Options

[Wrestle(ing)] Kingdom, the live-action CGI event, January 4th

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    lol these stupid camera cuts to the fans

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    never die wrote: »
    Aaaaaaggggghhhhh

Don’t make me believe

How good is this that we do

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Kofi is in the main event again

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    I'm lagging behind on the ppv, but that women's tag title match was dope. I was so happy when nia and tamina were eliminated.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    orton/aj at mania. I think kofi might really get the title shot, assuming he doesn't win here.

I wonder if this was gonna be ali or if they just changed their plans when he got hurt

assuming I'm not getting excited for nothing

The only argument against giving Ali the big push is that it would be so sudden and not a lot of the audience properly appreciates him. He's still building himself brick by brick.

...that's not a problem Kofi suffers from. He's been around for a while and everybody knows how entertaining he is to the point that WWE was promoting his Royal Rumble saves almost as much as any of the matches on the card.

oh sure, I don't disagree at all with what you're saying I'm just amazed if they changed their plans this much based on an injury so I can't help but wonder what the plan was before kofi got in.

if this does not lead to a mania match, if this and tuesday's performance are the extent of the 'rub', I can believe it was gonna be Ali. but it's very hard to imagine they were going towards bryan/ali at mania, though it'd be a great match and ali can cut a promo, for the reasons you said.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    miss into submission?

edit - well, that was really great!

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    miss into submission?

Miss into one of the greatest late match sells in a long time on that running knee

• Options
    Legit love

• Options
    Kofi vs Bryan at Mania

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    That watermark was up so long I almost started having a panic attack.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    It's hard to be...too upset, because Daniel Bryan is doing incredible work right now, but I hope this isn't Kofi's last sniff of the title.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    It's hard to be...too upset, because Daniel Bryan is doing incredible work right now, but I hope this isn't Kofi's last sniff of the title.

There are very few people in that match I would have been upset with winning and all of them are named Randy Orton.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

There are very few people in that match I would have been upset with winning and all of them are named Randy Orton.

I might have been madder if they'd put the belt back on Styles

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    DzqDZHDUwAAdwRa.jpg

What a shot

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options

I might have been madder if they'd put the belt back on Styles

It would have been disappointing if they put the belt back on Styles or confusing if they gave it to Jeff but Orton's the only one that would have been upsetting.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    clever foreshadowing

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Any other time of the year, and Kofi should have won it.

I don't think he should walk into WM as champion but hopefully he's challenging.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I don't think Mustafa Ali would have been in the final 2, maybe eliminated by Orton to set up a later match.

I think the amount of time they spent on Kofi and his whole outro made it obvious that he's not done.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    "Is there some kind of symbolism? Does it mean something?"

"It's a hand!"

Followed by an immediate smash cut to a photo of Vince cackling.

I gotta go to bed, but I'm definitely going to have to finish this Mark Henry documentary sometime very soon.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    That was the best main roster ppv I’ve seen in years

• Options
    If lashley didn't suck, I'd be feeling bad for him now

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    "Is there some kind of symbolism? Does it mean something?"

"It's a hand!"

Followed by an immediate smash cut to a photo of Vince cackling.

I gotta go to bed, but I'm definitely going to have to finish this Mark Henry documentary sometime very soon.

I’m learning a lot about Mark Henry and his story is phenomenal.

That 2002 conversation with Vince about him letting Mark compete in Worlds Strongest Man again, but if he lost he would be out of a job was crazy. And then Mark Henry did it, and won again.

• Options
    I think it's funny how they keep talking about the main event of wrestlemania, as though Rousey and Becky aren't preconditions for the main event

• Options
    I liked the detail of Becky kind of doing a shovel scoop move with the crutch to Rhondas hand every time she tried to stand up.

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Sonya Blade cosplay for Ronda.

At least this counts as an armistice between her and her eye makeup person

I realize it's entirely for the MK tie-in but I really want to believe that after almost a full year WWE just gave up and said Ronda you're wearing pants now because it's the only way to stop you from adjusting your shorts a dozen times during every one of your matches

• Options
    Just finished, and wow, what a main event. And it happened so organically. It's so funny just how instructive of what it is people want out of wwe.

It's really not so hard. You dont have to keep coming up with bigger and crazier stunts for Braun stroman to dish out. Or more and more brutal beatdown, or longer and longer McMahon promos. It's as simple as giving the guys that people like a spotlight. Reward good in ring work. Allow for the unexpected. Dont always just have your tires of guys, and that's just who they are, and where they will always be, regardless of how much good work they do. It seems like every single time they catch lightning in a bottle like this, it's because some twist of fate (usually a mistake of some kind) led to their being more spotlight on someone the fans like but the wwe neglects or has just put into "non main event" box.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    A couple more thoughts on the ppv

I wonder how Kofi felt at the end of that match. It feels like that moment, everyone chanting your name, saying thank you, would feel like more of a genuine accomplishment than, for example, the way that Finn Balor won the IC title tonight. I wonder if it's sort of like at my job, where you do good work, and sometime you get a divisional award as recognition. Does the title just feel like recognition, and not the accomplishment itself?

Also, really who else are they setting up to compete for the title at this point? Looks like AJ will be fighting Orton, and it doesn't feel like anyone else has really been built up that way. Might as well ride the lightning.

Who I am kidding, we all know it be Cena or someone like that.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    One of my favorite little spots of the night was Corbin trying to use Braun's favorite projectile, the office chair, on Braun and it completely failing

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    The Becky segment was good and she's doing a fantastic job. Rondas gear looked better too. Those first two matches really screwed my Pickems though. And baron beating braun.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    burbo wrote: »
    If lashley didn't suck, I'd be feeling bad for him now

This is what bugs me: Lashley was the most interesting he's ever been-- that is to say, at all-- with Lio Rush by his side.

Now I'm worried they'll keep pushing him, only as boring as before.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I never noticed how huge bobby lashley is until he was in the ring with those two wee men

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Dave said Vince was the only one in upper management who wanted Becky winning the Rumble and Becky/Ronda as a singles match. HHH and everyone else wanted Charlotte winning and Becky getting inserted in the match later

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Okay it’s been twelve hours and a decent breakfast and I’m still furious that Stephanie McMahon was booked to last longer in a match and more effectively handle an armbar from Ronda Rousey than Ruby Riott in a choreographed wrestling soap opera

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Dave said Vince was the only one in upper management who wanted Becky winning the Rumble and Becky/Ronda as a singles match. HHH and everyone else wanted Charlotte winning and Becky getting inserted in the match later

Triple H, being a mark for a Flair? Impossible.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular

Vince is being good at his job? Wtf?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    I never noticed how huge bobby lashley is until he was in the ring with those two wee men

I liked him back during his first run in the WWE because he was a fucking HUGE lad who was very softly spoken.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Well Chyna is finally going into the Hall of Fame, as one of the members of DX:

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-hall-of-fame/wwe-hall-of-fame-2019/article/dx-wwe-hall-of-fame-2019-inductee?sf207953039=1

never die on
This discussion has been closed.