As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Doh, just saw your message. You probably already claimed them. All good, we'll hopefully be on one of these nights (but definitely this weekend) to run/grind.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Zero covered for your slack Bets. Bounties were acquired.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Noooooooooo

Free bounties are the best bounties

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I'm thinking I need to do a whole bunch of bounties this week. I guess that's the ideal way to get some ancient/primal weapons?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    I'm thinking I need to do a whole bunch of bounties this week. I guess that's the ideal way to get some ancient/primal weapons?

Easier way is to just do high level Greater Rifts. The higher the better (once you unlock the 70 primal block).

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Is it easier though, when you can't target a specific item from random drops? It sure seems more ideal to reroll a Dawn a bunch of times.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    If you need a specific item to be ancient, then bounties is probably the best way to get one through rerolling

the "in general" best way to farm for ancients and primals is just running speed GRs. Whatever the highest is that you can finish in 2-3 minutes

• Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Man, GoD is pretty great. It's like somebody gave a WW barb a bow and an endless supply of meth. Stack a couple other sources of speed on there (pylon, etc) and you actually start running into latency issues as the game struggles to keep up.

edit: also it's trivial to set up mouse software to make it take zero clicks to run. my poor wrists and fingers are saved!

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it's real dumb; I thought I was having an easy time with shadow's mantle but GoD vaulted me all the way up to G80 with no sweat at all

I think my clear times are more limited by my move speed than anything else

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I got a my DH leveled and farmed up GoD and the set is insane. I also got lucky and upgraded exactly 2 rare crossbows into Dawn and Valla's, just need to get my jewelry and gems set.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I've read a lot about support builds, or "zBuilds" (the "z" stands for "zero damage"), and I'm really interested, but I'm struggling to really figure out why they're so valuable. Like, conceptually, I totally understand why it's a good thing to have a character focused on increasing party damage, who can get away with wearing items / gems like Nemesis Bracers and Gem of Efficacious Toxins, and can focus instead on crowd control, tanking, and utility. That makes sense. But where it starts to fall apart is when I start realy questioning whether improving my team's damage by 50% is actually speeding clear times up faster than building for straight DPS and improving the damage of my primary ability by 10,000% or whatever. Help me understand.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    It has to do with how much damage mobs do at higher GR levels. At around GR 130+ mob damage out scales the individual players ability to survive a hit. Additionally, when one player has forsaken DPS, it allows for "bad" items that are not great solo, to really shine for a party. Things that help create health globes for example.

Additionally, when one person is taking on a supportive role, it allows the other players to forgo defense and go pure glass cannon, which has a dramatic increase on their DPS.

Essentially going into very high GR's is actually a very coordinated effort and having someone play support gives the most synergy of skills an items that cannot be accomplished solo.

Side note, journey done! A little slower, cause HC is slower. Also, I was not around for the start of the season. If anyone wants a boost in HC let me know. :D Also tempted to bring over my necro in SC to try out the new set. hrmmm.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Okay, yeah that makes sense. Thanks!

• Options
    HexDex wrote: »
    It has to do with how much damage mobs do at higher GR levels. At around GR 130+ mob damage out scales the individual players ability to survive a hit. Additionally, when one player has forsaken DPS, it allows for "bad" items that are not great solo, to really shine for a party. Things that help create health globes for example.

Additionally, when one person is taking on a supportive role, it allows the other players to forgo defense and go pure glass cannon, which has a dramatic increase on their DPS.

Essentially going into very high GR's is actually a very coordinated effort and having someone play support gives the most synergy of skills an items that cannot be accomplished solo.

Side note, journey done! A little slower, cause HC is slower. Also, I was not around for the start of the season. If anyone wants a boost in HC let me know. :D Also tempted to bring over my necro in SC to try out the new set. hrmmm.

No! Hardcore only!

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    In addition to everything Hex said, the server performance has been shown to break down when there are too many damage sources being processed at the extremely high GR levels, particularly with area damage.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    I've had more desync in this league that the entirely of playing Path of Exile before they introduced lockstep. Though I think part of that has been server latency in general some days has been really bad, like nearly 1 second delays when messing with stash items.

• Options
    Welp.

RIP'd on a T16 rift trying out a speed Corpse Explosion build..... at least I unequipped my LoD poison scythe gear.

So, softcore or continue on HC?

:D

• Options
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Welp.

RIP'd on a T16 rift trying out a speed Corpse Explosion build..... at least I unequipped my LoD poison scythe gear.

If you go softcore you'll be able to drag Hex along. I'm hoping that I can finish the season on the HC side for once.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I'd love to have more SC people to speed farm with.

• Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Welp.

If you go softcore you'll be able to drag Hex along. I'm hoping that I can finish the season on the HC side for once.

sticking HC

• Options
    Ok i might be convinced to go SC if you guys all do

• Options
    Hahahahaha, I'll have to see if Blizzard ticks me off. I do plan on doing a SC DH just for the fun and to help others finish seasonal stuff. Plus I can goof off with the new set.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I have to work tonight and tomorrow night but then i have several days where i can play quite a bit, maybe tomorrow before work ill get a SC character going?

• Options
    I get to work during the day, but hopefully will have a SC character up by the weekend.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    If you guys see me on I'm happy to PL as needed. I've usually been playing a but West coast mornings and some evenings.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Woo hoo!!! Finally equipped my Shadow DH. Just need to level my last gem to 25 and try my solos.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Pushed into T16 on my HC DH last night. There's a couple minor alterations I can make to my skills to put out more DPS if necessary, but it slows me down. EDIT: pushing DPS is gonna come mainly from gems and upgrading existing stuff to ancients and better %'s. I need to do bounties to get a RRoG to open up gearing options a bit; depth diggers on the pants opens up a cube slot, but closes a ring slot that means I need to rely on CoE or get a Cold SoJ and replace a couple other slots to make sure they're Cold to replace the Focus/Restraint rings to make up for that lost DPS. Oh and with bounties, an Avarice band so I can have a setup more efficient for bounty/NR farming. Only a handful of season journey things to wrap up, but the conquests this season are pretty easy so that's not a big deal. Also, thanks to @HooverFan PL'ing me on SC side, I can hasten those conquests. I'll probably be MIA for a bit on PC after that, while I get it knocked out on Switch.

Anyway, if I am on and someone needs a PL or just wants to do bounties or rifts, hit me up. If I'm on SC, probably just join. Sometimes I'm afk though. On HC, just check with me before joining, but I'm happy to PL there particularly, and/or do runs/bounties, I just don't know exactly how the game handles the jump in difficulty from added players and it would be unfortunate to find out at the wrong time. :lol:

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Thanks to @Custom Special for the powerlevel and boost on softcore!

I managed to get my necro (appropriately named "SoftServe") up to T7. still no full sets, or even 4 set bonus, but I did manage to get a few items for a makeshift mage build that works for the moment. Should be fully operational within a couple of days?

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    If the PA clan still active? If so could I get an invite?

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    @Al_wat If you're around tonight, I've got T16 speed farming down to a few minutes. Just trying to optimize my gear at this point.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Snowbear wrote: »
    If the PA clan still active? If so could I get an invite?

Yep, it is still active!

Edit: Good timing too since there are a lot of players right now.

Edit 2: Will need your Bnet name so someone can add you to their friends list then add you into the Clan. Or hang out in the PAF channel and announce that you are there from time to time.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Ah unfortunately ive got a night shift but ill be around tomorrow and the weekend!

• Options
    Decided to push some GR a little before sleep last night and left off at 111 with a good chunk of time left on the clock. Hoping to just find a decently comfortable and quick spot to get some extra gems leveled past 100 so I can do my first ancient augment and get on the final step of the season journey, which should pretty much be done at this point since I accidentally completed avarice.

• Options
    111 with no augments is really good

• Options
    MorranMorran Registered User regular
    Question! Some items have a thin yellow frame, what does that indicate? See helm of the wastes in this picture. I play on console (switch), if that would make any difference.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcltImjU4AA_HnL?format=jpg&name=large

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Morran wrote: »
    Question! Some items have a thin yellow frame, what does that indicate? See helm of the wastes in this picture. I play on console (switch), if that would make any difference.

That means it is an Ancient Legendary on console.

Which means higher stats than normal Legendary for those who don't know.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular

Although some affixes don't have higher stats when Ancient (stuff like crit, attack speed, etc.) In fact, there is a ring or two that rolls with nothing but stats that aren't improved on an Ancient, so if you get an Ancient one it's a total waste*.

*Ancient Legendaries give more crafting materials when salvaged, so they're useful for that.

• Options
    Thank you @Custom Special for the SC power level. Was nice of ya to do it after we got your HC character killed.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Managed to get a LoD Mage build up and running on SC. Its not optimized yet but it gets the job done!

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    forty wrote: »

Although some affixes don't have higher stats when Ancient (stuff like crit, attack speed, etc.) In fact, there is a ring or two that rolls with nothing but stats that aren't improved on an Ancient, so if you get an Ancient one it's a total waste*.

*Ancient Legendaries give more crafting materials when salvaged, so they're useful for that.

Also, for LoD/LoN builds; as being ancient, while providing no benefits from the item, will give you double the benefit from the LoD/LoN buffs. So even a poorly rolled Zodiac that is an ancient still has its use. Just...not often.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

This discussion has been closed.