Options

[Mortal Kombat 11] We Got Bugs and Fast Bois!

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Netherrealm is on a roll with MK ever since 9. Each is just a ton of fun, better than the last.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    MK1 looks great. I’ll get it without a doubt. The only thing I’m sad about is that there’s little chance of my girl Cassie making a return. I suppose Liu could do some time shenanigans to bring in some next gen characters but I won’t hold my breath.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Im hoping there will be some more info about their like krypt mode or whatever it turns out to be this time. my fingers are still crossed for a future shaolin monks/ fire and ice style game at some point, even if nothing is really done with a world tour kind of mode in this game

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Netherrealm is on a roll with MK ever since 9. Each is just a ton of fun, better than the last.

For the most part, yeah. But then there's stuff like this, which I came across on Twitter earlier:

I hope maybe they'll have something for that.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    What they should do is give you the option for blood or sweat.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    What they should do is give you the option for blood or sweat.

Yeah, all that sweat that comes out of your neck when your head comes off.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah I remember the gore was a huge problem for streamers during the MK11 era.

Wouldn't mind an option to tone it down myself. Isn't the biggest deal if they don't but the gore is probably the least interesting aspect of MK to me.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Nothing would make me happier than an ability to toggle off or tone down the gore.

• Options
    Oh, good. I was honestly afraid to say anything more before, but yeah, gore is more of a sideshow to why I enjoy Mortal Kombat.

And while "realistic" for the time, the original MK games' gore was... well... it was like Itchy & Scratchy, while this stuff is bordering on snuff films... or at least, what I'd guess snuff films are like, given the developer complaints.

Which is to say, it's a bit heavy-handed for my tastes. I still like most Fatalities, and those are at least over-the-top in some ways, but then there's the other close-up, skull-crunching, bone-shattering, kidney-crushing stuff, whose most over-the-top element is that the character taking it can still fight afterwards. OTOH, I'm not sure I'd like it better if they did the same stuff without the X-rays, so... yeah.

I just worry that they seem to keep wanting to go further and further with it, and it's like, "that's not what I grew up with." Yeah, I know how that sounds, but... that was probably the era when I liked Mortal Kombat most. On the whole, I'd say it's better now, but at the same time, if 13-year old me was presented with some of the more extreme stuff here, I don't know that I'd be so into it.

Hell, what am I saying? A 13-year old should probably not be anywhere near one of these, which is funny, because the older young kid market really seemed to be where their bread was buttered back then.

Anyway, I'm not asking for the gore and violence to be taken away, but there's probably going to be a point where they should pump the brakes, assuming we haven't hit it already.

Hell, if people can't even stream and do YouTube videos of it without problems, maybe we have?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go spin my head like a helicopter so my ponytail can chop a guy into five torsos, 16 femurs, and three skulls amid a shower of bright red pixel blobs.

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    We got us some trailers.

https://youtu.be/66opZ1Go_ZA

https://youtu.be/_sLJ-xyjMQo

https://youtu.be/eT-3vhCl6N4

If you ever wanted to dismember John Cena, MK1's got you covered.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    All I’m saying is, if this game has Friendships, and they don’t have his be the title sequence dance number from Peacemaker, that’s a complete failure on their part.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I wonder if this is the first official rapist character being in an MK game with Homelander?

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    I wonder if this is the first official rapist character being in an MK game with Homelander?

Wait, what?

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    In the show Homelander has raped one of the good guys wives before the shows current timeline starts. They never show it I don’t think but it’s canon

Prohass on
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/eT-3vhCl6N4

If you ever wanted to dismember John Cena, MK1's got you covered.

Wow! With this pack, we can finally get John Cena versus Cody Rhodes!

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I haven't watched Invincible yet outside a whole whack of clips, and I already know the "twist". I know exactly what they're going for with Omni Man, but... I dunno. Just seeing the 3D model is weird as hell. I don't think I could say a line has been crossed or a shark has been jumped (and if it has, it was jumped a loooong time ago). It's just... weird.

I am however in the middle of finally watching The Boys. Homelander is the fucking best. I mean don't misunderstand, he's the fucking worst. But the actor is just killing it. Hopefully they got him for the voice, and seeing how he did it for that animation of the show, there's no reason why not.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    In the show Homelander has raped one of the good guys wives before the shows current timeline starts. They never show it I don’t think but it’s canon

Oh yes I knew that. I misinterpreted your post in that they put a rapist character in.

That was, uh, a shock.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »

Oh yes I knew that. I misinterpreted your post in that they put a rapist character in.

That was, uh, a shock.

It was super weird and random for Prohass to bring up anyway.

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Many of the MK cast would be rapists if they were real - let's be honest here.

I also find some odd joy in that people are asking for a MK blood code ala Super Nintendo version not because of government regulation but because of a corporation's regulation. 🤣 ah late stage capitalism

• Options
    edited July 2023
    It just sort of struck me, like yeah in Mk you have cartoonish villainy, but homelander it’s kind of disturbing to see him in video games alongside like moustache twirling villains, because his evil is much more real, despite the super powers. There’s a demarcation of maturity of content there. Like yeah MK is violent, but there’s a Saturday morning cartoon vibe to the actual writing of the baddies. Take the blood out and they’re teenage mutant ninja turtles villains

Prohass on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Honestly I don't think they put that much thought into it outside of "He's extremely popular rn and translates very easily into a fighting game where people kill each other" also they could finally put in Superman(but not Superman)

They may or may not have also watched the Omni-Man vs Homelander Death Match video.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Leaked story cutscene from SDCC

I am dubious about one of those fighters revealed here actually being playable. Not sure how they would pull that off. Last time he was playable they had to make some pretty major concessions to his design. Maybe he will be a kameo? That would make more sense.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, most people are guessing cameo

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    JCVD skin for JC? SOLD!

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Aren't OmniMan and Homelander kinda the same guy

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

In that they're murderous expies of Superman and his abilities? Largely, yes.
    In their personalities and motivation? Not so much.
    Sure, they're both omnicidal maniacs with staggering body counts, but they're not the same omnicidal maniac.

At least, from what I know based entirely on their respective Amazon shows, having never read the comics they were from.

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

In that they're murderous expies of Superman and his abilities? Largely, yes.
    In their personalities and motivation? Not so much.
    Sure, they're both omnicidal maniacs with staggering body counts, but they're not the same omnicidal maniac.

At least, from what I know based entirely on their respective Amazon shows, having never read the comics they were from.

Also reading online people are saying how they could potentially play differently.

Homelander has eye lazers but not good fighting skills, so he could be a zoner/keep away character.

Omni-man is a bruiser with no eye lazers, so he could probably be a rush down or grappler.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    see317 wrote: »

In that they're murderous expies of Superman and his abilities?

I prefer "Supermanalogs"

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    They need to pull evil superman and general Zod in from injustice, go ahead and make it a party.

• Options
    New trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72okJYRJWDI

Wouldn't have pegged Geras as a returning character but I guess it makes sense with the storyline.
    $5 says Lui Kang put Geras in charge of the hourglass and Geras went "Neutralizing the badguys is in contradiction to the balance of the universe" and is actively trying to reassert those malefactors to their original state.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Geras is a cool character to return.

I'm not really one for fatalities (they are gross especially in the modern games), but the ones in the trailer are kind of awesome. Especially Liu Kang's.

• Options
    I wish geras had like gold blood or something, something to reinforce the automaton/construct vibe and reflect the hourglass aesthetic

• Options
    Is there any word on whether kameo characters will have costumes too? Or are they locked in with their looks?

• Options
    I’m playing the quarry and I feel like a good way to add something to Netherrealm campaigns would be to do a similar chose your own adventure style thing. I don’t think that’s possible with this one, looks like same old same old, which is fine, but I’d dig it for future installments

• Options
    https://youtu.be/M39CVZt6uu0

Ok this new take on Reptile is fucking sick.

Also I don't want to spoil the surprise but fans of MK Deception should be pretty pleased I think. Some great additions to the roster we haven't seen in a long time.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    OH DAMN!!
    Hell yeah, Ashrah AND Havik? And Havik does all of his weird impossible bone breaking stuff? God damn!

• Options
    Who’s the kameo with havik in that vid?

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Sareena or one of the other identical ones.

• Options
    reVerse wrote: »

I recognised her but who’s the like fire demon thing?

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

I recognised her but who’s the like fire demon thing?

She transforms into a fire demon for some of her moves.