As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

we still need to talk about [My Hero Academia]

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Apparently the new MHA spin-off manga will be all about the UA kids teaming up with pro heroes in standalone stories which

Hell yeah I'll read that

GIVE FROPPY HER OWN SERIES

Ok, but part of why I like Froppy is she’s a great support character! I like how she interacts with all the other students.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    This chapter 236, uh:
    JFC this chapter!

Mon-chan noooo. You didn't deserve this! You were a good dog!

This legit upset me, because whenever I'm upset my dog can just sense it and comes and finds wherever I am in the house and lays down on me, just like the dog in this chapter. They very notion of hurting a dog boils my blood. You fill them with love and you get manifold returns on it.

Aside: when I checked the reddit thread for this chapter, 1000 people also had the same JFC reaction.

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus christ

chapter 236

just

hooooly fuck

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Somewhere, in Universe B, where Shigaraki's dad wasn't a rat bastard, Shigaraki ends up becoming a Pro Hero specializing in disaster site rescue.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Apparently the new MHA spin-off manga will be all about the UA kids teaming up with pro heroes in standalone stories which

Hell yeah I'll read that

GIVE FROPPY HER OWN SERIES

I liked that episode with Selkie.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular

Hell yeah I'll read that

I'm cool with this as long as it doesn't mean that some of the smaller characters won't get their time to shine in the main series.

One of my favorite parts of the MANGA SPOILERS
    Overhaul arc was getting to see Kirishima do dope shit. He jumped up my favorite character list after that. Not to mention Mirio being the actual best.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »

Hell yeah I'll read that

I'm cool with this as long as it doesn't mean that some of the smaller characters won't get their time to shine in the main series.

One of my favorite parts of the MANGA SPOILERS
    Overhaul arc was getting to see Kirishima do dope shit. He jumped up my favorite character list after that. Not to mention Mirio being the actual best.
    Yeah that was really cool, and Crimson Riot Unbreakable looks really nasty

• Options
    Kirishima is part of the ‘main’ gang - the students on whom there’s a heavier focus - so I definitely think we’ll see more of him in the main series regardless! They’ve really set him up as the class unifier/peacemaker.

I had a MHA ending song stuck in my head this morning, but I couldn’t remember its name (or even the accompanying animation for Mori to help me narrow it down!) so instead I listened to Peace Maker on repeat. That fixed the issue!

• Options
    I’ve been reading Vigilantes and it’s not as good as regular MHA. I don’t think it’s terrible but it’s definitely missing something.
    I did like Ingenium showing up, though!

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Volume 24 cover is out. Massive spoilers for up-to-date manga
    EAS53XlXoAANCpY?format=jpg&name=large

Horikoshi demonstrates his western influences again with the tagline

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I’ve been reading Vigilantes and it’s not as good as regular MHA. I don’t think it’s terrible but it’s definitely missing something.

Yeah, it's alright. I don't mind it existing, and I enjoy the fleshing out of the world it does. I just wish it had something it felt like it was moving towards, as an ending.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    vigilantes is the penance we pay for mha not being a weekly naruto

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    When I read "Spinoff with other UA students working with pro heroes" I somehow misinterpreted it as Marvel heroes and I was all out hyped for a minute there.

Regardless:
    Deku - Cap (leadership and tactics)
    Froppy - Spider-Man (Similar ability set)
    Bakugo - Wolverine (Anger management, drinking)

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Yeah, it's alright. I don't mind it existing, and I enjoy the fleshing out of the world it does. I just wish it had something it felt like it was moving towards, as an ending.

Its not moving towards anything becuase its basically filler and can't
    I dont like how it makes up things like a deadly super drug nobody ever mentions again in the main series ,has quirks like " is a bee hive except it takes over a persons body through their eye and the bees do things" that dont line up with how we're shown quirks actually work and then ignores they are in fact criminals that heroes willfully ignore despite the main series showing that would not be the case for any of them. Oh and the main characters life was ruined by child abuse and it's played for laughs

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Who’s the worst Marvel hero? Whoever they are they’re too good to work with Mineta

• Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Who’s the worst Marvel hero? Whoever they are they’re too good to work with Mineta

Starfox

Hellbore on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Hellbore wrote: »

Starfox
    Don't encourage Mineta.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Gran Torino is amazing

• Options
    I love young Gran Torino.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    New heat-reveal work coffee mug

2019-07-26%2009.29.40.jpg

Also my Aizawa figpin is out for delivery, whee

Janson on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Cyclops can tell Mineta all about his relationship problems while Mineta just screams endlessly.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I need some merch!

• Options
    I think it says something about Vigilantes when the most excited I get about it is when one of the heroes from MHA shows up.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I like vigilantees :(

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I don’t think it’s terrible! I just like the mainline MHA folks so much better! Although I do like Knuckleduster.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »

I really adore how into this show people become so swiftly

• Options
    I have like five MHA shirts now

I am wearing UA socks and a Mirio shirt right now!

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    On the topic of of promotional crossovers, how weird would it be right now for MHA x X-Men right now while they’re in the middle of House of X/Powers of X?

Characters who are *essentially* mutants, living in a world where 80% of the human population possess Quirks which are strictly regulated, going to a world where the current status quo is a new separatist movement that sees Mutantkind rejecting assimilation with humanity for yet another sovereign mutant nation?

Like I know the appeal for cross promotions like that are “COOL ADVENTURE” but given what we have now with the Meta Liberation Army arc, the stuff going on in X-Men, I’m curious actually how those two world views clash

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Anzekay wrote: »

I really adore how into this show people become so swiftly

Haha, I’m a little embarrassed at how I refused to watch the show at first. Now I’m consuming just about everything MHA-related out there!

I think having a large cast helps; there’s a favourite for everyone. And while I’m not a big fan of most things super-hero, I like the premise of a world where it’s the norm.

• Options
    Vigilantes
    I think I prefer Midnight’s casual clothes to her hero costume

• Options
    Lanz wrote: »
    On the topic of of promotional crossovers, how weird would it be right now for MHA x X-Men right now while they’re in the middle of House of X/Powers of X?

Characters who are *essentially* mutants, living in a world where 80% of the human population possess Quirks which are strictly regulated, going to a world where the current status quo is a new separatist movement that sees Mutantkind rejecting assimilation with humanity for yet another sovereign mutant nation?

Like I know the appeal for cross promotions like that are “COOL ADVENTURE” but given what we have now with the Meta Liberation Army arc, the stuff going on in X-Men, I’m curious actually how those two world views clash

At least 5 X-men have MHA power proxies already

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Froppy is Spider-Man, but frogs.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Froppy is Spider-Man, but frogs.

Well Toad but also that

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I can’t remember if it’s a fan thing, but I remember each animal-named quirk including the “does whatever a [x] can” line, either x is “Frog”, “Spotted Seal”, or what have you.

Enlong on
  • Options
    It's absolutely an official thing. They do it for Froppy, Selkie, and Gang Orca.

• Options
    When are we going to learn more about Sansa?

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    It's absolutely an official thing. They do it for Froppy, Selkie, and Gang Orca.

Did they ever actually do it for Spinner?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Radius wrote: »

Did they ever actually do it for Spinner?

He just explained his quirk a few weeks ago

King Riptor on
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    but did they say
    "Can do basically everything a Gecko can" it's important for the joke, you see.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »
    but did they say
    "Can do basically everything a Gecko can" it's important for the joke, you see.

Im almost positive he says my power gecko lets me do what a gecko can

• Options
    When are we going to learn more about Sansa?

A cat that’s a cop is a damn class traitor