Options

[chat] thread

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    To be honest, that film hit me way more than Watership Down when I was young.
    Dogs, man.

Watership Down for all its dark material has a happy ending.

But yes, Dogs man.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    @credeiki @Casual Eddy @Jacobkosh @Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud @cB557 @milski

7h9ol9ie7327.png

also i got the Wrath of Heaven, which is a weapon that fires Correspondence-inscribed rocks at enemies that can be remotely detonated

it's fuckin sweet

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Somehow it managed to snow all night to very little effect. Possibly due to the temperature remaining in the teens?

Anyway the drive hone was uneventful aside from occasionally not being able to see the edges of the road

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Alkylresorcinols.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Started snowing a day earlier then it was supposed to so i assume everyone has forgotten how to drive in it

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    good morning shoddy looking genies

genius loci thank you very much

*watches over his river*

Genii locorum.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Train schedule said my train was running 75 minutes late

My train arrived 3 minutes late.

:/

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    good morning shoddy looking genies

genius loci thank you very much

*watches over his river*

Genii locorum.

only if you're talking about more than one

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    @Orphane is there a Seeking style quest in Sunless Skies.

I need to drown myself in a spaceWell and bring about a Reckoning.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Train schedule said my train was running 75 minutes late

My train arrived 3 minutes late.

:/

rip

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Hm I am inspired to start some form of a book club with some specific friends
    Just as a means of fostering more in person interaction that isn’t just eating or drinking

Has anyone done such a thing and advice

poo
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Just as a means of fostering more in person interaction that isn’t just eating or drinking

Your first suggestion should be the 800 page erotic fan fiction you've been working on for the better part of a decade. Everyone in the book club should appear in the book via thinly veiled disguises.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

I think SiG and Skippy have both done bookclubs. Although I think both were just a cover for drinking wine

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    one of the win conditions is seeking the truth which sounded like going NORTH to me but i don't know

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Neural network YA novels?

• Options
    Most of adulthood is excuses to drink in nominally different situations

• Options

Now if you'll excuse me I must dash to the post office

*opens canned G&T*

• Options
    I guess you need to sort out hosting duties. Whether it rotates, or whether it's always the same person. Does everyone chip in for wine, cheese, caviar, muscatel, Mountain Dew or whatever your group regards as necessary snackage or is it up to the host to provide? How long do you want to discuss the book for before the conversation inevitably turns to idle gossip, marital problems or petty grievances? Do people get to veto the book recommendations of others? Can someone be kicked out for unironically suggesting Atlas Shrugged?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

My youngling coworkers did this.

They literally just set a night every two weeks to meet over wine and treats to talk about the book. And coordinate via I think texting.

They just asked other folks who they liked and are the same age group.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I think I would not want to join a book club until I'd finished all the unread books I already own. I already ban everyone except my wife from buying me new books unless I specifically request them. The last thing I need is Wendy foisting a copy of The Red Tent on me and demanding I read it immediately.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    three days off sick

not totally sure if christmas holidays do or do not count as 14 days between assignments, so not sure if I can call in sick without a doctor's note, so I got so sit sniffling at a waiting room for half an hour

have to fill out some form online and that's now one of my two only tasks until thursday, the other being "moan pitifully and complain at length"

a lot of texting while barely conscious this morning, to inform the people I work for and the employer and the guys I drive to work - jesus the polish guy is annoying. "call [consultant] and tell me who will pay me for today". What, eat shit, I'm sick, you call her. Also you're going to call her to find out how you're gonna get to work, not how your free day off is going to work.

calling my consultant - the pretty one - was one of the more pleasant calls to work about being sick I've had, though. She was very nice. It is important, when man-fluing, to have someone with a pretty voice confirm that yes you should feel sorry for yourself

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I think I would not want to join a book club until I'd finished all the unread books I already own. I already ban everyone except my wife from buying me new books unless I specifically request them. The last thing I need is Wendy foisting a copy of The Red Tent on me and demanding I read it immediately.

The nice thing about being president of book club is that you get to dictate that everyone just read your unread book list

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    I don't like calling in sick when I don't feel deathly but the fact that this is not a job where it would be at all wise to just suck it up and bear it

it's not like, well I'll get less stuff done today and it will suck, it's like, I can't focus on shit so like, best case scenario, I drop something and they'll have to ship new parts up, worst case, I kill someone.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Can't these kids do something normal for a social activity

like play board games that take 11 hours to complete and ruin every friendship you have

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular

I'm not supposed to drink any more. Is a shame. I miss scotch and beer.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    we are going to a bob ross beer and paint thing at a local brewery today : D

but alcohol hurts me D :

46147426065_425025b0ce_z.jpg

it was fun!

33185780678_a2c6d00038_z.jpg

I made a poorly-done picture!

then I passed out at 8pm from drinking and woke up at 5am throwing up and called in sick to work because hungover!

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

like play board games that take 11 hours to complete and ruin every friendship you have

"Listen, it's called rules lawyering and it's how things are SUPPOSED to work"*

*This is a real quote from someone who's remarkably still a good friend.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I can see when you turned black-out drunk

That right tree in the foreground is a Jackson Pollock painting

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Six wrote: »

Not sure if this is me or not

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I want an exploration game set in the Rimworld universe.

Something weird where you go on missions to planets, but because there's no FTL, the story unfolds as you move between worlds instantly from your perspective but with 100's of years going by depending on where you go and when. Have a whole mechanic where when you return the game sims which direction the world goes.

• Options
    Six wrote: »

Not sure if this is me or not

DzITolhW0AEbxd9.jpg:large

• Options
    Talking about incredibly long boardgames, Shut Up And Sit Down's next Twitch stream will be them playing TI4, so I guess that's six hours of my life I'll need to set aside.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Even though Sunless Skies is already less grindy and less Roguelike, I may cheat it to be even less so. Maybe lock supply and fuel.

I just don't care about the 'scraping by' part of it at all. I want the stories, the events.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Me right now:

as6tto5tzc91.png

• Options
    if I can manage to summon at least some focus I can at least get some more time in playing multiplayer total warhamz with my friend

we've played a lot of multi campaigns, but lately we've discovered the joys of playing head to head

what makes it really fun is that the other can take control of all AI armies the other fights. So not only do we get to play as a bunch of different factions, which is fun, but it makes battles and strategy really interesting, and hard. The AI is very predictable, when you've played as much as we have. You look at an army and think oh, right, yeah I can take these guys and I'll do it like this. Not that we haven't had really fun really hard battles, but most of them are like yeah this'll be easy

but with a human player, almost every single battle is scary, potentially inflicting hard losses. And it's fun to play as the AI because the battles aren't evenly matched at all, so working out my tactics as the AI gets really fun. These are the problems, here are my potential advantages, etc.

it's really fun even though I am not there so even more prone than usual to simply forget about a key unit and such

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Talking about incredibly long boardgames, Shut Up And Sit Down's next Twitch stream will be them playing TI4, so I guess that's six hours of my life I'll need to set aside.

That seems like a very optimistic estimate

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Even though Sunless Skies is already less grindy and less Roguelike, I may cheat it to be even less so. Maybe lock supply and fuel.

I just don't care about the 'scraping by' part of it at all. I want the stories, the events.

What I've been doing is buying extra fuel/supplies whenever I can and shoving them into the bank so when ai inevitably die to fucking bees, my next captain will have a backup supply to drawn from as the bank is persistent.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

Monopoly it is!

This discussion has been closed.