As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Giant Bomb] Lovitz or Leave It

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Also you gotta assume with Friends at the Table making **bank** on Patreon, Austin's got plenty of life options.

I'm nit sure it's a lot of money when you factor in sharing it with the other members of FATT, and taxes, and no included health insurance.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    never die wrote: »
    Huh, I wonder if Austin is writing a book/going to design his own RPG.

Also, the rest of Waypoint is absolutely going to crumble without Austin. Patrick absent Austin to bounce off of (even with Austin still on the podcast for now) will be somewhat insufferable. Neither Rob nor Cado have the personality to carry the brand forward.

edit: Also, I know this won't happen but I would absolutely fucking love to see Danielle land at Giantbomb. She's a super cool lady and I don't think has been given enough of a platform to shine yet.

I didn’t know I wanted this until you said it. I would love Danielle as a part of GBeast, and I think she would work pretty well with that crew.

If GBeast was looking at hiring someone new, I doubt they would have had Mike Mahardy become the unofficial sixth member of GBeast recently.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Austin leaving Vice Gaming after waypoint was dissolved?
    weird, who would have seen that coming.

SHOCKING I say.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I don't think Danielle makes any sense for Giant Bomb. She's a writer first and audio/video second.
    Also you gotta assume with Friends at the Table making **bank** on Patreon, Austin's got plenty of life options.

I'm nit sure it's a lot of money when you factor in sharing it with the other members of FATT, and taxes, and no included health insurance.

Yeah. There are a bunch of people on FATT and I believe for at least Ali it's her full-time job. Possibly Art as well. I think it's more likely that FATT is enough of a baseline to make the hustle of contracting and personal projects significantly less exhausting than a full-time office job.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »
    I don't think Danielle makes any sense for Giant Bomb. She's a writer first and audio/video second.

Yeah. There are a bunch of people on FATT and I believe for at least Ali it's her full-time job. Possibly Art as well. I think it's more likely that FATT is enough of a baseline to make the hustle of contracting and personal projects significantly less exhausting than a full-time office job.

Yeah, Austin expressly mentioned he's still doing paid work for Vice Gaming too (writing and podcasting). He's just not running it anymore.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular

Sure, but literally everybody at GB was a writer first outside of the production staff. I don't think I'd really call anybody at GB "on camera talent". They're just a bunch of people that play video games with a camera in their face 90% of the time.

I'm just basing my take on the times I've seen Danielle on things. She's always super composed, funny, and just fun in general. I really good mix for a GB personality.

• Options

Sure, but literally everybody at GB was a writer first outside of the production staff. I don't think I'd really call anybody at GB "on camera talent". They're just a bunch of people that play video games with a camera in their face 90% of the time.

I'm just basing my take on the times I've seen Danielle on things. She's always super composed, funny, and just fun in general. I really good mix for a GB personality.

Sorry -- I wasn't saying she'd be a bad fit for GB, I'm saying it would be a bad fit for her.

• Options
    Danielle is more of a podcast personality for me at this point; I've listened to her since like 2014 when she joined Idle Thumbs.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I’d rather they get Danika on West. She played of Jeff so damn well in the 3 or 4 streams they did

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Austin will be writing the New Day comic for Boom studios

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Now I want Danielle to join East and Danika to join West.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Rob can go write for Rock Paper Shotgun.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I’d rather they get Danika on West. She played of Jeff so damn well in the 3 or 4 streams they did

That farewell to Miiverse one that they did was a lot of fun.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I'd love to see Danika on east, her and Abby are great together, and Mary Kish on West. Also Xavier woods whenever he retires from wresting, he would be great on either coast, probably best on west though. At least more guest spots, as he's probably too famous to ever do GB full time.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Austin Creed and Austin Walker in Too Many Austins

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Maybe they can work Austin Eruption in there somewhere.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Move to Texas and start a show called 'live from Austin'

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Move to Texas Seduce him and start a show called 'live in Austin'

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Move to Texas and start a show called 'live from Austin'

Walker, Texas Podder

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Austin Creed and Austin Walker in Too Many Austins

Eh we already have two Jeffs.

• Options
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    The future is weird.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I feel like a line is being crossed here, but not really and this is funny, but really actually is.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Deepfakes are pretty wild and yeah there's definitely a conversation to be had about the ethics of it

This is hilarious tho

• Options
    The beginning of the most recent Beastcast with Drew is fascinating, and I have the same logistical questions Vinny had and wanted to know more.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    The beginning of the most recent Beastcast with Drew is fascinating, and I have the same logistical questions Vinny had and wanted to know more.
    Yeah, I love that stuff. Whenever I go to see something like Cirque du Soleil, I have to force myself to stop getting distracted by the stagecraft.

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »

Man, super happy for Alex but good lord sweet jesus in a cloud that is not any kind of music for me.

It just makes me super anxious.

• Options
    And yet I bet he finds it to be a healthy outlet for his own well documented anxiety issues.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Also this "Merry-oh" vs "Mahr-io" thing is so weird, because I'm NYC born and raised and now Jeff B has me questioning everything I've ever known

steam_sig.png

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Also this "Merry-oh" vs "Mahr-io" thing is so weird, because I'm NYC born and raised and now Jeff B has me questioning everything I've ever known

I'll be honest, I never noticed it until the crew started to point it out. edit: It's Mahrio of course.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    I honestly think I use them both.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Jeff Bakalars Merry-O had always been funny to me.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    I honestly think I use them both.

:(

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    As a name that anyone can have it can be pronounced any way.

As a name that the video game character Mario from Mario Bros. made by Nintendo has it's Mahrio and Bakalar constantly pronouncing it wrong is weird. A person's name only has one pronounciation and that's the way they pronounce it.

Aistan on
  • Options
    Except it's a Japanese character so it's actually Mar̃io with a rolled "r."

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    You guys and your pronounciation hate makes me sad

i like robits, sowards, and all the other ryan davisisms

yall =[

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I'm really hoping they'll talk about the evolution of running program files on PCs vs Macs, and mobile/consoles on B & W Made a Tech Pod.

You know, exzecuatable files.
    https://m.youtube.co/watch?v=pjV74Y2oB_4

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    Just saw an "Every Time They . . . " pop up in my YouTube feed and it was Everytime They Make A Bet in Steal My Sunshine. The video length is 53:43.

That is a craaaazy amount of editing! Saw one involving Abby and everytime she gets scared from the first season of Fright or Shite that was pretty good too.

• Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    You guys and your pronounciation hate makes me sad

That kind of stuff comes off as a hate crime of the ears to me.

Like I love Doughboy's and the Spoonman Mitch but that Papa John's episode where he kept saying " Puppa John's" had me screaming interally for a good portion of the episode.

This discussion has been closed.