As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Azur Lane] Access Mode: GRIDMAN UNIVERSE Rerun!

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Hope you still got cubes leftover.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »

what is this "left over" you speak of

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I'm gonna link it rather than embed but Turbo Akagi Taihou confirmed.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    For those who care, there's a staff interview video.

And re: the skin preview at the end...
    Starship Enterprise skin?

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options

Bust out the vodka Avrora's event is coming.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Holy crap, that was down to the wire. I'd been using every cube I could scrape together trying to get Alabama and Baltimore, but had no luck. I got a bunch of Aylwin, a couple of Birmingham's, but the boob crew eluded me. Yesterday I finally got Alabama. I had 11 cubes this morning and did a 5 pull and my 4th draw was Baltimore.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Holy crap, that was down to the wire. I'd been using every cube I could scrape together trying to get Alabama and Baltimore, but had no luck. I got a bunch of Aylwin, a couple of Birmingham's, but the boob crew eluded me. Yesterday I finally got Alabama. I had 11 cubes this morning and did a 5 pull and my 4th draw was Baltimore.

Well, I have 209 cubes--I suppose I might as well burn a few and try and get Baltimore. So far I only ran into Birmingham and Aylwin unsurprisingly.

• Options
    Fortunately the chat border reward's been extended to two weeks after event end if you care about that. Hope you've got enough Purins and dupes to max out Bama, Balti and Cavalla!

Also for those who don't get EN News pings, tonight's update will necessitate an app update. Please ensure you've bound your account to at least one recovery method and keep your username and account ID handy juuust in case.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    So of course they announce Yuubari like a week after I got Ibuki.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Man. Just when I think it's finally time to bench RNGer she suddenly clutches the D3 boss with multiple extra airstrikes.

EDIT: Trophy get. Also dropped my first fiver for gems so I won't have to worry about dock space for a while. Don't forget to bind those accounts, and I'll see you all on the other side!

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    TNTrooper wrote: »

what is this "left over" you speak of

I mean if you wanna spend gems, before the reset is the best time as they're resetting the double gems bonus.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    There, OP is updated after like ten edits to fix stuff.

App updates are also live. Go hit those up so you don't have to wait later.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Ianator wrote: »
    There, OP is updated after like ten edits to fix stuff.

App updates are also live. Go hit those up so you don't have to wait later.

It was a 1GB download for me. Trying to log in but getting a hash check failed, so I'm guessing servers aren't up yet and there's still more in-app updates to download.

Edit: I was able to finish updating, but the servers are still undergoing maintenance.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    i got Taihou and Essex in 40 builds

that's good enough for now

• Options
    I think I spent 30 to 40 cubes trying to obtain Baltimore and Alabama. No dice. I can live with that, I really do want another Japanese carrier (and I doubt I'm going to get Akagi or Kaga any time soon).

• Options
    edited August 2019
    If you've been keeping up on logins you can now redeem Michishio from the monthly and Kirishima from the event. Albacore too for completing the final coloring book.

Also got Essex among my midnight pulls. That plus two consecutive Taihou the other day means I just need Temmie to call the event complete.

...Now for the mad dash to earn three more Purins in the next eight days for that chat border.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Still no Taihou, though I did get Essex...I'm doing the usual "3 builds a day". Well, patience (or just accept that I have bad luck).

I think I need to do something like clear 3-star stages 110 more times to actually unlock Saratoga's cute seal lion skin. Arg. That might be beyond me.

• Options
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Still no Taihou, though I did get Essex...I'm doing the usual "3 builds a day". Well, patience (or just accept that I have bad luck).

I think I need to do something like clear 3-star stages 110 more times to actually unlock Saratoga's cute seal lion skin. Arg. That might be beyond me.

Yeah, I haven't really tried for the skin. I'm just not in the mood for grinding, and nothing about it screams "GET ME" to me.

I got Taihou and Essex with maybe 10 pulls total, so I got lucky on this one. I don't really care about the other ships, so I'm just doing 1 pull a day now for the mission reward. I still need 4 gold bulins to complete the border reward, so that should be interesting.

• Options
    I don't even use Saratoga (I already have more American carriers than I know what to do with, ironic given the shortage of vanguard ships). That being said, I think it's very cute, and it's technically "free."

I'm hoping my shit luck with Baltimore will translate to getting Taihou quickly. I do want another Japanese carrier more strongly, so I might burn through cubes if I get dseparate enough.

• Options
    I think I got most of my progress towards the Saratoga skin during Ashen Simulacrum. On any of these large events I'll 3* the Normal stages for most of the rewards and then do minimal clears of the Hard sorties to get the trophy.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I ended up just trying to get as many new stages as possible, which screwed me over. The fact that you only get it for stages that you already 3-starred, as far as I know...

• Options
    The Saratoga points aren't limited to 3-starred stages I think. They are limited to Normal mode for main story stages so you aren't getting any for your Dailies and Hard modes.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Ianator wrote: »
    The Saratoga points aren't limited to 3-starred stages I think. They are limited to Normal mode for main story stages so you aren't getting any for your Dailies and Hard modes.

That must've been it. I spent so much time on the actual event stages (for obvious reasons).

• Options
    The Event missions did award Saratoga points for both Normal and Hard difficulties. If you were just doing the early ones once per day for the triple event points then yeah you're probably gonna come up a bit short.

Also, patchnotes. Summer Festival, triple Core Data, Exeter and Achilles retros, Gear Skin boxes and MEOWFFICERS

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Yes~ I've been waiting for those

• Options
    God help me but I think I'm going to use the reward tomorrow on Sandy. I already have the other choices (as far as I know) fully limit broken and her retrofit is supposed to be coming soon. All of the Sandys that I've thrown away....

• Options
    edited August 2019
    I do believe the item stays in your Depot until you choose to open it, just in case your Dock space is at a premium.

I'm not exactly in a hurry to retro Sandy in a day anyways.

EDIT: Uh oh. Gear Skin boxes means gold may be in short supply these next few weeks.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Meowfficers and Gear Skin on the same patch with Sandy retrofit coming probably next week. Right after back to back limited constructions and still in the middle of the PR blueprint grind. That is a lot of gold sinks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    God help me but I think I'm going to use the reward tomorrow on Sandy. I already have the other choices (as far as I know) fully limit broken and her retrofit is supposed to be coming soon. All of the Sandys that I've thrown away....

I can finally get Atago, at least. She as the only one I was missing from that list.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Wow, this first cat is almost perfectly suited for my Royal clear fleet. Marble with Battleship Loading and Cruiser Artillery. Also bought two more boxes and one of them's an SR.

...This is gonna be RNG hell, isn't it?

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Yes, there is no Bullin equivalent for cats so you need to roll the same cat 5 times to fully LB it and get its skill to level 3. Oh and those starting abilities like Battleship Loading and Cruiser Artillery are random and can't be rerolled so save your dupes to see if you get the dual stats, faction buffs, or rainbow abilities.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    i've heard that meowfficers are basically a long term project much like PR so it's not like it's necessary to blow a bunch of money on them out the gate

edit: that being said i am absolutely going to blow a bunch of money on them out of the gate because i make incredibly responsible decisions

Orphane on
  • Options
    Shooting Gallery is kicking my butt. Fortunately the other two games aren't so bad.

And since I didn't notice yesterday, once you play a round of Fireworks Workshop there'll be a launch button back at the main Festival screen. It's pretty cool and uses whatever colors you picked!

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Shooting gallery I think is mainly focused on looking for the 10 pointers and shoot it 3 times. The cursor is so hard to see though.

I find the memory game the easiest.

• Options
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    The prophecy is being fulfilled.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Looks like to retrofit Sandy you have to get an item during the event, a microphone, so make sure you grab that.

• Options
    Shooting Gallery is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. There is 2x 10 point targets and 4x 5 point targets. When you hit a target the remaining ones change positions so just go for those and ignore the 2 point targets since the time lost to the repositioning isn't worth it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019

So much stuff they needed two tweets to post everything (with that completed anniversary graphic, of course). Yay for two more fleet slots! Also don't forget, today is your last opportunity for the "Wings of Freedom" chat frame.

EDIT: There was a tease for an upcoming ship...
    ribe5m18wyi31.jpg

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List