As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I think the next season buff should be an effect that makes primals get 4x the effect of LoD/LoN.

Make Haedrig, instead of sets, give one random primal in place of the two set pieces.

Make sure LoD is the first gem dropped in a GR.

Maybe double the primal drop rate. it'd still be low enough to make primals special, and drive people to get more creative with builds that don't involve sets. Sure a lot of people will just cut/paste LoD mages or Hydra, but I think there's classes that could use the creativity to go non-set and still do something interesting.

EDIT: And then make all the season conquests require sets. :lol:

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    In ~5 minutes or so we'll have a done T16 bounty game, one free spot left for free caches if anyone wants in

edit: aaannd its gone

Al_wat on
  • Options
    I put together the new DH set. I have non optimal gear, poor rolls, low level gems... and its already a powerhouse.

Like I did a 2:00 GR75 on a test run

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I put together the new DH set. I have non optimal gear, poor rolls, low level gems... and its already a powerhouse.

Like I did a 2:00 GR75 on a test run

Oh sheesh. I'm still gearing up for that and see how much fun I'll have playing it.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Let us all take a moment to be thankful that this challenge rift wasn’t out two weeks ago.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    does anyone know how many t16 bounty caches it takes to get the avarice conquest?

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    I think it’s 30 something, effectively 7 full clears.

My go to has been lvl 50 hoarder gem, DB upgrade polearm(s), dismiss collector pet, open cow level... make one big circle killing behind you, then repeat the circle to loot the gold. Bonus: there’s your augment gem done at the same time.

• Options
    Noggin wrote: »
    Let us all take a moment to be thankful that this challenge rift wasn’t out two weeks ago.

Oh man, that bad? What is it?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    It's a helltooth doc with... grasp of the dead. You appear to do roughly 0 damage. There is a conduit and a power pylon on the third floor which helps. But... yikes.

• Options
    Russad wrote: »
    It's a helltooth doc with... grasp of the dead. You appear to do roughly 0 damage. There is a conduit and a power pylon on the third floor which helps. But... yikes.

Oh my... what the heck??? Yeah, why Blizzard why???

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I swear its faster to just run bounty games than do this weeks challenge rift

• Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I usually just join public 4 player games to get them done, but this week you've got a unity equipped. The first attempt we got to the first elite, and were over 1 minute behind before someone restarted the rift (we never did kill it). Eventually I ran it solo and beat it by 12 seconds.

• Options
    Somehow I managed to do the challenge 160 on the Switch, but simply can't swing it on the PC.

I think it's because the nephalem orbs on the Switch straight up double your damage, but on PC they just do some whatever buff that I'm still not completely aware of. So despite things generally being slower on Switch, it was enough to squeeze out the completion, but on PC I'm consistently just getting to the rift guardian when the time expires, and I'm struggling to figure out where I can shave off some time as I'm basically bee lining it to elites.

Maybe I should just ignore the yellows and go for the blues, as they drop substantially faster, but I'm not sure where they all are, and there aren't as many.

Or maybe it's just not worth it.

• Options
    Somehow I managed to do the challenge 160 on the Switch, but simply can't swing it on the PC.

I think it's because the nephalem orbs on the Switch straight up double your damage, but on PC they just do some whatever buff that I'm still not completely aware of. So despite things generally being slower on Switch, it was enough to squeeze out the completion, but on PC I'm consistently just getting to the rift guardian when the time expires, and I'm struggling to figure out where I can shave off some time as I'm basically bee lining it to elites.

Maybe I should just ignore the yellows and go for the blues, as they drop substantially faster, but I'm not sure where they all are, and there aren't as many.

Or maybe it's just not worth it.

What is the challenge rift this week? I didn't do last week's since the thread warned about how bad it is.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I think I'm referring to what is still last weeks. New one doesn't go up for a couple hours still.

It's the WD one that is just garbage.

EDIT: As others have said, you could just run a set of bounties in the time it'd take to get the challenge rift down, and end up with more rewards anyway, unless you're just a s-tier player or something. I kept thinking I was doing pretty good but just couldn't squeeze it by.

I'm curious why the challenge rift bag is still set at the equivalent of T13 rewards instead of having moved it to T16.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    I think I'm referring to what is still last weeks. New one doesn't go up for a couple hours still.

It's the WD one that is just garbage.

EDIT: As others have said, you could just run a set of bounties in the time it'd take to get the challenge rift down, and end up with more rewards anyway, unless you're just a s-tier player or something. I kept thinking I was doing pretty good but just couldn't squeeze it by.

I'm curious why the challenge rift bag is still set at the equivalent of T13 rewards instead of having moved it to T16.

Ohhh ok. I figured the new one was already up. Sorry about that.

At the point where we are right now on the Softcore side I like the rift to boost mats in a few minutes. But yeah, normally running full Shadow/UE I could probably power through a T16 easier.

I never realized they were still for a full T13 set. Guess nobody over at Blizz cared to update that.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I mean, helltooth can be good. Not “2.6.x good”, but good.

But that’s like firebats or gargs only, and definitely not grasp of the dead :eh:

• Options
    Noggin wrote: »
    I mean, helltooth can be good. Not “2.6.x good”, but good.

But that’s like firebats or gargs only, and definitely not grasp of the dead :eh:

Yeah, firebats and a chirpy (I have no idea what the name is) staff, and it'd probably have worked perfectly fine. It seemed like it was intended to rely on wall of zombies for the main dps chunk, but somehow ended up having grasp be it instead, which is...no. As we saw.

I wonder what the new one is.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Thorns Crusader. :rotate: Maybe it'll work!

EDIT: It was easy. The maps were the bigger challenge, as it did plenty of damage. Lots of really bad maps, with huge gaps between elite packs. Survivability is a bit wonky; I didn't realize Invoker had such a relatively terrible 4pc protection. I only found the first two pylons on the first map, I have no idea if there were any more in later maps. EDIT2: I'm a bit baffled by the band of hollow whispers in the cube, though. Something I'm missing there? Mad monarchs scepter also seemed an odd choice, but I guess whoever they pulled the build from just didn't have many options?

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Sooo, i know this thread is mostly d3/4 related, but i figured most of you played d2 as well.

I recently reinstalled (PLugY) after quiting somewhere after 1.10. I never made a high end rune word, i never did uber diablo or uber tristram.

I rolled a trapsin for my first character, and she's lvl 80 now and has budget gear. I was farming LK when...DIABLO WALKS THE EARTH appears. Which always struck me as a weird statement since i paid good money for a game featuring said diablo and would be gravely dissapointed if he, in fact did not walk the earth.

But i disgress. I took it upon myself to slay this uber beast and claim it's unique charm for myself for the first time.

Well, it took 4 hours but i did it. But holy crap was that a steep learning curve.

In the end it took the combined discovery and application many things, only to find out through much trial, error and even more tears that if you fuck any of these things up you're set back 15 minutes easy.

- You want a merc with crushing blow
    - You need Prevent Monster Heal
    -Treachery is good on Mercs..fade and IAS.
    - Edge has monster heal but fucks up your mercs Fade aura
    - Assasin can't hit shit with bows, so you really need your Merc to slow Diablo wIth a kelpie so you can get like 100 arrows into that asshole before you trigger PMH
    - Merc dies because no fade
    - You need a ton of resist, diablo cheats.
    - You need a teleport staff because boneprisons..hahhahaha boneprisons. they cost me 2 hours beacuse i actually had him down to a sliver on my third try when he cast the first boneprison. I placed traps behind it and it kinda worked but not enough. had no money left so he regenreated before i was up and running again.
    - you need a ton of potions on the floor, because you will drink a ton.

Wow, i never diablo 2-ed so hard in my life, like ever.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    it was a shitty 10/20/7 anni btw.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    I forgot about D2... should fire that back up again one of these days. I remember having so much fun with that game.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    And i fucking left my honor on the floor in that game to boot. Tbh i'm suprised that's all i left i that game. Swapping out bows, honor's, kelpies, teleport staves.

Also I cleared every fucking area scrounging for gold. Even the ones with lighting immunes.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    This is not really the precise subject discussed at this time, and I apologize for that.

But I was thinking about the D2 remaster and, would I play a modernized update of that game?

Yes. Yes I would.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    This thread is for all things Diablo:
    ...the originals by Blizzard North, Diablo III, the infamous Immortal, and of course, Diablo IV!!
    Please feel free to ask questions, share stories and items, plans for new seasons, hopes for new content, and so on!
    I have this in the OP, and specifically left the numbers out of "[Diablo]", because I personally don't mind if it covers all of them. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think people mind D2 being discussed here, as long as it doesn't stray too far toward 2vs3 or 3vs<other game>. That way lies madness.

Frankly, there's just not enough to talk about for each game individually. I'm sure 4 will eventually take over, but we're nowhere near that happening.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Well I was more saying that I didn't want to derail the specific conversation happening right now.

But I had just been thinking about it and wanted to pop in with my thoughts. I think I have 500 hours in D3, and probably triple that in D2 (though I haven't played since ~2005). So I was wondering if I really needed a D2 remaster and if I could get any more out of it.

And I came to the conclusion that a really good port would be a dangerous thing for me. It would need some things, like a modernized loot system (mostly just individual loot drops in a multiplayer setting), but I would almost certainly buy it and, if done well, would probably spend a lot of time with it.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/dxSRAhp6TYg

This was posted like a week ago. It’s unfortunately not a mod, just footage run through a filter. If only.

• Options
    Yeah we had our hopes up for a D2 remaster as well... And I still have hopes for one. Heck I'll even take a mobile revision of it!!!! No idea how they'd do it, but I would buy it.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Well I was more saying that I didn't want to derail the specific conversation happening right now.

But I had just been thinking about it and wanted to pop in with my thoughts. I think I have 500 hours in D3, and probably triple that in D2 (though I haven't played since ~2005). So I was wondering if I really needed a D2 remaster and if I could get any more out of it.

And I came to the conclusion that a really good port would be a dangerous thing for me. It would need some things, like a modernized loot system (mostly just individual loot drops in a multiplayer setting), but I would almost certainly buy it and, if done well, would probably spend a lot of time with it.

Yeah god that pissed the everloving fuck out of me and i never played public games because of it. Thank god a few friends of mine played as well.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Not since the rampant hacking days of Diablo 1 have I played any public diablo games. In 2 I only used them to trade. I still don't even have the cheevo for joining a public game in D3, which I just realized again the last time I logged in and everyone online was in their own public game.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Diablo 3 Public games are the best Public games the Diablo series has ever had. Not that it's a high bar to beat, but it's something.

• Options
    I also have never joined a public game in D3.

Is it just random matchmaking? Or is there a list you can choose from? I've considered trying to get a game for quick bounties, but I'm always afraid I'll be doing it wrong, and end up doing something else instead.

On switch, at least, I just see a quickmatch option. And afaik there's no way to communicate in game. How do you let someone know what you intend to do?

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    It just randomly throws you into a game with other people looking for the same type of game (e.g., Bounties, Rifts, GRifts) and same Torment level you are. If there aren't any open games that meet that criteria, after 30 seconds it starts a new one and puts you in it, hopefully for other people join soon after. There's no matchmaking on PLvl or anything, so you can definitely be at wildly different power level from one another, but that's really only an issue for GRift games, or if you or someone else is trying to get into a Torment way over their head.

I've done Public bounty games and as long as you aren't AFKing in town and are making sure you're doing your own bounties (usually each player splits up into their own Act, but even that doesn't always happen and I've rarely seen complaints). If someone is dying a ton or clearing very slowly and obviously not pulling their weight, someone will probably say something.

I can't say for Switch, I have no idea how communication works there. On PC they'll usually just call out an AFKer or Vote Kick them.

• Options
    On PC at least, as soon as you select Public there's a dropdown of activities like Rift, Bounty, etc.

All you need to know for bounties is that everyone splits off, so if you're the only one at each waypoint you take, you'll be fine. Along those lines, people usually hit Cancel to avoid assisting on bosses unless asked to. That way the full set of acts takes way less time.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Hoily shit i just dropped my first Gheeds Fortune (unique D2 grand charm)

And it rolled fucking perfect!!!!!

(actually the gold find roll is 25% off perfect, but who gives a shit about that stat)

135 % gold find (100-160%)
    40 % Magic find (20-40%)
    15% reduced vendor prices (10-15%)

Charms with these stats still sell for like 2-3 bucks on bnet lol. (I'm playing single player but to give you an indication of the rarity of these rolls)

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    So uh... hi.

Turns out that new DH set is disgusting. Completed a GR93 with imperial gems and not even lvl 25 gems in other slots, like 2 ancient bits. It's gonna have to be nerfed in to the ground.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    Klatu wrote: »
    So uh... hi.

Turns out that new DH set is disgusting. Completed a GR93 with imperial gems and not even lvl 25 gems in other slots, like 2 ancient bits. It's gonna have to be nerfed in to the ground.

Hi, welcome to the D3 thread. We're generally friendly and you should join the clan when you get a chance.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    The DH set is great. Really fun to play

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Geared up a WD to try and do speeds (bounty, goblin hunting, low legendary gems).
    Got lucky in a public rift game with another WD and they gave me the chicken knife (had the mojo) and got pretty lucky finding Mundunugu pieces quickly.
    I love the head canon of casting spirit barrage and elites coming out to fight only to find a chicken come cruising in at mach 5 and stopping at their feet while the spontaneously explode. I haven't been much of a WD player in the past, but this build is pretty goofy fun for going fast!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    Got GR100 done, and my gear hasn't improved at all, my gems only slightly. Now I just have to finish the achieves for the season and i'm done lol.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
This discussion has been closed.