As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Awesome Games Done Quick 2024: IT’S OVER

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Master System Sonic 2 is also Game Gear Sonic 2. Maybe it has slightly better specs on Master System? Dunno about that.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    It'll be interesting to see the numbers. Viewership will likely be huge, because obviously, but I wonder if donations will match

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    There's a ton of good games on that schedule, very exciting

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    they're showing off OOT Co-op Randomizer? ahahaha
    wonder if that will be with the area portal randomizer or just items co-op randomized

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Apparently Roku is not supporting the Twitch Channel at all anymore so that's a huge kick in the balls.

• Options
    Or is the stream down? nothing is loading?

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    tech issues preventing it from starting at the moment

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    it's underway now

schedule: https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    So yeah, here's how that Doom Eternal speedrun on the schedule is only 30 minutes long:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-aX0ISddW8

turns out you can bind jump to your scroll wheel using console commands, then walk off a slope, open the weapon wheel, spam jump with the mousewheel, and jump over entire levels at the start
    The game isn't even out a month and the any% record is already 26 minutes.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i know some people dont like those sorts of runs but i really enjoy how walls are a suggestion in current doom

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Ocarina of Time Co-Op Randomizer coming up

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    oh wait are they just playing solo randomizer with the same seed and sharing information? Lame, I thought they were doing the randomizer mod where it puts items for other players in your game sometimes.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I really want a purple tunic for Link in regular OOT now

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    oh wait are they just playing solo randomizer with the same seed and sharing information? Lame, I thought they were doing the randomizer mod where it puts items for other players in your game sometimes.

If you're looking for people doing that, it's called multiworld.

Doing a randomizer co-op like this seems like a good way to avoid the run going over estimate.

• Options
    Yeah I definitely prefer multiworld to straight co-op but doesn't lend itself well to marathon stuff because of its unpredictability, both in terms of setting an estimate, but also because oftentimes you will run into a situation where one player will be straight up out of checks and then have to wait and do literally nothing while they wait for the other player to give them something they can use to proceed

• Options
    yeah that's true

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    The fire and ice moment was pretty good

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The real fun part of multiworld rando is when all the rupees from chests are replaced by ice traps given to other players on 4x damage

• Options
    super mario sunshine race, this is my jam

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    This Pump It Up! player has remarkably clear diction for someone airwalking at the speed of sound.

• Options
    We're down to the classic end-of-marathon wire with the final incentive. With 1.5 hours remaining out of a 3 hour final run, the last incentive of $75,000 is just under halfway met.

• Options
    Annnnd it got met

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Should cross $400,000 from residual donations. Final tally at the end there was 399k.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/QRH5cxL-qQo
    This run is a lot of fun.

• Options

Summer Games Done Quick 2020 in-person event is officially called off. They're going to run an online SGDQ instead, still raising money for Doctors Without Borders as usual.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Not a surprising outcome and the Covid Relief event was a good first pass.

• Options
    The Yetee has introduced "SGDQ 2020 Virtual Attendee" t-shirts and hoodies, available for pre-order now through July 21, and has the usual $5 for every purchase going to the sponsoring charity.

https://theyetee.com/collections/sgdq

Also hopefully FINALLY getting a games list on Monday.

• Options
    Volunteer notifications went out last week, so the last bits of prep should be coming to a close soon.

Related, I will be one of your hosts for SGDQ this year.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ooh, that's a nice design.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Ooh, that's a nice design.

Yeah, I might actually buy a shirt this year.

• Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    Volunteer notifications went out last week, so the last bits of prep should be coming to a close soon.

Details?

• Options
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

Details?

I don't have any inside information if that is what you are asking for; I am speculating that with volunteer notifications out the games list is the last major bit of set-up prior to the direct prep for the event.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I think he meant when you'd be hosting

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    I think he meant when you'd be hosting

If that was the question, I do not know! I am guessing I will have that information in a week or two.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    This Pump It Up! player has remarkably clear diction for someone airwalking at the speed of sound.

I'm sad I didn't know this was a thing until now, I've been in the scene for a decade+, and we're very tightly knit, there's a ton of love in the scene.

Also, the freestylers are the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCA7QoWSsc

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    If any of you have not been keeping up with the scene there was a streamer raped at SGDQ 2014 by Giantwaffles and Stivitybobo so if you are subscribed to either of them or follow them or whatever you should reconsider.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    holy fuck that's awful. i'd heard of some bouts of harassment here and there, but hadn't heard anything about that. jesus

• Options
    Ugh, fuck. I hope it was an isolated incident and there's no systematic problems that allowed it to happen/hushed it up.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    it's been an open secret in the speedrunning community since it happened and it took this long to come out because of the shitty culture surrounding the streamers

there's a pastebin by deb (tolki) out there with the full story from her side

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Plus a recent post by a former twitch mod of giant who said that right after the rape giant told him he did it. He was only worried about how it might affect his streaming, not how badly he had hurt someone.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion