As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    That's not a bad idea, but amazingly I've only gotten 1 LoN ring so far. Something like 4 or 5 fuckin' Nat's rings, though. Now for rings I have to play the awful "wait forever for whichever of Focus/Restraint I don't have" game.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    That's not a bad idea, but amazingly I've only gotten 1 LoN ring so far. Something like 4 or 5 fuckin' Nat's rings, though. Now for rings I have to play the awful "wait forever for whichever of Focus/Restraint I don't have" game.

I've gotten about 3-4 complete sets of LoN.

RNG gonna RNG.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I kinda want to start a season with just whatever I find + Legacy of Dreams, but it’s hard to pass up the free one.

What if you could give up haedrigs for something else. Like toss the bag(s) in the cube and get back some class legendaries. Could be fun.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    The build guide I'm looking at uses Captain Crimson's set. What's the best way to farm for the plans? I seem to have the level 31 version and a ton of other sets, but I haven't seen Crimson's.

forty on
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Grind bounties to get plans is the only real way or get lucky with a goblin drop. I need Captain Crimson's as well although my son already had them drop for him without any extra grinding.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    The build guide I'm looking at uses Captain Crimson's set. What's the best way to farm for the plans? I seem to have the level 31 version and a ton of other sets, but I haven't seen Crimson's.

Grind bounties. It took me a while to get them, sometimes they don't drop with the huge blob of plans during the first few bounty sets.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I could be wrong, but I think - I think - bounty reward caches will drop at least one plan as long as you still have unlearned plans. So, just gotta keep turning in bounties. The real trouble is that there are so many useless level 70 craftable legendaries, it could take a while to cycle through to the specific plans you want.

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I think - I think - bounty reward caches will drop at least one plan as long as you still have unlearned plans.
    I can confirm that this is not true.

However, the universal solution of complaining on the forum worked again. My next bounty run finally gave them to me.

• Options
    I could be wrong, but I think - I think - bounty reward caches will drop at least one plan as long as you still have unlearned plans. So, just gotta keep turning in bounties. The real trouble is that there are so many useless level 70 craftable legendaries, it could take a while to cycle through to the specific plans you want.

Nah, they can go several bounties with no plan drops inbetween for some of the level 70 plans.

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    I'm off to fast start this season. Got a quick powerlevel to get me the rest of the way to 70 and then got 3-4 pieces I needed in quick succession. RNG was kind. First bow I upgraded....Yang's. First hand crossbow...Dawn. First couple of helms....Visage of Gunes. First couple quivers...Dead Man's Legacy. Once I had all that getting the last Haedrig's gift wasn't difficult so now I'm off and running. I don't even have all my gems yet and I've already cleared a 70 grift.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    I cleared 70 thankfully so I can unlatch the door holding in all of the primal ancients (I even got one for my AI buddy), I'm hoping the game will be generous with Vyr's and Chantodo's tonight so my purple people eater can get herself kitted out proper instead of slumming it with a LoN set and whatever random detritus I can find.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Doing my first Necro season, and is it just me, or do 2h scythes suck? I’m not 70 yet but I haven’t found a single one that’s worth using over like trash blue 2h hammers, they’re like half the damage.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Awwwyeah. Complete monks new set and instantly jump up to t16 capable.

Did manage to salvage my first ring of Royal grandeur like a fool, but getting a second one got me into whimsydale. So many gems. So much loot.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Doing my first Necro season, and is it just me, or do 2h scythes suck? I’m not 70 yet but I haven’t found a single one that’s worth using over like trash blue 2h hammers, they’re like half the damage.
    Reilena's Shadowhook is a staple in a lot of builds, and is just a very straightforward, easy, and huge damage boost.

Nayr's Black Death is used for a build with a complex rotation that requires a lot of skill and attention to play.

The other two don't really have any builds that use them.

The trick is that for both the scythes that get used, you generally want to cube them, not equip them.

• Options
    1 more bit for Vyrs and Chantodos left. Looking forward to getting back to grifting.

• Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    I think I'm going to be late finishing this season up.

FF14 has my complete attention, but I'll try and squeeze some games of d3 in to get the journey done. /sigh

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    Got all my gear last night, kinda. Currently RORG'ing my Vyrs set until I can get a Pandemonium Loop and the pauldrons.

Absolutely murderous, but the build feels a bit like a pull start lawnmower: Need to do a bit of exertion to get it going, but once you do...

• Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    Is it normal for it to take 15+ A1 bounty runs to get a RORG? I'm only on T4, but still...
    this post is not intended to influence RNGesus into giving me one on my next run, no sir
    it totally has to drop now that I said that, right?

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    RNG gonna RNG, but doing them on higher Torments will only help

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I feel like I'm going about this all wrong. I'm in adventure mode on expert and I'm only at level 35. With the gear I have, master was a little bit more than I could handle quickly. A lot of running away and kiting for a sorceress. Of course, I only play a couple of hours at a time in the evenings or days off.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Is it normal for it to take 15+ A1 bounty runs to get a RORG? I'm only on T4, but still...
    this post is not intended to influence RNGesus into giving me one on my next run, no sir

Is IV just the best spot for you right now based on time-spent per cache? If you can do VI or VII without too much of a speed loss, you might see better results.
    At VI, you'll get a 100% chance for a legendary drop out of the cache (75% on IV or 90% on V).
    At VII, you'll get 2 extra crafting materials and start getting into the small chances of a second legendary drop.

Either way, since you complained, it should drop for you any time now. I think that's the rule.

• Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »

Is IV just the best spot for you right now based on time-spent per cache? If you can do VI or VII without too much of a speed loss, you might see better results.
    At VI, you'll get a 100% chance for a legendary drop out of the cache (75% on IV or 90% on V).
    At VII, you'll get 2 extra crafting materials and start getting into the small chances of a second legendary drop.

Either way, since you complained, it should drop for you any time now. I think that's the rule.

IV is good speed-wise for me. I'm running a monk and have the full season set (raiment), so I can do VI, but it's not worth the extra time from getting splattered when mobs look at me the wrong way. I've already gotten 3 giant maces and 3 pauldrons... but the jewelry eludes me.

• Options

I've gotten a whole lot this season, so I have no idea. I've got 2 equipped on my toons, 2 in stash, and I've salvaged a few.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I haven't played a ton yet this season but my gear luck has been poor. I'm trying to get the new monk set to try it out but have only had 3 pieces drop so it isn't enough to stop using the raiment set yet and I don't have the extra gear to make the generator build less squishy.

There will come a point I'll get enough gear to start charging through 70+ grifts and gear wont' be an issue but for now this blows.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Krieghund wrote: »
    I feel like I'm going about this all wrong. I'm in adventure mode on expert and I'm only at level 35. With the gear I have, master was a little bit more than I could handle quickly. A lot of running away and kiting for a sorceress. Of course, I only play a couple of hours at a time in the evenings or days off.

Expert is seriously not worth it, the increase in XP is too small to offset the increase in monster health. Dropping to Hard should feel noticeably better, give that a try.

• Options
    Daimar wrote: »
    I haven't played a ton yet this season but my gear luck has been poor. I'm trying to get the new monk set to try it out but have only had 3 pieces drop so it isn't enough to stop using the raiment set yet and I don't have the extra gear to make the generator build less squishy.

There will come a point I'll get enough gear to start charging through 70+ grifts and gear wont' be an issue but for now this blows.

I appreciate the simplicity of raiment, but it's super fragile. I've managed to get up to t7, but I often die multiple times on g/rift runs.

Still no RORG either, which is annoying because I've now got 5 pieces of two different sets I'd much rather be using instead of raiment.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    A lot of durability these days comes from one-off broken items like Spirit Guards or Binding of the Lost, rather than set bonuses.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    For Monk another good option is socketing the best diamonds you can get into your gear and taking Harmony as a passive. Harmony in general provides a pretty stupid survivability boost.

Having won khim Lau equipped and using tr: electric field with cyclone strike: freezing wind also provides you with a ton of hard cc. Ephinany: desert shroud is another good option

• Options
    Well, I got a 1k kill steak!
    Uber Diablo is a pretty boring fight and on t16 the only reason were 1 of each infernal machine. Gimme a garunteeded socket consumable or something!

Did it via feeding a ancient bovine bardice into the cube and mulching said bovines. No idea if the ancient bit is necessary, but hey.

Also Hell Witches are the worst. Everything else I'm fine against, but if I fail to dodge an orb? Kaput. Which, okay, is pretty funny. But they're still the worst

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I don't know what the go to Raiment setup is but I remember using Lefebvre's+Spirit Guards for defense and then also probably equipping a Unity to push solo. Raiment is honestly a really bad starter set because it needs a lot of additional things to not be bad.

butts
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    The new crimsons helped a lot with raiment survivability. Pushed me into T8. Needs a rorg though.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Finally! Got the last piece of the justice set. It's already much more effective than raiment was, though I don't have any of the supporting legendaries for either build. I do have a vengeful wind, though, which gives me hilarious amounts of movement speed.

Still no RROG... [edit] ok now I have one

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    A lot of durability these days comes from one-off broken items like Spirit Guards or Binding of the Lost, rather than set bonuses.

Yeah, I got some spirit guards last night so was able to bump it up a torment level, so more loot per run is on the way.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Also Hell Witches are the worst. Everything else I'm fine against, but if I fail to dodge an orb? Kaput. Which, okay, is pretty funny. But they're still the worst

Yeah, succubi are brutal. There are plenty of enemies in the game that hit hard if you're too close or not paying enough attention, but those tracking orbs can abruptly turn a GR run into a bullet-hell-shooter experience.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Did the Challenge Rift thing so I could upgrade a level 70 daibo to a legendary for my brand new monk. What will I get??? Will it be an Incense Torch of the Grand Temple???? Will it be the Flow of Eternity?????

It was The Paddle.
    Quick update on this: because I didn't have time to play much, my monk is still level 17. It being the second Challenge Rift of the season, I got to have a second chance at getting some early Death's Breaths and upgrading a level 70 daibo again. It was an Incense Torch of the Grand Temple.

From this, we can infer that the Pity RNG Bonus you get from complaining on the forums either has a fairly long expiration timer, or it doesn't have a timer at all and just kicks in the next time you play. Make sure to make your whiny, complainy posts before you go to bed, so that the Pity RNG Bonus is in place the next time you play!

• Options
    Game producer, regarding the party bug:
    Players will have to restart their clients to pick up the fix.

This fix does NOT fix the level 0 or missing class in the friends list or communities.
    This Fix SHOULD fix the Non-Season and Season party bug.
    Let us know if you’re still seeing the issue please and thank you in advance

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    So they patched the client? Or is this a server side thing?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Seems server side, I didn’t see a patch installing but jumped right into a game with hex & alwatts

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Can I get a clarification on primal drops?

Rarity aside, I just read that you have to have completed a level 70 GR solo before they will ever drop; is that accurate?

And once you've done it, can they drop anywhere, even if you're doing under 70 afterward? Someone mentioned it is a seasonal/general thing, so if you unlock on seasonal, all your seasonal characters can get them, and doing it on general, ditto. Correct?

I just want to be clear. I tried a 70 GR completely unrelated last night and failed (no pylons to be found), but I had done a 69 prior and it went relatively ok. Did it with a janky pestilence necro, as I completed the set and wanted to give it a shot, and found it's stupid fast, and I could clear a lot higher than my minion build (I don't really enjoy it as much, but there's parts of I want to try to integrate somewhat, namely the blood rush). I think I could do 70 with decent luck with pylons, and if I only have to do it once and then they can drop lower, I can go back to a more comfortable GR level to actually farm stuff.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Rarity aside, I just read that you have to have completed a level 70 GR solo before they will ever drop; is that accurate?
    Yes, and once you accomplish that, any legendary that you drop/craft (until you play in a new season) has a tiny chance to be a Primal, no matter what level you're playing on. Clearing your first 70+ solo GR will have a guaranteed primal drop from the Rift Guardian. So basically, once you've picked up a primal, you've now unlocked the ability for more primals to show up.

Edit: Errr, well I think it has to be a level 70 Legendary. If you level up another character and get a level 20 legendary, I don't think that can roll as Primal.

forty on
This discussion has been closed.