As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Arteen wrote: »
    Is it rude to relentlessly teabag opponents who cheated their way to Not Forgotten?

Because I think I might've done something rude last match.

No, this is fine and basically your civic duty.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Man I just... don’t like Season of the Drifter that much. I wish I did because all the lore sounds cool, but I’ve had no desire to play this week. The chances for powerful gambit prime gear are too low or too stingy. I can’t make progress on the powerful quest without being high enough LL to access the next tier of Reckoning, and I am not playing enough or acquiring enough powerful gear to get to 670 in any reasonable time, let alone 700.

I don’t know. I mean, I guess the progression is probably no slower than it was in Black Armory? But something about Drifter feels... bad. Maybe I am just burned out on the grind and in a few weeks I’ll be back into it. But of course I’ll be even further behind and it’s hard enough to find groups.

Progression is faster this season. Here are some powerful sources for you to consider that aren't Gambit Prime:
    - Daily (strike, crucible, heroic adventure, gambit)
    - Flashpoint
    - Three strike weekly
    - Five Crucible weekly
    - Three Gambit weekly
    - Three Heroic Story weekly
    - 20 bounty weekly
    - Clan weekly
    - Clan engrams
    - Raids
    - Nightfall weekly
    - High score Nightfall
    - Heroic hunt bounty from Spider
    - Weekly invitation quest from Xur
    - Two Black Armory powerful frames weekly
    - Weekly Dreaming City mission
    - Ascendant Challenge
    - 8 bounty weekly from Petra
    - Blind Well Offering Weekly
    - Prime Engrams
    - (Soon) Iron Banner bounties

Just because Gambit Prime has the big money items doesn't mean it's that or nothing. That's completely wrong.

I’m aware of all of that but I’ve been doing it for 10 weeks or so. Would like to engage more with the new content.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I think I have seen a single ordinance mod the entire time I've been playing this game. Bungo pls. Banshee won't even sell them.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Late to the party, but I finally got around to Reckoning Tier 2 and that's a pretty fun time with a competent group.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Last night I had like 3 hours left on my Gambit Prime/Reckoning weekly bounty from last week. We tried to get a T2 done but it was basically impossible for anything but a really really coordinated group. Blackout is just fucking stupid with those T2 bosses. They just get anywhere near you and they will 1-shot the entire team at once. And once you knock their helmets off you are lucky to escape them charging you. We just gave up eventually.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2019
    Hello, hello.

3576f7e0-0963-4d2b-83e9-a92c5b320c06_Thumbnail.PNG

I'm fine just waiting for reset bonus, no point in taking a chance. And then I have to get wins for Recluse, because somehow I don't have enough yet. How many wins does a dude need?!

Elki wrote: »
    Has a semi-frustrating night in comp. We went positive overall and got some progress, but every single loss was one where you look back and see obvious and avoidable mistakes that cost us the match. I made a few of them.

We only played two Comp matches last night (since I can wait until reset to hit 2100 and didn't want to lose more), and we had one Countdown match that similarly hurt. A few mistakes that would have turned rounds and won the match. Our opponents came back from a 5-2 or 5-3 lead, reminding us all again that if Countdown was first to 4, it would be less terrible. We also lost a round because we were on offense, and despite killing all the opponents, I also died as the last guardian due to a burn effect, and a tie goes to the Defender.

Quick Play was also super sweaty, and has been all week. I feel like they made a matchmaking change but didn't tell anyone, but it's probably just paranoia.

Went back at it with the same crew, and it was great once we stopped sabotaging ourselves. We went on a 13-1 run overall, including an 0-3 survival comeback where I went on a fat streak when we got to game point. They're all solid players, but none of them have been able to get the pinnacle weapons on previous seasons, so we had to get extra try-hardy against full Luna stacks. Got a couple of free wins along the way, including a 3 stack that backed out and left a poor solo dude by himself. And then for the last match we absolutely stomped a team with a couple of NFs.

We were all around the same glory score when we started last night, was pretty cool to be there when a bunch of people got their Lunas.

Bonus: finished my Thorn quest in our last match.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

Hey raidgang- we only made it to 4 so I’m going to delete the raid. If people are keen we can try again next week and I’ll open up the other slots to public The100.io

Sorry, we were so close!

• Options
    Also I don’t know Bungie felt the need to include the ‘collect samples’ portion of the invitation of the 9

Hanging around in titan trying to shoot random fallen mooks for 15 minutes after doing a strike is not good gameplay

• Options
    Also I don’t know Bungie felt the need to include the ‘collect samples’ portion of the invitation of the 9

Hanging around in titan trying to shoot random fallen mooks for 15 minutes after doing a strike is not good gameplay

I go for my 3 weekly strikes after I get the invitation and hope to get lucky, with both the enemy type and the strike.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Aw dammit, I knew I was forgetting something tonight. I played the whole night without getting the invitation.

• Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular

I go for my 3 weekly strikes after I get the invitation and hope to get lucky, with both the enemy type and the strike.

shit this is a good idea. thankfully I still have mine saved

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I had some huge downloads to complete on the X1 yesterday, so I decided to actively hunt that last Ps exclusive exotic from D1 that Xur STILL has never sold. Over 100 three of coins later, I did not get it. I only got one exotic in the right slot and the Cryptarch went ahead and served up a dupe item for me. This system is pretty, pretty bullshit. It's like triple random selection. Random if the three of coins will even do anything, random what slot the exotic will drop as, and random what exotic it comes out as.

So now I'm back to checking Xur again once a week. What a hateful thing it is...

• Options
    So close to disaster.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/elkamil/video/71807749

Wardcliff is some BS, isn’t it?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Hello, hello.

3576f7e0-0963-4d2b-83e9-a92c5b320c06_Thumbnail.PNG

I'm fine just waiting for reset bonus, no point in taking a chance. And then I have to get wins for Recluse, because somehow I don't have enough yet. How many wins does a dude need?!

Has a semi-frustrating night in comp. We went positive overall and got some progress, but every single loss was one where you look back and see obvious and avoidable mistakes that cost us the match. I made a few of them.

We only played two Comp matches last night (since I can wait until reset to hit 2100 and didn't want to lose more), and we had one Countdown match that similarly hurt. A few mistakes that would have turned rounds and won the match. Our opponents came back from a 5-2 or 5-3 lead, reminding us all again that if Countdown was first to 4, it would be less terrible. We also lost a round because we were on offense, and despite killing all the opponents, I also died as the last guardian due to a burn effect, and a tie goes to the Defender.

Quick Play was also super sweaty, and has been all week. I feel like they made a matchmaking change but didn't tell anyone, but it's probably just paranoia.

Went back at it with the same crew, and it was great once we stopped sabotaging ourselves. We went on a 13-1 run overall, including an 0-3 survival comeback where I went on a fat streak when we got to game point. They're all solid players, but none of them have been able to get the pinnacle weapons on previous seasons, so we had to get extra try-hardy against full Luna stacks. Got a couple of free wins along the way, including a 3 stack that backed out and left a poor solo dude by himself. And then for the last match we absolutely stomped a team with a couple of NFs.

We were all around the same glory score when we started last night, was pretty cool to be there when a bunch of people got their Lunas.

Bonus: finished my Thorn quest in our last match.
    Congrats dude! I think you’re technically safe going for a final win; point loss for losing a match is 52 at heroic and I believe the weekly bonus is 120. But it is probably best to play it safe

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I was watching some old D1 vids and was reminded of the Skorris time. Ya'll remember Skorris? That was some stupid bullshit. It's nice to remember that as annoying as things are now sometimes, they were annoying then too.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    So have we talked about how Recluse is filthy good fun? Because it is. Rocking a major spec for Pve and backup mag on a second for pvp.

Paired with my militia’s birthright in PvP. Either I get the one hit kill and it procs recluse, or they have a sliver of health and I can tidy up with and proc the perk on recluse. Took it into a rumble match yesterday and was only beaten by another guy with recluse

Pve you can just go on a tear and shred all the mooks

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    A bot must always be swag.

axb2b8mxgt1o.jpeg

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Oh thank Tymora, Corrupted is on the Nightfall rotation this week. I think people were about to break out the pitchforks and torches.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    So close to disaster.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/elkamil/video/71807749

Wardcliff is some BS, isn’t it?

I played one match of pvp this morning before the reset (after not playing at all in the past week) just to get the powerful drop. I got this message afterwards:

vrDBEfT.jpg

Edit: I also reported him for TOS violations, so hopefully Sony does something about that.

ronzo on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Man, I've killed so many people with Wardcliff and no one ever sends me hate messages!

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    According to my brother, I’m apparently a magnet for this shit.

He’ll play hours of something like R6 Siege and not see a single asshole, then he’ll join up with me and see me get teamkilled the instant we load in, before I can even do or say anything.

• Options
    f4c3b256-262e-4214-8f44-c8dd791805cf_Thumbnail.PNG

New look. Sorta like the old look.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Yoooooo this Iron Burden debuff is no joke. Getting 500 kills with it is going to suck. It also only lasts 30 minutes, so you need to buy a good number of the consumable to make progress.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Ya'll using the burden are maniacs, the fusion isn't even sort of worth it and I guess the emblem's cool but the whole thing is a hard pass from me, ick, no thank you.

• Options
    Is there any point to it other than the triumph, emblem and crappy weapon?

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I had hoped the roll would be good, but also thought it would just be a silly challenge and reason to play some Banner.

I figure it is a goal for the season, not for just this week, which makes it more palatable.

Also, Triumphs!

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Oh is Banner back? Is there any good reason to do it this time, or is it same old Banner?

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Oh is Banner back? Is there any good reason to do it this time, or is it same old Banner?

Technically there's some unique loot.

But unless we got the gang together one night, I'm not sure it'd be much fun.

• Options

Easy powerful engrams if you need them to hit 700. If you don't... okay wow.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Xbox clan just hit level 3 - clan vendor challenges now award enhancement cores.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Oh it’s never fun. It’s just less bad because of the Power of Friendship! =)

Unique loot is nice, but I just want at least ONE good weapon.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    I'm about 150 kills into this Iron Burden triumph and it's a real slog. I'm not certain Wizened Rebuke with that roll is anywhere near worth the effort.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »

Technically there's some unique loot.

But unless we got the gang together one night, I'm not sure it'd be much fun.

Dang, why are y’all hating on the Banner?

There’s new armor if you think it looks cool

A bunch of fairly easy Powerfuls

Orewings is back, and it seems like the guns can drop with the new Drifter perks like Demolitionist

There’s Triumphs and emblems and other stuff

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Playing in Iron Banner will multiply the progress you make towards Thorn? Oh cool. Apparently, it will multiply it from 1% per kill to 1.02%? This is a REAL unpleasant slog. Why Bung...

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Playing in Iron Banner will multiply the progress you make towards Thorn? Oh cool. Apparently, it will multiply it from 1% per kill to 1.02%? This is a REAL unpleasant slog. Why Bung...

It literally doubles all the point values

EDIT:
    Void Hand Cannon Precision Kill: 3pt
    Void Hand Cannon Body Kill: 2pt
    Other Void Kill: 1pt
    Iron Banner and Competitive multiplier: x2
    Total Required: 500pt

Supposedly void HC precision streaks award a bonus but I was never able to verify

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular

Bonus Valor. Although I think this applies to all Crucible playlists, not just IB.

Saladin's Bounties are much easier and less time consuming, so you can get a bunch of Powerful Rewards.

Orewing's Maul is back with random perks, if you're looking for a GL in the Special slot.

EDIT See above, re: Thorn quest

• Options
    I played enough to get all the bounties done on one character. I got a decent Orewing's Maul, but I was hoping for demolitionist.

Proximity or Concussion / Graverobber / Auto-Loading Holster

• Options
    edited March 2019
    What does Demolitionist do?

awsimo on
  • Options
    awsimo wrote: »
    What does Demolitionist do?

"Kills with this weapon generate grenade energy. Activating your grenade ability reloads this weapon from reserves."

So, very useful.