As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestle(ing)] Kingdom, the live-action CGI event, January 4th

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    I think it was posted here how rumors were that Owens was going to be playing an every man klutz, and judging by the promo videos, sure looks like that's the route they're going with him.

I think he's actually doing really good, subtle work with them, but it might be too subtle? Especially for wrestling, where every persona is amplified, he's just coming off as bored.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    This video package is making DX look a lot cooler than they actually were for long stretches of their multiple runs.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited February 2019
    wwe films presents kevin owens in

paul blart 3: zoo cop

Whippy on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Posting this here too because Wrestle
    David Walker, of Power Man and Iron Fist, Nighthawk, Occupy Avengers and currently Naomi for DC, is launching his own comics publisher, Solid Comix. The first title is hitting Kickstarter this week.

It is One Fall, a supernatural wrestling mystery.

Fuck

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    EC3 is mute for like a month and Aleister Black talks before his first match
    lol

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    This Raw proves that WWE has no idea how to actually create characters on the main roster.

They just throw people out there and expect the audience to care.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    The NXT crew is on Smackdown, so yeah, I don't think they really know what they're doing.

Also, seeing Ciampa and Gargano teaming up and in backstage areas acting all chummy is REALLY weird.

• Options
    They're evil friends again though

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    oh jeez is asuka going to fight mandy and then fight lacey

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    oh jeez is asuka going to fight mandy and then fight lacey

I’m going with Mandy at Fastlane, and then both Mandy and Sonya at Mania. At least that’s what I’m trying to will into existence.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I would very into a PPV level Asuka vs Sonya

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    This video package is making DX look a lot cooler than they actually were for long stretches of their multiple runs.

Remember when they did black face? The wwe sure doesn't want you to.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Didn't they put that bit in highlight packages for DX until, like, uncomfortably recently?

I should add that I got back into wrestling in my late teens early 20s and got ridiculously emotionally invested in the very dumb Kane/XPac tag team and feud.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

Didn't they put that bit in highlight packages for DX until, like, uncomfortably recently?

I should add that I got back into wrestling in my late teens early 20s and got ridiculously emotionally invested in the very dumb Kane/XPac tag team and feud.

Man that's almost as bad as my love of the Sugar Shane Helms era in WcW.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Ain't no shame in loving Vertebreakers.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    3 Count was my boy band

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Ain't no shame in loving Vertebreakers.

Its really awful the WWE took this amazing charasmatic guy and made him the hurricane and was like "fuck you". Bye bye nightmare on helms street.

Its why I want Jeff Cobb to never come to the WWE.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Hurricane was the best thing Shane Helms did though.

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Hurricane was the best thing Shane Helms did though.

Hard disagree.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    3 Count was my boy band

tank abbot was my lou pearlman

• Options
    in the sixty seconds since making that joke about I thought to myself “hey, maybe i should google what that guy who you only remember from making the band is up to”

tank abbot was in no way my lou pearlman

• Options
    Hrm

Kofi/Bryan at Fastlane has me worried they won't do it at Mania

It isn't often that they have a title match at Mania that is also on the previous PPV

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I want to guess that some sort of schmoz will go down just because who the fuck else do they put against Bryan.

Like looking at the other big name faces on smackdown its

AJ: just got out of their feud
    Jeff Hardy: lol no
    Rey: Possible but they want him for Andrade probably
    Miz: Tied up in tag team stuff.
    Mustafa Ali: Still maybe injured and still very new

There is no one I can think of really other the Kofi or another New Day member unless there's a big surprise shakeup or appearance.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Hrm

It isn't often that they have a title match at Mania that is also on the previous PPV

wait, is that what's happening? I thought he said it wasn't anyone involved in the 3v3 tonight. I thought he'd fight Rey maybe at fastlane. but I did mess the end of the show tonight.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Hrm

wait, is that what's happening? I thought he said it wasn't anyone involved in the match. I thought he'd fight Rey maybe at fastlane. but I did mess the end of the show tonight.
    Shane announced it at the end of the show

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    that is cool but I agree that I'm now worried they won't do it at mania. how could they bring up kofimania now and then not do it, though... maybe wyatt or harper or whoever else is gonna join bryan (assuming anyone does) that will happen at fastlane and you can build to mania with 3v3s of new day vs bryan's crew.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    The best way I could see it would be Fastlane ends with a mess finish with Bryan's third crony getting involved and they have a HiaC or Cage Bryan/Kofi match at Mania

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I would rather they just bar everyone from ringside. No cages, no gimmicks. Just two dudes fighting each other.

Then, Kofi doesn't enter with the New Day and can enter solo to his old theme, get some Boom Boom Boom pyro, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdnBh3mOl9U

You can still have Big E and Xavier come out and do the "Don't you dare be sour" entrance, just tailored to Kofi. He comes out to his own theme and then they hug him, give him a pep talk, and send him on his way by himself.

If he's going to challenge at WM, really do it up.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Yeah but a bryan beating kofi barely in a cage, followed by bryans goons besting the new day barely to force a hiac for the third final mono a mono over who wins in a actual 1v1 is the actual setup at minium for a hell in the cell

And itd be dope caise its bryan and kofi

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    I suppose I would just like to see them face each other in a normal match. They just fought in a cage at EC.

It's just a personal preference thing. I'd just like to see those two go at it in a regular, no interference, no shenanigans match.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    that'd be way better for mania yeah I agree I forgot ec was in a cage but I like the gimmick to much

better would be kofi winning straight up at mania and blood feuding it into a cage 3 months after

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Can't really blame him

His last TV appearance was almost 6 months ago and it was getting attacked by Randy Orton before actually starting his match

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I don't know if he ever really had a shot on the main roster. I don't know if I'd say it's his fault and...I dunno, I don't really think it's even the WWE's fault. And...I mean, if they're willing to pay him, sure, he should go to AEW, but I'm not real certain he'd be able to break through over there, at least not yet.

• Options
    I think he is a perfectly solid wrestler who is decently, but not exceptionally, charming and could have found success as a midcard workhorse type guy

He's not a flashy hire for AEW but it is always good to have steady hands available

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    It depends on what he's looking for, I guess. Also, I just found out he's 38?!? So, yeah, I guess it's sort of shit or get off the pot time for him. Also probably explains why they called him up as soon as he figured out something that clicked even a little.

Here's hoping they actually let him go.

• Options
    Tye was just someone who never clicked with me over the MANY shows I saw him at but he's solid so I hope he finds something.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    he seems born for the ring of honor midcard

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    he seems born for the ring of honor midcard

Except RoH never knows where people should be on their roster so they'll make him the champ for a month until Jay Lethal wins it back.

This discussion has been closed.