As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Bobble wrote: »
    Yeah. Snipers have their places and uses (ex. on warframes that can kill large swaths with abilities, so the sniper helps take out a big, priority target), but for general-purpose in clearing the star chart other weapon classes usually fare better. Personally I haven't found a machine gun I'm a huge fan of, though maybe I haven't been looking all that hard since I love the shotguns and flamethrowers. Tiberon Prime felt decent. Soma would give you a nice preview of Soma Prime. Braton Prime's a fine option.

As for Rhino, look for a second mod to increase his armor (Gladiator Aegis), as it will stack with Steel Fiber and make his Iron Skin pretty beastly. Augur Secrets for more power strength would also accomplish a bigger iron skin.

And when you activate iron skin, you get a 3 second window where you're invulnerable. Any damage you take during those 3 seconds is added to your iron skin afterward (except self damage, I'm pretty sure). So pop that button and eat a rocket or something for giggles.

Best LMG is Supra Vandal. Yeah the bullets have a travel time, but it hits hard, can have 100% status, and it's the only LMG that starts with enough ammo to actually last a mission w/o carrier or ammo restores.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    So I've been gone from the game for about 18 months, and I don't really remember how to play as any of my frames.

I'd like to pick up Nyx, Ivara, or Mesa (or mayyybe Mag too?) again as I remember having a lot of fun with those. I guess I'm basically asking for guides on how to play these characters? And advice on which ones a good one to start off with?

Mesa, build for ~145%+ power (enough to cap Scatter Shield and give her regulators 'kill everything' oomph), cap efficiency (~175%), and as much duration as you can get with that. Put up her 3, maybe her 2 if you need the extra security/damage, and murder everything with her 4. If you want her 4 to kill faster, forma the regulators a few times--speed mods are really good on them, since they don't reload and already shoot fast. Keep in mind her Prime drops in 4 days, so maybe don't forma the normal one's regulators.

Range doesn't effect the range of her 4, only the size of the targeting reticle. It shortens the gun jamming range of her 2, but it's not a big deal, since her 4 applies the best CC of all, death.

edit: Depending on what you're doing, more +power for quick kills can end up more 'efficient' than all that duration and/or efficiency, so consider that if you're hitting up sorties or Index or something.

Kamar on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    The problem with sniper rifles in this game is that it's fundamentally a game about killing hordes of guys rather than one real strong guy most of the time so killing one guy with 100000 damage overkill every couple seconds is not the best

It's lovely on stealth missions and against bosses though. Also, I still really want to get the lovely wombo of Depleted Reload + Charged Chamber, just... just because, dammit. Because there is no kill like overkill.

Also at least the Vectis' fire and reload rate isn't terrible. Still, I should pick up something with MOAR DAKKA.

It helps to pair it with something better able to clear crowds like an Atomos as a secondary.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    The augur set on Mesa seems pretty good. The range and duration mods from it are useful for Mesa's abilities, the shields are fine as your one survivability mod, and the set's shield regen when spending energy paired with the DR of shatter shield lets you be very survivable in peacemaker. On my build with a 3.75 energy drain per second with peacemaker, that's only 4.5 shields per second, but with 95% damage reduction that's enough to be a meaningful boost to survivability even in higher level content.

Actually, the augur mods don't count energy spent on channeled abilities, or so the wiki tells me. You'll still get 30 shields from the upfront cost you have to pay just to activate peacemaker though.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018

:O
    Also how much is Primed Flow? I won't be able to get it but I want to have hope.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    You can tell they learned a whole lot from Plains of Eidolon, as Fortuna/Orb Vallis is already a much more fun, player-friendly, and rewarding experience.

I'd like to see them return to the Plains at some point and add a Grineer Fortress or two — spaces that let them integrate the broader Warframe experience in PoE, much like how the various Corpus buildings in the Orb allow for things like Spy missions and other exploratory content.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Too bad Orb Vallis runs like shit. I don't know why it chokes any time anything loads.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    You can tell they learned a whole lot from Plains of Eidolon, as Fortuna/Orb Vallis is already a much more fun, player-friendly, and rewarding experience.

I'd like to see them return to the Plains at some point and add a Grineer Fortress or two — spaces that let them integrate the broader Warframe experience in PoE, much like how the various Corpus buildings in the Orb allow for things like Spy missions and other exploratory content.
    They learned lessons not just on the gameplay front, but on the writing front as well. I can get a feel for a few character traits with the merchants in Cetus, but in Fortuna they tied a lot of them into the questline so they're more fleshed out, and you feel a more personal connection with them than with the Cetus merchants.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    EXTREMELY IMPORTANT QUESTION

which robot master is Nova.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    EXTREMELY IMPORTANT QUESTION

which robot master is Nova.

I think she's probably closest to Quick Man? But I guess I don't know many Robot Masters off the top.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Galaxy_Man

I th ink this one is Mag? https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Magic_Man

https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/StarMan.EXE <= is called NovaMan in the dub.

https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Man

Mavericks are fine too, and there we've got Gravity Beetle, Neon Tiger, and Cyber Peacock.

*edit* wait no nevermind, Mag is clearly https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Magnet_Man

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Too bad Orb Vallis runs like shit. I don't know why it chokes any time anything loads.

I've literally never encountered a performance issue on Orb Vallis.

Clearly, mileage may vary.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »

I've literally never encountered a performance issue on Orb Vallis.

Clearly, mileage may vary.

After a few updates, I stopped having performance issues *in* Orb Vallis. But returning to Fortuna 9 times out of 10 has stuttering so bad it's often better for me to leave entirely and reenter.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Huh weird, fortuna itself loads almost instantly for me, compared to cetus, which takes a while

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The technical issue I continue to loathe with all my might (on console) is how Host Migration fucks up everyone possible, such that it would likely be better to just end any mission without penalty upon a host's disconnection.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Galaxy_Man

I th ink this one is Mag? https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Magic_Man

https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/StarMan.EXE <= is called NovaMan in the dub.

https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Man

Mavericks are fine too, and there we've got Gravity Beetle, Neon Tiger, and Cyber Peacock.

*edit* wait no nevermind, Mag is clearly https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Magnet_Man

Magic man is clearly limbo
    Both the robot master and adventure time variants

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    Hi everyone. My name is Anti-Sean, and I... I'm a frameaholic.

It started out so simply just a few weeks ago. Hey, this game just came out for the Switch! Try one of these three frames... the game, and the first one, is free.

It was pretty great! I was Sword Guy-ing it up across the first few planets in the origin system, having a blast, but I knew there was something more. This itch that I just needed to scratch. So, I gathered some parts over time, you know, just going about my business, not really focusing on it, and then I picked up two more.

Just as the high was wearing off from those two, I got another frame for free, and this one was a Prime. Oh man, the rush I got from that was hard to describe, but I knew, I _knew_ that I needed to get back to basics and work up from there. Chasing prices at this stage would be a sucker's bet; the big scores would take longer, and I needed something to tide me over. I picked up two more from casual usage, one from a quest, another from parts that just came about during regular alerts. Still, I needed more. So at that point, I did something I hadn't done before, even in years of casual MMO usage.

I ground. Oh, my stars and garters, did I *grind*.

One day later, I had run enough boss battles to put another three frames in the oven. In one case, I ran the same mission 15 times just to get that one last piece. While those three were cooking, I ground and quested for two more, and then more after that.

As of this morning, I now have nine frames not counting my starter frame and Trinity Prime from the Twitch giveaway, with three more that I put in the oven today, with yet another ready to cook once its last two parts finish building tonight. Oh, and I bought Sands of Inaros from Baro this morning, and I just need to park myself on a street corner long enough to collect a few hundred more oxide, and then I can get that started, too. That doesn't count the two quests that I currently have open for other frames.

...please send help.

• Options
    Anti-Sean wrote: »
    Hi everyone. My name is Anti-Sean, and I... I'm a frameaholic.

It started out so simply just a few weeks ago. Hey, this game just came out for the Switch! Try one of these three frames... the game, and the first one, is free.

It was pretty great! I was Sword Guy-ing it up across the first few planets in the origin system, having a blast, but I knew there was something more. This itch that I just needed to scratch. So, I gathered some parts over time, you know, just going about my business, not really focusing on it, and then I picked up two more.

Just as the high was wearing off from those two, I got another frame for free, and this one was a Prime. Oh man, the rush I got from that was hard to describe, but I knew, I _knew_ that I needed to get back to basics and work up from there. Chasing prices at this stage would be a sucker's bet; the big scores would take longer, and I needed something to tide me over. I picked up two more from casual usage, one from a quest, another from parts that just came about during regular alerts. Still, I needed more. So at that point, I did something I hadn't done before, even in years of casual MMO usage.

I ground. Oh, my stars and garters, did I *grind*.

One day later, I had run enough boss battles to put another three frames in the oven. In one case, I ran the same mission 15 times just to get that one last piece. While those three were cooking, I ground and quested for two more, and then more after that.

As of this morning, I now have nine frames not counting my starter frame and Trinity Prime from the Twitch giveaway, with three more that I put in the oven today, with yet another ready to cook once its last two parts finish building tonight. Oh, and I bought Sands of Inaros from Baro this morning, and I just need to park myself on a street corner long enough to collect a few hundred more oxide, and then I can get that started, too. That doesn't count the two quests that I currently have open for other frames.

...please send help.

GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL

(spoilers)
    WE ARE BUT TEENAGE GHOSTS PLAYING THERAPISTS TO TECHNOORGANIC CYBORGS WITH PTSD

AND WE MUST. GIVE. ALL. OF. THEM. THERAPY.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    So what the heck do I do with all of my platinum now, besides owning all of the slots? Credit and/or affinity bonuses, maybe?

• Options
    jothki wrote: »
    So what the heck do I do with all of my platinum now, besides owning all of the slots? Credit and/or affinity bonuses, maybe?

Fashion frame. Buying mods/prime sets that are a pain in the but to get from other players

If you absolutely have to get a booster, I'd suggest the resource one. maaaaaaybe affinity. But the credit boosters drop in the logins frequently enough that you should be able to keep yourself afloat by just doing index runs when you get lucky

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    It looks like on Switch, the only primed mods that we have now are pistol reload speed and pistol ammo conversion. Are either of those worth getting?

edit: Just checked the relic he's selling. There's a freaking Akvasto Prime?

jothki on
  • Options
    Re: Collecting 'em all — In the aftermath of the recent Great Frame Cookoff, I currently sit at 58/59 Warframes Mastered:

b9itpb0535fr.png

I'm a bit surprised Odonata is still my most-used Archwing, but I guess the game doesn't calculate time spent in open worlds while not flying.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    It looks like on Switch, the only primed mods that we have now are pistol reload speed and pistol ammo conversion. Are either of those worth getting?

Yes, but you're waaaaaayyyyyy better off farming that from bounties. It's not worth the Baro Bucks.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

Those primed mods are both pretty bad.

They added akvasto prime in the last month or two.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    which art designer do I have to tweet at to get this fish in the new Fortuna update

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Also, it's a bit late, but when it comes to finishing off the starmap and clearing out sedna, it's often best to ask for help.

You might not have all your mods maxed out at that point (and you really need to be running sorties regularly to finally get enough endo to finish levelling them). You also might not have a lot of the good corrupted mods (from derelict vault runs), or primed mods,which really make the fifference with making you quite powerful.

So you might not have good "builds" yet.

And you might not be gettimg them for a bit. So, rather than spending time grinding to actually be able to attempt the missions, just ask for help in alliance to get to the boss, or whichever nodes you want to get to, and then start doing the "endgame" content in your own time.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    oh em gee. The color scheme fits the Fortuna theme so I'm guessing that's when it happened but the mining mini-game on console is no longer precision pathing a joystick! <3<3<3

Now all they have to do is cut opposing/enemy syndicate faction gains in half to make that juggling game no longer obnoxious and my Warframe dream list will be (edit: almost) complete! :O

edit: forgot about passive enemy radar for all frames.

edti2: oh and queued crafting for reusable blueprints.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    oh em gee. The color scheme fits the Fortuna theme so I'm guessing that's when it happened but the mining mini-game on console is no longer precision pathing a joystick! <3<3<3

Now all they have to do is cut opposing/enemy syndicate faction gains in half to make that juggling game no longer obnoxious and my Warframe dream list will be (edit: almost) complete! :O

The extra bonus is that Fortuna makes it easier because the new mining laser is super cheap, available right away, and as good as the best Cetus one.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Man arbitrations can be pretty good. I saw one the other night that was survival (infested), Trinity +300% strength and Sybaris +300% damage. I took that combo in and we snoozed our way through 30 minutes. I wished I coulda sat in there to farm the C rewards but I had to leave. We got endo - endo - statue for our 3 rewards nonetheless, which was a super easy ~5k endo. So if you've cleared the starmap, keep an eye out for the good combinations.

• Options

The extra bonus is that Fortuna makes it easier because the new mining laser is super cheap, available right away, and as good as the best Cetus one.

Really? I guess I'll head over to Fortuna sooner :O

• Options
    Haha I've been having Twitch on mute in the background while I work on stuff so I can get Twitch drops, and today somebody's channel title was "Credit drops are just stocking coal prove me wrong" and I'm like, yep.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    So most may know this already, but I'll put it here since after 80 hours I only just learned this tactic from asking in-game. To make plat, offload your common prime blueprints to players looking to flip them for ducats.

Check trade chat for people buying "trash prime", and they'll usually list a ratio. 5:10p or 5:12p. Right now, since Baro is in-town, people are looking for your trash. Just farm Lith fissures, select bronze rewards (unless something comes up you actually need) and then check trade chat for people buying.

I was told you can actually hang out near Baro to find buyers, but I'm MR8 and can't confirm. Hopping into strangers' dojos to quickly trade is working fine so far.

Now, if someone can share a better method of telling which of my prime blueprints are "trash" in-game without having to constantly check warframe.market for their relic source, that would be swell!

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Basic Prime Trash is any of the presumed permanent Prime Parts: components for Braton Prime, Fang Prime, and Paris Prime.

Beyond those, I think most consider Burston Prime to be a trash gun and thus its components also qualify as Prime Trash.

• Options
    RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Well last night was a good night. Managed to get all Banshee P, Zephyr P, and Braton P blueprints. They are all cooking as I type this. After the parts are done it's a matter of a 3 day wait for the frames to be done.

RightfulSin on
    "If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me
  • Options
    metaghost wrote: »
    Basic Prime Trash is any of the presumed permanent Prime Parts: components for Braton Prime, Fang Prime, and Paris Prime.

Beyond those, I think most consider Burston Prime to be a trash gun and thus its components also qualify as Prime Trash.

Yeah, for the most part, it's any non-vaulted commons.

And FWIW, I'm always buying prime junk

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Figgy wrote: »
    So most may know this already, but I'll put it here since after 80 hours I only just learned this tactic from asking in-game. To make plat, offload your common prime blueprints to players looking to flip them for ducats.

Check trade chat for people buying "trash prime", and they'll usually list a ratio. 5:10p or 5:12p. Right now, since Baro is in-town, people are looking for your trash. Just farm Lith fissures, select bronze rewards (unless something comes up you actually need) and then check trade chat for people buying.

I was told you can actually hang out near Baro to find buyers, but I'm MR8 and can't confirm. Hopping into strangers' dojos to quickly trade is working fine so far.

Now, if someone can share a better method of telling which of my prime blueprints are "trash" in-game without having to constantly check warframe.market for their relic source, that would be swell!

Braton, Burston, Lex, (Ak)Bronco, Paris and Orthos Prime are the perennial primes, never get rotated out, and therefore always considered trash.

That's what I usually go by, anything else is kept for a set unless I already have a full one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I just killed my first Teralyst... rofl.

• Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    Ground up ranks on my army of frames enough to take my MR8 test today; passed it after running a few practice rounds first, since I was a bit concerned about how the platforming would go. Finally put the Lex Prime and Helios Prime that I've been sitting on for ages into the oven.

Also, the nutrio incubator upgrade from clan research is *amazing*. 5k in spacebucks for a pack of DNA stabilizers vs. 75k is a vast improvement. I'm very glad I was finally able to take my very good boy Moon Moon the space doggo out of stasis without breaking the bank!

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Today I mastered the weapons I needed to finish mastering to get enough for and finally broke MR 20... I think was MR 19 for the better part of a year or long enough for cB to actually pass me in MR. *sobs* But I haven't been playing much... how long have you been MR21, cB?

looks like if I set myself to mastering all the weapons I have, I could hit MR 24. Gotta get the primes that I missed out on too. I think I have the relics required for chroma... what's getting vaulted?

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Banshee Prime is getting vaulted in like 3 days, along with Euphona Prime and Helios Prime.