As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Wow, this game sucks about as much as a pair of 0-3 teams going at it.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    What's the point of allowing reviews on pass interference if the officials aren't going to get it right? Both reviews in the GB/PHI game were wrong as was the one just now in the MNF game.

Someone, I don’t recall who, made the observation last week that the biggest thing to come out of the new PI review policy is the realization that NFL refs don’t really know what PI is.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

One of them *is* the Bungles.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Bengals/Steelers is the most unwatchable, least necessary rivalry in all of American sports

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Man, even the refs are dropping Dalton passes.

Ed: and the corner posts.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular

Yeah, I had three choices.

Go to bed before the game started, nail a part of my body to my desk, or watch this game.

When I felt getting a hammer was the second best option, I went to bed.

Looks like I made the right choice.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »

Yeah, I had three choices.

Go to bed before the game started, nail a part of my body to my desk, or watch this game.

When I felt getting a hammer was the second best option, I went to bed.

Looks like I made the right choice.

It was pretty shit.

And then Pittsburgh won...

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Whatever the Browns are division leaders and head into a marquee matchup with San Francisco because nothing makes sense anymore

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Now this is a heck of a stat:
    Of the 4 Teams that are 0-4, the Broncos, Redskins & Bengals have a combined -128 point differential. The Dolphins have a -137 point differential.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    The one I thought was funny, was that if you combine all the scoring the Dolphins have made in all four games, they STILL haven't outscored an opponent.

And if they score a FG or less this week, they still won't.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Of the 4 Teams that are 0-4, the Broncos, Redskins & Bengals have a combined -128 point differential. The Dolphins have a -137 point differential.
    It's the first time they've been the best at something, let them have it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I wonder how the Dolphins players feel about putting their health and lives on the line for a franchise that has absolutely no interest in winning. I mean I get that probably quite a few of them are borderline NFL quality players or worse, so if the franchise was interested in winning they wouldn't have a job, but still.

Maybe I'm overthinking it and these guys are just happy to get a chance to be in the NFL, being paid to play the game they have spent such a large portion of their life on.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    I wonder how the Dolphins players feel about putting their health and lives on the line for a franchise that has absolutely no interest in winning. I mean I get that probably quite a few of them are borderline NFL quality players or worse, so if the franchise was interested in winning they wouldn't have a job, but still.

Maybe I'm overthinking it and these guys are just happy to get a chance to be in the NFL, being paid to play the game they have spent such a large portion of their life on.

I think most of them are just trying to look good for tape and hoping they play good enough to get poached by other teams.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

The Mariners were absolutely terrible this year. Over 162 games they ammassed a -135 point differential. Sure football is a higher scoring game but damn.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Didn't the Sea Dogs manage to win a game or two?

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

The Mariners were absolutely terrible this year. Over 162 games they ammassed a -135 point differential. Sure football is a higher scoring game but damn.

The Dolphins are bad.

I mean, so were the Mariners. But the Dolphins are bad.

What’s going to be funny is when they fuck up tanking and accidentally win a game while the Redskins or Bengals end up going 0-16.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Six wrote: »

The Dolphins are bad.

What’s going to be funny is when they fuck up tanking and accidentally win a game while the Redskins or Bengals end up going 0-16.

Calling it now, most anticipated game of 2019, Week 16, Dolphins/Bengals.

I don't want to WATCH the game. Butif both teams perform as badly as I expect (and their performance to date suggests), that could be a game for the ages.

I wonder just how badly both teams would have to play, for the NFL to step in there.

Week 17, Bengals play the Browns, who will likely still have something to prove and have the roster to do so (injuries excepted), and Week 17, the Pats will likely be resting their entire starting teams, and yet will still probably dominate the Dolphins.

So, for both teams, Week 16 is THE showdown.

Assuming Redskins don't ruin it by losing to the Dolphins next week.

• Options

The Dolphins are bad.

I don't want to WATCH the game. Butif both teams perform as badly as I expect (and their performance to date suggests), that could be a game for the ages.

I wonder just how badly both teams would have to play, for the NFL to step in there.

Week 17, Bengals play the Browns, who will likely still have something to prove and have the roster to do so (injuries excepted), and Week 17, the Pats will likely be resting their entire starting teams, and yet will still probably dominate the Dolphins.

I could see the skins doing that.

• Options

The Dolphins are bad.

I could see the skins doing that.

Yeah, never underestimate either of these three teams ability to lose.

BUT... I will laugh so hard that I may seriously endanger the cleanliness of my pants if that game ends in a tie.

• Options
    I will absolutely root for a tie.

• Options
    borschevskyborschevsky Registered User regular
    Week 17, the Pats will likely be resting their entire starting teams, and yet will still probably dominate the Dolphins.
    It isn’t likely, but the possibility does exist that this game will be the 0-15 Dolphins on the road against the 15-0 Pats. How high would the spread for that game be, if the Pats are playing for a perfect season, and Miami for the #1 pick?

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Who do the 72 Dolphins root for in that scenario?

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

The meteor, like the rest of us.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Dolphins.

They send a case of champagne to whoever beats the last undefeated team of the season.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    The Dolphins are fascinating because the Josh Rosen story makes no sense at all. The dolphin chatter seems to indicate they will draft a QB, which will once again make Rosen expendable. It's anti value, the way teams seem intent on turning draft picks into worse draft picks. I'm rooting for the guy because I'd hate to see him never realize his ceiling due to mismanagement.

• Options
    Going to be “watching” at least the first half of the game tonight from a plane. I really hope there’s live TV or good WiFi or both.

• Options
    Because you’re all concerned - there;’s live TV on the flight and I should be able to see the game.

Huzzah

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Because you’re all concerned - there;’s live TV on the flight and I should be able to see the game.

Huzzah

Seeing what's probably going to happen I dunno if that's a good thing six.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Huzzah

Seeing what's probably going to happen I dunno if that's a good thing six.

I’m irrationally optimistic about this game. Rams are crap against the run and don’t have nearly the defense they had last year, and last year we were able to score on them.

At home, in prime time, I think we’ll hold up enough to contain Goff and I don’t think the Rams can run enough.

So it’s probably totally irrational, but I like our chances.

Which probably bodes ill.

• Options
    So I lied. Live TV on Delta is provided by Dish which apparently is currently in a dispute with Fox so no live game for me. I hope this WiFi ends up working.

Auspicious beginnings.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Looks like the NFL network simulcast isn’t happening. Really selling people on the necessity for a dedicated network, assholes.

I don’t know whose side they’re on but it ain’t the fans.

Fuck Fox
    Fuck Dish
    Fuck Directv
    Fuck the NFL Network

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Dolphins.

They send a case of champagne to whoever beats the last undefeated team of the season.

Ya, the 72 dolphins only get remembered because of this. Greatest team ever as their record indicates. I personally love this little tidbit about football that they do this
    Some think it's petty i think it's awesome

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »
    Dolphins.

Ya, the 72 dolphins only get remembered because of this. Greatest team ever as their record indicates. I personally love this little tidbit about football that they do this

It can be, and is both.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    Dolphins.

It can be, and is both.

I will accept that. I guess it can be petty and awesome.at the same time

• Options
    These stupid green uniforms are eye-searing trash.

• Options
    Ugh, that’s a fumble.

Dammit

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Reminder: If watching on Prime, switch audio to U.K. and make the broadcast so much better.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Reminder: If watching on Prime, switch audio to U.K. and make the broadcast so much better.

Great google moogly. This is awesome, I had no idea.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    A fumble going to be pulled back to the point of pickup because of bad officiating

Edit: love how they cut to a lare hit helmet to helmet at the end just to rub it in

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    League is gonna have to make a new rule for fumbles because the refs keep missing obvious calls.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg