Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I started playing this again about three weeks ago (PC and Switch), and I was in for a shock.

It turns out I didn't know anything about this game.

I didn't realize they give away sets for doing season achievements, and I didn't realize how ridiculously overpowered set bonuses are. I didn't know rebirth was a thing.

I had never even found the Kunai Cube before, much less used it.

In all these years I'd never gotten past Torment 2.

This is like a different game now.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    HexDex wrote: »
    While saders may be "weak" this season, that is relative. I just cleared GR87 with a trash version of condemn, and plan to take my BS build to at least 90. Saders are fine and making popcorn (throwing shields) is fun!

I should be on tonight to invite people, but I log off "early" for most people. I head to bed at 21:00 Eastern which is when lots of you crazy night owls actually log in to play. If I'm not around, Betsuni, Zerospace, or Noggin likely will be and they can all add you too.

Somehow I never fully caught on to this... that explains why I’d always lose track of you after opening weekend!

Also, condemn looks really good. I’m going to give that a try until I can up my LoD and ancient count, but “popcorn” is pretty good even now

lol. yeah. I am only on "late" on weekends, and these days the only weekend anyone is active in the season is the first one.

I am up early during the week, and I like sleep, so I just got to bed at a reasonable hour to get it. Which means, I miss people most nights in games. haha.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I've barely been able to play yet but i have completed the haedrigs for my DH and with shit gear im at TX. I should actually be able to play in the next few days, hopefully i can get a good UE MS speed build together and start farming rifts!

Al_wat on
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Crusader is rolling t16 easily now, thanks to a cubed messerchmidt's. I was low on materials and didn't quite have the CDR to keep akarats champion up, then I had a lightbulb moment. Now I can reset AC well ahead of time, and even use iron skin and steed more often.

This is why items like that are so awesome even if they never become "meta". More options and ways to make things come together is only a good thing!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    I might try raekor in a week or two when I have time but I just wish each hero had their own stash chest with all the tabs save for one that was shared space. I have way too many of everything now.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    My free primal was a puzzle ring

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »

Me too!!! What are the odds?

It was so much fun running it on T16... So... many... Goblins (and 2 blue Gobs).

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Last season I was doing thorns Crusader for a while, and got an ancient Puzzle Ring. I wasn't hurting for resources, and thought I'd do the Ancient Vault (or whatever it's called) just for fun. Man, what a frustrating exercise. The thorns Crusader has no range and just about no AOE, and since goblins don't attack you, your throns doesn't hit them back. I think I killed maybe 10% of the goblins in there, at best.

• Options
    Ouch, man that sucks. Good thing you didn't need the stuff, but still hurts watching gobs escape.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Ouch, man that sucks. Good thing you didn't need the stuff, but still hurts watching gobs escape.

And that's why I default to a multishot DH setup 99% of the time.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Poketpixie wrote: »

And that's why I default to a multishot DH setup 99% of the time.
    Oh yeah, that's a night-and-day experience.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    It's definitely annoying how poorly equipped some specs (mainly melee) are to deal with goblins.

• Options
    Poketpixie wrote: »

And that's why I default to a Shadow DH setup 99% of the time.

Fixed that error for you. Mwuaahahahaha.
    forty wrote: »
    It's definitely annoying how poorly equipped some specs (mainly melee) are to deal with goblins.

Yeah I can't agree with this more. Or a build that doesn't have any way to run after them once they bolt.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

It was so much fun running it on T16... So... many... Goblins (and 2 blue Gobs).

I started as DH this season.......... coincidence???

• Options

I started as DH this season.......... coincidence???

It is the sign of the apocalypse. Al not starting with a Wiz???

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    We'll see how long i can last before making one.

Although thanks to somehow finding WD set items i am kinda tempted to make a WD alt. Havent played one in years

• Options
    So I finished the season without using my Haedrigs gifts. I wish I could transfer those over to a HC character. haha.

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    When is a good time to transition from a 6pc Ahkhan's Blessed Shield build to LoD Blessed Shield? I can do T13 with no issues and am still able to go higher currently.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    The way I’m looking at it is when your lod bonus will be bigger than 1500%. So at around 120% bonus on your lod. Less if you have mostly ancients.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    So I finished the game I wanted to get done this weekend today, so I can jump into trying a Barb early. So expect to see me pop into games and draft off your cyclones of death to hit 70 fast. I'm glad the conquests seem to be pretty easy this time.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Well thanks to a quick PL by Steve and Hex, I now have my whole set and I'm almost done with Slayer. I did not realize Raekor was just mindless fun of hitting charge over and over and if that doesn't kill something a since a single Hammer of The Ancients will. I don't have any of the gems, the right weapons, the right cube slots, or jewelry and I'm just exploding everything around me. Not sure how high I can go, I'll check if any of you are on tomorrow.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I found a Primal Yangs! :o

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I skipped last season. How's this one?

Is a Monk WoL build viable? I think that's my favorite, second being a DH Multishotter, probably.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Both are good, but MS can especially benefit from the revamped captain crimson’s. (Dmg and toughness from cdr and RCR, respectively)

The season bonus is little rings on the ground that give you buffs, and the one that reduces resource cost works with Crimsons too. The others are double damage and faster cooldown speeds (doesn’t count as cdr, just recovers faster)

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Does the duration of the circles change over time? I could swear that at the very early levels, they lasted longer, like a good 8-10 seconds, and now its somewhat variable, but as short as 2 seconds.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Both are good, but MS can especially benefit from the revamped captain crimson’s. (Dmg and toughness from cdr and RCR, respectively)

The season bonus is little rings on the ground that give you buffs, and the one that reduces resource cost works with Crimsons too. The others are double damage and faster cooldown speeds (doesn’t count as cdr, just recovers faster)

Thanks!

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    I found a Primal Yangs! :o

Well, don't leave us hanging, i want to see a screenshot of the stats :P

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I like M6 okay for solo, but it's a pain if you're trying to run rifts with people. I eventually just sort of gave up and followed people around, picking up DB's and legendaries. Once I got 5 pieces of UE and crafted up 2 pieces of Crimson's, though, I breezed through the rest of the journey objectives. I usually only play until I've gotten all of the objectives, but I might go back and do some grinding just to level up the LoN gem. I also realized that I mostly only have 1 set dungeon complete on every class, so I might try to bang those out just to unlock the wings.

I'm a masochist, though, so I've still got the Switch journey. I missed the boat a bit on that this season and I'm still leveling my monk. I should be able to hit 70 tonight, though, and then I'll see how quickly I can get my Haedrig's.

• Options
    Yeah Marauder is a good set, but not fast. UE and Shadow are much faster for speedy runs. The Nats/Marauder build is really tanky and slow, but at least it really doesn't depend on Vengeance to run like UE and Shadow.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    99% of every season I end up back at Shadow. It's just so damned good. I hadn't done UE in a long time, and I don't know if I just didn't remember or if it had some buffs since the last time I touched it, but it's obviously way better at clearing screens than impale. As much as I love zipping from place to place, Shadow kind of sucks if content is too easy, since you're always out of hatred. Multishot doesn't care.

I despise Nat. It's never clicked for me, but it was the only DH set dungeon I hadn't mastered yet, so that's the one I did this season. And it only reaffirmed for me how much I hate it.

• Options
    Ive been having a good time with multishot just cause its so fast. On a slowed down version of the build (more def and dmg) i had no prob with GR100.

• Options
    A recommendation for the Nats Set Dungeon is to nerf your damage output by equipping bad weapons. That way you can strafe around and not one shot everything. It is so much better and honestly the third easiest DH Set dungeon once you learn this. The worst is still UE...

Also yeah I always keep UE for farming or regular rift running. Nothing can balance speed and killing for the DH. Either that or I run a Shadow build with a generator instead of Fan of Knives.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Even with intentionally tanking my DPS, I was clearing it too quickly to hit the 90s timer. I had to keep an eye on the rains cooldown and just do circles when it had refreshed. Once it was about to expire I'd activate it and then zoom over until I found dudes again. Just a real pain. I don't hate set dungeons the way a lot of people do, but I really hate that several of them require playing suboptimally like Nat's.

• Options
    Yeah it really was not nice for it to be so easy to do with a fresh build rather than a leveled up one. Especially now that it is so easy to be overpowered. Luckily you can turn off most of the Paragon points to further nerf the damage. I'd hate to see how bad it would be having to run it with full Paragon points.

I had to tune down the damage for Shadow as well.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    That's really the entire problem with the set dungeons and why they were such a bad design.

It is possible to fail the dungeon by playing the game correctly. That is absurd.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    I want to thank @Klatu for giving me a hand with my Barb today, and thanks to him running GR85's and explaining one fun thing the cube can do, I now have all the items for my build. I went from doing GR 50's to 75's once I got the missing pieces. I can do most of the gem grinding on my own now, and I think the only thing I will need help with is either Speed Demon or Boss Mode (unless curses is easy to find a chest that feed you enough enemies).

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    übergeek wrote: »
    I want to thank @Klatu for giving me a hand with my Barb today, and thanks to him running GR85's and explaining one fun thing the cube can do, I now have all the items for my build. I went from doing GR 50's to 75's once I got the missing pieces. I can do most of the gem grinding on my own now, and I think the only thing I will need help with is either Speed Demon or Boss Mode (unless curses is easy to find a chest that feed you enough enemies).

Curses is easy. Look for the bounty Cursed Peat in Act 5. The event is good if you can do area damage.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Speed Demon is pretty easy, too, IMO, if you generally run in public games. I got it accidentally just from public rifting for more keys. I can't remember if it was on T13 or T16, but it was definitely higher than T10.

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Speed Demon would definitely be my suggestion - I did a 47 second T16 rift a few days ago and didn't see the Conquest pop up, so I was like... what the... and then looked and saw I'd got the conquest 5 days earlier by accident and didn't even notice. Curses is easy, but it can RNG you out and make you spend a lot of time looking for it.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    Well at least for now, Curses is out of my grasp solo. HoTA damage wave just isn't enough AoE to hit enough stuff. I'll save it for last and find someone to help me when the time comes. I can only manage about 280 each time.

camo_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.