As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Troubled Tidings in Threshold Town[Phalla]- Finished Masters and Coroner Victory

BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz?BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
edited December 2018 in Critical Failures
At the threshold of a chasm between mountain ranges dividing the inner kingdoms and the outlands sat a large prosperous town. Like many of the towns in the area, it was overseen by a mayor, elected every year by the townsfolk. The town tended to stay out of the larger kingdoms politics, preferring peace and tranquility. Also like several of the independent towns it had rather unique quirks. The identity of the mayor remained a mystery to all except a shadowy group of Mayoral Aides and the current Mayor themselves. Ballots were submitted in secret, tallied by the mute aide team, and then later officiated through the same team. Even after their terms, the former mayor's identity was kept secret. The same mayor might be elected for several years in a row, some may have been called into duty with out even realizing they were a candidate. It is well believe that a few decades ago, the town was managed by a small dog or possibly a rather large cat.

The wealth and strange governance led to some odd habits. Nearly every job was triplicated, one for each phase of the working day: Morning, Afternoon and Evening to ensure fair and unbiased results could be obtained. This tended to result in well thought out laws, diligent correct Accounts and low unemployment. On the other hand, attempting to order a sandwich around noon could become a difficulty, and the town skipped past several stages of art to arrive exclusively on post-modern.

We observe at this time, the Threshold citizen was worried about the expanse of conflict from neighboring realms, and all attention turns to what the new (or possibly returning ) mayor would do.

General Rules
Standard Phalla rules apply: Everyday players will vote in the thread for who should be the village kill of the day. The name must be in bold and red. The player with the most votes at the end of the day will be killed (see Special Rules for Tie breaks).

The game will end when one set of End Game conditions is met. Players that satisfy their victory conditions at the end will be considered to have "won". There is a village and there is a mafia faction.

Players must include the host(s) in any communication with other players about the game. No communication is allowed between those in the game and those outside regarding the game. No communication is allowed for dead players (even with other dead players). Do not add players to conversations, do not directly quote from conversations (including host conversations).

To request clarification, mark your question in Bold and DarkOrange in the thread or PM the host(s) directly.

The day will end at 6:00 PM PST. The end of day report will be posted some time later (do not expect quick turn arounds) and the next day will begin. During the time between, please refrain from posting if you have received a host PM.

Special Rules
Every citizen player will vote via PM with host(s) for whom they want to be mayor in the event of the current mayor getting killed. Among the mayors special powers, their vote determines the target for any tied village vote (non-voting mayors are assumed to vote for themselves).

Some powers or abilities may break some of the listed rules and will be done so explicitly. If you are unsure please contact the host(s).

Roles/Factions
Everyone will be assigned a role and a faction. Roles will detail what special actions or abilities players may use, the faction will detail personal Victory and End Game conditions.

There is no standard role. Some roles will be duplicated.

Roles and Victory conditions may change as the game progresses.

Bluecyan on
ยซ13456711

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Town Census
    1.JPants
    3.Wildcat for Auralynx
    4.AustinP0027
    6.Egos
    7.Mamawolf for locus
    13.kime

Town Morgue
    2.ObiFett
    5.jdarksun
    8.38thDoe
    9.premium
    10.JaysonFour
    11.Sir Fabulous
    15.Lucedes

Town Memorial
    12.Virgil_Leads_You
    14.Gizzy for Phoenix-D

Pending Visas (reserve)

Narrations
    Day Zero

Day One

Day Two

Day Three

Day Four

Day Five

Day Six

Day Seven

Bluecyan on
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Threshold Times -
    The new Mayor will be sworn in on 11/26 in an evening celebration, with the 27th as their first official day on the job.

JPants convicted during mob action on 11/28. Murders stopped, for now.

A new item has appeared on the ballot today. A proposal for a festival this entire weekend. No murders, no votes just a silly low stakes game to pass the time. It is a well known fact that even serial killers, werewolves, and mafia can't resist the call of a good festival. As is usual for festival votes, make sure your opinion is yelled in bold darkcyan either Yah or Nay. The mayors secret aides will hear your call where ever you are.

Locus defeated Egos in Alliteration Assault

Winning List for Delusional Domains from Auralynx

Armengar (Raymond E. Feist, the Magician series)
    Bedrock (The Flintstones)
    Castle Mount (Robert Silverberg's Majipoor novels)
    Doomstadt (Capital of Latveria, Marvel Comics)
    The Emerald City (Oz)
    First City (Capital of Qo'noS, Klingon Empire - astonishingly, this is actually its name)
    Gondolin (JRR Tolkein, The Silmarillion)
    Harth (Monster Hunter IV)
    Ivy Town (Home of Atom 2, DC Comics Universe)
    Jerusalem's Lot (Stephen King)
    Karaz-a-Karak (Warhammer Fantasy)
    Lankhmar (Fritz Leiber, Fafhrd & the Gray Mouser stories)
    Melnibonรฉ (Michael Moorcock, primarily the Elric novels)
    Nessus (Gene Wolf's Book of the New Sun)
    Orbit City (The Jetsons)
    Pawnee, Indiana (Parks & Recreation)
    Quirm (Discworld)
    Ratchet (World of Warcraft)
    Sanctuary (Thieves' World, Primary Setting)
    Tanelorn (Michael Moorcock, Various)
    Ubaryd (Malazan Book of the Fallen series, Deadhouse Gates in particular)
    Venusville (Total Recall, film)
    Whoville (Doctor Seuss)
    Xak Tsaroth (D&D, Dragonlance)
    Ys (Mythical drowned city in Brittany)
    Zhentil Keep (D&D, Forgotten Realms)

Game starts with posts going out on the 27th with the first day ending 6:00 PM PST on the 28th, regardless.

Bluecyan on
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Sadly i'll be traveling for the holidays so this will have to be a Reserve me up!

JPants on
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    When are you wanting this to start?

The 27th ideally, though I could push that back if people would prefer.

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular

The 27th ideally, though I could push that back if people would prefer.

Well that's the day I get back so lets go ahead and change it to a Sign Me Up!

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I'm in

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I might be the only Phalla-er going to PAX Unplugged, but that's going to make participation dicey the weekend of the 30th for me.

Guess I'll have to have won by then.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I'll play your game you rogue

AustinP0027 on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    The wealth and strange governance led to some odd habits. Nearly every job was triplicated, one for each phase of the working day: Morning, Afternoon and Evening to ensure fair and unbiased results could be obtained. .

Do certain roles have abilities that require one to be online/active at a certain time (of the day) in order to use them?

Egos wrote: ยป
    The wealth and strange governance led to some odd habits. Nearly every job was triplicated, one for each phase of the working day: Morning, Afternoon and Evening to ensure fair and unbiased results could be obtained. .

Do certain roles have abilities that require one to be online/active at a certain time (of the day) in order to use them?

No, powers can be triggered any time during the day (except some rare powers which must be triggered atleast two hours prior to vote close). The morning/afternoon/evening shifts have different effects but are not impacted by the actual time of day.

ok cool

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Reserve up, please.

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Have you seen a picture of my daughter!?! She's so cute Roy! She's employed being the cutest thing on the planet!

38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    me

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Signup. Been forever since I last played, but I ought to be able to find my playing style without too much trouble, I think.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Is there a player limit?

38thDoE on steam

One would assume 20 is the minimum ;-)

No maximum player limit this game

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Sup dudes I just finished my other mafia league.

Iโ€™m definitely ready for slower forum games again.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    WqftNay.jpg
    y tho

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Mayor_Leads_You has a mighty nice ring to it~

VayBJ4e.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Phalla!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Phalla![/quote]

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Would not knowing references hurt me in this Phalla?

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i was summoned

edited November 2018
    Would not knowing references hurt me in this Phalla?

No

Bluecyan on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Thanks for the invite, but I'm on vacation for a week. And trying to plot my own game...

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Wait there were references?

38thDoE on steam

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Wait there were references?

Not sure if there was or not, just asking in case there was.

As for this Phalla: [colorg=purple] Reserve [/color] because I am not 100% sure of how free I will be because I work retail and it's the Holidays.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    Doesn't look like this game is getting to twenty. I'll lock the sign up sheet at 6:00 PM PST tomorrow, regardless of player count and we'll start then.

Sorry for the delay.

Role PMs going out now. When they are out Day 0 post will go up and the day will begin.

Day Zero

Another gruesome series of murders last night and still the police are baffled. In a press conference yesterday, the Day Commissioner blamed the Night Watch for allowing this to happen. The Night Watch Captain was not able to respond with their own statement as he had passed during our interview last night. The Afternoon watch played the party line, blaming rowdy teens in a statement this morning. They threaten to cancel this years prom unless the murders stop.

Historically, the week after an election is uneventful as people wait for the aides to set the new mayor up. These malcontents clearly have no value to our town's traditions. In a surprise move, the new mayor has enacted the old 'Werewolf' contingency. An old law in which the justice for these murders is turned over to the citizens of this town.
    Critics have called the old laws 'Barbaric' and 'nothing more than Witch-hunts'. Though most have thrown their support behind the Mayor and look forward to the coming days as 'Engaging fun for the whole family'. One of the local evening bakers told our reporters 'Its about time, feels like months since we last had one of these'.

All Posts are out, the day has begun. If you did not get something please let me know.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    JPants.

Why? There is no why, only a how.
    And there is no how, other than a d15 fell out of my pocket.

Did you guys hear what my daughter did yesterday? She made a picture of a pig cupid. I don't know why she's so beautiful and talented. (I don't know why she made a pig cupid either. Its hardly seasonally appropriate.) I think I'm going to enter her into an art contest!
    You have my support Roy!

38thDoE on steam

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Who could possibly be behind these murders? The correct answer is AustinP0027. How do I know? Amazing intuition. Am I going to spend the entire phalla answering my own rhetorical questions? Probably not.

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    JPants.

Why? There is no why, only a how.
    And there is no how, other than a d15 fell out of my pocket.

I believe it's traditional to rush to kill the first person to vote, so
    color=red]Luceces[/color]

unless something better comes up.