Options

[Anthem], available now!

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Xbone

Cool, we should try to play this together, I'm not too far in.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    IF IT EVER SHOWS UP.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    (I have had a shit day and this is the cherry on the shit sundae)

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    So here's a fun little thing.

I played a tiny amount yesterday and decided the dude's voice was kinda annoying and face options sucked so I restarted as a lady, and even though it starts the game over completely level-wise for you it locks your new character into whatever javelin you selected on the first one. I was gonna pick storm again anyway but for families planning to hand off on the same account - hope you like whatever the first person picked!

I know you unlock the others quickly but it's still pretty hilarious.

Edit: hmm, faction progress and crafting materials might be carrying over though. Gear doesn't. Weird.

rhylith on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    If it makes you feel better Blake it turns out the way Best Buy’s preorder system works is to fucking double bill you then cancel one of the charges.

So I have the game but have currently paid way too much money.

Also, who got this on PS4 and wants to play with my dumbass tonight?

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    My copy is downloading hehehehehehehehehe

• Options
    I contacted Amazon last night and complained. They said they refunded my money, but my orders still say the game is still out for delivery. I dunno if I should buy it at one of those fancy stores with walls or wait and see if it ever actually shows up.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    i found this tips guide on Kotaku:
    https://kotaku.com/tips-for-playing-anthem-1832821302

Most importantly it explains how the combo system works. Abilities can be either a primer (denoted by a white dot in a circle) or a detonator (denoted by a explosion or four point star). You want to setup with a primer and finish with a detonator. Each class has a different combo effect that happens when they combo.

There’s also a chart of damage types, combo piece and combo effects.

0el462lhxah21.jpg

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    More info on what's coming in Act 1

https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/acts

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Blake T wrote: »
    I contacted Amazon last night and complained. They said they refunded my money, but my orders still say the game is still out for delivery. I dunno if I should buy it at one of those fancy stores with walls or wait and see if it ever actually shows up.

buy it from a store and if the amazon copy shows up return the sealed amazon copy to the store you bought it from

• Options
    I thought about doing this, but I feel this is also a dick move to do.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I like how they made the boring javelin that nobody wants to play also the secret most important one because it's the one that can detonate combos for large single target damage.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I like how they made the boring javelin that nobody wants to play also the secret most important one because it's the one that can detonate combos for large single target damage.

I really like the ranger. Not only does it have really good single target combo damage, but its charge up shot is a shield killer. When I see one of those storm boy npc jerks I'm like duck hunting.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    All of the javelins are very good, but if you're playing an Interceptor you absolutely must use acid to maximize your potential.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I picked this up on PS4 and it seems good! I'm not very deep, and even early on, it's clear they have more work to do, but the core of it seems solid

• Options
    I just want my best weapon to not be a Marksman rifle because the game does not support the level of precision to make that weapon feel good to shoot

• Options
    So has anyone had an experience with Colossus where occasionally you just seem to get stuck in place for no reason?

• Options
    So has anyone had an experience with Colossus where occasionally you just seem to get stuck in place for no reason?

Stuck how? Sometimes I've been frozen where I don't see the freeze, but I have the effect/frozen effect.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

I had this happen a little with my javelins and it was a latency issue.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Also all of a sudden if I empty out the clip on my rifle, it reloads to -3 bullets, then stops and reloads again and it is suuuuuper frustrating

EDIT: Actually this may be the Marksman rifle ammo component I have equipped causing trouble

Maddoc on
  • Options
    I was enjoying my thick boy playing early today, I even found myself enjoying the various mini guns, the only problem I really had was your mini gun slaughter can be interrupted by certain enemy attacks. Like Titans specifically with their infinite fire bombs seem to interrupt all my t2 reenactment attacks.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I thought Colossus was going to be my go-to but so far I'm not loving how it feels. Maybe I just need to get some more Colossus specific weapons though.

• Options
    I thought Colossus was going to be my go-to but so far I'm not loving how it feels. Maybe I just need to get some more Colossus specific weapons though.

There a couple things you want to really have some fun with it at least according to me. You want the fire line shell (I forget what its called but it literally fires a mortar shell that does a huge line of fire on impact, its great for area control), you want the siege cannon or rail gun for the other slot (I think its siege cannon basically a non charged aoe shot, the rail gun you charge up to fire, both are detonators so combined with your fire line you can blow enemies up easy).

And you definitely want the colossus component that gives you 300% shield damage when charging, basically with those other two abilities lets you bowl through enemies, drop a fire line to seperate them and then single/aoe the rest. And that's just one build a lot of people swear by the flame thrower electricity combo.

There is also a sticky burst firing grenade launcher I absolutely loved.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    The fact that, aside from its active shield, the Colossus has no shields of its own feels like a HUGE bummer, coming from Ranger where I could always duck behind something to let my shield regenerate if I was taking heat

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    the story might be kinda dumb but I am honestly digging the game's weird commitment to physical comedy happening in its big long cutscenes.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Okay, got the fire wall launcher and yeah, Colossus is suddenly fun

• Options
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I've been playing as the Storm, and that seems pretty fun so far? It's nice to just set up my own combos

• Options
    Firewall means I can set down a huge field of fire to prime things, then run into that fire and shield bash things to make everything explode

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I have discovered the Devastator sniper rifle.

• Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular

Ahh, you've met the Turret Removal Tool

kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    Azraith wrote: »

Ahh, you've met the Turret Removal Tool
    I figured I'd have to wait for the SCRAM rails and HE ammo but they just gave it to me already.

• Options
    Guys at the moment I am being told my network settings are incorrect and I can't enable voice chat (it used to work) does anyone know the arcane ritual I need to perform to get it going again?

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    There's the official troubleshooter

And the top google search brought up a list of things to try
    Solution 1 – Check if your NAT is set to Open.
    Solution 2 – Turn on Energy-saving mode.
    Solution 3 – Turn off your console and unplug the power cable.
    Solution 4 – Change your privacy settings and clear Persistent storage.
    Solution 5 – Try restarting your modem.

• Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    Please put down your weapon. You have 20 seconds to comply.
    l08071c8rvex.jpg

kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    I keep wanting to hit triangle to change weapons and I'll probably never get over it

It doesn't help that holding square to switch feels bad

• Options
    that you need to hold it to interact with stuff is not helping either.

keep having situations where I end up using the wrong weapon.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I think this is probably unfair to Anthem - I’m probably just getting tired of this genre - but the intro left a bad taste in my mouth regarding narrative maturity? Like it just seems like same overwrought, puerile drek that accompanies so many of these games. Like Destiny.

Does the story get good? I do like the gameplay thus far.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    games reviewers say no, people who are super mad at games reviewers say yes and also it STARTS good how dare you

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I mean honestly I thought it was serviceable for what it is and I haven't had the strong reaction that some people have had either way.

That said it's one of those subjective things that changes depending on what you're looking for.

But if you felt strongly enough to find it "puerile drek" I don't know if that'll change.

Like it does more to set a stage than games like Destiny but it is still very much a plot in service to the game's genre.

Dragkonias on