As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I mean, once he does something he can be assisted again, so it's not that much of a detriment. It just means he can't be like chain-danced or something. But if he ends his turn you can dance him.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Yeah I don't think he will be super OP or anything, was just envisioning the AI making him zoom all the way to your flying dancer out of nowhere.

• Options
    Acheron wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think he will be super OP or anything, was just envisioning the AI making him zoom all the way to your flying dancer out of nowhere.

lol.. you give the AI too much credit. More likely he'll just get stuck in an infinite loop of repositions :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Actually, I think it's a super-reposition, not a super pivot. My read is that it repos an ally, dances them, buffs them, and isolates them.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I think it depends if you read it as Chrom or the other unit gets to move again. They use unit rather than target so it seems like chrom moves the person, then goes again but can't be assisted again

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mts wrote: »
    I think it depends if you read it as Chrom or the other unit gets to move again. They use unit rather than target so it seems like chrom moves the person, then goes again but can't be assisted again

Yeah but Chrom positions the unit behind him, thus it's a reposition. Pivot would suggest the unit being targeted doesn't move at all.

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Warlock82 wrote: »

lol.. you give the AI too much credit. More likely he'll just get stuck in an infinite loop of repositions :P

I've found the AI doesn't take the extra action into account when choosing to use Future Vision, pretty much just using it like a standard Swap, ie. moving an ally out of danger and not using it if no allies are within your attack range, even if they could score a kill if they did.

On the other hand the AI seems to have no problem using Reposition just because it can...

homogenized on
  • Options
    After being underwhelmed by Fiora and her new skill, I decided the real prize was the guard Lance. The rest followed... Been holding onto some fodder waiting for a tank I liked, and Valbar fit the bill. Maybe he will be +10 someday!

ewuehdaofb5h.png

• Options
    Yeah I definitely misread it. Chrom repositions an ally, Chrom gains another action, Chrom buffs himself, and inflicts Isolation on himself. You could absolutely fling someone into the danger zone and then dance them.

I still wouldn't take it over Gray Waves, though, and I don't need two ranged blue supports on a team.

• Options
    I'm pissed they moved LIke to July from May. Gonna be +9 forever unless they were to add him to divine codes somehow (I wish!).

Said I'd love Julia or Chrom... Of course I get an Azura. Sigh. Another +atk too, which I realize I don't want.

Did manage to beat Abyssal Chrom though. Used Micaiah and Brave Ike. Dominating the armor and cavalry with Micaiah was super helpful. She handled the red mages easily too.

• Options
    I got Chrom on like literally my last 4 orbs

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Fucking hell. I was about 8 turns into a pretty successful first attempt at Abyssal Chrom and he blew me up with Change the Future, and I was tapping the screen and hit restart instead of restart turn.

Edit:This is a tough fight for Flier Emblem.

Edit: zzpdjyqqiodh.png

Bullllllshit

Delzhand on
  • Options
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/fadoqj/guide_legendary_hero_battle_chrom_abyssal_no_si/

i made it through most of that until the lance infantry ended up one space higher than in the video and he was able to kill my azura

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I use my uber Celica to cheese all these abyssal maps :3

• Options

yea I used L Celica and 3 dancers for all but the abyssal

camo_sig.png
  • Options

yea I used L Celica and 3 dancers for all but the abyssal

I just used regular Celica :P Refined Ragnarok is no joke :P That + Brazen Atk/Spd 4 + Brazen Atk/Def seal + Res Smoke + Desperation = delete all the things

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Ever since I built a +10 core of Firesweep / Distant Counter/ Null-C Soleil, Life and Death / Special Spiral Kagero with Blazing Wind, and Galeforce Swift Sparrow Clair, I haven't had much trouble with abyssal maps. Backed by Legendary Azura of course, with Speed Tactic inherit and Attack Tactic seal.

• Options
    what special do you run on Celica? I had her with blazing light, but dunno if that is optimal

also I have no idea who i want to win this voting guantlet.

feel like sothis or alfonse maybe altina, but crippled with indecision

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    what special do you run on Celica? I had her with blazing light, but dunno if that is optimal

also I have no idea who i want to win this voting guantlet.

feel like sothis or alfonse maybe altina, but crippled with indecision

Just Glimmer IIRC. I dunno if it's optimal but it works :P

And yeah, I went Altina. Mostly because she is one of the less annoying ones to deal with if everyone has a copy (man, fuck Legendary Alm winning...)

• Options
    Voted for Sothis. Mythic version. Like her voice acting in 3H, and her kit in heroes is insane.

• Options
    Voted for Sothis. Mythic version. Like her voice acting in 3H, and her kit in heroes is insane.

Mythic Sothis is good. Christmas Sothis is cancer so I hope she doesn't win :P

• Options
    Just wait til Tobin gets his refine. Winter Sothis won't stand a chance! :P

• Options
    Bleh. I can't clear Abyssal Chrom with my flier team.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Mostly because she is one of the less annoying ones to deal with if everyone has a copy (man, fuck Legendary Alm winning...)

This is the event where they get a special version like Vanguard Ike, right? Any of these characters could be way more annoying juiced up than they already are.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Well it's kind of like vanguard Ike in that everyone gets a copy. But there isn't a new alt like CYL. Just a copy of the unit that wins.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Well in that case I guess I want Azura to win. Everyone at the higher tiers already has her, so it's not going to make any difference to PvP, and she's flat out the most useful unit in the game and would make the biggest difference for anyone who doesn't have her.

Also, the world doesn't need any more Cancer Alms.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Bleh. I can't clear Abyssal Chrom with my flier team.

I fucking did it! I had to swap B!Camilla for Peony, but galeforce Cherche and Cordelia swept the board!

• Options
    Still making no headway on Abyssal Sothis, though. The two armors that spawn behind you are crazy strong. Wary Fighter and Armor March on both of them.

• Options
    Kinda shocked my top 4 choices in the gauntlet all won. Really wouldn't be upset with any of the winners now. I do already have an Altina, but her IVs suck so I'd merge into the neutral one. Other 3 are all new. Probably would fodder the Fonse though (hate seasonals and that's some damn good fodder).

• Options
  • Options

I always found Feh Channel to be a little tedious, with the delivery being a bit too saccharine, but knowing that Tierney won't be doing it going forward... I kinda miss it? It definitely had a unique charm.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    The Japanese version of the new character reveal trailer went up early before getting taken down after a couple minutes, so beware spoilers for the next, uh, few hours or so.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    The Japanese version of the new character reveal trailer went up early before getting taken down after a couple minutes, so beware spoilers for the next, uh, few hours or so.

Yeah, thanks email notifications :p
    Edit: lol, they gave up and just posted it now:
    https://youtu.be/k6EM7Cp-ayE

Thank you intern-kun!

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Flame emperor there at the end, new TT or GHB?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Flame emperor there at the end, new TT or GHB?

GHB

• Options
    I lost all my orbs but succeeded in getting Brave Ike to +10. First ever 5 star exclusive +10!

He is a monster and is hilarious to use. Ended up going +spd mainly for AR defense memes. I put him on a double Yune defense team for +8 speed and he has 45... Haha. Then put guard and ignis and DC. Good luck killing him!

• Options
    I lost all my orbs but succeeded in getting Brave Ike to +10. First ever 5 star exclusive +10!

He is a monster and is hilarious to use. Ended up going +spd mainly for AR defense memes. I put him on a double Yune defense team for +8 speed and he has 45... Haha. Then put guard and ignis and DC. Good luck killing him!

His refine is really nuts. I see him all the effin time in aether raids now and I hate him. He's so tanky

• Options

His refine is really nuts. I see him all the effin time in aether raids now and I hate him. He's so tanky

yea, his refine made him so much better
    I gave him shield pulse and aegis/pavise so he basically is a giant wall

I do have a spare Nailah and can go the distant counter null c-disrupt path but duno

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Altina wins. It seemed like the most coordinated, intelligent VG behavior I'd seen. Altina got a late multiplier but didn't score that much on purpose so they could line up a x12 that final hour.

I'd have preferred Sothis but hey, free Altina is still pretty awesome.

• Options
    What a random-ass assortment of units the Divine Codes have access to.