As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Apex Legends] Battle Royale from the makers of Titanfall. High OCTANE gameplay!

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I find myself wishing that I could shoot down/destroy incoming supply drops to deny the temptation to my teammates. I'm tired of having promising runs end because my squad mates are unable to restrain themselves from abandoning cover to run into no-man's land to try and loot something from an object that has drawn the attention of every surviving enemy.

I have literally never died taking a supply drop, and have rarely even been beaten to them.

Going for supply drops is fine for 90% of the game. It's just those last few supply drops when the circle is closing tiny and the game is down to 4-3 squads where there are problems. Every single time that my squad has moved towards those has resulted in us getting pinched from multiple sides.

At that point in the game we already have tricked out guns, full armor, and tons of meds. The opposition is likely to be cream of the match's crop, and their location is unknown but somewhere within 200 meters at most. An absolutely wonderful time to abandon cover and run into the middle of an empty field. Top notch risk/reward right there.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I mean, the other supply drop thing I do now is if I have PUG teammate who isn't communicating and we go there, I resign myself to not getting the loot. I take up overwatch instead, wait till they've grabbed, then check what's left.

More of this gameplay needs that. Sometimes recognize that it's better to have the blue loot and provide overwatch while your partner gets the purps, because a living partner is worth more than the upgrade.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Don't know if this was pointed out already but you can bunny hop while healing. I think it might be a tiny bit helpful.

Holy crap, is my UT and Quake experience of old about to come back into play!?

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Don't know if this was pointed out already but you can bunny hop while healing. I think it might be a tiny bit helpful.

All we need is wall jump back.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Supply drops are honestly fairly safe. But they also can be an opportunity to ambush another team who tries to approach them, which is worth it in its own right. If you wait a little while before approaching it, odds are other teams aren't going to come for it later because they'll assume it's too late.

• Options

I'm reluctant to even share this video, but watch it if you want to see some wild shit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxSmRqIxaHw

• Options
    GlyphGryphGlyphGryph Registered User regular
    Just had a fun match. Both team-mates went down in the first 10 seconds, I ran around madly looking for a gun, didn't find one but swung by their corpse boxes in time to grab their beacons... only to find out they'd both quit already. Ah well!

Ran around for like five minutes before finally finding a pistol, damaging some dudes with explosives and evading pursuit with bamboozles, and then finally, around 9 minutes in, I got a real gun!

Rushed to the final firefight, but got there too late and had to take on a full team, but still, a really weird but exciting second place finish. And Mirage talking to himself and talking ABOUT talking to himself the whole time was pretty entertaining.

• Options
    redundant_pairingredundant_pairing Registered User regular

more like Tribes really

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »

I'm reluctant to even share this video, but watch it if you want to see some wild shit:

I have to believe this guy is on PC. Some of those midair shots seem nearly impossible on a controller...

Doesn't mean I won't try tho

• Options

I have to believe this guy is on PC. Some of those midair shots seem nearly impossible on a controller...

For the most part you can do it well enough without the fancy strafing tricks, just hold forward and face the direction you want to swing. Just be sure to jump right after the grapple connects, and start sliding before you hit the ground.

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    That FOV looks way over the slider max. It looks like 120 or so. I'd guess some config editing and PC certainly.

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    I meant the shooting, not the grappling. I have a decent handle on how the grapple works, it's that he's aiming and hitting targets at high speeds.

• Options
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    That FOV looks way over the slider max. It looks like 120 or so. I'd guess some config editing and PC certainly.

I dunno, the slider goes up to 110.

• Options
    dispatch.o wrote: »

I dunno, the slider goes up to 110.

Here's that guys latest video, about uh, wall kicking?
    https://youtu.be/knfTmGGZmxQ

Anyways you can see he's using a KbaM, he has his inputs up on the screen

• Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    I'm actively getting worse.
    Still having fun but I'm finishing out of the top 10 all day :/

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I would very much like to play but unfortunately I am forever trapped on the opening screen.

• Options
    JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    Are the servers busted or something? I can't get three minutes into a game without one of my teammates dropping out.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Good lord. Bangalore + Digital Threat + Peacekeeper + Precision Choke..

Oof.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Thought I had it.

I've done all the troubleshooting I can think of and still here we are

tnitk29j83k4.png

I don't know if this is nVidia, Microsoft, EA, or Respawn who is responsible, but the game is unplayable in its current state for me. I'm done.

I switched off dual monitors, all overlays (nvidia and origin), switched off all ingame origin notifications, set the texture stream budget one lower than my VRAM (4GB budget, 6GB VRAM), put the Case cooler on highest, put the game on borderless windowed, installed the nvidia driver from yesterday, and try not to alt tab out of the game at all, additionally to the EAC service settings you gave me

I haven't had a crash in the past 20 or so games. I have no idea what of those did it, or if it's just a random fluke. Did you try all of those?

Also, today was awesome. Had like 5 wins with friends. It's amazing seeing your own banner in the arena!

Just a heads up, I did what I wrote here and haven't had a crash since wednesday.

The additional settings are disabling windows game mode, and setting the easy anti cheat service to auto restart, which I can explain in a PM if needed.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Is anyone else not seeing any in-game notifications of Origin friend messages? I have the overlay, but I don't see any messages unless I open it manually.

• Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Is anyone else not seeing any in-game notifications of Origin friend messages? I have the overlay, but I don't see any messages unless I open it manually.

I'm seeing this and I can't keep my steam account linked. I link it and then the very next time I load the game it's unlinked.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Another second place finish arrgghhhhhhhhh

I can't ever seem to close a game out. Our 3rd man crashed, but the two of us were holding the floating box above Thunderdome. There was one squad left and we saw them approaching, a full squad of 3. We lit them up some, they sent one dude up a zipline and we wrecked him, then both other dudes came up. We knocked one, they knocked my teammate. One vs one and I couldn't get the kill =/

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Le sigh

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I swear...Matches where I get 5+ kills my teammates go down like instantly in the top 3 then I'm stuck 1v6ing with like no chance.

But matches where I fucked up and barely manage 2 kills I get carried and we get Apex Champion.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I had a bunch of fun playing through like a dozen matches and doing just fine in all of them. Like, usually getting a few kills and some neat loot but also only placing like 5-10.

I like this game a lot! It's fun enough to just run around that I don't mind the matches where I lose almost instantly because the first four loot locations gave me a huge backpack and nine purple scopes.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    My Destiny Potato Crew pulled out our first win tonight, in great part courtesy of @moleface pulling off an exceptional Gibraltar Ult to wipe a squad. I also got to Level 23 and unlocked Mirage, who is a lot of fun; very satisfying to pull off a successful Bamboozle.

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    When I'm on a roll I can get like 4 kills. But so many people just seem to drop when they die I think which inevitably leads to 2v3 situations. Although sometimes I'm not sure if it's just people crashing.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    If I'm downed I'll wait a bit. If I see my own team looting my box, I tend to bounce. Especially if there's been zero communication.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    If I'm downed I'll wait a bit. If I see my own team looting my box, I tend to bounce. Especially if there's been zero communication.

Are people supposed to leave the box untouched for you to eventually come back to it? I don't think that's realistic, usually when we revive someone the team moves on and the person find new stuff.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Are people supposed to leave the box untouched for you to eventually come back to it? I don't think that's realistic, usually when we revive someone the team moves on and the person find new stuff.

Not at all, but there's a difference in priorities for me. If I'm geared and we just won the fight, I'm gonna make haste to get you back up so you can get geared and we can get in the next fight. I'm not gonna fuck off looting you first.

Or I'll say, "need ammo!" or "need armor!" before I run to the beacon.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular

Personally, I'm fine with teammates looting my box, unless we're right beside a spawn point, but if my team just farts around looting random locations and doesn't make headway towards a spawn point within a few minutes when there are no enemies I'll bounce

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options

I mean, it helps to ask, but that's why I much rather play in a preformed group than randoms. Earlier we had a game with a random who kept grabbing all the ammo out from under me. I pinged that I needed ammo, and he pinged back that he needed ammo. Sassy. We went on to win, but I'd much rather have a cooperative teammate than one who is selfish and doesn't listen. I'd rather lose and mesh well together as a team than all be Rambo doing our own thing.

Like if I secure a tag my priorities are heal if I have to, then immediately bring in my friendly ASAP rather than looting.

• Options
    That grapple video has already improved my movement game
    DistinctElasticBluefish-size_restricted.gif

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular

Makes me wish there was a fuck off mode and try stuff even more now

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Definitely feeling Bloodhound the most. Getting more 4 kills rounds than other characters.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Hm, messed around with hipfire in training to get a better picture of how it differs between weapons, and if I'm judging the different reticules correctly that might be a reason to pick the RE-45 over the Alternator. Looked like it had the best hipfire of anything short of a shotgun.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Unfortunately I had to bail on @Local H Jay and @Peen, but we got a solid win!

That's my first as a full pre-made squad.

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »
    Unfortunately I had to bail on Local H Jay and Peen, but we got a solid win!

That's my first as a full pre-made squad.
    Now you've got the dog badge!

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Just lost a match where we ended #2 where we found two care packages right next to eachother inside the final ring, and we got a Kraber and a Mastiff... and I still fucking fumbled it. Feel like such an idiot.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Just lost a match where we ended #2 where we found two care packages right next to eachother inside the final ring, and we got a Kraber and a Mastiff... and I still fucking fumbled it. Feel like such an idiot.
    I lost to a single Lifeline for the match with that loadout.