As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018

This is totally the new OP intro video.

Also I'm aaaaaaalmost done with Dark Souls 3 so I'll be back to playing Warframe obsessively pretty shortly. I just gotta wrap up the Ringed City DLC and I'll be freeeeeeeeeeee. Just in time for Mesa Prime!

In related, news, I've updated Radio Prime with a few new tracks after hearing a new one pop up on Prime Time.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Got 6000 Kuva from Sortie and decided to re-roll some rivens. Seems like Akstilleto is way too low on the disposition scale to yield anything worthwhile, but my Hikou riven turned out pretty decent:

+78.1 % Multishot
    +65.4 % Status Duration
    +55.8 % Fire Rate
    -48.6% Critical Damage

Oh my god if you don't have a Concealed Explosives I will GIVE YOU MINE oh lordy.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    LD50 wrote: »
    Kamar wrote: »
    It's wild watching the recent SBFP fuckthrough of DE's Star Trek game and recognizing so much in the style and assets and engine in a hilariously broken game.

DE's come a long way.

That same perspective bug from episode 1 is still in modern warframe.

I guess the game is actually giving you a first-person camera, but keeping you on-screen at a fixed size to pretend it's still a 3rd person camera, with hilarious results.

But only when you're aiming.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    Ergh, fuck it, they got me. I'm getting enough enjoyment out of this game that I'm gonna spring for the current Prime Vault deal (Mag & Nova Prime + other shit + 1200 creds) at $60. Should I wait or spring now?

This is honestly THE best way to spend any money, outside PC and -75% plat coupons. It's a very very very good value. Same with Prime packs; probably the cheapest way to acquire plat in general.

I agree with this. I bought the mag/nova bundle and don't regret it.

I checked my playtime, noticed that it was 140 hours, and decided to indulge myself in the Mag/Nova bundle as well. Soma Prime and Vasto Prime both feel like pretty excellent weapons so far.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Good Baro today, for me at least. Primed Flow makes an appearance along with Primed Regen for the sentinel, so 50% is good enough. Plus the 120% slash mods for melee, shotgun and pistol.

Daimar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Console Baro sees the return of Premium Mastery Chaff (Prisma Skana + Gorgon), the Fire/Status mods, and some ugly armors.

Also, Cookie Kavat Glyphs.

metaghost on
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Downloaded the game onto my Switch last night. I haven't played in over a year so I don't remember a lot of the mechanics. But overall the game seems to run pretty well on the Switch. Some of the textures look bad but for a free game I'm not going to complain. But holy cow I had six warframes unlocked and now I have to get used to playing as all of them again LOL.

Edit: just to clarify I migrated my account.

Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Aiight so

What's a good 'frame for clearing the later parts of the Starchart? Because more often than not, I end up by myself, and being by myself on Sedna means I die a lot, even with Rhino. And forget trying somebody like Ember, Volt, or Mag, like, then you just die.

Unfortunately, I'm a gross completionist, so I am eventually gonna have to clear that, and eventually shit like the Orokin Derelict and the Kuva Fortress. Waaagh.

(Note that it's not that I *intend* to play solo, it's just that there don't seem to be a lot of PUG squads around random bits when you're just map clearing.)

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Aiight so

What's a good 'frame for clearing the later parts of the Starchart? Because more often than not, I end up by myself, and being by myself on Sedna means I die a lot, even with Rhino. And forget trying somebody like Ember, Volt, or Mag, like, then you just die.

Unfortunately, I'm a gross completionist, so I am eventually gonna have to clear that, and eventually shit like the Orokin Derelict and the Kuva Fortress. Waaagh.

(Note that it's not that I *intend* to play solo, it's just that there don't seem to be a lot of PUG squads around random bits when you're just map clearing.)

Out-and-out invulnerability with Valkyr's Hysteria works pretty well.

Loki or Ivara assassinating entire stages while invisible works too when you aren't protecting a static object; I *think* with Pluto you have access to all the spy missions you need for the later.

Though I would argue the issue isn't a "things kill me too quickly" problem, but a "I am not killing things fast enough" problem. What's you workhouse weapon? The max rank one you actually use to kill stuff, not bring along for mastery. How is it modded?

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Yeah if you bring enough firepower, Rhino should be able to get things done. Do you have some heavy investment in the mods to toughen Rhino up?

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I do everything with Mesa, because superior firepower solves a lot of problems.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I've been holding off on doing anything with mesa outside of just leveling her because I've been eagerly awaiting the primed version this Christmas.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Though more seriously, the answer is actually superior firepower. Ember is usable, assuming you've got +range and +power strength mods, because she'll then be thinning out enemies before you even run into them. Especially with the ability mod that also turns her 4 into CC. The main problem of high level is after all that if you're not taking out enemies fast enough, they gang up on you and sheer weight of firepower will punch through any defensive ability.

For that matter, I recommend the Arca Plasmor if you can use it. The thing is straight up a corridor cleaner.

I cleaned out a lot of the chart with Ash and a good weapon. While he is a pain to farm, the main feature I was using was stealth, so Loki and Ivara can substitute for the same safety. In a lot of ways, stealth is the strongest defensive ability, in that enemies aren't even shooting at you. That being said, it's been significantly nerfed since I used it a lot, with shorter durations on everything but Ivara, so it requires more energy and attention to do today than it used to.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Where does Loki even drop, I can't remember.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Aiight so

How are you building Rhino and what weapons are you using? Those are kind of big.

Alternatively, there are probably a few of us still in need of some of the last starchart bits so you can ask in alliance chat especially if it's one of the more PITA mission types to do solo.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Where does Loki even drop, I can't remember.

I think the hyena pack or whatever at the end of Neptune where I am.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    Good Baro today, for me at least. Primed Flow makes an appearance along with Primed Regen for the sentinel, so 50% is good enough. Plus the 120% slash mods for melee, shotgun and pistol.

The 120% mods are useful on some weapons to force more slash procs but at least the shotgun version is probably cheaper to buy from another player instead of Baro.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Nova's a good frame that can be good in a wide variety of situations.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

As long as she's not getting shot.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options

Between molecular prime slows and null star DR, she's actually more survivable than she appears. She's not tanky or anything, but she can stay alive in a firefight without needing teammates to keep her upright all the time.

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular

Adaptation and Null Star

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    The augur set on Mesa seems pretty good. The range and duration mods from it are useful for Mesa's abilities, the shields are fine as your one survivability mod, and the set's shield regen when spending energy paired with the DR of shatter shield lets you be very survivable in peacemaker. On my build with a 3.75 energy drain per second with peacemaker, that's only 4.5 shields per second, but with 95% damage reduction that's enough to be a meaningful boost to survivability even in higher level content.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Oh shit, Primed Flow is here. Looks like I'm making time for Warframe today to go raid the Void for Baro Bucks.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Oberon, Frost, Nyx and Valkyr are all in the oven. Unfortunately only Oberon will be playable before way too late Sunday night but still moar framses

• Options
    RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
    @Steel Angel" Hey so my got tobframe for now is Rhino til I can get my hands on Excal Umbra. Heard Excal is good to potato but it worth to wait for Umbra. Anyhow, I got a few potatoes and thinking of salmming one on to Rhino. Advice on a good build and needed mods for him for later starchart? I am MR7 and I just raeched Sedna. I got a Hen with a cata that is pulling weight but not yet potato a secondary or melee yet. I was thinking of Atmos and Hubiro respectively. Advice appreciated.

"If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Atomos is a strong secondary and last I checked pretty popular, and if you're already enjoying it then he's a solid potato choice.

Rhino's a good choice for a potato too. I'm closing in on MR19, have like 4-5 frames left to collect from the entire roster, and I still use him. He's old reliable.

Bobble on
  • Options
    The Vectis Prime from Twitch Prime is incredible. So powerful and it practically has zero reload at base level.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    @Bobbie Hey I am approaching MR8 and like Rhino still. Not sure if my mods, could use some input on that front for after I potato him. Even then J can usually get through missions cuz he just doesn't like to die. I like my Hubiro fist weapons cuz he's a kind of boxer with him. Plus I think it said it came with a cata on it already? Not sure.

Edit: So with Vector p I got sniper, Hen is shotty. Still need a good machine gun, any recommendations to get or work towards for trying out?

RightfulSin on
    "If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me
  • Options
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Aiight so

Out-and-out invulnerability with Valkyr's Hysteria works pretty well.

Loki or Ivara assassinating entire stages while invisible works too when you aren't protecting a static object; I *think* with Pluto you have access to all the spy missions you need for the later.

Though I would argue the issue isn't a "things kill me too quickly" problem, but a "I am not killing things fast enough" problem. What's you workhouse weapon? The max rank one you actually use to kill stuff, not bring along for mastery. How is it modded?

Vectis Prime. It is straight up one shot, one kill, if I'm paying attention to enemy weaknesses (eg, brought Corrossive for Grineer, Magnetic for Corpus, etc). The problem is that when I'm faced with a Large Mob of assholes, I can't quite kill them fast enough. With Rhino, I can usually survive that, but...

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    My workhorse weapon for starmap clearing was the Ignis and then the Ignis Wraith. It's not great for real high level content, but it absolutely gets the job done for random mobs you just want swept out of the way for anything up to Sortie level content, and even then it does fine in the first sortie but not so much for the next two. Minimal aiming required is a bonus for me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    @Bobbie Hey I am approaching MR8 and like Rhino still. Not sure if my mods, could use some input on that front for after I potato him. Even then J can usually get through missions cuz he just doesn't like to die. I like my Hubiro fist weapons cuz he's a kind of boxer with him. Plus I think it said it came with a cata on it already? Not sure.

Edit: So with Vector p I got sniper, Hen is shotty. Still need a good machine gun, any recommendations to get or work towards for trying out?

Braton Prime from what I've read.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

Braton Prime from what I've read.

A staple, yeah. Easy to get. Soma Prime is unvaulted atm, if you can manage to reach Axi relics.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    The problem with sniper rifles in this game is that it's fundamentally a game about killing hordes of guys rather than one real strong guy most of the time so killing one guy with 100000 damage overkill every couple seconds is not the best

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    The problem with sniper rifles in this game is that it's fundamentally a game about killing hordes of guys rather than one real strong guy most of the time so killing one guy with 100000 damage overkill every couple seconds is not the best

It's lovely on stealth missions and against bosses though. Also, I still really want to get the lovely wombo of Depleted Reload + Charged Chamber, just... just because, dammit. Because there is no kill like overkill.

Also at least the Vectis' fire and reload rate isn't terrible. Still, I should pick up something with MOAR DAKKA.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

On the other hand punching through four or five lined up mooks is amazing. As is slapping Blast damage on Vectis.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    AFAIK Tiberron Prime is the best of the 'normal ass automatic weapon' type weapons, with the bonus of good burst-fire and semi-auto modes.

Maybe the Braton P if you're killing really high level grineer and 'dot enemies up with slash and move on to the next target while it dies' is efficient?

• Options
    Yeah. Snipers have their places and uses (ex. on warframes that can kill large swaths with abilities, so the sniper helps take out a big, priority target), but for general-purpose in clearing the star chart other weapon classes usually fare better. Personally I haven't found a machine gun I'm a huge fan of, though maybe I haven't been looking all that hard since I love the shotguns and flamethrowers. Tiberon Prime felt decent. Soma would give you a nice preview of Soma Prime. Braton Prime's a fine option.

As for Rhino, look for a second mod to increase his armor (Gladiator Aegis), as it will stack with Steel Fiber and make his Iron Skin pretty beastly. Augur Secrets for more power strength would also accomplish a bigger iron skin.

And when you activate iron skin, you get a 3 second window where you're invulnerable. Any damage you take during those 3 seconds is added to your iron skin afterward (except self damage, I'm pretty sure). So pop that button and eat a rocket or something for giggles.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    *hugs his Rubico Prime*
    Hush hush, those gooses are saying bad things, but we both know that we can shoot many enemies and still have the truckstopping firepower to take down bosses and lvl150 bombards with a single mag.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    So I've been gone from the game for about 18 months, and I don't really remember how to play as any of my frames.

I'd like to pick up Nyx, Ivara, or Mesa (or mayyybe Mag too?) again as I remember having a lot of fun with those. I guess I'm basically asking for guides on how to play these characters? And advice on which ones a good one to start off with?

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

It's lovely on stealth missions and against bosses though. Also, I still really want to get the lovely wombo of Depleted Reload + Charged Chamber, just... just because, dammit. Because there is no kill like overkill.

Also at least the Vectis' fire and reload rate isn't terrible. Still, I should pick up something with MOAR DAKKA.

May I suggest the Cornith? My favorite shotgun, possibly favorite primary of all. Primary fire is a murderous shotgun blast, and one of the only crit-focused ones. Secondary fire (default middle mouse) is a flak airburst round with a guaranteed blast proc (i.e. knocks everyone on their ass) has to travel a minimum distance or it duds, though, but once you master that and the reload (one shell at a time, yes you can interrupt) you have a very nice all-purpose boomstick for all your needs.

steam_sig.png