As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Man am I glad they are moving away from seasonals entirely for these banners. It's soooo much worse to get pity broken by some goddamn bunny costume vs say, Edelgard or Eir.

Green and Red are my colors for this one. Would love a Celica but legendary heroes seem kinda marginalized compared to mythics these days. Thrasir would be just fine too.

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    This is a pretty solid Legendary banner, with basically every color having a minimum of two good options. I'm not super interested in blue but Dimitri and the prospect of a Death Blow 4 / Lull Atk/Def value inherit is pretty fucking tasty. I'm not going to do much other than fish for that and try to snag an FGrima merge, though, I don't think.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I'm glad that Hall of Forms is back cause it's a ton of fun, but man is it hard to get Draug the first kill on a map sometimes. Also, now that I'm approaching the last couple of maps, it's getting pretty obvious that these are not exactly the best units in the game, even with some crazy skill setups.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I got lucky and landed DC on Draug pretty early. Of course, he's also the only person to even see Reposition, which is a joke on armor units.

• Options
    Only had about 300 orbs, but lucked into an insane haul from Celica's banner. No Celica... But 2 edelgards, 2 Thrasirs, 3 Ikes and a Roy.

Couldnt believe how Ike kept popping up time and again. Always wanted him +10 but didn't think it was a realistic goal. Well... Here he sits now at +9. I have only 10 orbs but will dump the next 10 days worth into a last ditch effort for +10. Otherwise I'll be waiting til May.

zxytsqjn36my.png

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    All I'm learning from Hall of Forms is that Merric is a tragic unit, struggling to land kills even with triangle advantage and heavy investment.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    All I'm learning from Hall of Forms is that Merric is a tragic unit, struggling to land kills even with triangle advantage and heavy investment.

My Merric got dark Excalibur, moonbow, atk/def solo, and rouse atk/def. He can run out and pop a guy with the first hit. But yeah these units are all wimps compared to last time. Brave Alm was a monster. I had an enemy FCorrin solo my whole team.

• Options
    I came across a 40 Caineghis and he was untouchable by my team. RIP.

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »
    Only had about 300 orbs, but lucked into an insane haul from Celica's banner. No Celica... But 2 edelgards, 2 Thrasirs, 3 Ikes and a Roy.

Couldnt believe how Ike kept popping up time and again. Always wanted him +10 but didn't think it was a realistic goal. Well... Here he sits now at +9. I have only 10 orbs but will dump the next 10 days worth into a last ditch effort for +10. Otherwise I'll be waiting til May.

buff ike

If it's any consolation, I leave a lot of units sitting at +9 just because it's a levelup that gives two really favorable stats, typically, and +10 doesn't. L!Ike uses all of his stats though, so I guess even Res is somewhat useful.

I have two 5* exclusive +10s and they both happened the same way, just some crazy run on a banner that I didn't expect where I got like 4 merges in 100-200 orbs.

• Options
    Has anyone figured out of there's any strategy to Mjolnir's Strike counter phase?

• Options
    I think it's best to wait til we are weaker like in a voting gauntlet. Not sure why it is 3 shots instead of 1 though...

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I honestly have no clue. I just do it immediately and it doesn't seem to matter

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Woo. Finally got L. Celica. She is - spd but I think it could be way worse

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    In my foolish attempts to leave this banner with maybe a Dimitri and FGrima merge, I walked away with two Peonys and three Eirs.

Fucking legendary banners, man.

• Options
    Dropped SS3 and Guard on Abel.

Dude is a Rokkr monster right now. Pretty fun unit, I'm not sure why I stayed away from earnest Cavalry projects for so long, outside of bonkers post-refine Eliwood.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Huh, got a free summon NY Selkie. She is +res - def, so pretty good. Basically any mage or dragon is in real trouble vs her. That damage reduction like close call is insanely powerful, not to mention her 44 res + 5 from the A skill.

Acheron on
  • Options
    Acheron wrote: »
    Huh, got a free summon NY Selkie. She is +res - def, so pretty good. Basically any mage or dragon is in real trouble vs her. That damage reduction like close call is insanely powerful, not to mention her 44 res + 5 from the A skill.

Yea I pulled that same selkie.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/LYA7d8PCIRU

I continue to find it amusing that the Hoshidan Heroes are apparently turning all the other Fire Emblem characters into huge weebs.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    "While you were summoning more Bartres, I studied the blade"

• Options
    edited January 2020
    So far I have been able to pull everyone but Anna :/ I am kinda out of orbs and not willing to throw more money at this thing, so I guess I'll see what I can scrounge up between TT and the daily stuff to try and get her still. Otherwise I might have to just wait until she's on a legendary banner or something :/ This is probably one of my most unlucky banners in quite awhile :(

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I tried for my last Ike and got another Hrid and Roy instead. Guess I'm waiting til May for +10, but these are not bad consolation prizes. A +1 +atk Roy is a beast, and I think I'll finally give my +10 Titania DC.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Oh side note, what a crummy update. I'm used to these having some cool stuff in them. This one is... we added some notifications for when your event shit is full... k? Everything else is kind of standard - new weapons/refines, fine... the shittiest aether raid building goes up a tier.. wooo? We fixed some typos and added some redundant info on summon circles... meh...

The event push notifications and the weapons are like the only two things worth looking forward to. (and even then we don't know if the new weapons will be good) Kind of hoping there's a surprise FEH channel or something coming that will announce something else coming with the update (we're due one soon for CYL 4/the anniversary next month)

Also, just a totally random aside... how the hell has Jakob not gotten a new weapon yet? (which will obviously be Jakob's Plate) Like, I don't care about him (I actually think he's kind of a shit character, especially with how he acts in Dwyer's paralogue) but he's a really popular one (god knows why) and maybe one of the worst heroes in the game (I know back when he was a 5*/4* he was THE WORST to pity break you... dude doesn't even have anything worth foddering him for). You'd think that would be exactly the kind of hero they'd prioritize... Honestly I'm amazed everyone with Silver weapons haven't gotten preferred weapons yet. Weird that they managed to make that the shittiest group of weapons in the game when they're typically the best in the main games :P (edit: Also, to be a little fair, EVERY Fates father acts like absolute shit to their child in his or her paralogue... it's bonkers)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    It's pretty lame but I'm always thrilled to see a unit I already have fully merged (Cordy) get a refine. I've had a lot of pitybreaker Leifs come my way too, so anything neat they can do for him is also of interest to me. If they can somehow get synergy with S-Drink in there, I'd be impressed.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Granblue, FGO, now Magia Record...where's our Fire Emblem Heroes TV anime?!

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Last week in Mjolnir I was in the top group and gained 3 tiers. Now I might go down one, lol. This is gonna be weird for a while as it shakes out.

Acheron on
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    https://youtu.be/Qd1r98y78wE

I'm pretty sure I called this exact banner a few months ago.. I'm gonna have to look

Edit: Yeah pretty much:
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Actually, I think that might work.
    -Larcei (red)
    -Altena (blue)
    -Tine (second blue, they do this sometimes...)
    -Ced (green - I mean, of course he's gonna have Forsetti)

Then Shannan could be the TT hero. Orrrrrr if we're not counting Shannan, throw Patty in as a colorless dagger. Then you could make Altena or Tine the free hero and you'd have a balanced color selection.

So no Tine, but I had Shannan on there anyways :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Huh, no new 3/4* this time.

• Options
    also apparently confirmed new astra is non-inheritable which is a shame. surprised they don't have a speed based glimmer

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mts wrote: »
    also apparently confirmed new astra is non-inheritable which is a shame. surprised they don't have a speed based glimmer

That's not a surprise. It looked like a fancy personal special.

Shame on no new 3*/4* - once again I forgot to check the end of the video so I didn't notice :P

• Options
    edited January 2020
    zzzz @ this banner. Will continue to hoard orbs so that the next Legendary or Mythic Banner can disappoint me again.

Final stats for last Legendary banner...

Goal: Dimitri x1 and FGRima x1.
    Results: Naga x2 Peony x2 Eir x2

fml

Kasyn on
  • Options
    I dropped Cordelia from my flier team a while back, but her refine might earn her a spot back. It's an improved Brave Lance, and the +EFF is +4 ATK/SPD when initiating with HP over 70%.

If you're running an L&D build she's so much of a glass cannon she's always going to be at either 100% HP or straight-up dead, so... big win.

• Options
    A lot of the reaction to her refine that I'm seeing seems overwhelmingly negative, which I do not understand at all. If you're fixated on building around Desperation in 2020 you are way behind the times. New refine is great for one of her strongest build.

Speaks to the powercreep we've gotten used to in refines that a moderately conditional Swift Sparrow Brave Lance is considered disappointing.

I also don't get the reaction to Leif's. His is quite solid! Doesn't put him near the top of the pile for infantry swords or anything, but that's like the deepest group in the entire game.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Proof that IS understands their fanbase :P

Edit:
    Kasyn wrote: »
    A lot of the reaction to her refine that I'm seeing seems overwhelmingly negative, which I do not understand at all. If you're fixated on building around Desperation in 2020 you are way behind the times. New refine is great for one of her strongest build.

Speaks to the powercreep we've gotten used to in refines that a moderately conditional Swift Sparrow Brave Lance is considered disappointing.

I also don't get the reaction to Leif's. His is quite solid! Doesn't put him near the top of the pile for infantry swords or anything, but that's like the deepest group in the entire game.

My only complaint is that being a brave weapon it has low might. My +10 +SPD Cordellia has 49 attack (unbuffed) :/ I had been using Cordie as a Firesweep flier before but I'll probably have to swap out her A skill (Heavy Blade) now. I gave her the refine tho, brave weapons are always pretty great, even with the low might. Not losing as much speed will be real helpful. Also honestly I wasn't even really using her. Hinoka has been my real +10 firesweep lance flier for forever :P So I don't really need another one.

Leif's refine is fine but not particularly exciting. But it's not bad or anything if you use him.

Rebecca's is laughably bad. Henry's amuses me because it triggers off his pitiful attack stat :D

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Conditional Swift Sparrow Brave Lance is disappointing in large part because Elincia already has an unconditional Swift Sparrow Brave Sword with an extra might over Cordy's Lance, anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Cordelia's Lance is godawful or anything. But I can understand the disappointment given that it makes next to nobody actually using her happy, since flier emblem has better blue lance options and tactics teams probably wanted her to have something besides a Brave weapon given that many people inherit a Firesweep or Slaying on her instead.

• Options
    Conditional Swift Sparrow Brave Lance is disappointing in large part because Elincia already has an unconditional Swift Sparrow Brave Sword with an extra might over Cordy's Lance, anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Cordelia's Lance is godawful or anything. But I can understand the disappointment given that it makes next to nobody actually using her happy, since flier emblem has better blue lance options and tactics teams probably wanted her to have something besides a Brave weapon given that many people inherit a Firesweep or Slaying on her instead.

Her Brave Lance build is probably the most or second most common way she's been built (I've used both) so I think there is a decent chunk of players out there who benefit from the new refine pretty nicely.

Can't really argue that there are better options, though, she's lost some of her luster over time - I think there are probably multiple 3*-4* blue fliers that are obviously, if not strictly better than her, but she's still really solid in that category.

• Options
    even if you didnt't take the effect you can do a speed refine and basically have a no speed loss harder hitting brave weapon.

I have a + spd fire sweep, hit and run build. tempted to try a quad hitting brave build for her, but not sure what she needs for that

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Managed to pull everyone (and even without the double red bullshit being an issue). Terrible IVs (like most of them are -SPD) but whatever, I have them :P

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    even if you didnt't take the effect you can do a speed refine and basically have a no speed loss harder hitting brave weapon.

I have a + spd fire sweep, hit and run build. tempted to try a quad hitting brave build for her, but not sure what she needs for that

Something like double Darting Blow?

• Options
    Swift Sparrow 3 or Atk/Spd Solo would do a lot for that build. Honestly, that and maybe a Spd boon or speed buff from Hone or Tactic would get you to a spot where you're quadding almost everyone but the speediest speedsters.

Quad builds need to find a balance between having enough speed to be reliable but not foregoing attack to the point where you're just hitting with a limp noodle four times. Thankfully Cordy has a good enough spread offensively to strike that balance.

Also: my last two pitybreakers have been Sumia and Kjelle. Please kill me.

• Options