As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] Reveal stream live now! Expansion drops April 9th!

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    im averse to crafting anything right now because rotation inc so im sticking with midrange hunter and odd pally

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    im averse to crafting anything right now because rotation inc so im sticking with midrange hunter and odd pally

yeah, same

i've crafted a few things that i feel are strong cards which won't be going anywhere anytime soon (new dragons, zul'jin, jan'alai), but otherwise i'm holding onto my dust for the time being. oondasta seems strong too but only in the context of a few particular decks (deathrattle hunter, quest warrior) that will be disappearing post-rotation so i won't be crafting him. also there's oondasta-less lists that function fine anyway~

but fortunately, you can get by extremely well just with old decks. for the most part. a few new bits and bobbles but the old decks still work fine.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    I tried out that swanky Control Priest deck today and BOY THAT'S A GOOD DECK

I beat a goddamn Odd Warrior. A goddamn Odd Warrior that I had to chunk through like a ridiculous amount of Armor, AND get him down to 15-ish only for him to heal back up to 25 from a 5 attack Zilliax.

But got there I did. Alexstrasza to 15, he heals back up to 19 with a buffed Lifesteal taunt mech.... But Triple Mind Blast and Shadowreaper HP say fukken LOLNOPE.

I wish I had a replay but I was playing on my phone. Wehhhh. I think I could probably get that to sync up replays with the mobile Deck Tracker but I haven't set that up yet. Just like, out of laziness I think. <_<

yeah control priest rules, absolutely great deck right now

As another case study, I just beat a mechacthun druid as control priest when at one point they had 60 effective health and less than 8 cards in their deck. I still had 18 or 19 cards in my deck at that point.

Turns out once they blow their card draw load, and have no way to deal with you playing minions, psychic screams do wonders for making the game last plenty long enough.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I can't wait to wave goodbye to Psychic Scream in 10 or so weeks.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

I also like Psychic Screaming a bunch of 3/3 wolves into Spellhunter decks.

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Psychic scream is priced like they thought shuffling into your opponents deck was a draw back, instead of something that is usually an advantage.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Divine Shield quest and, I have to admit, I have fun with this deck. Who among us hasn't sat back and pondered that age-old question: How Long Can I Keep A Single Righteous Protector In Play?

### Staying Alive
    # Class: Paladin
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Raven
    #
    # 2x (1) Autodefense Matrix
    # 1x (1) Blessing of Wisdom
    # 2x (1) Redemption
    # 2x (1) Righteous Protector
    # 1x (1) Secretkeeper
    # 1x (2) Amani Berserker
    # 2x (2) Equality
    # 2x (2) Hydrologist
    # 2x (3) Divine Favor
    # 2x (3) Stoneskin Basilisk
    # 1x (3) Vicious Fledgling
    # 2x (4) Annoy-o-Module
    # 1x (4) Bellringer Sentry
    # 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
    # 2x (4) Consecration
    # 1x (5) Ghostly Charger
    # 1x (6) Argent Commander
    # 2x (8) Bonemare
    # 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
    #
    AAECAZ8FCJ4BmQKWBvoG3QqfwgLL7wKt8gILjAHcA6cF9AWvB7PBAuPLAqbOAtLTAtj+AuH+AgA=

It's kind of like a Secret Pally, but designed around specifically returning Shield minions to life/keeping them around through Redemptions (two in the deck, usually two more from Hydrologist hunting) and Matrixes. Your chance of receiving non-stop Threaten emotes goes up considerably when your Protector is brought back for the third time.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Neaden wrote: »
    Psychic scream is priced like they thought shuffling into your opponents deck was a draw back, instead of something that is usually an advantage.
    Which is funny, since Recycle was priced the opposite way.

• Options
    Neaden wrote: »

Psychic Scream can definitely be a drawback, however - or, more likely, a mixed blessing. It's costed such that you can't really build much of a board after it, and any useful battlecries or deathrattles are now there for your opponent.

• Options
    It doesn't proc Deathrattles, though.

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

I also like Psychic Screaming a bunch of 3/3 wolves into Spellhunter decks.

That's pretty much an insta concede. Thank god I rarely see it.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    After being 2 stars away from legend, I've fallen back to rank 2 and can't seem to gain any traction. Stuck in that win one, lose one loop. I mean, I could grind to legend but I just don't play enough.

So fuck it, fun time decks from here on out.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited January 2019

No, but they get them when they replay the minion, and presumably you included the deathrattles in your deck because they were good ones to have.

ED: Also, when against playing Druid as Priest, always remember to keep one (1) Northshire Cleric and one (1) or more Psychic Screams in your hand. As soon as they run out of cards, play that combo, and then laugh.

Elvenshae on
  • Options

No, but they get them when they replay the minion, and presumably you included the deathrattles in your deck because they were good ones to have.
    Not if they're dead before they get to that point.

• Options

... were we not talking about the case wherein you Psychic Scream your own minions into your opponent's deck? If they're already dead, then they aren't getting Screamed, yes?

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

... were we not talking about the case wherein you Psychic Scream your own minions into your opponent's deck? If they're already dead, then they aren't getting Screamed, yes?

The idea is you trade your deathrattle minions into theirs before you scream, I think

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Fearghaill wrote: »

The idea is you trade your deathrattle minions into theirs before you scream, I think

Yes, that is the goal. However, if you've done that, then you aren't Psychic Screaming them into your opponent's deck, because they are already dead, and therefore the whole line of conversation doesn't apply.

ED: And, yes, you also want to trade in all your useful Battlecry minions before you Scream. And, generally, all of your other minions, as well, because then the opponent doesn't get to benefit from them, you reduce the opponent's fatigue advantage they're [generally] about to get, and you turn the pseudo-board-clear into all upside.

Elvenshae on
  • Options

They in this case being the opponent.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Fun: winning with an OTK deck like Exodia Mage.

More fun: winning against an OTK deck like Hakkar.

Tons of fun: Winning against an OTK deck thanks to Hakkar.

Most fun: winning against a Hakkar OTK deck with Exodia Mage by taking advantage of all of the corrupted Blood in my opponant’s deck before the Hakkar swap and forcing them to draw into it six extra times (Mana Bind on Naturalize, Research Project), causing massive damage from Blood.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    OTK decks aren't fun to play against :(

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    If you're aggro or have Dirty Rats they are.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Yilias wrote: »
    If you're aggro or have Dirty Rats they are.

the Gnarled Vines have claimed my Rats and taken them away from me

the Raven God has decreed that Rats are forbidden and not to be

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    I climbed to rank 5 in wild on the back of odd rogue. I faced one really weird OTK deck that seemed to require a ridiculous amount of clicks that seem impossible for a human to complete in one turn. It's a priest deck that plays the two minions that have the deathrattle that gives you back spells you cast on them. This dude had two radiant elementals and two of these minions on the board, then buffed one minion with Velen's blessing and then killed another one with holy smite to get spells back. It took an insane amount of time and somehow he kept being able to recast blessings and damage when the timer was on that last bit before ending for something like 5 minutes, until he had enough spellpower to OTK me with mind blast.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    So it's OTK priest using spellpower and Mind Blast for lethal instead of Divine Spirit and a big Stonetusk Boar. Interesting. It'd get around mass taunts/hunter traps better, but sounds more slow to ramp up since Velen's just adds 1 SP per cast rather than Divine Spirit's eventual exponential increase in Boar damage.

forty on
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular

They in this case being the opponent.

I think this is the key. Right now fatigue doesn't really matter, slow decks aren't trying to fatigue you out, they are going to OTK you. Shuffling some random cards into an OTK paladin, druid, warlock, or whatever means it is farther off from getting it's combo. Against an agro deck you are hopefully shuffling in low cost minions they don't want to topdeck.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/hearthstone-lunar-new-year-bundle?linkId=100000004859922

Lunar New Year bundle announced. 30 packs for $20. 10 packs each from The Witchwood, The Boomsday Project, and Rastakhan’s Rumble. Not a bad deal and all the cards are Standard viable until April 2020.

Available now thru February 12th. One time purchase only.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/hearthstone-lunar-new-year-bundle?linkId=100000004859922

Lunar New Year bundle announced. 30 packs for $20. 10 packs each from The Witchwood, The Boomsday Project, and Rastakhan’s Rumble. Not a bad deal and all the cards are Standard viable until April 2020.

Available now thru February 12th. One time purchase only.

My packs contained 2000 dust and two bad Legendaries.

You win again, Blizzard.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I got a bunch of dust, a few epics, and legendary Myra and Hexlord Malycross.

Sitting on 5k gold and 9k dust for the next expansion.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Huh.

Arugal. Boom-zooka. Jan'alai. Cloning Gallery.

I'm not displeased with that haul.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Time to convert some more WoW-earned Blizzbux into cards at the only reasonable exchange rate Team 5 ever offers.

forty on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    my 30 lunar packs treated me very, very well

Dollmaster Dorian
    Golden Chameleos
    High Prieat Thekal

Plus like like 2-3 golden epics, and another 4-5 regular epics. No boomsday legendaries, so I might grab some more packs to run out the pity timer at some point.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    I stopped opening packs for each expansion as soon as I hit legendaries, so buying 10 more of each is likely to only net me a few epics. I'll pass.

• Options
    Technically everyone getting 2+ legendaries out of their bundles is doing better than average. I expect to do below average. :(

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    The best way to win the game is not play at all.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I’m waiting to spend any more money/dust/gold till after rotation, personally

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    I’m waiting to spend any more money/dust/gold till after rotation, personally

At least this deal is standard legal post rotation.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i would be very surprised if any multi-pack bundle was any more or less valuable after a rotation (barring things rotating obviously)

the average value of any given pack from any given set is pretty uniform across sets, we like to dream of outsmarting the system, and buying more of one pack being really smart, but it's a real The House Always Wins situation

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    A lot of 2017 cards are so dominant at crowding out 2018 cards that I think this rotation, more than usual, will result in more currently available cards becoming playable. The only way that isn't really going to be the case is if the first set this year ends up being so full of OP cards that the 2018 ones continue to be suppressed, but that doesn't seem all that likely.

Edit: I mean there's no getting around the fact that if you want to convert $ into Standard cards/dust, there's just no better deal than the occasional $20 for 30 bundle. And if you don't intend to spend money on the game, then you'll just continue not to.

forty on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    500 wins on shaman!

Sitting at rank 3, 3 stars now after an extremely long game against an even Paladin who roped nearly every turn. He was very frustrated that I didn’t trigger his “when your opponent plays 3 cards in a single turn, draw 2 cards” the entire game. He played it on turn 3 (from hydrologist) and he conceded around turn 12-13 when he had zero cards in hand, and I dropped hagatha to clear the board. Wish there was a penalty for roping multiple turns in a row.

• Options
    i didn't buy into Rastakhan's at all because i was unsure if i was even going to be playing the game (spoilers: turns out i got back in, but largely in part due to Rastakhan's being low impact enough to have not needed to buy any packs at all!), but i decided to say fuck it and bought into this bundle. i'm playing again. why not.

haven't opened it yet tho hm~~~

DNiDlnb.png