get those heroes? I dunno.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    lol I was literally working on an exact chart like that

But yeah, of course we can't leave Hector and Brave Ike in. IS can only make heavy-handed decisions like, "ALL THE BOOK 1 HEROES EVEN THE GOOD ONES." The only time they make decisions involving a curated selection of heroes is when creating weapon refines.

It'll be interesting to see if they do this again next year, since the rate of new heroes to seasonal ones is not increasing.

Oh, and it'd be nice if they did some sort of banner rotation specifically focused on the book one heroes.

• Options
    lol I was literally working on an exact chart like that

But yeah, of course we can't leave Hector and Brave Ike in. IS can only make heavy-handed decisions like, "ALL THE BOOK 1 HEROES EVEN THE GOOD ONES." The only time they make decisions involving a curated selection of heroes is when creating weapon refines.

It'll be interesting to see if they do this again next year, since the rate of new heroes to seasonal ones is not increasing.

Oh, and it'd be nice if they did some sort of banner rotation specifically focused on the book one heroes.

Honestly what they need to do is run more random banners like the skill ones, but not just for skills. Like, maybe give us more Hero Fest banners, but with some of these older heroes. Or really just run more in general - free summon on each one. If someone's on there you really want, that's better than trying to get pity broken by them anyways.

Like I said, I'm kind of coming around on it, but there's still some where it's like, well you removed Genny from the 5* pool so where am I gonna get my Wrathful Staff fodder? I hope they do some other random ass banners to compensate for that.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    But yeah, I forgot about golden week and dumped all my stones failing to get L azura. There's no way that will bite me in the ass

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ok how am I still ranked so high?
    w1v9876jc16v.png

Like the only thing I can think is apparently having two Eirs on my team is super stronk for score? I would have thought more whales would be doing this (it's not like my second one is even +10).

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Removing that mass of 5*s from the pity breaker pool is a very good change. The only issue is that it may have been a better change if all of some of them were made available at 4*. Still, I know I at least will get over it. If I really want more merges for Mia (and I do), I'll just keep an eye out for banners that feature her.

• Options
    Removing that mass of 5*s from the pity breaker pool is a very good change. The only issue is that it may have been a better change if all of some of them were made available at 4*. Still, I know I at least will get over it. If I really want more merges for Mia (and I do), I'll just keep an eye out for banners that feature her.

Yeah, I think they should have picked a handful to demote. Like, there's currently no Ike in the pool at all. That feels super weird. At the very least I'm surprised they didn't demote the lords who are popular characters that people might want to get.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Today I got Ayra on my free pull, so I'm pretty happy about another merge. Still wish they would drop her and Neph to 4* though, but I doubt they will ever drop the 5* waifus.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I'm not mad about less pitybreakers sometimes. I'm mad because this is staunch declaration of "No demotions. No Linde, no Jaffar, no Minerva in the 4-star pool ever."

• Options
    edited April 2019
    I'm not mad about less pitybreakers sometimes. I'm mad because this is staunch declaration of "No demotions. No Linde, no Jaffar, no Minerva in the 4-star pool ever."

I would have liked to see a handful of demotions and maybe the removal of some of the useless 3*/4*s. Then they could have kept the number of heroes in the pool more balanced while removing the stuff that is useless for fodder (i.e. most of the healers and gen 1 stuff)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    The potential 3/4-star bloat of a mass demote is a real issue. They could demote people into 3-star only, or they could split the pool into two groups, A and B, and every banner is labeled appropriately. Or just let the thing run wild. More variety might not hurt the gacha. The only issue is that some skills need more redundancy in the common pool. What I'm saying is they should have given Thea Goad Fliers!

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    What they should do is just keep a cycling list of heroes that are in the current pool or not. April you can get these heroes. May you get this pool of heroes.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I just want more variety in the 4*/3* pool at this point. It's literally been the same since launch + like 12 additions or something stupid because they barely demote anyone anymore. I'm so sick of getting the same heroes over and over and over. Even the previous shakeup *only* added new stuff to the 3* pool - these heroes were already in the 4* pool (just also in the 5* pool).

I decided to actually leave them some feedback about it. I'm sure they are getting a million angry messages after the change, so I tried to make mine really nice :P

Edit: I also miss the fodder banners. Can we get those back? They were super awesome. Might be a good way to promote some of the "discontinued" 5*s too.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    who will be the first colorless knifeboy or knifegirl to ascend to the vacant 5* throne

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I swear some of the 3*/4*s are more rare than other. I'm still missing a handful of Caedas to +10 mine. Meanwhile I think that I probably could have +10'd Fir four to five separate times by now. Marth is also a very rare pull for me.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    I swear some of the 3*/4*s are more rare than other. I'm still missing a handful of Caedas to +10 mine. Meanwhile I think that I probably could have +10'd Fir four to five separate times by now. Marth is also a very rare pull for me.

Honestly I've noticed a weird pattern with this. I think it may have to do with how they seed their RNG. During long pull sessions I'll often find myself getting a handful of certain heroes WAAAAAY more than anything else. Who this is always seems to change depending on when I'm pulling, but there's usually like 4 or 5 that just keep showing up over and over. I kind of suspect their RNG might be seeded partially based on time, such that pulling a lot around the same time window tends to give the same answer often. Just a weird observation I've had.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I think that it's just a combination of confirmation bias, being salty, and the fact that I haven't rolled red that much. I've mostly been stuck in colorless hell looking for more Robins.

But damn I want some more Caedas. I love her Wing Sword.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    I would trade every Seth and Hana I've gotten for one Palla or even Caeda

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Whoah now, Hana's a powerhouse. A launch unit with 35/36 offense. I only have her at +1, but I occasionally roll her out with her armorsmasher in arena assault when I need to take out a Surtr or Grima Robin and want to still hoard my aces.

Hoping her PrF is good, maybe I'll merge more if so.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    I'm actually real curious to see what Hana's weapon ends up like. I know for Cherche they actually went the Brave Axe route since that's a popular build for her. And a lot of Hana builds go for Firesweep Sword due to her high speed and attack. So will they go Firesweep? Will they stick with the armorslayer? Maybe a combination of both?

Likewise, are they going to be faithful to Peri's Lance from Fates? Cuz that was a 1-2 range weapon... Built in distant counter seems strong, but then Peri isn't *that* good so maybe it would be fine? I mean, Camus already does it with Gradivus. We'll see I guess.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Wait does my arena crown not show up next to my name unless I'm in Tier 21?

EDIT: OR FEH'S CROWN? I'm pretty sure it was there last week so maybe it'll show back up if I'm Tier 20 instead...

Dr. Flamingo on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    My thought process since the Feh Channel:
    "I'm kinda sad that I won't stumble into more merges for OG Lyn"
    -> "I'd still like to use Lyn. I should find some kind of excuse to keep using her."
    -> "Come to think of it, I have a good amount of spare feathers."
    ->
    TS7QSvs.png
    Hero merit shows pretty clearly that I only just began this project after that train of thought.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Umm. So I dunno what I sacrificed to who but I just made two pulls on the destructive forces banner and got another Hector and a surtr.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Warlock82 on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Ah, that's where Lethe was. And holy shit she's got scary bonuses. +6 attack/def, +12 speed solo, -4 atk/def on enemy while transformed and they can't double (not that they would anyways because +12 speed jesus christ).

Edit: The fuck did they stack the king with though. That's an enemy phase monster with no investment at all. And armored. Stick him in a ward ball and he's literally invincible.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Here I was thinking "no matter what they throw at me, I'll be fine til this months legendary banner and golden week." I ... was not prepared. Caineghis is my favorite Laguz Royal and his kit looks awesome here!

That being said, I don't like that he is yet another blue beast, and I'm lukewarm on him being armored. Not to mention shared focus. His Lion form looks a little... Sickly? Not quite the monster shown in Radiant Dawn.

Looks like an awesome banner though. Always up for more Tellius. My 105 orbs are doomed.

• Options
    More Laguz already? Raaaad. I don't why Caineghis is colorless instead of red, but I need him. I'm also excited for Haar. I wonder what skills he'll have. A new PRF? A firesweep axe finally? Guidance? I secretly hope he doesn't have any good inheritable skills, because I want to merge him. Still waiting on Ena tho......

As for possible demotes... Well we've got 3 units with only 2 passives. Ranulf's got Rally Atk/Def+ which would be enough to keep him locked at 5-star, but on top of that he's got Chill Attack. Technically it could happen but I doubt it. Pity. We could have used Ward Beasts at 4-star.

Lethe is our first red horse-Laguz. Currently we've two GHB blue beasts, and one green in the 4-star pool, and that's it for the easily accessible beasts. So a 4-star red Laguz is exactly what we need. As for her skills, Hone Beasts is definitely what we need in the 4-star pool, but Speed/Defense Solo is a new skill in a fairly exclusive genre. Still, we've had Solo skills for 7 months now, so maybe it's time for them to start trickling down into the 4-star pool. I'd say she's almost a guaranteed demote, if not for....

Mordecai. We currently don't have ANY infantry Laguz below the 5-star level. So even though we've got two free blue beasts, a 4-star Mordecai would still fill a niche. Beast EXP is such a bummer tho. The Experience boosting skills are sometimes exclusive, sometimes not. We've got Athena and Mae with them, presumably by accident. They really just don't care enough, and neither does anyone else. I'm surprised they bothered to make a new one. Then there's Atk/Def Link. Valentine's Titania broke the 5-star barrier, bringing us Atk/Res Link, and now presumably Mordecai is here to continue the trend.

I'd say Mordecai is the most likely demote, but maybe Lethe, which would be GREAT. Although the best case scenario would be getting our first double-demote in a year. I think it could happen! If anything, they need to make up for the fiasco of our last beast banner!

• Options
    Holy shit Caineghis is colorless and not blue?? Hype levels increased. Dunno how I missed that. In other news....

vhnq5ftihr4a.png

• Options
    Damn this is the best I've ever done in AR. Made it to tier 26:
    h3a2xbrnzoyh.png

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »
    Holy shit Caineghis is colorless and not blue?? Hype levels increased. Dunno how I missed that. In other news....

I also scraped over that bar this morning. :hydra:

The background change is a nice touch.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    New patch is out :3

Aether Resort available right away. And weapons of course. Other stuff doesn't seem unlocked yet.

Edit:

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    After seeing Mordecai's stats, my prediction is zero demotes =\

The fact that they refused to demote shit tier 5 stars like Luke and Mist plus the Fates beast banner stinginess point to further stinginess ahead.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Am I missing something or is Aether Resorts basically just an orb tax for raids?

Trading Hana's atk-refined armor smasher for her Katana keeps armor effectiveness and might and trades 2 hp for Swift Sparrow, pretty nice.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ugh. The power creep of armor is really killing my desire to do anything. It's ridiculous.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    9 orbs and a +atk caineghis.

Alright.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I finally got everyone but it took a bit of orbs before anything started showing up (but once they did they came semi fast). Caineghis was particularly stupid and refused to show up for awhile (plus they kept giving me circles with no colorless to piss me off). But managed to pull a second one of him with my free tickets so that's nice (+SPD and +HP, not the best IVs but meh). I wanna say I got a +ATK of everyone else, maybe Lethe was +SPD instead... also pity breaker Rhajat, Laegjarn, and Kaden (which still feels weird, getting a pity breaker beast unit off-banner). Edit: Oh yeah and another Zelgius (Interesting manuveur....)

Also thought the story was semi decent this time, though the beast units are just "there" as is typical. The middle maps where it's just "Hi, I'm _____" and then it starts are the laziest shit still.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Freebie, four tickets, and 145 orbs has me at 5% draw rate right now... pulling all reds and greys and all I'm getting is disappointment.

edit: 163 orbs in I roll a -ATK Lethe, finishing the pull had nothing there... ;_;

At least she was +spd, I got another one so at least I can get rid of that bane. Total of 241 orbs spent and I wish I got Caineghis and Ranulf but I'll have to be happy with just getting a Lethe out of it.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Neutral caineghis, ok.

I do love a character that can solo a training map. He can do it even without any self-healing. My dragon/beast armor ball is online. Idunn/Caineghis/L!Tiki/Grima (male)

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera