As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Thanks once again to Bets, Zero, Noggin, and Hoover for getting me across the finish line. A quick Lv 70 and a few hours of farming and I have all the DH sets and the weapons to fill out the 2 "best" versions. They went above and beyond and I got my wings.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    This week's Challenge Rift is a mess. Speaking of which, has anyone here ever ended up (knowingly) having one of their own characters being the Challenge Rift?

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    In EU, a DH streamer’s Thrill build was selected, but it was so weird and technical that he apologized to everyone and put out a guide.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    So far I'm just equipping whatever ancients I find on my DH, before I start really trying to focus on "a build". I do damage just fine, but I have yet to find wraps of clarity or elusive ring, so I'm made of wet tissue paper. I have an avarice ring and goldwrap, so I've decided I'm just going to make maxing my boon of the hoarder a priority for now. But man, it's rough.

• Options
    What do you have in the cube armor slot?

If it’s nothing particularly important, you can spend blood shards on bracers on a lvl 1 DH alt and have a very high chance to get the Wraps to extract.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I think I’ll make a new wizard to try and get etched sigil from Kadala.

Is there and ideal time to try and get Deathwish, or should I just upgrade swords?

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Anyone make any Zdps support builds?

I'm thinking I will get a zNec build going. If people want to push higher GRs, some zdps characters will help a lot!

• Options
    Right now I think I'm just rocking Nemesis. Suppose I could roll an alt. Was hoping they would drop naturally, but it's also harder and harder to grind gem levels as I get up there with minimal defenses.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Are you on the PC? We just fully equipped Uber in a hour or so of running full T16 Regular Rifts.

Other than that, yeah just grind on rifts and greaters at the level you can smoothly run them. Eventually they'll drop from kadala or in the rifts. The only thing I usually upgrade for are weapons and jewelry.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Feldorn wrote: »
    I think I’ll make a new wizard to try and get etched sigil from Kadala.

Is there and ideal time to try and get Deathwish, or should I just upgrade swords?

Just upgrade, kadala is terrible for weapons anyway.

Otherwise, here’s a site where you can see what level items are available for shards: http://d3resource.com/itemlevel/. You go by the “item level” for gambling. A lvl 1 can find anything that’s item level 1-16.

• Options
    I'm playing on Switch, but I'm a broke brain who will also try to finish the season on PC at some point, but I haven't rolled a character there yet.

• Options
    I finally got an ancient tasker and theo last night, and it actually rolled really well too!

While that's normally pretty mundane news... not having a usable pair was forcing me to cube it, which forced me to wear non-ancient reaper's wraps, which deadlocked me at 12/13 ancients and precluded the use of nemesis bracers. Also, having to use Tragoul gloves instead meant that I couldn't wear my ancient Int/Crit/Mage% Tragoul helm without breaking the LoN bonus. That reminds me, I gotta switch that on, I think I left on my Blind Faith...

Now I'll probably go for Steuart's Greaves, or Nailuj/CoE to replace Briggs' and cube the other. It'll be harder to get usable versions of Leo Crown (crit/mage), Nemesis bracers (phys/crit), and especially Haunted Visions. That last one is going to suck.

• Options
    You know what is funny... After you left that night we got a few T&T and one of them was ancient. It was like the game was taunting you through us.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Oh, I don't doubt that at all.

"Hex, you can have an ancient Aquila if I find it"
    *HexDex has gone offline*

! [Chest]

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Noggin wrote: »
    Oh, I don't doubt that at all.

"Hex, you can have an ancient Aquila if I find it"
    *HexDex has gone offline*

! [Chest]

Why do you hurt me so.

Granted, I have not been playing as much as I could, but I am still stuck at 10/13 ancients for my lon shields. it sucks. lol.

HexDex on
    If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    I finally got my first useful primal the other day. Shadow Pants. So all is good in the world.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    My 70 GR pity primal was a broken staff

Hooray

• Options
    oof. I forget mine already, it was one of the useless amulets. I actually got a primal Haunted Visions, but of course the stats were useless. Third and only useful primal so far was Frostburns, which I passed to a wizard alt.

• Options
    Hm. I wanted to do an LoN DH just because it was something new, but I didn't bother to do any research or anything. But it looks like a set is still going to be the better build for a DH? I already have an ancient yang's and DML, maybe I'll just go for a UE build this season. Haven't done that in a long time.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    I have a primal woh which i am going to try in a LoN EB build. I also got a primal twister sword which... probably isnt ever going to be used but maybe.

I have a few other not exciting at all primals too.

Edit. I also got a primal wizardspike which seems interesting considering i have a t16 rift/bounty frozen orb lon build.... but i think it will be inferior to running aether walker + the arcane orb wand.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    My Primal ancient was a Blackthorns belt.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    I got an In-Geom as my pity primal. Technically not completely useless as I think there are some speed farming builds that use it sometimes, but I don't think I'll ever end up using it on my Monk.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    I would be super pumped if i got a primal in-geom. I think i remember using in-geom in a sunwuko WoL speed build, so i bet you can make one work with monk.

That setup was ultra fast too... just a million of those monk teleports

Al_wat on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I've gotten a primal In-Geom as well, which is kind of depressing since it's like four or five seasons after In-Geom has been the in-thing to wield as an actual weapon.

My best one so far has been the sentry quiver which is important for that ponderously slow(but powerful) turret build that's the big thing with GRifting DHs right now, but it's such a deliberate playstyle that I'm not super fond of it given DH is normally known for speedclear type mobility.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Boy howdy does jade harvester WD shit out some burst

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I've gotten a primal In-Geom as well, which is kind of depressing since it's like four or five seasons after In-Geom has been the in-thing to wield as an actual weapon.

My best one so far has been the sentry quiver which is important for that ponderously slow(but powerful) turret build that's the big thing with GRifting DHs right now, but it's such a deliberate playstyle that I'm not super fond of it given DH is normally known for speedclear type mobility.

It is slow, but man is it tough. I don't play it because I tend to forget to cast something and end up dead (RoV or Sentries).

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Boy howdy does jade harvester WD shit out some burst

It's so good! I rediscovered Jade just before the buffs and had a lot of fun with it, even then.

It can take some getting used to, but I'd say it's one of most unique and rewarding builds in the game.

• Options
    Got an etched sigil last night and it helped my newbie firebirds out a lot.

Running arcane torrent, meteor shower, and one more fire skill that’s pretty open. Cubbed Grand Vizier, Nilfers, and Karini.

My damage currently far outstrips my toughness, so I can kill T8 fine, but I also pop like a balloon.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I would be super pumped if i got a primal in-geom. I think i remember using in-geom in a sunwuko WoL speed build, so i bet you can make one work with monk.
    I'm sure one can, but I won't.

Also, thank you to Klatu and Zero for dragging me through a good number of paragon levels and random gear drops last weekend. And anyone else I might have forgotten. I can now do T13 pretty comfortably with a toughness build.

forty on
  • Options
    NukeInBootsNukeInBoots Registered User regular
    Journey complete with original crusader and a DH alt. No deaths yet this season, came close with the less familiar sets while completing the Dynasty conquest.

• Options
    Thanks @Al_wat for dragging me through some rifts to finish off my Vyrs.

I've got the build pretty well set up except for jewelry, and I need to learn how to not die when I'm not in archon.

Only 50% CDR though, so I need to work on that.

• Options
    Went and made a monk. I took a look at the group leaderboards and they all seemed to have zmonks, so seems like its pretty worthwhile to get one going!

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I'm working on a Necromancer on my Switch, trying to optimize the "Lazy" in "Lazymancer". Man, at T13 that guy feels like the glassiest of cannons. Granted, I don't have Wisdom of Kalan or the Unity/immortal follower setup, both of which would improve hardiness, but it's a bit frustrating to have such a disparity between damage and health. It doesn't matter if I overkill mobs by 100% or 10,000% if a stray arrow one-shots me.

I've actually slotted in Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard for life regen, and am considering Esoteric Alteration and/or Mutilation Guard. Maybe I should swap all my +intelligence gems to +vitality gems?

• Options
    Yeah, if survival is the problem and not damage, I would definitely recommend gem swapping and possibly changing primary paragon points from Int to Vit (if you haven't already). These last two seasons I've ended up leveling up Esoteric as one of my main gems just to help deal with my squishiness issues. How much Vit do you have?

• Options
    I've got ~8900 Int and ~3400 Vit (I'd link a profile, but this is my Switch character, so no profile to link).

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Yeah, that's definitely on the low side for Vit. I'd say run with some Vit gems/paragon for a while and see how that feels.

forty on
  • Options
    Is there a rule of thumb ratio? I have to admit that I often think of Vit as a boring dump stat, but that's of course wrong-headed because a dead character's DPS is 0.

• Options
    Somewhere around 4-4.5k vit usually, or about 800k hp. Being int, especially with Stand Alone, focus on armor enchants instead of all res.

Do you have Dayntee’s belt? If you’re using the standard build, you could swap out some of the speed for toughness. Get bone armor dislocation for stuns, cursed scythe for free decrep/leech, Aquila instead of steuarts/frostburns.

Really though, in the absence of land of the dead cheese or in-geom’d bone armor spam, necro’s best defense is just more damage. For that build, having higher levels for pain enhancer and efficacious toxin is crucial.

• Options
    Yup, I got Dayntee's. I'm not sure which build you're referencing; I'm half-heartedly building towards this build, but in reality I'm never gonna get there. I tried dropping in Nayr's Black Death and doing the whole "rotate through 4 poison skills to maintain top damage" thing, and I just can't do it. I'd probably get better with practice, but as I said, I want the LAAAAAAAZYmancer version, so I can just zone out, listen to some podcasts, and stomp demons on my commute.

I have enough difficulty maintaining a non-trivial rotation on PC, but on the Switch's small screen this particular setup is just a non-starter. All the buffs are tiny icons near the bottom of the screen (so I'd have to take my eyes off the mobs to keep track of them), and the counter on the buff is barely visible. Further, once the counter drops from 4 to 3, it doesn't tell me which skill I need to hit to go back to 4. If this was WoW, I'd write a comprehensive WeakAura to pop up some icons in the play area, so I could see when I need to activate which skill. With D3, and on the Switch to boot, I'm just going to resign myself to a less involved build, even if that means staying in B-tier.

So, right now, I've got a hodge-podge non-build. Stand Alone for defense, but also Skeleton Mages-Singularity for damage and a resource dump to activate the Leger's Disdain-empowered Grim Scythe. Reilena's Shadowhook in the cube for a passive damage boost. Dayntee's Binding and Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang in hand for the damage resist, but actually ALSO Frailty-Aura of Frailty for extra lazy (this is redundant with the Corroded Fang, I know, I should swap at least one of these out).

I'm empty on gems at the moment, but I'll work towards swapping the Int ones for Vit, and maybe level Esoteric's Alteration and see where that gets me.

• Options
    Oh man, the generator build isn’t lazy at all!

I meant this one https://www.diablofans.com/builds/91050-lazy-mancer-t13-bounty-build-patch-2-6-4

This discussion has been closed.