As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Awesome Games Done Quick 2024: IT’S OVER

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Damn octopath is a pretty game. My wife immediately commented it looks like something I would play.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Damn octopath is a pretty game. My wife immediately commented it looks like something I would play.

It's real, real good.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    FFIV this year is free enterprise, too, so it should be very different from any previous GDQ showcased runs.

edit: btw folks Virtual Hydlide is being shown by Gyre late tonight and if you want to see some truly... mindboggling... 1995 3d graphics, tune in. Gyre's a great runner and super informative.

Heh, I checked out the Free Enterprise seed generator thingie, but damn it, it requires a particular version of the rom, and I no longer have it. Also, roms are incredibly scarce online now that it's been officially cracked down on.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    the current top two teams in the mega man x race are literally within 2 seconds of themselves, midway through mega man x 3. tune in for what's shaping out to be a very close race

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    the current top two teams in the mega man x race are literally within 2 seconds of themselves, midway through mega man x 3. tune in for what's shaping out to be a very close race

its been pretty tight between them for almost the entire race, even trading the lead a couple times during X 2. getting real exciting as they move into the final stretch.

• Options
    oooh, maybe spoke to soon that one.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    That iateyourpie burn near the end of the X series relay race was fucking epic.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Cannot wait for th awful games block coming up, routinely the best part of these marathons!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Cannot wait for th awful games block coming up, routinely the best part of these marathons!

Careful with PJ's game. 1) He's PJ, but 2) It's nausea inducing for some people. World spinning is hard on the head.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Mega Man Unlimited was really cool. That runner was in the zone the whole time, and it was a thing to behold.

• Options
    HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    Mega Man DOS can't possibly be that-

...wow. It is.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    oh hell yeah virtual hydlide time

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

Oh God I don't know long I can watch this, is this single digit FPS?

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    TeeMan wrote: »

Oh God I don't know long I can watch this, is this single digit FPS?

it's probably more accurate to start measuring it in seconds per frame

edit: "it does half your life in damage in one frame, so you have a couple of seconds to get off it"

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Holy fuck. Three floors of teleport maze? There's early gaming arcane and then there's "fuck you".

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Good god they were not joking about how awful these games are. Some funny moments amongst the madness though.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Projared's review of Virtual Hydlide really makes me excited to go back and watch the VoD of this. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Steel your stomach for the Prey run.

*crunch crunch crunch*
    The runner broke the character's legs, so every step you hear his bones crunch. Apparently the discomfort here is common, the runner/couch reminded everyone to "pretend it's just the chips in your pockets that are crunching"

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Just watching the Nier run now and it's pretty cool. I wish the guy on the couch would drop all the "durr was thing even QA'ed?" stuff. Like, have a little respect for people's work.

• Options
    its chex quest time folks!!

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Mega Man DOS can't possibly be that-

...wow. It is.

I enjoyed in my youth because it was the only one I could complete with my baby hand-eye coordination skills back in the day, after all other in the series shitting on me. I would play it in super slow motion.

I would not beat my first Megaman until 7, many years later.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I played the fuck out of some Chex Quest back when I was a young lad who was unable to afford any games myself. Legitimately excited for this run

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hmm... I've never beaten any of the original, X, or Zero games (havent even olayed them really).

I can happily say I've gotten full completion on ZX and ZX Advent on hard though, so I'm not totally helpless...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Hmm... I've never beaten any of the original, X, or Zero games (havent even olayed them really).

I can happily say I've gotten full completion on ZX and ZX Advent on hard though, so I'm not totally helpless...

Go get 2, 3, 4, X1, and X2. Like yesterday.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I played the fuck out of some Chex Quest back when I was a young lad who was unable to afford any games myself. Legitimately excited for this run

I totally forgot that this game existed until this run! I used to play this a bunch too with friends! This is so exciting!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Very close to the cuphead goal! Less than 3k!

• Options
    goddamn that necrodancer Death Metal fight sure was a thing. what an amazingly impossible category

• Options
    haha dude on the couch getting a donation in, "I might not have a mic but you can't silence me". :lol:

• Options
    really looking forward to the next few runs. Dead Cells, Cuphead and Celeste are all great games and expect to see a lot of skill on display. bout to hit $750K too!

• Options
    It's funny how there's so few games left to run tonight, and it has everything to do with Wind Waker HD 100%.

I'm actually interested to see that one. 100% runs can be VERY interesting for optimization's sake, makes the out of order nature of things more apparent.

• Options
    i'd be more interested in the WW run if it wasn't starting at ~4am for me. will maybe throw the VOD on one day when i can't find anything else to watch.

• Options
    Yeah I really want to see that WWHD 100%, but I can also completely understand why it’s an overnight run

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Holy heck TMR makes all S and P ranks on Cuphead look easy.

• Options
    talking about making things look easy i am already in awe at this Celeste run.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    ORB

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    ORB
    The runner not understanding what's happening is my favorite part of this.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    CLOUD

• Options
    Sucks to be my students, because that was captivating. I did not grade their quizzes.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I just saw a host walk out but missed why. What happen!