As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Welcome to [chat]! Read the OP

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    so i've basically spent all of yesterday and today at work just chatting with new girl

just like

non-stop all day

Aren’t you married?

i am not

you did meet my at-the-time fiancée but that didn't end up working out

Aha okay glad I wasn’t completely misremembering

She introduced herself as “the lady chanita” and it was loud in the restaurant and it took me like five minutes to understand what she was talking about

Anyways I’m sorry it didn’t work out but it sounds like you are having no troubles!

Wait till he tells you about how he's a C-suite now

well, near-C

like, .99C, or closer/farther away. Give us an idea how fast we are talking here?

i guess i'll find out monday

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Speaking of lazy bums leeching off their parent's hard work

What's a good birthday gift for the six year old nephew who has everything? :P

The party is Pokemon themed so I'm already leaning in that direction, but sometimes I like my gifts to be educational instead!

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Yeah I might be too lazy for churn. So much shit on autopay.

My process is
    -get a new card
    -set up auto pay
    -after 2-3 months, the sign-on bonus hits
    -every 6 months or so, get a new card and cancel the oldest one

I think I have ~3 open at a time, give or take.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

The party is Pokemon themed so I'm already leaning in that direction, but sometimes I like my gifts to be educational instead!

my 5yo niece goes apeshit for puzzles

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Wait...

Chipax?

It's when you lash a large Dorito to a stick and sharpen it to a cutting edge

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

Get him a book

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    BSoB wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    i don't think i have any subordinates anymore

i'm still not entirely clear what my job is now

though i guess i'll find out monday when they ship me up to sunny north jersey

ur new job is: be a cow

i could be pretty good at that i think

what's it pay and what are the hours

No pay and the hours are long. But someone hooks a machine up to your nipples every day.

Also the retirement package is... Not good.

hmm

definitely retirement package is currently not good so

How are your nipples feeling?

He said he’s going to jersey tomorrow

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    so i've basically spent all of yesterday and today at work just chatting with new girl

just like

non-stop all day

Aren’t you married?

i am not

you did meet my at-the-time fiancée but that didn't end up working out

Aha okay glad I wasn’t completely misremembering

She introduced herself as “the lady chanita” and it was loud in the restaurant and it took me like five minutes to understand what she was talking about

Anyways I’m sorry it didn’t work out but it sounds like you are having no troubles!

Wait till he tells you about how he's a C-suite now

well, near-C

like, .99C, or closer/farther away. Give us an idea how fast we are talking here?

That's already very fast

Like neutrino fast

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Didn't sleep last night out of stupidity, definitely dying today.

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Wait...

Chipax?

It's when you lash a large Dorito to a stick and sharpen it to a cutting edge

having slashed gums on doritos that turned up sideways before this isn't even as crazy as it sounds

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »

My process is
    -get a new card
    -set up auto pay

Does this not wreck your credit? How does that work when points are all silo'd between holders?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Get him a pokemon anatomy book. Never too early to learn Cubone kills its mother to wear its skull.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    just get the sapphire reserve
    it's w
    if you want to be lazy there's also this: https://thewirecutter.com/money/credit-cards/

churning credit cards is too much work and i am lazy

i spend enough on dining and travel that i just got the sapphire reserve when it had the 100k sign on bonus (after previously having the preferred) and just use that

i have like 360k points
    and have been using points for my last few trips too

450 annual fee wut

$300 annual travel credit, aka any money you spend on any travel (train, bus, plane, lyfts, hotels, etc) gets reimbursed for 300

so it's really $150

i had a 100k point sign on bonus which was worth at least $1500
    i think now the sign on bonus is down to 50k so only worth $750+

3x points on travel and eating out that latter of which i do a lot

also reimburses the global entry fee, which is $100, which i just used again this year since i had to renew mine

get priority pass lounge access

also helpful since i don't own a car thus don't have car insurance so i get rental insurance

poo
  • Options
    Winky wrote: »

as your attorney i would advise you to not die

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I've had trouble sleeping the last few nights. I blame New Years

• Options

Dude HAS previously loved puzzles

Maybe something more complex than the previous ones he has encountered

And, bonus, can probably find a pokemon themed one!

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i forgot how to work and also what my job is

poo
  • Options
    credeiki wrote: »

Get him a book

He got a couple books from me for Christmas, so I can guilt-free get him something more toy-like for his birthday :)

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Our cats sensed that winter break was over and decided to wake me up at 2:30am today, the first day back to school.

It's been tremendously helpful.

• Options

It's ok, he's already paid his retainer

oh nice

carry on

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Get him a pokemon anatomy book. Never too early to learn Cubone kills its mother to wear its skull.

Hilariously, my mom got him something very close to this (a long with throwable Pokeballs!) for Christmas :D

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

My process is
    -get a new card
    -set up auto pay

Does this not wreck your credit? How does that work when points are all silo'd between holders?

I checked last week and my score was 777.

The siloing is a factor, but not as much as one might think. I have some Delta points I'll likely never use, but signing up for the card got me a free flight anyway. I have some American miles I use about once a year. My Barclay card is good for a straight statement credit, so when that's done I can walk away entirely. Southwest points are redeemable for Amazon, which isn't great but it's an out if I realize I'll never fly Southwest.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

welcome to getting old

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    People get really into it. My old boss would take his family on a week-long trip to Europe every year and brag about spending like $200.

He had multiple spreadsheets and reminders set up and was doing real-deal manufactured spending, though, which is a full side hustle at that point.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    As a Jersey Hill person i take offense to that

• Options

Dude HAS previously loved puzzles

Maybe something more complex than the previous ones he has encountered

And, bonus, can probably find a pokemon themed one!

Make him a pokemon themed scavenger hunt. As a bonus, he'll have to learn how to read to decipher the clues.

Ooh, that'd be fun too!

He's starting to do some reading now, and -heartwarming story ahead- every Christmas Eve we have a tradition of reading "The Night Before Christmas" as a family, passing the book along, each of us reading a page at a time

And this year he tried his best to read his own pages for us <3

• Options
    I would never do the TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry for ethical reasons but I don't begrudge anyone who does, especially if they're of a group that has a high chance of being selected for 'random' screening every time they travel

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Kinetic sand

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    or an airhorn

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I cash out my paltry cash back chase card sums immediately and they seem like drops in the bucket idk

desc on
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    i forgot how to work and also what my job is

I spent all of yesterday in meetings and now I’m being forced to code

Wahhhh

I mean i’m sort of enjoying it but also I am tired

I ate a Ritter sport chocolate bar after sushi lunch cause the agency is very well-provided with foreign dessert foods but also that means I can at any point spend $4 on a chocolate bar and absolutely will

I did get 8 hours of sleep yesterday but I am still recovering from a big sleep and calorie deficit and am ready to go home now

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Also per tradition with my SOs, Ladyfish is absolutely enamored with my nephew and probably likes him more than she likes me :P

Like taking a puppy to the park, that boy

Babe magnet!

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    I would never do the TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry for ethical reasons but I don't begrudge anyone who does, especially if they're of a group that has a high chance of being selected for 'random' screening every time they travel

It's an excellent product, absolutely worth the money

The boycott aspect is v reasonable. It's preposterous that we're not all automatically pre check

sig.gif
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

I should actually go do these.

The fact is I already had the background check done for my job. Just have to pay the fee.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I try to forget about my cash back and then every once in a while I remember and then there's $200 i didn't know I had. That's a nice feeling, until it gets swallowed whole by paying off the credit card again right after.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

My process is
    -get a new card
    -set up auto pay

This sounds complicated

• Options
    Mortious wrote: »
    or an airhorn

He got this laser tag game from his Aunt and it's the loudest thing in the world and he and I played with it for like 3 hours straight :D

• Options
    desc wrote: »

My process is
    -get a new card
    -set up auto pay

This sounds complicated

It's like Starcraft but slower and no one calls you a racial slur when you complete a cycle

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

Mental Health Junk:
    I ended up talking to God. She was very cute and funny and I miss her, but she was non-stop soul-crushingly brutal to me for most of the night until I solved her God riddle (I guess to teach me a lesson?).

Hallucinations are a lot less scary when you think of them as dreams that just happened to occur while you were awake. They're always really harsh, though. Some of the mockery and criticisms were actually really surprising and on-point though, and made me worry why I don't seem to have access to this level of self-criticism normally (maybe I'm usually blocking it out as an emotional defense mechanism or something?). It made me think for sure.

• Options
    if i get it someone else take it

This discussion has been closed.