As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    I realize the 3H lords + general popularity was a bummer to a lot of people, but damn does it feel good to have backed the wild card winner in these results

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    https://youtu.be/POoIZWjHA-g

Oh god Feh is multiplying!

Edit: Well fuck me.. A subscription service..

They know my weakness.. Pretty outfits T_T

Also literally everyone was right about the scroll things, tho it's implemented weirdly

As I side note, I was laughing so hard at the valentine's banner.. I'm here shouting at the screen "Go away Conrad, no one likes you!" and then like two minutes later "Also Conrad is going to be 4*"

Hahahaha... Get fucking rekt Conrad.. Literally the first holiday demote in three years...

Edit 2:

They learned from last year

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    On the one hand, the benefits of the subscription service almost seem worth it - but that's partially relative to the game's existing pricing schemes. On the other hand, as someone who doesn't even engage with all of the standard free content, it's not really content for me. If it cost half as much, I'd put consideration into actually paying into the game, but it'll be interesting to see how many people actually bite at this price point.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Well, +2 to all stats on Cordy for the FEH pass. Not so bad now that she's rocking a quad build with the new refine...

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

Alright, explain to me how Jorge managed to place 12th in the rankings. Is it some kind of community in-joke?

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I assume the +2 resplendent stats only apply in player phase, like summoner support. Of course between the ability to SS 3/5ths of your aether assault team and the arrival of resplendents, aether defenses have just become even more irrelevant.

I'm not in love with them locking quality of life upgrades like re-act or battle grind behind a paywall, though. Instead of fixing the boredom of SP grinding, churning training tower quests (~130 tower runs), or godawful Forging Bonds (like 150 runs under best conditions), they just made the fix a monthly paid feature. I would have thought them raking in $700 million on orb packages would have lessened the urge to set up subscriptions with incentives like these.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options

Alright, explain to me how Jorge managed to place 12th in the rankings. Is it some kind of community in-joke?

I *think* Jorge is a meme in Japan. I feel like I've heard that before

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Valentine's Faye appears to be holding a bow that fires hitachi magic wands.

Feh Pass seems actually pretty good for the price - I was expecting it to be $20 after hearing all the benefits.

Seems like they've finally provided a mechanism for Askr trio merges with the Mjolnir's strike rewards, though they weren't specifically shown.

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Merges? Don't you mean that sweet deathblow 2 fodder from a 4 star Alfonse?

My free seasonal summon ended up being summer laegjarn. Swift Sparrow 3 for someone. Already gave it to my LAlm, so not sure who to give it to next. Klein would have been good if he didn't already have deathblow 4. Perhaps my Elincia, though she needs a merge to remove speed babe first.

The new Hero Rises is gonna be hilarious again. Sorting the first heroes by "taps" is one thing, but showing the numbers to make it seem like they already have huge vote leads ... Hah. And then a voting gauntlet? Those awful events? Can't wait!!

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Man, $10 a month is a bafflingly high price to me, but the way the people talk about how it seems to be reasonable means there must be other gacha games out there that have monthly subs that charge even more for the same or less amount of QoL features. When I compare this to people complaining about Pokemon's DLC costing a one-time purchase of $30, Nintendo's online costing $20 a year, Pokemon Home costing $15 a year, or Destiny's Seasonal Pass costing $10 a quarter my mind is blown.

Opty on
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    $9.50 is a little steep, but about exactly what I expected. It's a shame that so much of the content is QoL stuff, though the changes are pretty nice. In my experience, most Gacha games that have a monthly sub tend to include a decent amount of QoL features, a lot of games without autobattle have it unlocked if you're a 'premium' member or whatever.

I can understand the reaction by the community, though I think there was no direction this could have gone where it would have been embraced by players. Either it's content that's paywalled, which people would have been self-righteous about, or it's QoL like we got, and here we are.

I think we have a few questions that need answering before judging how much value there is here.

1) How many of what kind of resources will be obtained through the special maps? If it's enough orbs to offset the value of the pass, and you throw in all the features of it, that's really not that bad.
    2) Will the resplendent costumes stay if your subscription lapses? If people could maybe selectively subscribe when a hero they really like is getting an outfit, that'd be nifty.

• Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Man, $10 a month is a bafflingly high price to me, but the way the people talk about how it seems to be reasonable means there must be other gacha games out there that have monthly subs that charge even more for the same or less amount of QoL features. When I compare this to people complaining about Pokemon's DLC costing a one-time purchase of $30, Nintendo's online costing $20 a year, Pokemon Home costing $15 a year, or Destiny's Seasonal Pass costing $10 a quarter my mind is blown.

Not only that but the features seem to be sold as ways to skip the grind/ not bother playing the current game like they have no confidence in people wanting to play the game.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    There's not enough features to justify $9.50 to me. I'll probably subscribe for a month if a Resplendant Hero I really care about shows up.

As for the random seasonal, I went with the riskiest color, blue. I mathed it out beforehand, and exactly half the heroes would have been a huge disappointment. But I missed Christmas Nino so now she's my most-wanted hero in the game, so I had to try. Other than that, Bunny Marisa was the only other one I'd be excited about. The other colors had better stats, but I went for it.

I got.... Bunny Marisa. Can't complain. My orbs are safe this Easter, at least for the rerun banners. But the search for Nino continues.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Yeah, the price seems steep to me for the payout. You're basically renting the following features:
    1. Two more summoner supports
    2. QoL upgrades to mitigate the ridiculous grind of some broken and obsolete parts of the game
    And buying these features:
    1. +5 merges (minus the score calc benefits, presumably) and bonus costumes on a selection of characters you have no control over (24 characters per year out of ~500 characters in the game so far)
    2. Some gimme quests, worth (assuming both sets a month are the same as the one shown) 10 orbs and a smattering of the other currencies (vs. ~55 cents per orb when purchased directly, also promos throwing in 20k feathers or whatever)

Personally the only thing of actual value is the resplendent heroes. The QoL upgrades are huge but I resent paying a subscription for features that should be fixed as part of the game instead, so I would never pay on that basis. The heroes offer a nice buff, but that's pretty dependent on which ones they reveal—based on these two, presumably they're starting with the gen 1 lower BST ones. I can't remember the last time I saw someone use original Lyn, but Cordelia is still pretty good and was my first +10, so that one is tempting.

I think it's a little overpriced, and if it was $20 it'd be insane.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    See I'm comparing it straight up as cost per orb. The $12.99 bundle is 23 orbs, which is about .56 an orb. I've stopped doing Tempest Trials beyond the seal rewards, I've given up entirely on anything past the bonus orbs in Forging Bonds.

So unless you're hardcore F2P, it doesn't take much to break even. Sure you can argue that QoL changes should be free, but currently they aren't and nobody is going to change IS's mind. I've been playing this game every day for 3 years and it's the most consistently good, F2P friendly mobile gacha I've ever seen. So I'm not mad at paying under $10 for two heroes and some F2P orbs I'd have passed up.

Wait. Have they said you actually get the resplendent hero? Like... I still don't have sword Lyn. Will I get a copy?

• Options
    I assume the +2 resplendent stats only apply in player phase, like summoner support.

See I figured it would act like dragonflowers. That seems like the easiest way to implement it to me, but I dunno.
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Wait. Have they said you actually get the resplendent hero? Like... I still don't have sword Lyn. Will I get a copy?

I don't think they said? But I feel like they will give you a copy. I mean, it's not gonna kill them to give out a gen 1 hero to people paying them money (especially someone like Cordellia who you should already have cuz she's in the 3*/4* pool :P). Certainly the way they presented it sounded like they would - you "get a Resplendent Hero" and not you "get a Resplendent Hero Costume"

• Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    I thought it was costume item for existing hero. I reckon a 4*/3* version will be available in a quest or banner during the release if its the case

• Options
    Ziggymon wrote: »
    I thought it was costume item for existing hero. I reckon a 4*/3* version will be available in a quest or banner during the release if its the case

I mean, it is (they've said you can turn it off and on). But I assume it's both.

• Options
    The interim hero Rises results are out. Seems like people mostly figured out the scrolling this time, but the top taps positions still got more love than they would have otherwise. Hilarious that legendary Ike is still 13th despite everyone already getting a free version. Since mine is +9, I might be one of the few who wouldn't mind a repeat. My real choice is legendary Celica or duo Ephraim though.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I hate that most of the list is just like, all the cancer units. Please, we don't need MORE Legendary Alms running around, thanks. At least fucking Legendary Celica isn't on there. She's even worse.

Edit: The list

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I feel like Engadget is the only news outlet that pointed out something that's obvious to me:
    The most-vocal users in gacha communities are often not the ones spending the money, though, and many FEH announcements have seen heavy dislikes followed by an increase in revenue. Feh Pass will be available in-game from February 5th.

https://www.engadget.com/2020/02/03/nintendo-mobile-subscription-fire-emblem-heroes-feh-pass/

Edit: I'm also kinda psyched about Feh pass because it's probably the only way I get a Cherche alt.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    Honestly Feh Pass is fine to me. The only issue I have with it is I feel the auto repeat feature should be a free update for everyone. That's a QOL thing the game has desperately needed and Dragalia already offers it for free. I see no reason to lock that behind a paywall. Everything else is fine tho.

• Options
    I'd consider getting a resplendent alt for an absolute favorite. Unlike orbs, it is something concrete for a set price. No gambling.

Lyn and Cordelia aint it though.

• Options
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Honestly Feh Pass is fine to me. The only issue I have with it is I feel the auto repeat feature should be a free update for everyone. That's a QOL thing the game has desperately needed and Dragalia already offers it for free. I see no reason to lock that behind a paywall. Everything else is fine tho.

One thing I haven't seen talked about is how this will stratify scoring tiers in TT+. Going to be a lot harder for folks without auto-repeat to compete with the brute efficiency with which pass users can now find their way into the upper tiers. I'd love to see a before and after in terms of the minimum score for each rank breakpoint when the next Tempest Trials finishes.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    As someone who does 3 TT runs a day and that's it, I'm surprised to hear people actually are fighting for top spot on the leaderboard

• Options
    Opty wrote: »
    As someone who does 3 TT runs a day and that's it, I'm surprised to hear people actually are fighting for top spot on the leaderboard

It's one of the few modes where a little extra work can garner some pretty decent extra feathers. I don't give a shit about the leaderboard, but it's usually not much work to hit 50k in the score and then try to get into the 50k or higher tier on rank. If it were just a few hundred more feathers, I probably wouldn't care, but the different in tiers is several thousand. All the better if you're autobattling with some units you want to farm HM on, since I'm not much of a fan of grinding HM through Rival Domains.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Confirmed - when a Resplendent Hero is released, that unit immediately joins you. No idea what happens if your barracks are already full.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    KO 1,000 foes in two weeks, huh? Must be incentivizing the auto-start feature.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Auto-start is fine, but it has the same problem that auto battling TT does - your phone is still going to go to sleep unless you babysit it.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Confirmed - when a Resplendent Hero is released, that unit immediately joins you. No idea what happens if your barracks are already full.

My guess is you get the popup to clean out your barracks (like when you summon over the limit) and/or they are stuck in your mailbox.
    Andy Joe wrote: »

Spam Rival Domains :P Which you can't use auto start on sadly (riiiiippp feather farming.. I may leave feedback on this :3). No stamina cost, lots of kills, ez :P

Edit: Oh, and regarding the leak video I posted above:
    I'm calling that banner as having Nils, Erk, Rath and one other that's harder to pin down. Top choices IMO are Kent/Sain (one or the other), Pent, Louise (but maybe not if Rath is there), Athos. Or I could see Wallace or Marcus as a 4*

Edit 2: Oh oh! Could we finally get a Nergal GHB? (TT+ this month is Valentine's Silque so it would likely be a GHB)

Warlock82 on
  • Options

My guess is you get the popup to clean out your barracks (like when you summon over the limit) and/or they are stuck in your mailbox.

Spam Rival Domains :P Which you can't use auto start on sadly. No stamina cost, lots of kills, ez :P

Yeah now would be a good time for Grand Conquests...

• Options

Spam Rival Domains :P Which you can't use auto start on sadly. No stamina cost, lots of kills, ez :P

Edit: Oh, and regarding the leak video I posted above:
    I'm calling that banner as having Nils, Erk, Rath and one other that's harder to pin down. Top choices IMO are Kent/Sain (one or the other), Pent, Louise (but maybe not if Rath is there), Athos.

Hmm not enough girls for IS. Probably more like multiple Pegasus sisters, a Ninian alt, and Nils.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Oh shit, you're right :P There's no way they would do an all male banner. I guess if we assume the 4* is going to be a 5th hero (like in previous ones), this list still holds (the first three). You just need two females. Louise then maybe (tho I still don't know if they'd want two archers...). Maybe Vaida?

I do think they are done with alts though - it seems like they realized they are unpopular. Resplendent heroes (and seasonals obviously) are probably how they're gonna do them now. Exception to be made for characters in multiple games (i.e. like the semi recent release of Echoes Catria). Edit: Ok, done with alts unless it's an alt banner, like the Fallen Heroes ones they've done and such.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Got really lucky on this one. Managed to pull everyone without using too many orbs (~100ish). Got Alm+Celica on literally my last 5 orbs :P lol.. Not all of em have the best IVs (Faye is -ATK, ick) but whatever :P

• Options
    Is it just me or is the enemy pool for this TT full of red swords? My main team of Cherche, B!Camilla, and L!Azura can normally mop the floor of Lunatic 7 while the bonus unit sits in a corner, but this time it seems a lot more of a nuisance.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Is it just me or is the enemy pool for this TT full of red swords? My main team of Cherche, B!Camilla, and L!Azura can normally mop the floor of Lunatic 7 while the bonus unit sits in a corner, but this time it seems a lot more of a nuisance.

I haven't really noticed, but then my main squad is like F!Grima, S!Young Tiki and Myrrh :P The only thing I've noticed is that Rudolf is a son of a bitch holy shit... (hate when they make the end boss of the TTs hard.. at least my auto team seems to be doing ok)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Rudolf is like a little Blue Surtr. Somehow has even more attack though. Had to change to Nino getting buffs from Silque to blow him away.