As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Yeah on most survival missions, Lotus will say "oh no they're flooding the area with poisonous gas." It's specifically something you need life support for.

Uranus is still odd though because underwater gou have archwing on, it shouldn't matter.

And yeah, the other lore stuff. Like why does Nidus care about the infested spores on dark sector survivals?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    Ok smart guys, then why do you slowly die if you break the windows in that one room type?

Decompression.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Ok smart guys, then why do you slowly die if you break the windows in that one room type?

Decompression.

Doesn't work that way.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »

Decompression.

Doesn't work that way.

Right, but it's a video game, so it does.

• Options
    HereticAstartesHereticAstartes Registered User regular
    I'll try the ascension thing tonight. I've been rocking Rhino pretty much exclusively. But I have an itch to try Valkyr, might be busting out the credit card tonight!

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular

Cold? No one told you about the heater all archwings also come with?

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    And when you walk out of the doors at the end of missions on (?) Eris.

I'd say the lore behind space survivability isn't... airtight.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Space isn't cold per-se. It's really a pretty good insulator.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Actually, when you break a window, you summon Knights of the Round, but their assets don't load into the game (known bug), so you're taking constant damage from the summon. Cancelling the alert also cancels the continuous summoning, so you stop taking damage.

Simple.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    The thing that I don't get about all of this is:
    They have tenno clearly operating in a vacuum without an archwing in one of the codex entry story dealios, but we suffocate if there is a single broken window in a space station?

Also, re. the infestation survival missions: Why does setting off the grineer or corpus alarm piss off the infestation, and why isn't the alarm going off already on this clearly compromised station?

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    metaghost wrote: »
    And the Focus acquired from Eidolon Shards doesn't go against your daily cap.

the daily cap is mostly irrelevant I think, I don't know how someone would ever reach it the way it's calibrated right now.

Very easily if you do ESO as Saryn with a halfway decent build. Volt's another option, i forget who the other meta choices are (Sancutary Onslaught also works, it's just slower - good if you need Khora though). When i was bothering to play, i could easily get to wave 9+ as Saryn, which brought in a ton of focus. Quite often i could push into the early teens, which brought even more (Less optimal for rewards, better for focus)

So, okay though... how easy is it for a relatively new and mostly F2P player (I think I've been playing for around a month now?) with severe anxiety re: trading to get a "halfway decent" build?

Because I keep running into a thing where I run out of credits and endo to rank up my mods, and then I run out of room on my Warframe, and then I don't have any potatoes, and getting potatoes is it's own.... /gestures.

Or I go looking for, say, "Volt Builds," and I come across this thing, where the guy's like "haha this is pretty quick and whatever," only to see that ALL of his mods are maxed out, he has several mods I've never seen before in my life, and he has TWO Primed mods. (here: https://i.redd.it/ktc74it94d311.jpg). It'd take me literal years to get all that crap, I'm pretty sure.

I'm starting to feel that there's a H U G E gap between the longtime players and us new folks, mostly in the form of people who have been grinding since the beginning and have piles and piles of random shit just from when there wasn't that much to do so they just ran the same stuff over and over. It feels like you get to a certain point where the best way to get Good Stuff is endgame content... but you need to already have the Good Stuff to *do* endgame content.

And literally, LITERALLY... I just want my Spoiler to be slightly less terrible at doing things. That's it!

(Right now, I'm actually trying to get my Rhino Index build put together well enough that I can feel comfortable doing low-risk with PUGs, so that I can stop groaning every time I've got something I want to build that's 100k or more Credits. I happened to find a Gladiator Aegis the other night, so I'm thinking Vigor, Gladiator Aegis, Steel Fiber for Much Tankbutt to start until I find additional potatoes?)

Like just a... here's how to build generally when you're new and poor and floundering would be nice.

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    The thing that I don't get about all of this is:
    They have tenno clearly operating in a vacuum without an archwing in one of the codex entry story dealios, but we suffocate if there is a single broken window in a space station?

Also, re. the infestation survival missions: Why does setting off the grineer or corpus alarm piss off the infestation, and why isn't the alarm going off already on this clearly compromised station?

Re: grineer/corpus systems helping the infested: the systems got taken over, infestation is a nanotech virus thing after all.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    And literally, LITERALLY... I just want my Spoiler to be slightly less terrible at doing things. That's it!

You don't need to blow your brains out running ESO or trying to max your Focus rep per day, that is just something that some people do who want to show off or get it done because they have everything else finished up. You will progress if you have a lens on your frame and most used weapons, just not as fast as someone who wants to min/max every little thing or who has finished up absolutely everything else.

The biggest help to spoiler mode is a better amp than the default one which just requires a bit of rep farming for that faction, so either hunting and killing the little voms (slow) or getting in on Eidolon hunts (fast, but need to be carried).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018

Cold? No one told you about the heater all archwings also come with?

This is Warframe, noone told us anything.

Oh, and Pandora can fuck right off.

Edit: Oh and can anyone link a concise Limbo guide? This is way over my head...

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Vigor's not necessary for an index build for Rhino. Iron Skin benefits from neither shields nor health, so Vigor's a nice fill-in if you've got nothing better for that slot. Doubling up with the new aegis mod will be a good boost for ya. What also helps is getting the augment for iron skin, so you can pop the iron skin off when it's low and go refresh it, instead of waiting for someone to shoot that last 1% and trying to time the refresh. If you don't have the augment,

And there are ways to get plat as a f2p, which can help shortcut some of the 'oh god that will take forever' elements like a potato on a new frame or weapon. Relic cracking, syndicate mods, and derelict vault runs are a few that should be much more accessible to a newer player and provide enough variety to keep things fresh.

As for those 'end game' builds, yes there's a gap between your farm-fresh newbies and your veterans, and I'd say that curve keeps going up with some of the folks making guides on Youtube that have maxed all of their mods and have 100M credits and yada yada. Those guys are often exploring the outer limits of what a build can become. Dumping 6 forma into a warframe to fit every last drop of corrupted/uber/primed mods into it is great and all, but isn't necessary to complete the content. I've cleared ESO a few times and have no primed mods maxed out, only one corrupted mod (also not maxed).

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    And the Focus acquired from Eidolon Shards doesn't go against your daily cap.

the daily cap is mostly irrelevant I think, I don't know how someone would ever reach it the way it's calibrated right now.

Very easily if you do ESO as Saryn with a halfway decent build. Volt's another option, i forget who the other meta choices are (Sancutary Onslaught also works, it's just slower - good if you need Khora though). When i was bothering to play, i could easily get to wave 9+ as Saryn, which brought in a ton of focus. Quite often i could push into the early teens, which brought even more (Less optimal for rewards, better for focus)

So, okay though... how easy is it for a relatively new and mostly F2P player (I think I've been playing for around a month now?) with severe anxiety re: trading to get a "halfway decent" build?

Because I keep running into a thing where I run out of credits and endo to rank up my mods, and then I run out of room on my Warframe, and then I don't have any potatoes, and getting potatoes is it's own.... /gestures.

Or I go looking for, say, "Volt Builds," and I come across this thing, where the guy's like "haha this is pretty quick and whatever," only to see that ALL of his mods are maxed out, he has several mods I've never seen before in my life, and he has TWO Primed mods. (here: https://i.redd.it/ktc74it94d311.jpg). It'd take me literal years to get all that crap, I'm pretty sure.

I'm starting to feel that there's a H U G E gap between the longtime players and us new folks, mostly in the form of people who have been grinding since the beginning and have piles and piles of random shit just from when there wasn't that much to do so they just ran the same stuff over and over. It feels like you get to a certain point where the best way to get Good Stuff is endgame content... but you need to already have the Good Stuff to *do* endgame content.

(Right now, I'm actually trying to get my Rhino Index build put together well enough that I can feel comfortable doing low-risk with PUGs, so that I can stop groaning every time I've got something I want to build that's 100k or more Credits. I happened to find a Gladiator Aegis the other night, so I'm thinking Vigor, Gladiator Aegis, Steel Fiber for Much Tankbutt to start until I find additional potatoes?)

Like just a... here's how to build generally when you're new and poor and floundering would be nice.

It's going to depend on what you're building for.

A lot of mods aren't necessarily hard to get but have specific locations to make drop. A number of the Auger set mods from Plains of Eidolon bounties are handy so you'll want to keep an eye for them in the reward cycles. And Primed mods come from Baro and are a long term prospect but the normal versions are usually still really good in the interim.

One thing I will say though is that it helps a lot to finish The Sacrifice and get the version of Intensify from that quest. There is no Primed Intensify so the quest reward mod is a big boost.

An Index build for Rhino doesn't take much. It's just getting Iron Skin comfortably absorbent with +ability strength and +armor and having a weapon with good burst damage. Shotguns and sniper rifles both fill that role well. The Iron Shrapnel augment mod helps too so that you can cancel out an Iron Skin that's almost out of juice and recast it. If you've collected points you don't have enough energy to use much in the way of abilities so it's really just armoring up and killing things.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    @Lucid_Seraph

My best advice — for when you look at builds and go "ugh, I don't have any of this crap" — is that you should ignore the mods and focus on the stat box and try to puzzle out why they've chosen that stat balance and how you can best approximate it. The "why" is very important, and sometimes it'll be easy to solve, but a lot of builds are specialized for particular missions and modes.

For instance, while that Volt build may be an "optimized" expression of a Range-Discharge Volt, your goal should be figuring out why they want to emphasize Range above other stats and then how to best approximate that idea. As Steel Angel says, the Augur, Gladiator, and Umbra mod sets all serve as ways that DE has introduced more easily acquired alternatives to some of the mods common to optimized builds, with Umbra mods occasionally serving as the foundation to those optimal builds.

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    The most precise Limbo guide possible is -
    1. Maximize range and duration.
    2. Cast Cataclysm (4) on what you're trying to defend (everything within is in the rift)
    3. Cast Stasis (2) (everything in the rift is frozen).
    4. ???
    5. Profit
    Side bonus you can use him with any build you want to trivialize all Corpus spy missions by being in the rift (dodge to enter) to ignore lasers. Just make sure you shoot the cameras.

• Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    Alternatively, for limbo, follow the instructions listed above, but minimize the shit out of your range - get it to like 50-60% and it'll cover the mission objective, and be a safehouse, but people won't need to travel around the universe to kill mobs stuck in the outer edges of the map.

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    hush wrote: »
    Alternatively, for limbo, follow the instructions listed above, but minimize the shit out of your range - get it to like 50-60% and it'll cover the mission objective, and be a safehouse, but people won't need to travel around the universe to kill mobs stuck in the outer edges of the map.

Don't they need to do that anyway even without Limbo?

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    hush wrote: »

Don't they need to do that anyway even without Limbo?

The enemies tend to funnel toward the defense objective. If your bubble is half the map then they stop funneling and it becomes a lot less efficient to finish each wave.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I have a lens on my frame and have spent hours trying to get a second one for my weapon but it will not drop. I'm not doing it wrong, it's just not dropping. I've sort of given up because it is so frustrating. I hate "don't let the enemies recapture this area" because sometimes they just start wrecking your percentage and no one in a four person squad can even find where they're at in the zone and you lose.

So I get about 300 focus per mission if I'm lucky and it takes 40,000 to do ONE THING so hey that's only 134 missions. If I'm lucky. Easy.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    lenses are drop chance hell and yes it's terrible

I guess the bright side is that the focus trees barely matter

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I have a lens on my frame and have spent hours trying to get a second one for my weapon but it will not drop. I'm not doing it wrong, it's just not dropping. I've sort of given up because it is so frustrating. I hate "don't let the enemies recapture this area" because sometimes they just start wrecking your percentage and no one in a four person squad can even find where they're at in the zone and you lose.

So I get about 300 focus per mission if I'm lucky and it takes 40,000 to do ONE THING so hey that's only 134 missions. If I'm lucky. Easy.

Yes, lenses being only available through bounties and RNG is dumb. There need to be alerts for them, imo. Something.

Eidolon shards are probably a better use of your time if they utterly refuse to drop for you though.

• Options

RE: Lens Acquisition — I know you're on Switch and thus don't have Fortuna yet, but the Orb Vallis bounty reward tables are much better structured than Eidolon's and seem to yield Lens more often as a result. It's still a bother that sometimes the rotation won't line up with your play schedule, but at least that's sometime else to look forward to. That said, Plains content is still the only source for higher level Lens blueprints (besides the market, of course).

RE: Focus Acquisition — As is being discussed across the past couple pages, general play is not really the means to acquire Focus in bulk, and yes, you do need it in bulk to advance your perk trees. By introducing Sanctuary Onslaught they only partially addressed the problems with the Focus grind, and the experiences that you and the other new players are going through are testament to how screwed up it is. For all the AAA-quality that Warframe can exude, it obviously suffers from constantly having to push towards new content at the expense of properly refining what exists. Prior to many of you starting up, they literally had to shuck away the endgame "raid" content because they simply couldn't afford working on getting its bugs under control.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Other than the Nusku, are there any other nonspecific pistol skins out there?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    IIRC the dual pistols from one of the Deluxe skins (Mesa's?) are applyable to nonpistols, because a friend was sharing some clips of how they behave when applied to twoooo grakata.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    I think only the really old skins are stuck to a certain weapon, all the newer non-crappy-paintjob ones that actually replace the geometry with a new model are applicable to anything in the same class.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    20% off coupon? You can do better than that, Ordis.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options

Wait what? Then what am I doing it for?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options

Wait what? Then what am I doing it for?

shrug emoji

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Yeah, you can just ignore Focus until you're also one of those oldschool players with piles of resources and nothing else to do.

• Options
    Everyone online said "oh pick this specific path because it's so awesome as a newer player, you can have so much more energy to play with, incredible difference in how you play."

Is that not the trees?

• Options
    Zenurik is useful for the ability to throw out an energy bubble, yes. But you can get pizzas from syndicates for energy spikes too, so...

• Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    Everyone online said "oh pick this specific path because it's so awesome as a newer player, you can have so much more energy to play with, incredible difference in how you play."

Is that not the trees?

I've ignored Focus almost entirely and focused on other things like finishing opening the star chart, collecting/building new frames, foundry items and lab research (grinding for oxium and alloy plate for the archwing launcher segment and kavat incubator upgrade, and boy oh boy all my plastids are gone now after the latest round of builds and research tasks). I figure I'll come back to it at a later time. This might not be the most hyper optimized path, but it's the path that seems like it'll be more fun and rewarding to me, at least for the time being.

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

Is that not the trees?

That's Zenurik. Energizing Dash from Zenurik is relevant to day to day gameplay.

Absolutely nothing else in Focus is. Focus is only relevant beyond Energizing Dash if you plan to get into Eidolon hunts and (likely) Orb Heists, which are an end game quasi-raid content.
    Focus IS quite important to that though. The difference between having a swole Operator for Tridolon speed runs and not is night and day.

Focus is not currently particularly integrated into the game.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    IMO, just invest in like 2 of the focus trees that you actually intend to use (probably zenurik and madurai?), and just use tridolon parts to get the waybounds on the others

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Things Focus Schools (& Spoiler Mode) are actually used for: being lazy about energy usage/conservation and easy revives.

Things Focus Schools are seemingly intended for: Endgame content like Eidolon Captures and the upcoming "Vallis Orb Heists"

That said, Focus schools have a lot of fun & beneficial aspects that make them much more than shrug-worthy. For instance, the core passives of Naramon give you a big affinity bonus for melee kills and makes your melee combo counter functionally non-diminishing, letting you leverage combo-oriented mods without expending slots on stuff like Drifting Contact or Gladiator Rush.

For reference, I didn't really start pursuing Focus stuff until they released Sanctuary Onslaught, at which point I was like MR17 and had been playing off and on for close to two years.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    So the pistol riven for sliding kills on guys in dropships (aka just play Nezha on the plains) gave me an Akjagara Sci-lexicon of +142% Slash, +48.1% Grineer and +3.1 Punch... just in time for Akjagara prime.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Zenurik is useful for the ability to throw out an energy bubble, yes. But you can get pizzas from syndicates for energy spikes too, so...

yeah I just carry around 99 squad energy restores all the time, with the 10x blueprints they're not a pain to keep stocked up on and they're cheap to make so zenurik's energy bubble is not at all essential.

BahamutZERO.gif