As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Resident Evil 2]: Suffer like G did?

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Leon A finally done. that was a really good ending, on to Claire B woo

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Finished Claire A on Assist difficulty.

I ended the game with WAY more ammo than I ended up needing. I didn't even use the high-power pistol ammo or Claire's special weapon, 'cuz I kept thinking there would be a bigger boss to save it for. Ended up getting a B rank.

Now to do Leon B!

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Questions (Claire A, just finished the sewers)
    what's this high powered pistol ammo best for? Bosses? I have like 20 total rounds for it right now, should I hoard it or what

What the hell is the use case for the Spark Shot?

• Options
    I see I asked basically the exact same questions Stilts did, hours later

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    what's this high powered pistol ammo best for? Bosses? I have like 20 total rounds for it right now, should I hoard it or what

If you've gotten both upgrades for her starting weapon you can turn it into a magnum with those rounds. The Sparkshot can be used to fry plant people so they can't come back, but Flame Rounds do the same job. If you charge it to full you can one shot a licker with it, or use it on a zombie you don't want to spend other ammo on. It does a lot of damage fully charged to the exposed "heart" of an upcoming boss. It'll kneel and expose a weak spot on its chest, the sparkshot is great for zapping that weak spot when its exposed and he's vulnerable like that, but useless on him otherwise.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Okay i guess someone finally went and actually put in the dmx mod for the remake

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I want a mod that makes Mr X into a chicken.

Juat a normal sized chicken but with all the Mr.X sound effects

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Id like to see a mod that just lets you select custom Mr. X tracks, Wake Me Up Before You Go Go, Stuck In The Middle With You, something by Andrew W.K., so forth

• Options
    Viskod wrote: »

If you've gotten both upgrades for her starting weapon you can turn it into a magnum with those rounds. The Sparkshot can be used to fry plant people so they can't come back, but Flame Rounds do the same job. If you charge it to full you can one shot a licker with it, or use it on a zombie you don't want to spend other ammo on. It does a lot of damage fully charged to the exposed "heart" of an upcoming boss. It'll kneel and expose a weak spot on its chest, the sparkshot is great for zapping that weak spot when its exposed and he's vulnerable like that, but useless on him otherwise.
    I have the upgrades for the starting handgun. I like that the new ammo just blows those heads right up but I can't help feeling like I'm wasting those shots on small fry

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Viskod wrote: »

I have the upgrades for the starting handgun. I like that the new ammo just blows those heads right up but I can't help feeling like I'm wasting those shots on small fry
    The high-powered rounds are good for Lickers and G-Adults, and a late-game (but not final) boss. As Claire, you actually want as many SMG rounds as possible, since the way the last boss takes damage is a bit different than usual.

Killing regular zombos is also fine in annoying situations, just don't miss if you're going for the headshot.

Javen on
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    On my Claire B run i actually went through over 800 SMG Rounds on G4 probably my fault because i foolishly sprayed bullets all over him when he was facing away and climbing but apparently that fight is "Shoot the eyes only."

• Options
    Zunde wrote: »
    On my Claire B run i actually went through over 800 SMG Rounds on G4 probably my fault because i foolishly sprayed bullets all over him when he was facing away and climbing but apparently that fight is "Shoot the eyes only."

From what I understand, damage on that fight is definitely different from the others
    If the boss has 10k hp, and shooting him anywhere other than the eyes does 0 damage. Popping an eye deals 100 damage to the boss, so you need to pop 100 eyes to kill him (these are arbitrary numbers.) So ideally, something that pops multiple eyes at once (splash damage weapons, grenades especially, work great) is preferable, but weapons that do a huge amount of damage on a single point (sparkshot, high-powered rounds) are useless, since you're only going to pop one eye that way, and overkill damage on the eyes are useless. SMG/Minigun is good since you can spray all over his chest to pop a higher number of eyes per clip.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »

If you can get up on his side when he starts climbing the wall and still aim at the eyes you can knock him off of the wall and get a Trophy/Achievement for it.

• Options
  • Options
    Struggling through Leon B, I must say I find it highly implausible that a police chief, even a murder crazed police chief unshackled by a zombie apocalypse, would refer to police officers as "pigs", highly unverisimilitudinous

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    He seems to refer to all humans as pigs.

He refers to a bunch of cats taped together as cows.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options

He refers to a bunch of cats taped together as cows.

Now this? This I like

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Oof, I fudged my Leon A hc attempt all kinds of ways, culminating in me forgetting to pick up the electric part after the clockwork puzzle. Back to the G1 save it is. Maybe I should have done a Leon standard run to re-familiarize myself with his route...

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    and that's Claire A done!

Claire is so good.
    at the start of that G phase 3 fight where she's like "oh YOUR ass again?" and just hops right down into the arena and is like "I'll fucking handle this, step back"

phase 4 is also pretty short work with that minigun, though I ran out and had to finish him with one (1) grenade

you know, weapons that a normal American college student would obviously be comfortable with!

I think I'm gonna take a break before doing Leon B

• Options
    I'm only like 20 minutes into Claire B but it's pretty insane how much better Claire's dialog and voice acting is

She's sooooooo goooood

• Options
    A thing that I "discovered" during Claire A is that if you go down the poop chute a second(?) time, she goes "oh, fuck this!"

She is the best

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    edited February 2019
    el_vicio wrote: »
    A thing that I "discovered" during Claire A is that if you go down the poop chute a second(?) time, she goes "oh, fuck this!"

She is the best

She is very unhappy about being in the the sewers

King Riptor on
  • Options
    If only Claire’s weapons weren’t always worse than the version Leon gets.

• Options
    I can't imagine I'll like that shotgun more than the grenade launcher

• Options
    It's really good at poppin' zombies heads, but yeah, I'm pro grenade launcher

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    If only Claire’s weapons weren’t always worse than the version Leon gets.

Actually shes had way worse. The Bowgun being a notable example. A weapon that does almost nothing unless you have special ammo.

The grenade launcher and Submachine gun are honestly really good if requiring a bit of thought.

• Options
    I didn't use the SMG much until I got the two upgrades for it and then it was actually pretty reliable

I'm reading some stuff about Leon 2nd run and I have no idea what the weapon balance is like. Does the M19 do more damage? Should I plan on using gunpowder to make Matilda ammo or just stash it and focus on shells or Magnum rounds?

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular

He’s not a man he’s a chicken boo

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    The shotgun is great because it’s effective against pretty much every enemy type, and also all of Leon’s bosses, and you don’t need to reload with every single shot. His pistol is better (at least in the A run) and the flamethrower beats the terrible sparkshot easily. The SMG is good when it’s good, but I never found myself using it outside of boss fights.

Javen on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular

Those figures are valuable but I think that one goes for about half that on Ebay

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options

Those figures are valuable but I think that one goes for about half that on Ebay

I mean even at the time it came out I wouldnt have paid retail for something that fugly.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    The slightly different placement of the poop monsters in Leon's campaign is messing me up, I can't figure out how to get past them on the way to the two plugs without getting grabbed -.-

And I hope the detour to get the magnum won't bite me in the ass, timewise

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I didn't use the SMG much until I got the two upgrades for it and then it was actually pretty reliable

I'm reading some stuff about Leon 2nd run and I have no idea what the weapon balance is like. Does the M19 do more damage? Should I plan on using gunpowder to make Matilda ammo or just stash it and focus on shells or Magnum rounds?

The gun you get in second run can't b upgraded but doesn't need to be, it's just very good and also much stronger

I'm personally aiming to use all my ammo for shotguns and magnum rounds, though I guess I could make a lot of pistol ammo for the G1 fight

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Claire's revolver is pretty fun but she fans it so accidental ammo consumption is an issue

• Options
    her revolver seems good, maybe only fractionally weaker than the shotgun with the added disadvantage of having to aim

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    her revolver seems good, maybe only fractionally weaker than the shotgun with the added disadvantage of having to aim

It's really so good the pistol you get later is just pointless. Even with 24 bullets its far weaker

• Options
    Man that gangster stance with the M19 is real dumb

• Options
    Man that gangster stance with the M19 is real dumb

It s a callback to the original
    It was also dumb then but it was the 90s

• Options
    Leon A hardcore S+ achieved!

Man, that final fight was tense as hell

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular

Hissing, hackles lifting, the chicken’s head rose. Kahlan pulled back. Its claws digging into stiff dead flesh, the chicken slowly turned to face her. It cocked its head, making its comb flop, its wattles sway. “Shoo,” Kahlan heard herself whisper. There wasn’t enough light, and besides, the side of its beak was covered with gore, so she couldn’t tell if it had the dark spot, But she didn’t need to see it. “Dear spirits, help me,” she prayed under her breath. The bird let out a slow chicken cackle. It sounded like a chicken, but in her heart she knew it wasn’t. In that instant, she completely understood the concept of a chicken that was not a chicken. This looked like a chicken, like most of the Mud People’s chickens. But this was no chicken. This was evil manifest.