As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Dang. A hundred orbs only got me two Hectors, and he's the one that fits my current needs the least of the three.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Dang, my friend sent me a picture of their first circle. They got Naga, Laevatein and Lyn in one batch. So lucky.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    170 orbs in, 1 Hector, only 3 circles with more than one blue orb and more than that with none.

Worst bannnnneerrrss

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    I'm sorry, it was me who pulled naga on the free.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    spls1xi9j2uo.jpg

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Kagero has been in need of a refine for ages, but I wasn't expecting Elincia to get one. I was just using her to kill some blues a couple days ago in arena assault and thinking "Elincia is still really powerful."

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Wonder if Oscar's refine will be better than the Harmonic Lance I've given him. Just hope it isn't some crappy tactics refine.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Up to 11% on the legendary banner. I don't even want anyone, but it seems dumb not to pull full circles when the rate is this high.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Got back to back Tiki trying for Naga again. That puts me at three 5*s sniping blues in something like 100-120 orbs.

Not a terrible rate and Tiki is good, but...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Kagero has been in need of a refine for ages, but I wasn't expecting Elincia to get one. I was just using her to kill some blues a couple days ago in arena assault and thinking "Elincia is still really powerful."

yea i wonder if it will be some sort of guidance brave sword. that to me is better than a double brave

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Elincia has always been kinda mixed to me. Her defense suuuuuuuuucks which makes using her in melee a little risky. Sure she hits hard, but if she doesn't kill, she probably dies to the counter. I think giving her just a little something more would help a ton.

Kagero tho, holy crap. I wish I had +10'd mine already :( I used to use her a TOOOOOOOOON when the game came out but she just kinda sucks now. Give her a little more might and some nice refine ability and she's going to rock. Effective against infantry is just so good.

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Elincia has been a common part of my flier teams for quite a long time, frankly. She was never an uber powerhouse sweeper, but has always been able to pull a notable amount of weight - often even on turns where she didn't receive a Hone Fliers buff (which is quite common for me given that she carries Fortify in order to full power my flying bladetomes). So her refine is a welcome surprise indeed, though I haven't the slightest clue what to expect out of it for her.

• Options
    What the heck are we supposed to do with that aether resort currency? Mine is just piling up. I can't believe they try to get you to spend orbs on more of it when it's about as useless as arena medals.

• Options
    Acheron wrote: »
    What the heck are we supposed to do with that aether resort currency? Mine is just piling up. I can't believe they try to get you to spend orbs on more of it when it's about as useless as arena medals.

I've found you can use it to raise the building limit in Aether Resort (which I bumped into trying to add decorations). You get a little bit of stones for spending it.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Welp, I have now at least +1'd all 3*/4* pool heroes except for Gaius (I somehow promoted a +HP Gaius, which, fuck that, so I'm looking for a +ATK one to replace him... really wish I wouldn't have accidentally sent home that 3* one I pulled...).

Guess I'll move on to grail heroes... or maybe +10 female robin (with Alm being a bitch she's relevant again.. tempted to swap her blessing to not match male robin)

Edit: Or hmm, Kagero might also be another tempting +10 project if her new weapon is hype...

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Huh. I sunk-cost-fallacy'd way too many orbs into this legendary banner just trying to get any 5-star. I wonder if I should take one last shot at this 9.5% pity rate.

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    I had kind of been eyeballing Felicia as a potential +10 merge project at some point (in part because I have Mystic Boost fodder, in part because I have no +10 unit who is either colorless or ranged). But then someone brought it to my attention that Mystic Boost is possibly at its best enabling Alm to brave sword all day, and even though I don't have an Alm it makes me hesitant to use MB on someone else...because what IF I do, someday??? So yeah, Kagero would be a tempting alternative choice if her refine ends up being worthwhile.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I should probably plan out a team. I'm rapidly approaching 1M feathers

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    even though I don't have an Alm it makes me hesitant to use MB on someone else...because what IF I do, someday??? So yeah, Kagero would be a tempting alternative choice if her refine ends up being worthwhile.

I'd say it's far more likely you pull an extra Eir than pull an Alm, even if he weren't removed from "New Hero" banners.

• Options
    FREE PULL TIBARN WOOO

• Options
    FREE PULL TIBARN WOOO

Nice!! Mine was Bownoka... which, I already have like 4 dupes of and a +10 :/ More fodder I guess? :/

• Options
    Elincia has been on shitloads of banners and I've still never gotten her. I told myself I'd try all reds on my first circle of this banner and the new power one.

3 reds, laslow marth ares. Ugh. Not meant to be.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Free pull Elincia. Probably going to +1 because she's strong and getting a refine soon.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Uhhh what?
    https://youtu.be/IkaLwuiOqe8

Edit: RAIDDDDDSSSSSSS

Also music change features. Hype. They need to add way more tracks tho. Battle prep music isn't the most exciting... And there is sooooooo much already in the app from all the TTs, GHBs and Tap Battles

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    There's that way to spend resort money :) Actually a really great idea, because FE is chock full of amazing music and it let's you customize where you hear it in game.

The dynamax raids look cool too. Definitely a much better mode than tap battle for instance.

• Options
    I need to stop making important decisions when I'm this tired. I went to go give Tibarn Galeforce, said to myself, "So I need to upgrade a... Chrom, right?" And upgraded him to 5* before I remembered Chrom has Aether, not Galeforce. Well that's 20k feathers I'm never getting back. Hahaha at least Aether's a good skill, just gotta find someone who wants it. Maybe my Myrrh, finally? She's a mainstay of my Grand Conquest team but lacks survivability....

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    The sieges look rad, but after the Aether Raids hype whiplash, I'm keeping my expectations in check. I've described a hypothetical mode like this in the past, and the only real difference is that I thought it'd be neat if the giant enemies took up more than one tile. But I understand the significant change that would be and how it would limit map design, so I'm not sad that it didn't happen.

• Options
    I need to stop making important decisions when I'm this tired. I went to go give Tibarn Galeforce, said to myself, "So I need to upgrade a... Chrom, right?" And upgraded him to 5* before I remembered Chrom has Aether, not Galeforce. Well that's 20k feathers I'm never getting back. Hahaha at least Aether's a good skill, just gotta find someone who wants it. Maybe my Myrrh, finally? She's a mainstay of my Grand Conquest team but lacks survivability....

Yeah Aether is a super good skill so it's not really a wasted promote. I really like it on dragons, so myrrh is a good choice

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Steady Breath, Quick Riposte and Aether is a pretty good load out for dragons

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Thoughts on the weekly Gen 1 banners? I like it in theory, but some of the units are such duds that it's just an extra slap in the face that they weren't demoted. Who's excited for OG Lyn? Woohoo...

Acheron on
  • Options
    Thoughts on the weekly Gen 1 banners? I like it in theory, but some of the units are such duds that it's just an extra slap in the face that they weren't demoted. Who's excited for OG Lyn? Woohoo...

No I think it's great. Remember each one is a free summon. And it's not like you're FORCED to summon on them. They're just there if you want to, with a higher pull rate and no color sharing. In fact, I have a friend who is a huge Lyn fan that only started the game recently and would LOVE to pull OG Lyn. Also, not all of those heroes are bad. Celica is insanely good if you refine her weapon. Nephenee is also still super good. Just as examples. Plus a lot of them have good skill inheritence.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    It is me. I am excited at an opportunity to boost Lyn up another notch. My current Aether Defense team has two Lyns on it, and only a couple weeks ago it had a full four.

I'd rather boost Mia, but the rest of Lyn's banner is more desirable for me. Although a merge for Lute wouldn't be bad, either...

• Options
    Haha. Don't get me wrong, I'll always take free summons, and I'm glad for the people who get more shots at favorites. I just think it shouldn't have to be so hard for you guys! 3-4 star Lyns should be popping up everywhere!

• Options
    Haha. Don't get me wrong, I'll always take free summons, and I'm glad for the people who get more shots at favorites. I just think it shouldn't have to be so hard for you guys! 3-4 star Lyns should be popping up everywhere!

I agree, though it's tricky. Cuz the more 3*s and 4*s they add, the more oversaturated those pools are too. Then it's impossible to pull, say, Fury 3 fodder. Still though, I do think they should have strategically picked a handful of heroes to demote - a mix of favorites (i.e. OG Ike, OG Lyn, etc) and ones with decent but not OP fodder, like more sources for Fury 3 (ex: Eldigan), or finally letting Shield Pulse into the general pool with Saber. Stuff like that.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    My personal opinion is that they should demote those characters that are currently just kinda not available, and then divide the pools of 3* and 4* heroes such that different banners use different pools. So, a new banner could be using Pool A, which has the likes of Barst and OG Lyn in it. But then another banner could use Pool B, which has the likes of Hector and Selena.

It might be hard to balance the two, and maybe it's too complicated? But it's the best way I can think to keep adding characters into the 3-4* pools while actually having it be feasible to roll a specific one.

• Options
    This feels like the final nail in the coffin for demotes which is just such utter nonsense. You don't have to demote them all at once! Just give me one or two each update alongside the Weapon Refines!

But I am happy to have a weekly banner schedule. I've been wanting a reliable weekly (or daily) rotation like that for awhile. Maybe I'll get Minerva yet.

• Options
    This feels like the final nail in the coffin for demotes which is just such utter nonsense. You don't have to demote them all at once! Just give me one or two each update alongside the Weapon Refines!

But I am happy to have a weekly banner schedule. I've been wanting a reliable weekly (or daily) rotation like that for awhile. Maybe I'll get Minerva yet.

I wouldn't say that. Just give them time. I'm sure they're getting feedback about that (I'm pretty sure I've sent some). I wouldn't count out more demotions yet. It just might not happen immediately.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I'd like a banner with greater pull rates for 3*/4* Caedas since I need two more to finish +10ing my Caeda. It's kinda ridiculous since I swear that I could have +10'd Fir a dozen times.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Oh my god, Aether Raids are just...abject misery at this point. What are people even running on offense anymore?

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Oh my god, Aether Raids are just...abject misery at this point. What are people even running on offense anymore?

Honestly I got to tier 21 and like, at this point I don't give a shit how poor I do because it's all ass anyways. As long as I don't drop down it's like, whatever. I'll try to go up some tiers but if I don't do that well, *shrug* oh well

Warlock82 on