As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Important [chat]stinctions

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    @SummaryJudgment

Also: Stars, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Tegan and Sara, Shiny Toy Guns, and the Naked and Famous

Thanks! By way of dialing in a bit more, I really enjoy Paramore and Flyleaf

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Sometimes I wonder if people will ever understand that "I don't like it" is not a valid criticism of free company branded merchandise. I don't give a shit if you don't like it Stu, you wear sweatpants to work every day.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder if people will ever understand that "I don't like it" is not a valid criticism of free company branded merchandise. I don't give a shit if you don't like it Stu, you wear sweatpants to work every day.

My work gave out these like nike polo shirts that were company branded and some people shit on people who wear them, but man alive they are a comfortable shirt. Like yeah I look like an upper class best buy employee, but man these things are soft, and I don't like have sweat issues, they are great.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I mean it’s valid as a form of general bitching, but it’s not going to get you out of it. “It’s in my contract that I can wear sweatpants and tracksuits to work” is a valid and strong criticism.

zepherin on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    why am I not eating canolis

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Fucking Stu, I swear to god

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    @SummaryJudgment

Also: Stars, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Tegan and Sara, Shiny Toy Guns, and the Naked and Famous

Thanks! By way of dialing in a bit more, I really enjoy Paramore and Flyleaf

Hmm, Ryn Weaver, Matt and Kim, The Ting Tings, Betty Who, Marina and the Diamonds, Robyn

I...listen to a lot of music

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    why am I not eating canolis

Life is suffering

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    cryptofascist seems like either a no true scotsman or maybe even a loaded question like "when did you stop beating your wife?"

If you engage with the idea that someone is calling you that there's a good chance they're crazy and you should disregard anything they say anyways. You'll never come out looking good because it's essentially a Dale Gribble pocket sand move.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Preacher wrote: »

My work gave out these like nike polo shirts that were company branded and some people shit on people who wear them, but man alive they are a comfortable shirt. Like yeah I look like an upper class best buy employee, but man these things are soft, and I don't like have sweat issues, they are great.
    5 of my favorite shirts were given to me by work. Another shirt (the Fortnite Loot Llama shirt) that is one of my favorites was acquired when a work event put me next to the Epic Fortnite booth:
    br35k0nh2gyx.jpeg

Yeah, it's gauche to wear Corporatopia's robes in public, but damn, they are comfortable.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    now I don't know anything about IT

but would it not be useful to name a PC by room number
    Preacher cyptofacist implies you're secret about it

Maybe I'm so open about it so that it disguises my cryptofascist nature (It is at this point I should admit I have no idea what a crypto fascist is).

A secret fascist.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I will never, ever wear or use anything branded by my employer unless I am explicitly required to for my job

And if I am explicitly required to, you bet that I am going to loudly and persistently bitch about it unless it's literally the highest quality possible for the item in question

If you're going to make me wear a company button down, it better be a Brooks Brothers or Armoury tier.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    I hate the anarchiat nerds that call themselves cryptoanarchists because they're so into cryptography and shit

No! That's not what that means!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    We got a new lady working in corporate communications (the dept that does our merch) and her taste is impeccable. Our company apparel store saw costs of everything like, triple, and it’s all really slim cut, pretty colors, high quality. Our one yearly free piece of merch is something I actually look forward to now.

The mugs they gave out this christmas were excellent. Really handsome, simple white outside, red inside, nice finish, microwaveable without getting hot.

She sneakily changed the logo from computer yellow to goldenrod against explicit branding guidelines, which is also something I do in all my GUI themes, so we are also kindred spirits.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    bowen wrote: »
    cryptofascist seems like either a no true scotsman or maybe even a loaded question like "when did you stop beating your wife?"

If you engage with the idea that someone is calling you that there's a good chance they're crazy and you should disregard anything they say anyways. You'll never come out looking good because it's essentially a Dale Gribble pocket sand move.

okay (((bowen)))

Winky on
  • Options
    Ok so secret fascist, but shit lord what's that one mean? Am I a lord of shit, or do I lord over shit? Like I'm old help me young people.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »
    I will never, ever wear or use anything branded by my employer unless I am explicitly required to for my job

And if I am explicitly required to, you bet that I am going to loudly and persistently bitch about it unless it's literally the highest quality possible for the item in question

If you're going to make me wear a company button down, it better be a Brooks Brothers or Armoury tier.

It's more like, "I don't like that style of shirt, and could we make it black instead of our brand color?"

I like to ART
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

5 of my favorite shirts were given to me by work. Another shirt (the Fortnite Loot Llama shirt) that is one of my favorites was acquired when a work event put me next to the Epic Fortnite booth:
    x

Yeah, it's gauche to wear Corporatopia's robes in public, but damn, they are comfortable.

LadyJubs still wears hers/mine/but really hers.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

Fucking Stu, I swear to god

Stu why are you making pudding at 4am

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options

okay (((bowen)))

I am so deep state I am neck deep in poo

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

okay (((bowen)))

Pretty sure Bowen isn't jewish. I mean he maybe crypto jewish, but I don't think he is.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

It's more like, "I don't like that style of shirt, and could we make it black instead of our brand color?"

I think I hate your company

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I use the tshirts work hands out as a trojan horse for days where I don't feel like trying

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Okay I made a PR time to be useless for the rest of the day

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

My favorite thing to do is walk around smoking weed in the jackets of companies that fired me.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    My resume got a thumbs up?

What the fuck does that mean?

How about an interview?

I think it means they're gonna run it up the flagpole and see who salutes

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Computer yellow is hideous! Everyone with any taste makes it goldenrod or puts it into a 3D render where they can adjust it to approximately goldenrod using lighting and shading. How can I get our company color updated...

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

I wear company branded clothing every day

:rotate:

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    We got a new lady working in corporate communications (the dept that does our merch) and her taste is impeccable. Our company apparel store saw costs of everything like, triple, and it’s all really slim cut, pretty colors, high quality. Our one yearly free piece of merch is something I actually look forward to now.

The mugs they gave out this christmas were excellent. Really handsome, simple white outside, red inside, nice finish, microwaveable without getting hot.

She sneakily changed the logo from computer yellow to goldenrod against explicit branding guidelines, which is also something I do in all my GUI themes, so we are also kindred spirits.
    Sometimes we get tumblers or mugs. One time, back in 2015, we had a Summer of Love-themed party, and there was a free cup for it:
    chas77d8earz.jpg

There was just one problem. The image didn't smoothly wrap around it, so you got this:
    4tx931elak4s.jpg

Yup. A Pee Cup. I still have mine.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Computer yellow is hideous! Everyone with any taste makes it goldenrod or puts it into a 3D render where they can adjust it to approximately goldenrod using lighting and shading. How can I get our company color updated...

Do you have an in house art department? Mention it to them, they're probably dying to change it.

Or they should be fired.

Computer yellow is never acceptable.

I like to ART
  • Options

I'm sorry to hear that

Hopefully some day we'll overthrow this capitalist hell

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

File a work place safety complaint

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

I'm sorry to hear that

Hopefully some day we'll overthrow this capitalist hell

I work for a men's fashion company

• Options
    edited January 2019

it's only a fun term when it's post-war thrillers about secret nazi conspiracies

EDIT: or when playing Secret Hitler but then again there it's just a basic description of the game

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I've been fortunate in that I haven't had to wear a uniform for a job since highschool, where having a work-provided shirt that I didn't care wound up smelling like gas fumes was good.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

it's only a fun term when it's post-war thrillers about secret nazi conspiracies

yeah I'm okay with that

• Options
    Still waiting on that shit lord definition. Come on chat jump threw my hoops!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    The EchoCorp hoodies we have are so damn comfy.

• Options
    I wear company branded clothing every day too

it's also all high viz yellow because I am a proletarian

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I'm a crypto-something but I'm so crypto that not even I know what I secretly am

This discussion has been closed.