As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Noggin wrote: »
    New PTR, patch and season details:
    “Season of the Triune aims to change your moment-to-moment game play right from level one”.

Triune's Will: All abilities have a chance when hitting an enemy to spawn a circle that gives a power. Only one circle can be active at a time.
    * Power: Players in the circle receive a 100% damage bonus while active
    * Resource Reduction: Players in the circle receive a 50% discount on resources spent while active
    * Cooldown Reduction: While standing in an active circle, any skills currently on cooldown come off of cooldown more quickly.

Changes:
    * Flavor of Time
    * New Legendary Power: Pylon effects last twice as long.

* The Executioner
    * New Legendary Power: Attacks will slay enemies with less than (5-10%) health.

* Stone Gauntlets
    * New Legendary Power: Getting attacked will slowly turn you to stone... (You gain 50% more armor, but your movement speed is reduced by 15% and attack speed is reduced by 20%. This effect stacks up to 5 times)

* Echoing Fury
    * New Legendary Power: Slaying enemies engulfs the wielder into a Frenzy. (Killing enemies increases your attack speed by 15% and movement speed by 5%. This effect stacks up to 5 times)

* Squirt's Necklace
    * New Legendary Power: While not taking damage, your damage is increased by up to 100% and damage taken is increased by up to 50%.

* Messerschmidt's Reaver
    * New Legendary Power: Reduce the remaining cooldown of one of your skills by 1 second when you slay an enemy.

* Mortick's Brace
    * New Legendary Item: Wrath of the Berserker gains the effect of every rune.
    * Developer's Note: If you played during the Patch 2.2.0 PTR, you'll recognize this as an item that was later removed from the game before it went to live servers. At the time, Mortick's Brace gave too much power for a single item slot. However, the power curve of Diablo III has changed significantly since then and we're comfortable with bringing it back.

* Spite
    * Note: This item can be crafted from the Blacksmith and is not a normal loot drop
    * New Legendary Power: Non-cleaving Gargantuans gain the cleave and chilling effects of the Humongoid rune.

* Legacy of Dreams
    * New Legendary Gem:
    * While you have no set bonuses equipped, every Legendary item you have equipped increases your damage dealt by 3.75% and reduces your damage taken by 2%. (Max level 99)
    * Rank 25: This bonus is doubled for Ancient items.
    * Developer's Note: The end game opened up significantly with Season 17's Legacy of Nightmare's buff (and the community was clear about how much these new options were appreciated), but wanted to make this addition a more permanent fixture in a more streamlined way than simply making it baseline. This Legendary Gem should open that path up even further and at more opportunities than just late game Greater Rift pushing.

* Crafted Sets
    * Note: The following sets have been significantly revised from their existing level 70 counterparts. Items crafted prior to 2.6.6 will continue to exist in their old forms but will not be updated after the patch. In addition, after the patch, the old recipes will no longer be available to craft and all players will need to re-acquire these recipes by finding the plans again through Horadric Caches or by killing Odious Collectors.

* Sage's Journey
    * A Belt has been added to this set.
    * Haedrig the Blacksmith now automatically learns how to forge this set at Rank 12.

* Captain Crimson's Trimmings
    * (2) Set Bonus
    * Regenerates 6000 Life per Second
    * Reduces cooldown of all skills by10% 20%.
    * Now also reduces Resource Costs by 20%
    * (3) Set Bonus
    * Set bonuses have been replaced
    * Damage dealt is increased by your total percentage of Cooldown Reduction
    * Damage taken is reduced by your total percentage of Resource Cost Reduction

* Aughild's Authority
    * (2) Set Bonus
    * Set bonuses have been replaced
    * Reduces damage taken by 15%
    * Increases damage dealt by 30%
    * (3) Set Bonus
    * Reduces damage from elites by15% 30%
    * Increases damage against elites by15 30%

* Cain's Destiny
    * (2) Set Bonus
    * Attack Speed increased by 8%
    * +50% Experience. (5.0% at level 70) (Moved from (3) Set Bonus)
    * (3) Set Bonus
    * When a Greater Rift Keystone drops, there is a 25% chance for an extra one to drop.

Sorry for formatting, but uhh...

- Theme is a entirely new mechanic
    - New legendary effects
    - MORTICKS BRACE
    - LoN AS GEM!?!? Works w/ non-ancients at half the effect!!
    - Crafted set buffs

... holy shit
    Al_wat wrote: »
    there are a TON of changes wow

Crafted sets are going to be much more relevant now

Oh ya, I think people will figure out some real broken ass combos with crimsons

Edit- double quote for context

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    If we get Mortick's Brace give monks an item for Epiphany runes so you can use something more than Desert Shroud.

butts
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    * Spite
    * Note: This item can be crafted from the Blacksmith and is not a normal loot drop
    * New Legendary Power: Non-cleaving Gargantuans gain the cleave and chilling effects of the Humongoid rune.
    That seems weirdly worded to me.

• Options
    Also, damn, the janitor has been hard at work on Diablo 3.

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    I am really happy to see all of these additions, it's a great sign that they're putting some real effort into it at this point. But...

Three major disappointments that relate to "endgame" or anyone that cares about leaderboards:
    - the new circles dramatically benefit group play because they spawn per player. 4-man groups will have almost constant choices of +damage or +cooldown while solo will often get strings of -resource.
    - the new circles add a whole new rng layer to any push. Did you open a rift 2 higher and get a lucky circle spawn during your CoE cycle/cooldown pop? congrats on your rank.
    - continuation of LoN buff and no major balance changes mean that Rats are going to be the only way to gain paragon and the Wizard/Necro meta team is still going to be the only thing anyone's interested in running.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Dramatic changes to gameplay and the meta for each season are a very good thing IMO, but the circles thing is a really low effort version of that. Like the team knows now that they should have been doing seasonal events all along, but they don't have the manpower on D3 anymore to add anything but really simple modifiers that are already implemented in the game. It's disappointing, but at least they're doing something.

• Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    The new stone gauntlets power seems weird. But I guess it works with a frenzy build?

Lots here aimed at the barbarian it looks like. But some interesting things to go in the cube now with these new powers.

Pylons lasting twice as long could be fun, especially at early levels during the grind. Getting that conduit and just clearing for twice as long. Maybe my conduits will last until I find the speed shrine now haha.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    I think I'm most excited about legacy of dreams. It makes the bonus a whole lot more interesting and accessible.

The crimson's change is interesting too. I'm probably going to try to play something that can use that, if I can.

Not really a fan of Squirt's, as apt as it is. GR Pushing already turns into glass cannon builds, even without this encouragement, especially when it most benefits wizards thanks to their absorbs.

• Options
    Season 17 ends 8/18... Season 18 TBA

Some things will change based on feedback, also TBA

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Anyone checked out the PTR? Are there gonna be some cool new builds if all the announced changes make it to live?

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I'll be honest... I have not touched D3 after I got the wings. Yeah I've been bad.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    I didn't play it, but watched some videos... as is, the new hotness is definitely Captain Crimson's:
    2pc:
    - 6000 life/sec + 20% CDR + 20% RCR
    3pc:
    - Damage dealt is increased by your total percentage of Cooldown Reduction
    - Damage taken is reduced by your total percentage of Resource Cost Reduction

Currently, that RCR=Toughness works with the 40-50% from Yang's Recurve! So if it wasn't already obvious what @Betsuni was going to play...

The new legendaries are pretty good too, though kinda leaning toward speed running over pushing.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Do you really need the toughness if you're just entering the rift, multishotting in one direction, and killing the entire rift + the rift boss in one volley?

• Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I've fallen asleep on my keyboard before, so it's more a nice-to-have.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Do you really need the toughness if you're just entering the rift, multishotting in one direction, and killing the entire rift + the rift boss in one volley?

not if that is the case. But for GRs, if I remember correctly, MS builds usually end up suffering from low toughness and you end up dying a LOT. Crimson could help even that out

• Options
    I was mooooostly kidding. My (limited) experience playing Multishot was that I could one-shot two screens' worth of mobs, but then also be one-shot in return by a stray missile/something that jumps from off-screen/etc.

Now that there's just over a week left in the season, I thought "Ah yes, now is the time to start working on a second character to see if I can get a third conquest". I gave my level 1 character a primal Warmonger with a Gem of Easy in it, distributed 600+ paragon points, and did some rifts. I think it took like 4-5 rifts to hit 70 on T5? You know how when you level up, you get the little visual flair with your new level flashing across your screen, and then a summary of the new skills/runes you've unlocked? The UI couldn't catch up with the speed at which I was gaining levels. Once those updates started scrolling on my screen, they didn't stop for the duration of two rifts.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    N5GX4Q1.jpg

IT IS DONE!

Finally triggered after 11,474 bounties...

Noggin on
  • Options
    Woo! Congrats!!!!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Now to never play Diablo 3 again!

• Options
    But I still need want don’t have cosmic wings and Liv Moore!

• Options

I never realized that there was another pet to find. Thanks! Now I have to figure out if I want her.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

I never realized that there was another pet to find. Thanks! Now I have to figure out if I want her.

Hey Bets, quick question for you. Why is it after all the time I put in I didn't come across another Karlei's Point, let alone a better one?

camo_sig.png
  • Options

Narrator: He did

• Options
    Congrats Noggin! It's a good feeling to have it done with. Bounties are by far the biggest hurdle, but I guess it all depends on when you tackle it. In 10 more seasons for instance, it'd be less of a hurdle.

Even resetting over and over for some of the rares isn't too bad.

Tip for those wanting to 100% the in game cheevos... do all your rare monster hunting in hardcore mode. Saves so much double handling. And some of the rares are HC only.

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular

I wish they'd add a bunch of seasonal pets. Halloween pets would be pretty easy but it shouldn't be hard to come up with horror themed pets for the other holidays.

• Options
    Unfortunately I think cosmetics are pretty much done. Season 18 has no new rewards. They said there could be more later, but going forward it’ll mostly be recycling older rewards. There’s apparently a “future of diablo” blog post in the works that’ll probably expand on this.

Also, we still haven’t seen the final 2.6.6 notes or even the start date. Hopefully soon, but I’m assuming it’s held up by a couple pretty big bugs from PTR.
    - Squirts necklace was only giving 5% damage taken penalty instead of 50%, and no icon.
    - Crimsons was found to snapshot your CDR & RCR, which tends to lead to problems compared to working dynamically.

• Options
    übergeek wrote: »

Hey Bets, quick question for you. Why is it after all the time I put in I didn't come across another Karlei's Point, let alone a better one?

Honestly, I usually upgrade them to get more. Then once you get a decent one they start dropping like flies.
    Unfortunately I think cosmetics are pretty much done. Season 18 has no new rewards. They said there could be more later, but going forward it’ll mostly be recycling older rewards. There’s apparently a “future of diablo” blog post in the works that’ll probably expand on this.

Also, we still haven’t seen the final 2.6.6 notes or even the start date. Hopefully soon, but I’m assuming it’s held up by a couple pretty big bugs from PTR.
    - Squirts necklace was only giving 5% damage taken penalty instead of 50%, and no icon.
    - Crimsons was found to snapshot your CDR & RCR, which tends to lead to problems compared to working dynamically.

Awww, I am hoping that isn't true. Cosmetics are the best reason to continue to play. Especially if they made a version of the Cosmic Wings easier to get.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Was looking into the PTR for barb info, apparently it is pretty bleak for the class. The upgraded crafted sets do not create any new builds for barbs, and morticks brace is only usable in 2 builds, neither of which improve, at all, by the addition.

Sad times. I miss you Vanilla barb.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    Demon Hunter was powerful in the beta, still is pretty decent today. Finally, I backed the correct character.

Although the demo movies of Barbarians being this unstoppable Force would have been fun to play... Instead we get a character that is squishier than someone wearing cloth bathrobes (or nothing at all).

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    A lot of Barb armor seems to very intentionally expose very vital areas, so I think them being squishy aligns with the fiction.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    A lot of Barb armor seems to very intentionally expose very vital areas, so I think them being squishy aligns with the fiction.

They're still a Strength class that are all about being big bulky muscle gods, so one would expect them to be less squishy than everybody else save the Crusader. Though it makes sense to have a "berserker" type build that is really squishy in exchange for offense. Trouble is, D3 is explicitly a speedrunning game now and offense is everything. So if there's a squishy offense build available, that's the one that's going to top the charts.

• Options
    They should show off their 8-packs less and wear armor that covers up their kidneys more, is all I'm saying.

• Options
    Future of diablo post is up- mostly covering the success of themed seasons and shorter PTR cycle, appreciation of player feedback, and mentioning the new d3 forums and trying to increase communication.

Here’s the best part:
    Our crew is hard at work crafting additional Themed Seasons, a new set for each class, dozens of Legendary powers, and some class balance changes. Quality of life and the occasional gameplay system updates are also within scope, as we evaluate how we can keep bringing new magic to the world of Sanctuary.

Me: Noice.
    Also me: Updated 2.6.6 notes & S18 WHEN!?!?

• Options
    New sets??? Wow.

Sooooo maaaayyyyybbbeeeeeee an army Necro set that doesn't require you to spam Mages?

Rapid Fire Demon Hunter?

Barbarian that can tank and kill monsters?

Crusader that has a shield throw set?

Monk that is not just a ZDPS?

Wizard gets NOTHING!

Witch Doctor set that can open doors and Grift?

Also I sooooo want new transmogs.

But yeah that is great that they are actually still working on the game.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Yup, and Nev confirmed completely new sets, including art.

And some of those builds are a thing!
    - Rapid fire (sorta, stupid nade belt...)
    - Blessed Shield for sure
    - Wave of Light is super good!
    - Carnevil can break doors, and Jade. Jade is underrated!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Kind of want a Wizard set that does for Ice what Pheonix does for fire damage.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Some sort of cold based set for Wiz would be really cool

• Options
    I have to admit that I am absolutely amazed that there is such active development for a non-service game that was released seven years ago. Even if you consider Reaper of Souls to be the "real" Diablo 3, which is an imagined argument I just made up to make my point seem more impressive, that's still five years old! Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, given how long support for StarCraft 1 was - but also let's be real, Diablo 3 is not exactly StarCraft 1 in terms of impact, importance, and visibility.

I wonder what the number-of-active-players stats look like on this thing.

• Options
    I was thinking about this recently: what sorts of things would y'all like to see in a D4? Like item-design strategies, classes, game mechanics, whatever.

I think at the top of my list is less reliance on stacks of buffs for character durability. I'm playing a Necromancer and Witch Doctor right now, and both of them need to build stacks of something (Bone Armor for Necromancer, Soul Harvest + Lakumba's Ornament for Witch Doctor) to stay alive for longer than a few seconds. This is fine if you can keep up tempo, where you're constantly moving through groups of living enemies and refreshing the stacks, but if you overstep/get unlucky/whatever and get killed, you're reborn back into the world as naked as a babe. You can't build up the stacks in cleared areas, because you need live enemies to do it, and moving into live-enemy territory without the stacks makes it much more likely that you'll get killed again before you can ramp up.

I don't even know if it's an objectively bad design, it seems like an interesting space to explore, but I've had so many occasions where I get chain-killed like five times in a row before I can get back to normal operating damage resistance. It's very frustrating; I can be gliding through a rift effortlessly, but one misstep and now I gave to deal with several moments of intense irritation.

Of course, this is only an issue because D3 has evolved into a game that prioritizes climbing a ladder of difficulty, and running as fast as possible (with any slow-downs being penalized directly in grifts, and indirectly just because your XP-and-resource-gain-per-minute drops). Eventually you hit a point where the only meaningful gains you can get are from mobs that do enough damage to one-shot you. So I guess there are other knobs to tweak if they want to maintain buff-based toughness.

• Options
    Yup, and Nev confirmed completely new sets, including art.

And some of those builds are a thing!
    - Rapid fire (sorta, stupid nade belt...)
    - Blessed Shield for sure
    - Wave of Light is super good!
    - Carnevil can break doors, and Jade. Jade is underrated!

Oh I know those things but just being silly.

Ice Wiz would be fun to see. Slowing and freezing everything.

You know, I'm not sure what I'd take for a D4. I just like killing monsters, getting loot and killing more monsters. Oh and a neat story with movies.

oosik_betsuni.png
This discussion has been closed.