As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Did the Challenge Rift thing so I could upgrade a level 70 daibo to a legendary for my brand new monk. What will I get??? Will it be an Incense Torch of the Grand Temple???? Will it be the Flow of Eternity?????

It was The Paddle.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    HexDex wrote: »
    Damn, and he pulled it off at 66. Is there some sort of unlimited spawner in Act 2 to abuse?

Edit: Didn't look very closely. I see it's a Rift.

forty on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Ol RNGesus is keeping the captains plan from dropping, which is the last thing I need bounty's for until I start looking for a better RORG.

2 more pieces and I go from shield bash to thorns, I've scored all 3 bits of the Invoker set from Kadala. It'll be a nice shift since I won't have a wrath spender I'll be able to put that Aquila to actual use.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Ages ago, there used to be a way to see everyone in the clan's hero at the same time, like a little display section showing their last played character's outfit and whatnot.

Does that still exist? I've poked around at the Friend list and it's not popping out at me. Maybe it's gone, maybe I'm crazy, maybe I'm missing something really obvious...

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    HexDex wrote: »
    Damn, and he pulled it off at 66. Is there some sort of unlimited spawner in Act 2 to abuse?

My son and I hit 935 on the Cow level you get by putting a Bovine Bardiche in the cube... not sure if there is 1000 spawns in there or not.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Heh, found a goblin that split into smaller goblins, and they all dropped goblin loot.

There is seemingly infinitely more ways, and more fun ways, to get loot in the game now than even a few years ago, it might as well be a different game. More and more I don't really get why some folks are still so hung up on D2. Yeah, vs D3 at launch and even some time after, till at least the expansion, D2 was still the better game. But now? Doing virtually anything is beneficial, and sometimes insanely so.

This vs Baal runs? Yeah, I hope D4 doesn't run too far from D3.

EDIT: broken crown gives an extra gem, that's nuts. WTB some gem goblins. Getting more gems than I can possibly afford to upgrade at this point. Doing T4, I'm killing pretty smoothly, but I also die nearly as fast. Walking that tightrope, though I'm sure I could change my skills and get a lot more survivability if I wanted. Right now I'm just dead set on getting the complete 6pc set. Almost done with Chapter 3, just some bounties to do then on to Chapter 4.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    oh hey, if i reroll a legendary, can it reroll a higher level? Or does the reroll thing only work on 70 stuff? I've got a puzzle ring that's lower level that apparently now can just open a portal to the greed realm, but as it's lower level not sure if it's worth it. I should probably extract it regardless, just to have it, but just wondering.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    oh hey, if i reroll a legendary, can it reroll a higher level? Or does the reroll thing only work on 70 stuff? I've got a puzzle ring that's lower level that apparently now can just open a portal to the greed realm, but as it's lower level not sure if it's worth it. I should probably extract it regardless, just to have it, but just wondering.

It can reroll higher or go ancient/primal edit: but it's probably not worth the currency to do it tbh

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Why does the map say the key dude is at stonefort but sometimes he's not there? Every other key dude is always in the area the map says.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Ages ago, there used to be a way to see everyone in the clan's hero at the same time, like a little display section showing their last played character's outfit and whatnot.

Does that still exist? I've poked around at the Friend list and it's not popping out at me. Maybe it's gone, maybe I'm crazy, maybe I'm missing something really obvious...

With the broken code it sorta works. They should be there if you open the clan list and it shows a row of characters on the bottom. But I noticed it isn't working thanks to the game being broken.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Why does the map say the key dude is at stonefort but sometimes he's not there? Every other key dude is always in the area the map says.

They are always in the same area but they aren’t the same place. I always have trouble finding the act 3 one, I think because of the map layout.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Well normally it seems, no matter where they are in the zone their purple marker shows when you enter the area. Even if they're waaaaay in the other side (going to garden if hope 3 is often faster to get the act 4 keywarden than the 2 waypoint). But sometimes the act 3 warden doesn't pop up on the map at all and even after exploring the whole place it isn't there. I don't bother even looking now if the arrow doesn't show I just remake the game.

Aaaanyway got the 6pc Rathma and the bonus description totally undersells how much the minions are buffed. T4 is now stupid easy, I'll move on up later and see how far I can push it.

Good times.

• Options
    Yeah, once you get your first set, T4 becomes trivial. You should be able to move up to at least T6, more depending on the set or how many other good pieces you have.

• Options
    Well it would definitely be easier to keep my skeles buffed if my lvl 1 necro would stop pulling freaking leoric rings instead of the extra mage ring. :rotate:

I keep getting the same two scythes from the cube too, I really would like the cycle one for the bone armor buff. I got an offhand that may dramatically buff basic skeletons, but needs the fight to drag on to be more effective, which seems counterproductive in the end, but I suppose could potentially be useful for bosses.

I've got to sit down and really look at legendary options otherwise and figure bout what I want to aim for the rest of my slots, if I ever get that ring.

• Options
    Having not done this game seriously for about 2 years, I have no frame of reference for what good damage entails anymore.

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    I got my set and am now dying in t11 rifts. Time to drop to t7. Still I love early D3. Farm farm farm. I'm spinning to win.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    Having not done this game seriously for about 2 years, I have no frame of reference for what good damage entails anymore.

based on my whole 3 or 4 days experience in the past several years :lol: I've concluded that there is no frame of reference, other than whether or not you're clearing the content you want to at a pace you like.

The numbers are almost arbitrary, in a way. And they get so absurd so fast that a single item can jump you from 200k to 50m then to 250m with another one.

I've leveled two necromancers and a barb to 70 this week and all three times what happened was I breezed through most of the leveling up to the high 60's that slowed down a lot (it probably took as long to get from 65-70 last night than 1-65) even using a lowered level req 70 weapon from 40ish to 70. At 70 I just crafted 70 rares for every slot that needed it and then did a rift or two and bounties in every act (on torment 1), and by the time I did so, I got at least one legendary that was good for some particular build and then just focused in on that. For Necro both times it was the 2h scythe that increased bone spear damage, and on barb it was one that increased Seismic Slam, and in both instances I jumped up to ~50m for those particular attacks per hit, and leaned in hard for more gear. My ladder necro, it got him through chapter 1-4 pretty easily (there was a hard boss here and there, but I relied too much on devour for essence and it made single target damage rough on bosses with no adds) for the 6pc and I only got to play with it for a few minutes earlier, but what I was seeing was with even one skele mage out my skeletons were hitting for ~10-20m per hit, but there's 7 and they attack fast. Bosses that were taking a bit of shooting bone spears, when my pets were barely doing much damage outside of their commands, were dying the moment I cast even one mage.

I have no idea what that damage would look like relative to another class without pets, but I could barely keep up with my minions chewing through adds, whereas before I was letting them take attention then usually two bone spears would kill a bunch of enemies, 5-10 or so for different elites/rares. So I just threw out the 250m number, but it might even be higher, relatively.

So that's my only real reference, and as I said I'm not even entirely sure what actual damage I'm doing since it's coming from so many sources, so fast. However, I did watch that bludd guy do a video on the new crusader set last week after the patch and with the gear he was using (the 6pc and some other legendaries, I'd have to go back and look at what) he was doing somewhere in the range of 50 billion a hit, and was clearing GR100, and it looked pretty trivial.

The numbers get dumb, so dumb that it seems hard to really try to base any goalpost on.

Though, I will say, that I figured out I could do T4 based on what level GR I unlocked up to doing the nephilem rift and letting it do its auto unlock based on your clear time (or maybe it was a different GR?). It actually seems that Blizzard can tell enough about how you're performing to accurately tell you what you can handle. I found that kind of neat, and honestly a bit unexpected. I thought it would be more random than that, but nope, It said I could do up to 22 or something, I gave it a go and it was challenging but not too much, just right. So clearly they have some idea what they're doing :lol: I'm about to log on and do another rift and see what it unlocks up to and see if it still holds true.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Just did a 3:23 GR25 and it was only that slow because I was moving so fast I kept leaving orbs behind and was too far ahead to turn around and slow down my spree :lol:

Apparently I don't have any more keys though so I can't see what it unlocked. EDIT: Oh and waiting for stupid enemies that blow up to blow before I can pass them, they still instagib me.

EDIT: T6 nephilim rift was still trivial.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Still working on levelling my monk up here, my early season went TERRIBLY so far - stone fist for my weapon (That was my own fault, i shoulda gone for a diabo), and absolutly no legnedaries from my shards.

The early leorics crown is doing work though, so that's nice!

Currently level 40, so shouldnt be too long till i get to kick things into high gear

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Welp, something with the server or my account is broken because I can’t join people’s games. Earlier, Saldonas appeared as seasonal to me, but now doesn’t. Threads talking about this issue in september lead nowhere, even into October, so I guess I’m benched for however long. :sad:

This totally happened to me at the start of season, and then got better. I think there were major server issues as this was likely the most popular season start in years.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Ya it comes and goes, thankfully I was able to group up a few times yesterday.

HexDex helped me get the last couple pieces of the new monk set, so along with Aumni and AlWatts, all 4 of us were spinning and winning.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    My goal is to hit a trillion deeps (not even consistently, I just want to see 13 figures on screen) and break gr100 solo. I've already seen 220bn so I'm off to a decent start.

Today it's getting the spiker shield (last bit of gear) and grinding for ancients/primals.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    GR100 solo is extremely doable these days with the powercreep being where it is

• Options
    And I feel like I'm pushing the limit on 50...

But that's the Hardcore life. Having the Helltooth 6 piece set is basically the only way I can justify being up there, and even then I don't want things glancing too closely at me.

Rift guardians just melt away, but my highest solo so far is like 38 or 40. It's astounding to think of how high that all scales.

I'm not really pushing for Slayer, but if I can actually complete a stupid set dungeon this time, maybe...

It helps not starting the season 1 week before it ends this time.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Speaking of that; GR100 down on my barb 8-)

• Options
    I did a 2:04 60 rift on my Barb but not sure about pushing. I'm very squishy. Still need that ring that clicks down your cooldowns. I should at least push to the Primal Ancient trigger which I think is 75?

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    HT set dungeon is a bit of a shit. It's not as bad as Zuni which is bugged af. Easiest WD set dungeon to clear is Jade, followed by Arach probably. HT isn't disgusting like some other set dungeons I could think of (looking at WW dungeon, and pre nerf Ulis). Only do Zuni if you want to do the complete set of them.

HT is practically unkillable once you get your wrists and dagger. So spend all shards getting wrists and all DB for dagger and your life improves dramaitcally.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I did a 2:04 60 rift on my Barb but not sure about pushing. I'm very squishy. Still need that ring that clicks down your cooldowns. I should at least push to the Primal Ancient trigger which I think is 75?

I believe it is 70.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Did the first journey thing. The next set requires t10 and a higher GR than I can currently do, (comfortably doing GR 35, doing T7 for bounties) so I decided to start a crusader.

Question before I get going, just for leveling is there any real need for 1h/shield, or would I be good with a 2h for higher damage? I got a ancient 2h sword I was thinking of cube rerolling str (good for crusader and Barb) and trying to get a socket on it for gem of ease. But then it occurred to me maybe crusader needs shield for a lot of abilities? I haven't played one in forever.

• Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    They have a skill which lets them wield a 2h weapon and a shield. So that covers that. It really comes down to skills and playstyle. Using a 2h in your main hand and shield in offhand means you will swing slow as hell, but hit hard. It's best used with skills that overwrite the natively slow atk speed. While leveling it's not a huge drama tbh. Your most important thing, if you were to level it naturally, is to try and get a wrist/weapon/shield that synergise with each other early and use whatever skills they offer to level up.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I'll be playing again for the first time in a long time, so let's see if I remember what anything does.

• Options
    Well, I pushed with my Barb and hit a hundred with room to spare. My gems are around 25. I might stick around to see if I can hit 120 or more. I generally get bored with GRs when it gets into tactical cattle roundup mode.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    I got altitis because it appears my Crus may be a monster vs blues and yellows, but white mobs tear it up. No real clear.

Probably a great 2-3 player grift runner. Ah well at least I hit 70 first.

Now I'm working on my wiz and this game has not been kind with the drops.

• Options
    A hundred? As in GR100? With level 25 gems?

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Hey, I'm back and playing in the season as some may have already seen. After getting a major paragon boost from a IRL friend, I pushed over 500 today and finally found enough stuff to make the valor crusader come online. Suddenly T16 is a cake walk, lol. That Roland's set is a pain in the butt without the proper items and I'm so happy to have moved on.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Upgrade fist with my second set of death's breaths.

Instantly get Won Khim Lau. Go from not really able to do t1 to easy t4s, and i'm pretty sure easy t6s as soon as i get Balance shoved into my cube. (Otherwise, my only set is Sage's right now... so lol)

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    A hundred? As in GR100? With level 25 gems?

WW is sick nasty, but also the boost from gems is felt so much more at the torment levels than the GR levels.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    It's amazing how things can fall into place and scale so rapidly. Getting to all 6 pieces of Helltooth and suddenly I'm not sure what the upper limit is, but I can take and dish out damage like never before, at least as long as I'm keeping my Wall of the Dead/Acid Cloud rotation up.

With Hardcore, the only limitation seems to be how daring I'm feeling. I'm sure there's some brick wall to hit coming up, but I'm not even close to it at the moment, at least Solo.

Forar on
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Thank you to Pocketpixie for letting me slow them down for a couple hours last night, dragging me through 150 PLevels and past my "not good enough gear to finish Chapter 4" doldrums by dumping a 5th UE piece (I have RoRG) and a Yang's for me.

Turns out UE is one of those sets that barely increases your damage for the first 4 pieces, so I was still killing stuff at a pretty slow rate even at T2, let alone T4.

forty on
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I've found that while looking for your sets, LoN can serve as a good intermediary and it drops pretty frequently. Same with Ancients, which drop enough to make LoN a fine progression set especially if you're just stacking the gear for the 750% boost. Just store the gear sets until you've got all you need.

I can't even switch out until I get Chantodo's AND all of Vyr's. I finally got that fucking Zodiac ring last night.

jungleroomx on
This discussion has been closed.