As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Did it? I can't really tell since we got busy this season and finished it I think a week after you all did it. Then yeah, my world fell apart and been distracted since.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Not sure! I think there were multiple factors.

Hopefully that last part has improved, or is improving, for you though.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Noggin wrote: »
    Not sure! I think there were multiple factors.

Hopefully that last part has improved, or is improving, for you though.

Yep, it is. Slowly improving so that's good. Will be a rough holiday season though. Football is rough right now, and I'm lucky that there are no people at the games otherwise that would have been worse for me.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    It looked to me like the split caused some drop off.

HC isn't that hard. I would say lets do SC as always, and if people want to get a diversion we can always roll up some HC goons to throw to the fire.

HexDex on
    If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I definitely don't have the time for HC anymore, so always SC for me.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    HexDex wrote: »
    It looked to me like the split caused some drop off.

HC isn't that hard. I would say lets do SC as always, and if people want to get a diversion we can always roll up some HC goons to throw to the fire.

That sounds like a plan. Plus I can try out the newer DH set.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I'm probably going to stick to softcore. I was having fun in hc right until I wanted to experiment with builds. Harder to play around and tune a build on HC.

Edit: Although I might be tempted to have one side character in HC and stick to a single class/build. Then I can play around with a variety of builds on SC and still have a HC character. Id probably start on SC though and then decide on a class and build for HC later.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    I just read that the EQ damage on tribes is actually still there in blue text, so it was added to the orange text instead of moved.

WW will still be best, but that’s a good buff that should put it roughly on par with frenzy.

Urge to barb, rising...

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Wife and I finished the season yesterday, first time we've managed to get all the way done, usually we get stuck on conquests. Any word on when the next season starts?

• Options
    No official word yet. Public test is wrapping up this week, and October 30th seems overly optimistic, so probably November 6th or even 13th.

• Options
    That post may not have aged well... they had to extend it due to bugs and server issues, and are extending it again with some changes dropping sometime this week.

I’m slightly torn on if they should also change deathwish, because I think it will already be pushed out of orb/hydra in normal circumstances but will unfortunately still be “required” in this coming season’s cube slot.

• Options
    Well at least they're still working on it.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Its looking more and more likely that the next season will overlap with Cyberpunk 2077 which does not bode well for actually playing D3

• Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

I agree. Sorry if I came off as negative, that was not my intent.

I’m actually really glad to see another round of changes hitting PTR. A good enough buff or new item can flip my class choice, especially if I can try it first. Mostly, I’m just ready to get back into some d trips.

• Options

I agree. Sorry if I came off as negative, that was not my intent.

I’m actually really glad to see another round of changes hitting PTR. A good enough buff or new item can flip my class choice, especially if I can try it first. Mostly, I’m just ready to get back into some d trips.

You didn't come across that negative.

I should have said sarcasm as in I love how they need more time to fix bugs these past few seasons so you would think they knew better this time and added that time in.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    The PTR update is out, new stuff cut out here:
    New Item* Gelmindor’s Marrow Guards: Bone Spear cast from Simulacrums deal 400-500% 300-400% increased damage.
    Developer's Note: We see how strong this is performing. We would like to tweak it back a little for now.

The Twisted Sword: The Twisted Sword: Energy Twister damage is increased by 125-150% for each Energy Twister you have out up to a maximum of 5. The Raging Storm rune is automatically applied to Energy Twister and allows the tornado to merge with 3 additional Energy Twisters. Unfortunately, this item is not available with PTR vendor, Djank Mi'em.
    Developer's Note: We want to address the lag situation of multiple Energy Twisters doing AoE by allowing them to combine up to 5 while dealing with their combined damage. We will monitor the situation and see if this is the correct approach. 

Thorns of The Invoker: 2-Piece bonus decreased from 350% to 90% and has a cap of 10 stacks. 6-piece bonus increased from 15,000% to 67,500% and increased attack speed bonus from 50% to 100%.
    Developer's Note: This is to address the Bombardment build that Crusaders have been tearing across the board. We've severely nerfed the 2-piece and compensated in the 6-piece. We also thought about extending the duration of the buff past 2 seconds, but we rather change a couple of things first rather than too many things to see how things play out.

Manajuma's Way: Angry Chicken explosion damage increased from 400% to 2000%. Manajuma's Way now includes a third legendary affix, which allows angry chicken to spawn a chicken that seeks enemies every second that deals 25% of the angry chicken's explosion damage. 
    Developer's Note: This build wasn't clearing T16 as fast as we want, so we wanted to give it more juice in an interesting way

New Item* Ursua's Trodden Effigy: New Witch Doctor Legendary mojo buffing Zombie Charger 100-150%, and spawning more Zombie Bears. Unfortunately, this item is not available with PTR vendor, Djank Mi'em.
    Developer's Note: More, Bears

Uliana's Strategem Set: Now has 77% damage reduction for 7 seconds after applying Exploding Palm.
    Developer's Note: This set needed damage reduction much more than a damage boost, so we'll see where this takes it.

Blade of the Tribes: War Cry and Threatening Shout cause an Avalanche and Earthquake. Avalanche and Earthquake both deal 150-200% increased damage. Consolidated Blade of the Tribes Earthquake affix into the new legendary affix so that it's no longer two affixes that buff Earthquake. 

Developer's Note: This item had a standard affix that boosted earthquake by up to 200%, along with a legendary affix that boosted Avalanche and Earthquake. We've combined those two which means also buffing Avalanche at the same time.

I have to try some of this for sure. Manajuma’s sounds like absolute madness.

• Options
    WD sounds interesting... Not sure if it can get me to play one since their character model creeps me out.

Why no DH love??? Lol.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    WD sounds interesting... Not sure if it can get me to play one since their character model creeps me out.

Why no DH love??? Lol.
    They're desperately trying to get you and zero to play something besides DHs.

• Options
    forty wrote: »

Why no DH love??? Lol.
    They're desperately trying to get you and zero to play something besides DHs.

I have a feeling you might be right. Although they did get Zero to change to Wizard, then they took it away with this patch. Soooo maybe it is just me then? Since they obviously want Zero as a DH.

What can I say? DH is easy for me to remember... I have a tough time with all other class builds since they require more than 4 things to press.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I appreciate they called themselves out on changing one thing at a time on the Invoker set. Yes it takes longer to test/patch, but if you actually want to meet your design goals it's the only way to get it done right

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Bluddshed with a pretty good overview. Side note: The new-ish chapter feature in videos is so useful!
    https://youtu.be/UxBO1P-VB4A

Unfortunately no bears footage due to PTR issues, and chickens seems very underwhelming. But most of other stuff looks pretty good.

• Options
    I tried bears the other day and they unfortunately suffer from collision issues. The “more bears” are indeed quite a bit more, but it makes any area with narrow paths unplayable.

Somewhat likewise, tornadoes are back and therefore so is glitching them into corners... but wicked wind will still be pretty decent.

I’ve played bone spear and PoJ and can vouch that those are good and fun.

So I think I’m down to frenzy barb or GoD dh, since I always end up disappointed in crusader akarat’s champion.

• Options
    Shadow DH again for me then.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I think I will be barb. Spinning for group play, and quaking it up solo. I do DH so damn much. haha.

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    How much did the changes to Bombardment Crusader nerf it from its initial PTR strength? Probably gonna go with that as long as it's decently powerful.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    The hit to invokers two-piece is worth about 10-14 less GR levels than early PTR according to that video, but it was super, super broken. It will still be very strong, just not the new best. Might be below the potential of AoV, but I’m not sure how much the ivory tower change affects it. Svr90 made it sound like a significant nerf to valor.

Also, the numbers may not be final.

I missed the change on the belt to a fixed “every 4 seconds”, so that’s pretty fun. Should be just about constantly dropping at that rate.

Another unsung change is paragon gold find becoming pickup radius. It’s pretty great for rift globes.

• Options
    Another unsung change is paragon gold find becoming pickup radius. It’s pretty great for rift globes.
    I was singing about it as soon as I saw it!
    forty wrote: »
    Paragon Bonus Gold Find has been changed to Gold Pickup Radius at 0.1 per point.
    Interesting change people might have missed.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Cheese and crackers.

I dub this weeks challenge rift "how to take one of the most effective speed run builds and give it more lag than a 1997 netzero dialup account"

It's piss easy.

Just laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Season ending 11/8, but start date for 22 pending.

Typically that’d mean 13th but ???

• Options
    Season ending 11/8, but start date for 22 pending.

Typically that’d mean 13th but ???

Time to clean out those stashes!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Ugh. I actually collected a lot of stuff on the classes I played this patch. Got some work to do this weekend!

• Options
    Nov13th would work nicely for me meaning it is highly unlikely

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I'd rather just wait and deal with the stash issue after the season, just grab stuff via the mail and compare it and trash the leftovers. EDIT: Though, I wish the stash system on the Switch (all consoles?) wasn't so...bleh. I might count later today, but it feels like it holds substantially less than the PC stash, and there doesn't seem to be any space increase for completing a season. It just caps out at 350 slots.

I've got to imagine they didn't announce a start date because of some issue that makes it not immediately clear they can do it that week. I'm gonna guess 20th if they didn't say the 13th intentionally.

Seems like some stuff on PTR, specifically twisters, are giving them a lot of hell. They want to make the build a thing, but they either introduce problems with the stacking, corners, etc, or they cause massive lag. :rotate: Also there is a lot of wonkiness with the shrine clones, being attached to the wrong players, disappearing of another player dies, etc. I think they sorted some of it out with the last patch, but it still isn't very clean.

One good thing (among others) of D4 will be hopefully a clean slate so they're not trying to patch in changes on a decade old platform. But then I remember it's Blizzard and I played WoW for a decade and have enough experiences with nonsense like "reverted change to <ability> because it caused minions to no longer be summonable" and just absurd spaghetti code.

Anyway, even with the 4th slot, and if clones stay anywhere near the power level they are on PTR, it's gonna be a good season. I hope they lean into the power of it and future seasons just keep letting us have fun power levels. And mid-season double <whatever>s have been nice too the past two seasons; but if they get this seasons stuff sorted out, I don't know if that'll be necessary? At least the double bounties felt like a "whoopsy, this seasonal power was garbage and completely unreliably useless". I think the goblins prior were some sort of holiday thing they just kept? I can't even remember now.

Also, think I'm going Crusader on both PC and Switch. Dunno if I'll mess with HC much this next season. After going nuts with it last season, I did it a bit this time around and then kinda petered off. We will see I guess.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    I originally thought Crusader, valor seems like a solid start for sure, but the Norvald’s buff killed it for me.

It makes perfect sense for gathering up bombardment targets, but a global 6x multiplier redefines most of the sets around steed charging every 5-6 seconds.

• Options
    Well, I don't really ever get to the point I'm rounding up enemies. If I get over GR100 I'm happy. So basically what amounts to the "speed farm" phase for a lot of the more hardcore players. I'm already using steed charge constantly, so the Norvalds buff doesn't really even change anything other than make Fist stronger and move faster; particularly with the 4th slot. :lol:

Maybe WD though. I haven't played one in awhile. Pretty sick of DH/Barb/Necro.

Hopefully they don't push back the next season start too far. But with the PS5 and XBSX both releasing a few days before the 13th, it seems like that might not be the best time to start a season? But if they wait too much longer they're running up into Thanksgiving in the US, and the 2077 not too far after. Really, there's not any particularly good time in the next month or two, so I guess they'll just have to pull the trigger regardless.

• Options
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Nov13th would work nicely for me meaning it is highly unlikely

How’s the 20th for you? :razz: With no news today, that kinda sounds like the plan.

• Options
    Nov 20th isn't great. I can at least play that night for maybe 2-3 hours, but I don't have much time to play that weekend or the following week.

nov 13th is much more convenient

• Options
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Nov 20th isn't great. I can at least play that night for maybe 2-3 hours, but I don't have much time to play that weekend or the following week.

nov 13th is much more convenient
    It's official. Patch on the 20th!

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Hey folks, would anyone have some time to carry me through two more Seasonal conquests on PC either tonight or tomorrow night? I did the "45 grift with no set items equipped" (trivial these days), and was aiming to do the gold streak and "rift in 2 minutes" conquests, but I don't think I'll have enough time to get my gear to the right level in time. I'm doing a no-set Skeleton Mages Necro, and sweeping through T13 pretty easily, but I'm not moving fast enough to get under the 2 minute limit.

I feel bad asking for help like this seasons after season. I ended up not having much time to play this season, so I'm not sure if I'll actually be able to make it in time, but I figured I'd try. I'm going to be available to play between 10pm and 2am EST, both tonight and tomorrow.

(I of course 100% understand if no one has the time/desire to do this, all good.)

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Does D3 have cross platform play? I would help but I am on Switch

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
This discussion has been closed.