As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Acheron wrote: »
    Just realized there is another set of ticket quests for the hero fest banners. All 5 tickets and... A bunch of trash! So far, with Boosted rate banners and enough tickets to equal 80 orbs or so, not a single 5 star. Thanks for reminding me of the super low value of orbs, game!

I've been having some random good luck with them (plus a few other misc pulls, mainly with my free orbs). Think I got like one Brave Ike, one Brave Veronica and two Brave Celicas? And possibly also a Brave Hector, I can't remember for sure.

I'm tempted to go semi-hard on the Brave 2 banner before it ends to try and finish off my Veronica (she's +8) and get just a bunch of Death Blow 4 fodder. It's just such a nice skill... And these Hero Fest banners are legit the best appearance rate for any of these things. I doubt we'll be getting one again anytime soon

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I'll be happy if I can get one Brave Lucina and one Brave Celica out of this thing before it ends.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Nabbed a +SPD Alm to merge out a -DEF flaw. Not bad but that's been my ONLY haul from this whole banner, in spite of about 60 orbs.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    60 orbs for two 5* is great returns for any banner though...?

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Just realized there is another set of ticket quests for the hero fest banners. All 5 tickets and... A bunch of trash! So far, with Boosted rate banners and enough tickets to equal 80 orbs or so, not a single 5 star. Thanks for reminding me of the super low value of orbs, game!

I've been having some random good luck with them (plus a few other misc pulls, mainly with my free orbs). Think I got like one Brave Ike, one Brave Veronica and two Brave Celicas? And possibly also a Brave Hector, I can't remember for sure.

I'm tempted to go semi-hard on the Brave 2 banner before it ends to try and finish off my Veronica (she's +8) and get just a bunch of Death Blow 4 fodder. It's just such a nice skill... And these Hero Fest banners are legit the best appearance rate for any of these things. I doubt we'll be getting one again anytime soon

I've, for some reason, had extraordinarily good luck with hero tickets. I got back to back 5*s off of them yesterday, and even before this event, I'm pretty sure I have a 5* rate off of them that's about quadruple what it should be, on average. It's to the point where I have a very strong suspicion that tickets secretly have better rates than they show.

• Options
    Wow, dang, for some reason today is 5x XP and SP. May need to do some grinding....

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Lucked into a weaponless meme AR team. Somehow ranked 500 despite having only 1 Eir.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Wow, dang, for some reason today is 5x XP and SP. May need to do some grinding....

It was announced as one of the Golden Week events, going to May 6.

I'm gonna try to get all my 5* units to level 40.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    I just want to bang this drum again: there is no reason for learn skills and equip skills to be separate screens.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I also feel like you should be able to click on a level 2 or 3 skill and it should let you learn everything up until that point in one click. Basically like auto-learn does it, but actually able to set things how you want them.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Seeing things like the Faye refine makes it even more infuriating that they refused to do any demotes. Now I don't give a single shit about the refine, but what if I had a chance to get a 3 or 4 star Faye while I was wasting orbs looking for L!Alm?

Faye simply isn't good enough to chase as a 5 star, so I will never get her.

There is no 3 star in the game that I want to see ever again, and maybe only 10% of the 4 stars are desirable. Makes summoning a really shit experience when it's 5 star or bust.

• Options
    Eh, I'll take the odd 3 star Barst/Severa for reposition fodder. But yeah, on balance I'd rather see a few dragonflowers, grails, badges, or crystals than another Gwendolyn, Stahl, or Sophia.

• Options
    Wanted to pull a little on this Tempest banner before it ends to see if I can get another Alm... End up getting a Tibarn instead. OK GAME.

• Options
    Got 50K score for the first time on this Tempest Trial. Picked a good one to really go in on, what with Picnic Flora being such a tough enemy.

• Options
    Tickets finally yielded something - a +atk -res Velouria, new unit for me.

Her prf is interesting. Could pair her with Keaton to start the bonfire special spiral train right away.

I'm unsure if beast emblem will ever really be viable for AR defense outside of Tibarn. The lack of ranged units makes it hard to create dense threat zones.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    https://youtu.be/PSnHTwV-iuY

I approve of this banner. Tho I have no clue who Mareeta is. Must be from FE4 or 5 (edit: confirmed, she's from Thracia 776... I miss the game logos on these trailers..)

Also possessed Delthea GHB

P. S. - IS not caring about spoilers. Not surprising at this point (still the Berkut one is pretty significant and a newish game).

Also um, when does Corrin get possessed? I mean, there's the one the first time she turns to a dragon, but this looks all evil-y. Maybe I'm forgetting some bullshit in Revelations. I'm just assuming Mareeta makes sense, I don't know shit about the Jugdral games. (Mangs and Mekkah are finally doing a real good let's play of FE4 and I assume 5 after tho, so soon I'll be edumacated)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    That's a pretty neat banner. Tiki and especially Corrin are kinda lame choices, though.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    That's a pretty neat banner. Tiki and especially Corrin are kinda lame choices, though.

Tiki makes sense, though only kinda. I mean, she makes as much sense as Celica did :P Corrin I'm still trying to figure out what they're going for.

I feel like they're running out of peeps if they want to keep doing this kind of banner in the future tho. Unless they just straight up start doing bosses like Anankos...

Edit: LOL I just realized why we got this banner. Rinea is #3 of top CYL3 unreleased characters........ Mareeta is actually reasonably up there on the list too.

Edit 2: Regarding Tiki:
    Gharnef_brainwashing_tiki.png

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Yeah, that Corrin bit isn't from the any of the Fates storylines. Could be some alternate DLC thing.

Alternatively (spoilers for Revelations),
    It just refers to Corrin's dragon blood being from the big bad of the game... because JP loves the "technically not related to siblings" thing. Though iirc that only applies to the elder Hoshido siblings, Sakura and possibly Takumi are half siblings by the same mother.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Gaaaaah Corrin. I don't need her, I don't! I-I can wait until she's on a legendary banner. The worst choice on this banner is easily Tiki But The Same As Last Time. At least we're making the colorless pool more interesting. It's a damn shame they decided to make a banner with four 100% un-demotable units though.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Some cool skills.
    Shadowbblade is dope. Both the Dragons seem like the best bet though

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Yeah, that Corrin bit isn't from the any of the Fates storylines. Could be some alternate DLC thing.

It just refers to Corrin's dragon blood being from the big bad of the game... because JP loves the "technically not related to siblings" thing. Though iirc that only applies to the elder Hoshido siblings, Sakura and possibly Takumi are half siblings by the same mother.

Sakura and Takumi aren't Mikoto's children. The Fates Royals family tree is nonsensical:
    ce6d3d67358e24d90d67b9a0b9bc0be9.png

(It also begs the question of why Mikoto was ruling Hoshido upon Sumeragi's death, instead of Ryoma.)

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Polaritie wrote: »

Yeah, that and I guess the part at the beginning where she turns into a dragon the first time after Mikoto's death was kind of what I was getting. A huge ass stretch IMO.

I've seen let's plays of most of the DLC and it doesn't really apply there either. TBH, based on the DLC it would have made more sense as Lilith :P (the DLC is super dumb, as is all the Fates plot)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    At first I didn't read the skills closely and see that flashing blade and warding stance are tier 4. Wow, those are nuts. No big surprise for warding stance given what we have with steady, but flashing blade...

This is the kind of crap they have to do to get a red sword infantry to stand out these days. Forseti sword that is ALSO a slaying weapon? Sure. Special acceleration? Not good enough, tack on 5 true damage per attack! I bet she will have offenses like 35/40 as well.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    At first I didn't read the skills closely and see that flashing blade and warding stance are tier 4. Wow, those are nuts. No big surprise for warding stance given what we have with steady, but flashing blade...

This is the kind of crap they have to do to get a red sword infantry to stand out these days. Forseti sword that is ALSO a slaying weapon? Sure. Special acceleration? Not good enough, tack on 5 true damage per attack! I bet she will have offenses like 35/40 as well.

Yeah. Though to be fair Flashing Blade was kind of meh to begin with so the power creep was inevitable. Especially with the seal existing, it didn't make a lot of sense to waste the A slot on that.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Agreed on the skill. Never even worth foddering my -spd Mia. But her sword is really ridiculous. Allows her to hit twice, adding 10 true damage and a Luna, before the enemy can retaliate. We're already at the point where a tank unit needs a guard effect or they won't work at all.

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    I feel like the new Flashing Blade screams L! Alm. Or a +Spd Soleil of some sort, that's probably where I'll try to make it work.

This banner is really good.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Kasyn wrote: »
    I feel like the new Flashing Blade screams L! Alm. Or a +Spd Soleil of some sort, that's probably where I'll try to make it work.

This banner is really good.

Hmmmm... do I want L!Alm to be even more broken... 🤔 I already gave mine Special Spiral for the absolute BM. Actually I guess the two largely do the same thing... and it's not like his special is on a large cooldown to need +2 charge...

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Possibly? Someone would have to do the math. It'd be better against high armored units, I guess, where the true damage matters more than the bonus you'd get from just pure stats (either straightaway through Atk or indirectly through Speed).

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Kasyn wrote: »
    Possibly? Someone would have to do the math. It'd be better against high armored units, I guess, where the true damage matters more than the bonus you'd get from just pure stats (either straightaway through Atk or indirectly through Speed).

Yeah but he also gains true damage from his special + speed stat, so removing darting blow 4 may be a wash overall.

Edit: Ok, it would be a damage boost, but a minor one. You don't lose too much from taking away darting blow. Of course, you risk Alm being out-sped, but I mean, my +SPD Alm has 45 speed before dartings so... it's unlikely...

Edit 2: Random thought... I wonder if anyone's getting demoted from this banner. It feels like no with all the nuts 4 skills being added, but I guess if it's anyone it would probably be Berkut.. he has the lightest kit. But still, Warding Stance 4... I dunno... (still, this shit needs to start getting into the 4* pool... the 5* exclusive fodder is starting to get ridiculous...)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Reminder that the basic dual stat boosts (like Atk/Def 2) are still 5* "premium" skills right now.

• Options
    Reminder that the basic dual stat boosts (like Atk/Def 2) are still 5* "premium" skills right now.

It's super dumb. We also don't have QR3 in the 4* pool STILL. I'd really like a re-shuffle of the 3* and 4* pools to improve the pulls. Throw out the super super shit units (i.e. Jakob), demote some 5* exclusives from the "old" pool (the one only on old banners now) to get some more skills in there. Maybe rebalance what is available at 4* for some characters...

• Options
    Frankly I think getting the summoning pool feeling good for inheritance purposes will always be tricky, which is just another reason they should add in a skill shop of sorts. The actual top tier, premium stuff could still be prohibitively expensive here while allowing things like Atk/Def 2 to be accessible at a more appropriate cost.

• Options
    Also, it's feeling high time for a Guard 3 seal and for some defensive B skill powercreep. Guard 4, Renewel 4...Shield Pulse 4.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Well there's special fighter, but -1 to charge might not be enough anymore.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Guard already got pretty much blown out of the water by Steady Stance 4. Guard 4 would have to be like, "Inflicts special cooldown charge -3 every time you come within eyesight of enemy unit and you heal 5 HP every time you're attacked."

These new panic skills, particularly Aversa, are so good that I think more debuff-ignoring skills like Idunn's are coming, or have Renewal 4 be you heal and purge status effects.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    New patch is out. Mannn, I don't know how to feel about Faye's new weapon. Like, it's KIND OF a Guard Bow, but it's both better and worse... It's two less points of DEF/RES but +4 ATK/SPD (but I'm also losing out on the extra points of defense and HP she got from the refine). And her refine builds in QR4(?) which frees up her B slot.. Grr, I just don't know.

Stahl and Sully got a bit screwed as expected. They keep their gem weapons and their refines are identical to Cain and Abel's. Honestly exactly what I thought would happen. Lucas got a pretty ok one - a better killer weapon and he gets Sturdy Stance as his refine, further adding to his insane defense stat... Dude is a tank and a half...

P. S. - I instantly love the stupid new teddy bears they added to Aether Resort. Something about seeing Robin hug a stuffed dragon as she sleeps is so God damn adorable.

Edit: datamine
    https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/feh-content-update-050819-darkness-within

So Delthea gets "Death." "Oh that sounds super powerful!" I tell myself. Nah, it's just a 14 might tome with Fury 3 built in :/ Somehow not what I pictured. Also honestly surprised they didn't just give her Dark Aura again since I'm pretty sure she just Aura spams you in that chapter.

Oh and all the new heroes are super stronk as expected. Jesus some of those attack stats tho. Berkut is surprisingly tanky as fuck too.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    So, they posted a notification of a bug in the new patch RE: Aether Raid defenses.

Basically, if you do a rematch, it sets your opponent to tier one with a L1 defensive fortress and only the first 4 units in their team.

Things you should do because of this, until they fix it:
    1) play every rematch you can because it's an almost guaranteed full points win
    2) make sure your defensive mythic hero (e.g. Duma) is one of the first 4 heroes in your AR defense team so you at least get some reduction when you get killed on rematch defense

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I noticed they added a mock battle option for your friends. It treats fortresses as equal and no lift is exchanged.

You can find it by checking or rank against your friends in aether raids.

• Options
    Anyone going hard on this banner? I'm gonna stay strong and save because I strongly suspect Tibarn will be on the mythic banner this month. Pitybreaker Hrid or LEiricka wouldn't be bad either.