Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PAX West date guesses

IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
So Wyrmwood just released their convention schedule https://wyrmwoodgaming.com/about-us/convention-schedule-2018/

And they have two cons taking place when Pax usually does (if I'm reading this right.)

But they confirm that they will be at West with TBA. Could it mean a mid-Sept date?

Apologies if it's early but I got kinda excited for new info.

bacon_avenger

• bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    So Wyrmwood just released their convention schedule https://wyrmwoodgaming.com/about-us/convention-schedule-2018/

And they have two cons taking place when Pax usually does (if I'm reading this right.)

But they confirm that they will be at West with TBA. Could it mean a mid-Sept date?

Apologies if it's early but I got kinda excited for new info.

And it's definitely something new. The idea of it happening in September is pretty wild IMO. This should be interesting to keep an eye on.

PAX Prim..err, West 2019 Checklist:[X]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Badges [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    (Holy crap, it's been 7 years, planning on 8 next)
    wcn5c8r1la7v.png
  • smayxsmayx Registered User new member
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited January 11
    Normally, PAX West is on Labor Day weekend except every four year when it's bumped by some other event with a prior registration at the convention center. 2007, 2011, and 2015. Going by that pattern, 2019 wouldn't be on Labor Day.

However, if you look at the booked events at the WSCC there is a conspicuous gap on Labor Day. PAX requires time (supposedly a whole week) both before and after the event for setup and teardown. Another method to tell when PAX will be is look for hotel bookings. The Sheraton is showing sold out for Labor Day weekend, but not any of the other weekends in September. This is because blocks of rooms are reserved to be released when badges go on sale.
    nn6e4sc5ygqy.png

YoungFrey on