As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Y'know on the first day I was playing I stumbled across the tutorial for the Index somewhere, and from the first minute I saw Nef Anyo I liked him and assumed he was a good guy or at least neutral guy. I love that his beard thing evokes a constantly scrolling stock ticker, that is brilliant. From what I gather he's a bad guy but it's too late, I like him.

Just wait until you get to interact with him a bit more. He's basically a Prosperity Gospel megachurch pastor.

See that's even better. We need people IRL to have LCD beard stock tickers screaming about profit!
    You weren't there for False Profit, the scars run deep.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Y'know on the first day I was playing I stumbled across the tutorial for the Index somewhere, and from the first minute I saw Nef Anyo I liked him and assumed he was a good guy or at least neutral guy. I love that his beard thing evokes a constantly scrolling stock ticker, that is brilliant. From what I gather he's a bad guy but it's too late, I like him.

Just wait until you get to interact with him a bit more. He's basically a Prosperity Gospel megachurch pastor.

See that's even better. We need people IRL to have LCD beard stock tickers screaming about profit!
    You weren't there for False Profit, the scars run deep.

I mean, I wasn't either, but that doesn't stop me from easily noticing Nef may very well be the most properly evil antagonist we have in Warframe right now.

Which of course makes him a great character, we are all waiting with anticipation the day when we can stab Nef in his stupid truck face and that is good villain writing!

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Got 6000 Kuva from Sortie and decided to re-roll some rivens. Seems like Akstilleto is way too low on the disposition scale to yield anything worthwhile, but my Hikou riven turned out pretty decent:

+78.1 % Multishot
    +65.4 % Status Duration
    +55.8 % Fire Rate
    -48.6% Critical Damage

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Nef is a fine cartoon supervillain but he's no Vay Hek

Also thanks whoever put the forma in the dojo trade machine on switch!

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Vay Hek is terrible and one-note. I do admire their dedication to keeping him that way, through; it really sells the whole Grineer status quo.

• Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular

*tips fedora*

I wasn't sure what the different colors of the decorations meant at first. Took a closer look a little while ago, achieved enlightenment, and forma'd up the trading post as well as the vault.

...aaaaaaand succumbed to weakness and fed the Chem lab some plat to hurry it along. :) Detonite Injector research should be underway.

I'll have another forma tomorrow for the next hallway connector so we can get a bio lab going next to its siblings.

And the first projects started in the Tenno Lab are complete! Duplicated a few blueprints for myself, I'm excited to play with the new toys.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    The energy lab is also done now so we can start the long road towards unlocking helios research and getting people the sentinel that makes scanning not suck.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

This is the next step in the plague known as the prosperity gospel, I'm sure of it.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    The energy lab is also done now so we can start the long road towards unlocking helios research and getting people the sentinel that makes scanning not suck.

I was all for this earlier but honestly getting helios prime from cracking relics was super easy. >_>

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options

I was all for this earlier but honestly getting helios prime from cracking relics was super easy. >_>

Arca Plasmor > *

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I feel like the Energy Lab has the greatest quantity of absurdly powerful weapons, but Grineer and Tenno are no slouches.

Bio Lab is expensive poopsoup.

• Options
    It was funny reading about the orokin lab on the wiki.

"The orokin lab is where you can make solar rails! By the way, they made them useless back in 2015!"

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

Vay Hek is terrible and one-note. I do admire their dedication to keeping him that way, through; it really sells the whole Grineer status quo.

Vay Hek is a GWAR show come to life in game.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    WELP I'm nev er getting the Mastery Rank 8 test unless there's some way to cheat it! Because I literally cannot make those jumps.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    WELP I'm nev er getting the Mastery Rank 8 test unless there's some way to cheat it! Because I literally cannot make those jumps.

I watched a youtube video on it and read a little and it helped immensely.

Two things I needed to learn which I had not known before:

You can bullet jump from standing still, just crouching, and you jump in the direction you're aiming. So if it's really high up, aim up, and you will jump straight up so far. And can then double jump.

You can GLIDE by holding the aim button, and it is incredible for slowing things down and making sure you land where you want to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD1dOU5Yi3Q&pbjreload=10

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Bullet jump, double jump, air dodge, slide+aim glide.

Or use Zephyr, since she's innately floaty and falls slower. And can literally fly with her 1. (Or Titania to fly with her 4)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I don't think you can use her 1 in the test.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    I don't think you can use her 1 in the test.

Hmm. I can't recall which tests do and don't allow ability cheating offhand.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Limbo can also jump-cheat a bit since he moves very fast whenever he switches between dimensions. Bulletjump+dimension dodge is kind of like the old days of coptering.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular

Bullet jumping and aim gliding. If you’re struggling with that test it’s because you haven’t actually learned the essentials of movement in this game.

Which is fine, because this game doesn’t teach you anything really. But yeah learning how to bullet jump on demand in any direction is vital.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    Hahaha. Mastery rank 8 was my white whale. I went through exactly the exactly the same thought process of 'WTF this is impossible?'

Turns out I just had no idea that you could aim bullet jumping up. I thought it was purely for going forwards ...

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    Asher wrote: »
    Hahaha. Mastery rank 8 was my white whale. I went through exactly the exactly the same thought process of 'WTF this is impossible?'

Turns out I just had no idea that you could aim bullet jumping up. I thought it was purely for going forwards ...

... yep, that seems to be my problem as well. I had no idea that you could use that to go up.

Granted, I *also* overshoot the platforms a lot :| but that should help? I'll try again later.

• Options
    Related PSA since we have a handful of newer folks: You can practice a mastery rank test in Cephalon Simaris's room at relays. It's usually good to know if you need to bring a machine gun instead of a bow and arrow, for example.

• Options
    I had glided by accident a few times, and sort of knew what it was but it didn't occur to me to use it as a normal movement option. I thought it was more of a slow time for shooting matrix style, that's what it felt like. (I know it doesn't slow time, it's an online game, but something about the effect just feels that way.)

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I've always wanted them to do a trailer with the Corpus board of directions having a meeting, like the one they did for the War Within with the Twin Queens. We've only ever seen three of them, but I assume there are a least a few more.

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Anyone have a list for the core set of mods I want to drop on another new friend I've got starting up?
    Asher wrote: »

... yep, that seems to be my problem as well. I had no idea that you could use that to go up.

Granted, I *also* overshoot the platforms a lot :| but that should help? I'll try again later.
    Yeah, you have a lot more tools for going farther than slowing yourself down in the air. If you bullet jump "too steep" way up, then you can use aim glide while looking down until you've gone far enough, and stop aim gliding when you've made it. I watched a friend on that test recently and most of it you can do with just double jump and aim glide (but will grossly overshoot if you do a flat bullet jump). Besides the vertical part you've gotta bullet jump up, of course.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    Anyone have a list for the core set of mods I want to drop on another new friend I've got starting up?

One that jumps out is that Serration is annoyingly uncommon as a natural drop compared to some other damage mods. Hornet Strike to some degree as well.

Continuity was also a pain for me and I got the Primed version before I saw the normal version drop.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

Bit of a warning, apparently Helios Prime is due for vaulting soon, though I think it might be delayed on the Switch? In any case I already have all of the parts myself, I'm just waiting on hitting 8 so that I can actually use them.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Okay, so apparently I got drunk last night and I don't remember much after coming home and eating some pizza. Apparently I named my latest kitgun, "I am in the dungeon" and I don't know what the fuck that's supposed to mean. :rotate:

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    Okay, so apparently I got drunk last night and I don't remember much after coming home and eating some pizza. Apparently I named my latest kitgun, "I am in the dungeon" and I don't know what the fuck that's supposed to mean. :rotate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oclDVweTR4

????

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    It's wild watching the recent SBFP fuckthrough of DE's Star Trek game and recognizing so much in the style and assets and engine in a hilariously broken game.

DE's come a long way.

• Options
    jothki wrote: »

Bit of a warning, apparently Helios Prime is due for vaulting soon, though I think it might be delayed on the Switch? In any case I already have all of the parts myself, I'm just waiting on hitting 8 so that I can actually use them.

Why would I need a warning for that? When they vault something...they forcibly remove it from everyone using it?

• Options

Why would I need a warning for that? When they vault something...they forcibly remove it from everyone using it?

No, but the relics stop dropping and supply will start to run out, so if somebody wants it, maybe don't put off farming for it.

• Options
    Bobble wrote: »

No, but the relics stop dropping and supply will start to run out, so if somebody wants it, maybe don't put off farming for it.

Oh, yeah, that's what I assumed. I meant that I already had him. I guess that is a good warning for anyone else on Switch who might want him.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    It's wild watching the recent SBFP fuckthrough of DE's Star Trek game and recognizing so much in the style and assets and engine in a hilariously broken game.

DE's come a long way.
    It has the same bleedout state!

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I just need the helios cerebrum, and despite using more than a couple maxed relics, nadda

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    I finally pushed through the Equinox farm last night, only to realize it'll be a week until I have the frame baked.

Aw.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

Welp, guess I know what I'm doing tonight.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular

DE's come a long way.

That same perspective bug from episode 1 is still in modern warframe.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    LD50 wrote: »

DE's come a long way.

That same perspective bug from episode 1 is still in modern warframe.

I guess the game is actually giving you a first-person camera, but keeping you on-screen at a fixed size to pretend it's still a 3rd person camera, with hilarious results.

Kamar on